╌>

Op-Ed -------This Isn’t the Madman Theory. This Is a Madman President.

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  64 comments

Op-Ed -------This Isn’t the Madman Theory. This Is a Madman President.
Donald Trump, the conqueror of Greenland, victor of World Trade War I, King of the Jews, richest man in the world, number-one lover man of all ladies, and golden god astride the Fruited Plain is the tallest, smartest, most handsome, best-hung President in this or any era.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

This Isn’t the Madman Theory. This Is a Madman President.

Rick Wilson August 22, 2019

At this moment, on another Earth, a man is locked in a padded cell, nodding to the gibbering chorus of voices in his head and smearing out his manifesto on the grimy walls of the asylum using a jagged fingernail and his bodily fluids.

This chorus tells him things, you see. They warn him of the many hands posed to strike him, and demand revenge for every slight. They praise him, stroke his ego, and feed his rage.

On this Earth, the asylum is the bedlam of 1600 Pennsylvania, the inmate is the President of the United States, and instead of managing this dangerous patient, the staff sings his praises and encourages his worst behaviors.

The recognition that Donald J. Trump—President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the U.S. armed forces, leader of the Republican Party and now King of Israel and Chosen One —is, to use the psychiatric term of art, batshit crazy is dawning even on the slowest members of society. Also, that there’s not a damn thing we can do about it until November of 2020.

The big cons of the first term haven’t just been embarrassing flops but concatenating failures putting our economy and security at existential risk. The tax bill blew out the debt and deficit to unimaginable depths. North Korea’s serial humiliation of Trump proved to Kim Jong Un that he could pants the President of the United States and move the DPRK closer to full nuclear capabilities to threaten our allies and even our own shores.

The cruel nostalgia of Trump’s promises to restore coal, steel, and auto jobs are shattered on the altar of President Bigly Negotiator's moronic shitshow of an unwinnable trade war. The fact that he was spanked by Denmark, a country the size of Delaware, after his absurd “Buy Greenland” campaign was just one more humiliation of a President who clearly likes having his ass handed to him by bijou nations.

The Trump campaign and the early days of his administration were marked by the charming window when most of his supporters—and frankly, much of the mainstream media—believed that the vomitus spraying out of Trump's mouth was part of some clever psychological game, quantum chess to own the libs.

Only idiots and zealots believe that now. The howling vacuum of need within Trump's soul had already distorted every normal human emotion for decades, but now the stress of the presidency and the realities of his lasting failures have pushed him closer to a very public mental breakdown. In business, Trump could paper over his bankruptcies, flops, asinine remarks, and failed cons.

The presidency is different. His rising mania and rage come from the sure knowledge that history’s cold, brutal eye will allow no later revision, no long-term rethinking of his legacy, or even wry nostalgia over the grim era in which he presides. His failures, cruelty, caprice, corruption, and hairstyling tips will be graven in stone as a warning to future Americans.

This isn’t madman theory. This is just a mad man.

Gradually, and then suddenly—as Hemingway said of bankruptcy—came the realization that the lies Trump tells and the claims Trump makes aren’t deliberate or strategic. They are a roadmap of his pocked and scarred mental landscape.

What the boobs defended for three years as sales talk and typical Trumpian bullshitting is more and more indefensible. From economic claims to immigration scare stories to his constant mendacity about the wall, the lies—or whatever they are, given how inclined he is to trust what the voices in his head tell him—are seen as less crafted, and more crazy.

Jeb Bush once promised us that Donald Trump would be the chaos president. Call me crazy, but I’d trade the low energy candidate for President Nutjob in a hot second. Donald Trump is America's Loki, only without the charm and wit.

On that other Earth where Trump is getting the help he needs and the rest of us have a normal President, 50 percent of the nation would disagree that man or woman on any given day.

But no one would wake up thinking, “Hey, I wonder if this is the day that Barack Obama nukes Denmark?” or “Is George H.W. Bush gonna declare war on Belize because they tweeted something critical of him?”

No matter the partisan differences, we had the luxury of going about our lives with the knowledge that the men charged with running the country were, fundamentally, mentally sound.

Only his most deluded followers still buy that the phrase “Stable Genius” can be applied without irony to this president.

Donald Trump, the conqueror of Greenland, victor of World Trade War I, King of the Jews, richest man in the world, number-one lover man of all ladies, and golden god astride the Fruited Plain is the tallest, smartest, most handsome, best-hung President in this or any era.

