Trump approval rating plummets in every 2020 battleground state, including Republican strongholds

Via:  tessylo  •  3 months ago  •  29 comments

Trump approval rating plummets in every 2020 battleground state, including Republican strongholds

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

102b4830-25c0-11e7-a66a-23957430fe89_lat   Clark Mindock, The Independent   1 hour 12 minutes ago  

ee0bf6b683946a4471def1cd44b2bd27

Donald Trump ’s approval rating has sunk in every 2020 battleground state, showing major vulnerabilities for the incumbent president a little over a year from election day.

That’s   according to   Morning Consult’s tracking poll, which found Mr Trump’s approval slipping in 17 of the states that are expected to be competitive next year.

His approval rating remains above water in just two of those states — with a two per cent net positive rating in Georgia, and a 6 per cent net positive rating in Texas.

The new poll shows that, in key states that Mr Trump won in 2016 to break down the so-called Democratic “firewall”, his fortunes may have turned. Those include Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, where Mr Trump beat Hillary Clinton with a combined 130,000 votes.

But the concerning polling expands far beyond those states, and into territory that has generally been considered safe for Republicans — and states Mr Trump won.

In Ohio, where Mr Trump began his time as president with 14 per cent net approval, he has slipped to negative 6 per cent. In Iowa, where his approval was 9 per cent, that figure has dropped to negative 11 per cent.

In Arizona, his approval has dropped from 19 per cent approval, down to negative 7 per cent. In Florida, where he once enjoyed 22 per cent approval, he has dropped to negative 1 per cent. In North Carolina, where he enjoyed 17 per cent approval, that rating has dropped to negative 1 per cent.

Support free-thinking journalism and subscribe to Independent Minds

The polls come as both Republicans and Democrats gear up for the 2020 elections, and as both sides suggest they believe they can pull together a coalition of these states for a victory next year.

The Trump campaign has maintained that they believe they can win in the states Mr Trump won in 2016, and expand on the showing.

Democrats, meanwhile, have said they do not think Mr Trump can pull off a repeat of that election, and will lose much of the support he had then.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Tessylo
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 months ago

Donald Trump  ’s approval rating has sunk in every 2020 battleground state, showing major vulnerabilities for the incumbent president a little over a year from election day.

WallyW
2  WallyW    3 months ago

a little over a year from election day.

The Dems have no chance to replace him.

JBB
2.1  JBB  replied to  WallyW @2    3 months ago

No, Trump, who never even reached 50% approval, will be a one term President!

MrFrost
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  WallyW @2    3 months ago

JohnRussell
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    3 months ago

Good meme. 

Paula Bartholomew
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  WallyW @2    3 months ago

A burned out bulb could replace him.

igknorantzrulz
2.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3    3 months ago

waaaaaatt

i'm not sure about that

Paula Bartholomew
2.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.1    3 months ago

LOL.

Ozzwald
2.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3    3 months ago
A burned out bulb could replace him.

Nah.  At least a bulb did its job for a little while.  Trump's biggest personal accomplishment has been to find the TV remote in his sofa cushions under all his left over fries.

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    3 months ago
no chance to replace him.

Sparty On
4  Sparty On    3 months ago

Once again, i'm getting deja vu all over again .....

MrFrost
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @4    3 months ago

True. As long as people remember that polls don't pick the president, (because the polls reflect the popular vote, not the electorate). 

Sparty On
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    3 months ago

True but i'll extend that even further  

Few pundits or yes polls of the EC gave trump ANY chance to win outright.   No path to even an EC win.   They all got it wrong.   Hell, most of us got it wrong.   i woke up the next morning and was just as shocked as everyone else.

Memory can be a very convenient thing for some folks ..... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
4.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    3 months ago

Tru dat my friend. 

igknorantzrulz
4.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    3 months ago
They all got it wrong.   Hell, most of us got it wrong.   i woke up the next morning and was just as shocked as everyone else.

yea, but i'll give some then Trumpp voters, a lttle break, as they knew not what or who he truly was, Russian blog information manipulation, Hillary the terrible candidate, and his unique ability to have some sort of teflon coating(obviously orange in tint), Comeys idiotic first news conference explaining Y he was NOT charging Clinton, Comey's announcing of the e-mail reopening after Weiners' computer findings 11 days prior to election, Trumpp's deceitful messages, telling people what they WANTED to hear, not what were truly obtainable promises(eg Mexico will pay for wall) also known as LIES, and finally

Trumpp's claim to be not part of the political system, even though he paid and played both sides for decades .

All of these, gave many reason to think he might be possibly a new and better alternative to the status quo, and thought  there was NO WAY HE BLOW THIS MUCH.

