╌>

Texas newlyweds killed in car crash moments after tying the knot

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  6 comments

Kennia Morgan said to take care of and love your family because you never know when they might be taken from you."Go home and hug your family tonight," she said. "If you have kids, go home and hug them, because now I don't have my kid. I don't have the one thing in my life that made me happy."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A newlywed couple was killed in a car crash just moments after confirming their  union  at a courthouse in Orange County,  Texas  on Friday afternoon.

Harley Joe Morgan, 19, and Rhiannon Boudreaux Morgan, 20 had just left the Justice of the Peace Dubose-Simonton courtroom around 3:00 p.m. when their 2004 Chevrolet was struck by a 2015 Ford F-250 pickup truck towing a trailer carrying a tractor after pulling onto Highway 87 South, according to the Orange Police Department.

The high school sweethearts were tragically killed at the scene of the crash, which was witnessed by the sister and mother of the groom, who had been following the newlyweds after the ceremony,  according to KFDM .

The groom's mother, Kennia Lashwana Morgan told the news station that the couple hadn't even been married five minutes before the fatal crash. She said they had been planning a larger ceremony in December.

"I witnessed my own worst nightmare," she said. "That's an image that will haunt me the rest of my life. I won't forget it. It will never go away. I will see that truck hit my baby and kill my baby every night of my life, the rest of the time that I'm on earth."

She added: "I watched my baby die. I'm still wearing my son's blood because I was trying my best to rip him and her out of the car."

Kennia Morgan said to take care of and love your family because you never know when they might be taken from you.

"Go home and hug your family tonight," she said. "If you have kids, go home and hug them, because now I don't have my kid. I don't have the one thing in my life that made me happy."

It wasn't immediately known if the driver, who was unhurt in the crash, will face charges.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

That had to have been an unbelievably horrifying sight for the mother. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago

Tragic...no other way to put it. RIP. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Friends John Russell and Mr. Frost: As a Rabbi and a Chaplain there are few things I am called to help with than a parent who outlives their offspring.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Enoch @3    5 years ago

That is very true. Parents should not out live their children. But, often the decision is not one we can control. 

My heart goes out to the Parents of these this young couple who were just taking the first steps to the next chapter of their young lives together. 

May the Creator hold them gently in His loving hands now as they each take the next steps to their own eternal journey. 

nv-wa-do-hi-ya-dv (Peace)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    5 years ago

Orange City, seat of Orange County TX, is the easternmost city in Texas on the Louisiana border.

There are court offices at the Orange County airport where the Morgan's were just wed by Justice of the Peace Joy Dubose-Simonton,

who performed the wedding and also attended their bodies as the Coroner.

No word on the other driver yet as to injuries or charges...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

One of the saddest stories I have heard in a long time. How awful for those parents.