Just ask him. Or the voices in his head.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

One day these years will be seen as having been a great shame to the United States of America, that we were unable or unwilling to remove a mad man from office prior to the scheduled election. He's not a king who requires a violent revolution to remove, it could have been done with a simple recognition by a bipartisan consensus that he is utterly unfit for the job. 

Yesterday Trump started ranting about how the prime minister of Denmark had disrespected the United States of America , and that is why he canceled his scheduled trip to Denmark. He went to why he was personally offended and why he wont stand for America being disrespected by anyone. 

A couple days before that Trump had tweeted out this image of a Trump tower dominating over a Greenland seascape. 

One can easily assume that Denmark and Greenland were insulted by that, and the Danish p.m.  made a comment about Trump's wish to buy Greenland, a negative comment. Trump gets 'offended' on behalf of the U.S.   lol.    

Only a few people seem to know what should be done with this man, the rest are in a state of cult like obedience to his demands for subservience , or avert their eyes out of a willingness to not care.  He should be removed, asap by whatever legal means it requires.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Trump gets 'offended' on behalf of the U.S.   lol.    

I'm an American and I wasn't offended by what the PM of Denmark said. I laughed out loud

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    5 years ago

Had I been the PM, I would have simply told him to fuck off.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.1    5 years ago

I would have told him, it's mine and you can't have it!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.1    5 years ago
Had I been the PM, I would have simply told him to fuck off.

THIS ^^^^^^ is why we love you. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    5 years ago
THIS ^^^^^^ is why we love you. 

Well, this...and the MTF ultimate one toke smoke comment.  

She's just straight up fabulous head to toe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    5 years ago
I laughed out loud

I Kind of knew you would say something like that. Do you think the Danish PM did it to score points with leftists world wide?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    5 years ago

That's right!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif As my dad used to say....."Mince meat, not words."  I love y'all too.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.7    5 years ago

Why stop there!  You can't make an Omelette without breaking a few eggs!  They'll love you even more!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    5 years ago

Like omg, is that a compliment from you?jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.4    5 years ago

Yes, she is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

Read all the latest news in The Onion and the Borowitz Report...

Sadly... it is all true.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago

If it's a leftist organization, I'm sure it's allowed by the NT ratings service!

freepress
Freshman Silent
3  freepress    5 years ago

I think since he sees the writing on the wall, he is deliberately setting himself up for a medical exit because they cannot prosecute a man with a serious illness. 

His family won't step in but they may have quietly advised him that is his only way out of his financial trouble, his emoluments issues, and anything that comes from at least a hundred lawsuits ongoing or pending.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  freepress @3    5 years ago
I think since he sees the writing on the wall, he is deliberately setting himself up for a medical exit because they cannot prosecute a man with a serious illness. 

What you suggest is possible. But, as he has been a nut case for most, if not all, of his life, it seems that it is just as matter of his mental illness getting more advanced at his age. That might explain what seems like Dementia, or he may be Bi-Polar.

At any rate, he is not mentally fit for the highest office of our country. If he wants to try and use that as an excuse for his criminal actions he may be hard pressed to find a judge and/or jury that will buy it. 

But, as he is the great "Deal Maker," he just might be able to make a plea bargain. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  freepress @3    5 years ago
setting himself up for a medical exit because they cannot prosecute a man with a serious illness. 

Yup. The Reagan defense, though the mental disability was real in both cases.

“Is Reagan Senile?” That was precisely what CBS News reporter Lesley Stahl was asking herself during a 1986 visit with a president she would later describe in her 2000 memoir,  Reporting Live , as “shriveled” and verging on catatonic.

“Reagan didn’t seem to know who I was,” she wrote. “He gave me a distant look with those milky eyes and shook my hand weakly. Oh, my, he’s gonzo, I thought.” But a few minutes later, he snapped out of it and from that point on seemed perfectly fine. When asked, White House aides admitted to Stahl that they had witnessed similar episodes.

"Reagan’s own son, Ron, sensed something was wrong at the time. He wrote in his 2011 book,  My Father at 100: A Memoir, that he first became concerned that “something beyond mellowing” was afflicting his father three years into Reagan’s first term. Of the latter’s bumbling debate performance against Walter Mondale in 1984, the younger Reagan observed:

"At 73, Ronald Reagan would be the oldest president ever re-elected. Some voters were beginning to imagine grandpa — who can never find his reading glasses — in charge of a bristling nuclear arsenal, and it was making them nervous. Worse, my father now seemed to be giving them legitimate reason for concern. My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with his notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered."