Well they were WRONG, and while far too many still refuse to admit it,bthey know they fckd up, and WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR HIM AGAIN

sonme peopl actually DO, learn fromtheir escapes

Sparty On
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.3    3 months ago

Save your "yeah buts" and "what abouts" for someone who doesn't know better.

The mistake many on left make is they underestimate their opponent.   They think they are smarter than those who for example had the temerity to support and vote for Trump.   They think they have all the answers.   Well, keep thinking that to your own demise.

A lesson i learned early in life:  NEVER underestimate your opponent.   The time to be bragadocious, if you so choose, is after you defeat your opponent not before.    Or better yet, be a classy winner if you do win and don't brag at all.   And if you lose don't whine like a little schoolgirl scorned for the first time.   That's even worse as evidenced by all the whining from the left since Nov 2016.

The resist movement has gotten that wrong from the start.   Absolutely wrong.

JohnRussell
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    3 months ago

THE reason that Trumpsters belittle polling is because there has never been a poll that has been favorable to Trump. There have been a few times when a Rassmussen poll has shown him at about 50% or a point or two above, but we can easily conclude that Rassmussen is an outlier (since it is the only poll with such "high" ratings for Trump). 

So Trumpsters take the position that since all the polls indicate Trump is quite unpopular , we will just try and make fun of the polls. 

Yes, thats all they have. 

igknorantzrulz
4.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    3 months ago
Save your "yeah buts" and "what abouts" for someone who doesn't know better.

i did

Sparty On
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    3 months ago

More rationalizations from the left but by all means, keep it up.

You do and you are likely to get boned even harder in 2020.

It won't be pretty John.   I sincerely hope you survive it.

Sparty On
4.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.6    3 months ago

Clearly you didn't but if it helps you sleep at night to think that you did, keep thinking that.

I'm all for a healthy nights sleep for everyone.

Don't want you snapping or anything like that .....

igknorantzrulz
4.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.8    3 months ago

no, ALCOHOL  helps me sleep

whenever i want

JohnRussell
4.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    3 months ago

This graph is Trumps approval rating on Gallup from the week he took office until today. Most weeks it is around 40% give or take 3 points or so.  This is over the course of about 140 weeks, or 140 polls. 

I find it highly likely this poll represents Trump's popularity, They poll weekly, and the results have been very consistent over time. 

The lighter green is approval and the darker green is disapproval

His current approval on Gallup is 41%. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

JohnRussell
4.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.7    3 months ago

The only thing you are ever missing is a good argument to back up your assertions. What do they say? Oh, yeah. It is what it is. 

Sparty On
4.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    3 months ago
What do they say? Oh, yeah. It is what it is. 

Yes it is and the TDS driven delusions continue.

Honestly, you don't have a prayer in 2020.   Not unless the sky falls like you've been predicting for nearly three years.     That's just the sad truth and deep down, in places you don't like to talk about, you know it.

Maybe one of these times the nonsensical rantings coming from the left about Trump will come true.   After all, even a deaf, dumb and blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a great while .....  one can only hope for your sake John.

In the meantime i'll continue to call it out for what it is.   Ultra left wing crackpottery.

Keep digging for that nut!

Paula Bartholomew
4.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    3 months ago

They only like the polls that favor him.

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    3 months ago

MrFrost
6  MrFrost    3 months ago

Fox News Poll Shows Trump Under 40% vs. Biden, Sanders, Warren and Harris

A new Fox News poll shows 50 percent of voters choosing Joe Biden over President Trump in 2020, with the president clinching less than 40 percent support against four Democratic challengers.When matched up against Biden, only 38 percent of voters said they’d vote for Trump over the former vice president. Trump had support from 39 percent of voters when matched up against Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA)—who had 48, 46, and 45 percent, respectively. Also featured in the August 11-13 poll were low approval numbers for Trump among overall voters, with only 43 percent approving and 56 disapproving of his performance. When asked if they thought Trump was pulling the country together or tearing it apart, 59 percent of voters said Trump was “tearing the country apart.” In addition, only 37 percent of voters approved of how Trump “responded to recent mass shootings.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-poll-shows-trump-under-40-vs-biden-sanders-warren-and-harris

Tried to find the link to the poll on fox news, but they buried that poll so deep I can't even find it. 

Ozzwald
6.1  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 months ago

Tried to find the link to the poll on fox news, but they buried that poll so deep I can't even find it. 

This is FoxNews polling department the day after the poll results were broadcast.

covantajpg-65fe17328eef381b.jpg

MrFrost
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ozzwald @6.1    3 months ago

Well played Ozzy :)