╌>

Trump promotes unfounded Ilhan Omar conspiracy and shares claim Justin Trudeau 'assumes submissive position' with him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  54 comments

Trump promotes unfounded Ilhan Omar conspiracy and shares claim Justin Trudeau 'assumes submissive position' with him

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

World

102b4830-25c0-11e7-a66a-23957430fe89_lat   Chris Riotta, The Independent   23 hours ago

Brazil's Bolsonaro open to G-7 aid if France's Macron 'withdraws insults'

yahooNews-303217-1566918537568.jpg

Scroll back up to restore default view.

Donald Trump  unleashed a series of controversial late-night tweets from the G7 Summit in France over the weekend, reigniting his feud with  Ilhan Omar  and attacking Canadian Prime Minister  Justin Trudeau .

The president promoted an unfounded and incendiary claim purported by the far right online that Ms Omar, a Democratic congresswoman of colour and former refugee from Somalia, married her brother years before she took office in 2018.

28a7818691725561a87e6e0c8e5f9895

Mr Trump  retweeted a video  shared by the conservative group Judicial Watch claiming there was “credible evidence” the 37-year-old politician married her sibling, while calling on “federal officials and law enforcement to investigate her”.

“It’s so bad in terms of the documentary evidence, we can’t even be confident her last name is Omar,” Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, told   Breitbart   in the video shared to Twitter on Sunday.

“It’s that crazy,” he added, before attributing evidence about the details of Ms Omar’s wedding to the conservative Powerline blog. “There’s all this evidence that has been out there, basically her hometown newspaper has confirmed the reporting of the Powerline blog.”

Mr Fitton concluded it was “well past time for federal officials and law enforcement to investigate” Ms Omar and for the  US House of Representatives  to “get on the ball as well with an ethics investigation”.

The claims Mr Trump helped spread have in fact not been confirmed and were described as “disgusting lies” by Ms Omar.

The   Minneapolis Star-Tribune   did not confirm the Powerline blog's reporting, as Mr Fitton claimed, but instead said it was not able to reach a complete conclusion during its investigation into Ms Omar’s wedding.

“It seemed clear that there is some kind of personal relationship between” Ms Omar and her ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, the newspaper’s political editor Kevin Diaz told  Politifact . “But whether they are family or not, we can’t tell. We weren’t able to come close to determining whether that was the truth. And frankly, we were wary of drawing any conclusions.”

Ms Omar has shot down the rumours, which seemingly stemmed from old social media posts that have since been shared by right-wing circles on the internet. The newspaper said its evidence largely came from those social media posts.

“It’s really strange, right, to prove a negative,” Ms Omar told the   Associated Press   in 2018. “If someone was asking me, do I have a brother by that name, I don’t."

The president also retweeted an image of him and Mr Trudeau shared by Canadian media personality Ezra Levant that said the Canadian prime minister “assumes a submissive position — politically, and even physically” when meeting with Mr Trump.

“No, we actually had a very good and productive meeting,” Mr Trump  wrote  along with the picture, adding: “Nice!”

http://players.brightcove.net/624246174001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5837728067001

Support free-thinking journalism and subscribe to Independent Minds

The posts arrived as Mr Trump was meeting with economic world powers at the G7 summit in Biarritz, France over the weekend. On Monday, the president missed a climate meeting with the economic world powers, delayed a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel by two hours, according to the   Associated Press , and told reporters he was considering holding next year’s summit at his private golf resort in Miami, Florida.

Read more

Read more Trump plans to hold G7 at his financially struggling golf resort

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Ms Omar has shot down the rumours, which seemingly stemmed from old social media posts that have since been shared by right-wing circles on the internet. The newspaper said its evidence largely came from those social media posts.

That seems to be where the gop/republicans get all their 'facts', from social media.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

We've seen many post those fallacious conspiracy theories here on NT with zero regard for truth. So far as I can tell, she has made a handful of comments and tweets that inferred old anti-Semitic tropes so its not like she should be free of criticism, but making bogus claims about her citizenship or repeating uncorroborated stories of marrying her brother and other bullshit was despicable. It was the same tactic used against Hillary, take one or two kernels of truth and then add a thousand pounds of bullshit and tweet and retweet it on social media with fake bot accounts and "Poof!" you have the makings of a perfect smear campaign, truth be damned. It's sad that some seem to truly believe the ends justify the means, that abandoning truth, morals, facts and reason just to chalk up a win over an opponent is worth it. They should be ashamed, but we all know they have no shame left.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago
with fake bot accounts and "Poof!"

Fox news does that as well. I have been in one of their, "chat rooms" and a post from an obvious trump supporter will pop up with 30 likes, at the same moment it's posted. They do it to swing the narrative if trump is taking a beating. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

It's the 'president' who is submissive to those like Putin, Un, and any other authoritarian.  

Mr. Trudeau is not submissive to this shitstain of a 'president'

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

I guess that picture of Melania and Trudeau really set Trump off, heh!

But it's interesting that he's fantasizing about having anal sex with Trudeau. Guess he wants to beat Melania to Trudeau's bed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago
The president also retweeted an image of him and Mr Trudeau shared by Canadian media personality Ezra Levant that said the Canadian prime minister “assumes a submissive position — politically, and even physically” when meeting with Mr Trump.