I've no doubt we'll see a similar memoir come out in the next decade from Ivanka.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5  katrix    5 years ago

The Chosen One!

It would be hilarious if it didn't have such serious repercussions ... his megalomania just keeps increasing. The Second Coming ... now he claims to be a god. The idiot doesn't even know that Jews don't believe in the second coming ... his ignorance also has no bounds.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

King Trump Joked About Trading Brown People For White People

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 years ago
President Donald Trump has reportedly talked about purchasing Greenland for over a year and once even quipped about trading Puerto Rico for the autonomous Danish region, according to a new  report  by  The New York Times .

The  Times  article noted that while buying the ice-covered island was not at the top of the president's to-do list, he did talk about it in private with aides and even floated the idea to the National Security Council.

"At one point last year, according to a former official who heard him, he even joked in a meeting about trading Puerto Rico for Greenland — happy to rid himself of an American territory whose leadership he has feuded with repeatedly," the report said.

President Trump has been largely ridiculed after it was first reported last week that he pushed his top aides to investigate whether the U.S. could buy the Danish island. The president's request "bewildered" his staffers,  according to   The Washington Post  article .

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 years ago
King Trump Joked About Trading Brown People For White People

Are you sure he was joking?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2    5 years ago
Are you sure he was joking?

Sadly, the excuse of "joking" has been used to mask vile deviant behavior by nearly every bully and sexual predator. The vile sexual comment to a coworker being forcefully rejected, "Hey babe, I was only kidding, jeez! Is every woman at this company a feminazi who can't take a joke?"... or the bully caught threatening another victim when a teacher arrives "I was just kidding, I wouldn't have stuck his head in the toilet, it was just a joke...".

Delinquent Donald is a master of this technique as are many of his high school drop out supporters.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2    5 years ago

Trump often says things then waits for the public reaction... If it's bad, he says he was joking. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.2    5 years ago

Yesterday, I mocked a direct quote from Trump. In response, one of our NT Usual Suspect stalwarts mocked me for listening to anything Trump says...

Yes... that's right...

Trump supporters are proud of his lying.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.3    5 years ago
Trump supporters are proud of his lying.

That is blatantly obvious.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.4    5 years ago

... and deeply troubling for the future of the country...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    5 years ago

What ever.  I just wish I knew what Melania really thinks.  And if she is teaching Barron how to speak and write in Slovenian.  After all, Melania is worth at least $65 million in her own right.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bbl-1 @7    5 years ago

Barron is already fluent.  She taught him so that he could converse with his grand parents.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    5 years ago

Or take up residence elsewhere if the need arose.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bbl-1 @7.1.1    5 years ago

That would be the best thing she could do for her son.  The more distance she can put between them and him, the more of a chance Barron will have to grow up to be a decent person.  Marla was smart enough to do it for Tiffany.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

By all accounts, Chelsea is doing just fine.  She is strong, confident, well educated, successful, and a wonderful mother.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.4    5 years ago
She is strong, confident, well educated, successful, and a wonderful mother

All true and i'll admit, she is easy on the eyes. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.8  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
Butt ugly come on man.

Yer referring to who?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.9  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
Butt ugly come on man.

Hey man, if yer gay that's yer thing... No need to hide. Just saying Chelsey is attractive. If you let politics cloud your vision...that's on you..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.9    5 years ago

I think she grew into her looks.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

Nobody can make you gay

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

But, but, but Hillary.  This seed isn't about the Clintons.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

She's very attractive.  Some are just so uncomfortable with strong, intelligent, attractive, accomplished women.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.12    5 years ago

Some are so emasculated by strong, intelligent, accomplished, attractive women.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.15    5 years ago

Sounds like a personal problem, doesn't it?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1.19  katrix  replied to    5 years ago

She's a hell of a lot better looking than that fatass Trump with his ridiculous hair plugs and sphincter mouth.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.20  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

When I was younger I looked like Tom Cruise, guess that means he is my dad. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    5 years ago

Though I am not a psychiatrist, based on rhetoric, behavior and actions, I would have to say that our POTUS is quite the loon.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago
It's our daily Trump hurt me article.

I suppose, if you count an article seeded four days ago as "daily". 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @11    5 years ago

C'mon John, they need an assole to lick...