Trumps wife evidently has a different opinion of Trudeau. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

She should have fucked him, not like her husband could complain. But yea, she was crushing on him hard. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    5 years ago

Mr. Trudeau has morals and decency and wouldn't cheat on his wife with that whore.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    5 years ago

True.. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    5 years ago
she was crushing on him hard

She's imagining herself being held by something other than Trumps baby hands trying to force her to eat his baby carrot...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.3    5 years ago

vomit-655x353.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Yeah I'm sure she's thinking, why can't Donald look like you?

She looks pretty hag like in that photo, even with all the plastic surgery.  

A lot like Ivanka gazing at Trudeau in the past, like she's thinking, 'why can't daddy look like you?'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

" It seemed clear that there is some kind of personal relationship between” Ms Omar and her ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi , the newspaper’s political editor Kevin Diaz told Politifact . “ But whether they are family or not , we can’t tell . We weren’t able to come close to determining whether that was the truth. And frankly, we were wary of drawing any conclusions.”

It's "Clear" before it "wasn't" ?

I hear that "Reporting" doesn't require any "Investigation" ….. I guess !

So much for this article being able to claim "Trumps Tweet" about Omar was false" ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

But what the Hell. Just throw the "Possibility" out there anyway ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Trudeau is an "I can Feel myself …. REAL Good " idiot...… Just Push it "mon ami" and/or "mon amie" ….. just PUSH IT !!!!!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
" It seemed clear that there is some kind of personal relationship between” Ms Omar and her ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi , the newspaper’s political editor Kevin Diaz told Politifact . “ But whether they are family or not , we can’t tell . We weren’t able to come close to determining whether that was the truth. And frankly, we were wary of drawing any conclusions.”

I guess I missed them at the G-7... What the fuck are you even talking about? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago
What the fuck are you even talking about? 

I "Feel" your self induced pain. jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

Read the article ! sheeeeeesh ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago
The newspaper said its evidence largely came from those social media posts.
Yes because that's where all the truth comes from, social media posts.  

What ItIsMe is commenting on is from the article itself though his video is off topic, and his remarks about Trudeau are nonsense, but they won't be removed.   

Who the fuck wouldn't have a personal relationship with their ex-husband?  

From some nonsense rag or blog I'm sure.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    5 years ago
What ItIsMe is commenting on is from the article itself though his video is off topic

The Video isn't Off Topic on the Trudeau comment of mine !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.3    5 years ago

Yes it is off topic.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    5 years ago
Yes it is off topic.

From your own "Seeded" article:

"Mr Trudeau shared by Canadian media personality Ezra Levant that said the Canadian prime minister “assumes a submissive position — politically, and even physically” .

Trudeau is in the article, and we have all read about Trudeau and his Wimpy antics on the news.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.5    5 years ago

It's off topic.  

Your video is off topic.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    5 years ago
Your video is off topic.  

It's called "Artistic Lisc.".

I like "Art".....more "Sue".....but "Art" is still great !

After all, art is EVERYTHING, no matter how Weird, Odd, Disruptive, inclusive, intrusive or gross !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago

" It seemed clear that there is some kind of personal relationship between” Ms Omar and her ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi , the newspaper’s political editor Kevin Diaz told Politifact . “ But whether they are family or not , we can’t tell . We weren’t able to come close to determining whether that was the truth. And frankly, we were wary of drawing any conclusions.”

The 'president' re-tweeted an unverified nonsense bullshit social media post about Ms. Omar being married to her brother and whatever rag these morons are for, are also pushing unverified bullshit.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    5 years ago

"New Evidence Supports Claims That Ilhan Omar Married Her Brother"

Even Snopes can't say Yay or Nay !

Where is Omar on this ?

After All, She's sooooo good at going after everything else !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.1    5 years ago
  • Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership.

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Anti-Islam, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

Surprise, surprise, you used a far 'right' source to support the bogus claim regarding Ms. Omar.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.2    5 years ago

Doesn't make them Wrong on this !

Was "WE" able to prove them wrong ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.3    5 years ago

Yes it does.  

You have proven nothing correct.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.2    5 years ago
Surprise, surprise, you used a far 'right' source to support the bogus claim regarding Ms. Omar. 

The surprise would have been if he didnt. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    5 years ago
 It seemed clear that there is some kind of personal relationship between” Ms Omar and her ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi , the newspaper’s political editor Kevin Diaz told Politifact . “ But whether they are family or not ,

I'm pretty sure I have a personal relationship with my spouse and he is my family.

what kind of nimrod reporters do they have at Politifact?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.4    5 years ago
Yes it does.

Where ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.5    5 years ago
The surprise would have been if he didnt. 

Surprise, Surprise !  It would be a big surprise, if you knew me to actually use any "Wing" thingy as an "End All" when I comment.

On this subject, it's all over the place, with the one being accused keeping her mouth shut.

Hmmmmmm….. Is Silence "Golden" and make one "Innocent", or does "Silence" actually make one "Guilty" !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.9  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.8    5 years ago

It doesnt take a lot of effort to find out if you are posting from a conspiracy site.  Usually all you have to do is open your eyes. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.9    5 years ago
It doesnt take a lot of effort to find out if you are posting from a conspiracy site

Ditto ! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.2.11  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.3    5 years ago
Doesn't make them Wrong on this !

I can claim that Trump has sex with Putin and Kim. Can you prove that to be wrong? Anyone can claim whatever they want - and a source like the one you used clearly shouldn't be taken seriously if it makes claims it can't back up with proof.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @5.2.11    5 years ago
I can claim that Trump has sex with Putin and Kim

Trump said NO !

What has Omar said again ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.10    5 years ago

lol. 

You sound like Trump   "no, you're the puppet".     Its uncanny how his supporters emulate him. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.14  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.13    5 years ago
You sound like Trump   "no, you're the puppet". 

Didn't see "Puppet" used in any of my comments.

Are you just "Projecting/PROTECTING" ……. AGAIN ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.9    5 years ago

Why would/should Ms. Omar continue to deny such nonsense?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.12    5 years ago
Why would/should Ms. Omar continue to deny such nonsense?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.2.17  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.12    5 years ago
Trump said NO !

You mean you've read claims that someone has actually asked Trump if he had sex with Putin or Kim? What type of websites do you visit, anyway?  Just .. wow.

Ms Omar has shot down the rumours

This came from the posted article. Did you not bother reading it?  So, if Trump says No, you believe it (despite him being a pathological liar) - but if a liberal says No, they're automatically lying?

You're all about investigating anyone who's a liberal, but when a Republican like Trump does something that is CLEARLY unethical, you don't give a crap. So stop pretending you're sitting on some kind of moral high ground, when you support the most corrupt President either of us have seen in our lifetimes.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.18  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @5.2.17    5 years ago
You mean you've read claims that someone has actually asked Trump if he had sex with Putin or Kim?

Yes !

It was on NT and The name of the one that said it was katrix.  

"Ms Omar has shot down the rumours" 
This came from the posted article. Did you not bother reading it?" 

Link ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.18    5 years ago

'The claims Mr Trump helped spread have in fact not been confirmed and were described as “disgusting lies” by Ms Omar.'

'Ms Omar has shot down the rumours, which seemingly stemmed from old social media posts that have since been shared by right-wing circles on the internet. The newspaper said its evidence largely came from those social media posts.'

Why would you need a link from the article posted above?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.20  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.19    5 years ago
Why would you need a link from the article posted above?

This part? :

"Ms Omar told the Associated Press in 2018. “If someone was asking me, do I have a brother by that name, I don’t."

So "Adamant" is she ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.21  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.20    5 years ago
No, this part from Katrix
'Ms Omar has shot down the rumours

This came from the posted article. Did you not bother reading it?  So, if Trump says No, you believe it (despite him being a pathological liar) - but if a liberal says No, they're automatically lying?'

You conveniently left out this part:

“It’s really strange, right, to prove a negative,” Ms Omar told the   Associated Press   in 2018. “If someone was asking me, do I have a brother by that name, I don’t."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.22  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.21    5 years ago
'Ms Omar has shot down the rumours

Did you read comment #5.2.20 ?

There was NO "Shoot Down" by her. Just a timid "Statement" !

The "Liberal" media has a way of Sensationalizing as "great", "Timid Simple" words when they "Like" someone.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.2.23  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.18    5 years ago
It was on NT and The name of the one that said it was katrix.  

You claim that Trump said No to that question. So now you're pretending Trump is on NT?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.2.24  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.22    5 years ago
There was NO "Shoot Down" by her. Just a timid "Statement" !

So if she doesn't go into a hysterical fit screaming NO NO NO you believe unfounded claims you read on your conspiracy sites?

It's a stupid rumor that your idiotic right wing fellow conspirators made up, and you expect it to be taken far more seriously than it deserves. All the while ignoring outright PROVEN unethical behavior by your orange idol.

I can't stand Ms Omar but you are being absolutely ridiculous here.

Stupid comments look even dumber when written so poorly, btw.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.25  arkpdx  replied to  katrix @5.2.23    5 years ago

Are you sure he is not?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.26  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @5.2.24    5 years ago
I can't stand Ms Omar but you are being absolutely ridiculous here

I'm the ridicules one ?

Who writes these "Reports" ?  It Is Me, or the one that actually writes them ?

"Stupid comments look even dumber when written so poorly, btw"

Now was that nice to write ? Whose comment is the "Really" Dumb looking one now ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.27  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @5.2.23    5 years ago
You claim that Trump said No to that question.

Trump says "He's not in Bed" with Putin all the time. Don't you watch the news.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.28  arkpdx  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.27    5 years ago
Don't you watch the news.

Probably she only watched MSNBC and CNN. Not real news.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Did you read comment 5.2.21 where you left out “It’s really strange, right, to prove a negative,” Ms Omar told the   Associated Press   in 2018. “If someone was asking me, do I have a brother by that name, I don’t."

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.1  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

Apparently that was a "timid" statement - I guess because she didn't start insulting the idiots who made up this bullshit.