╌>

James Comey Cleared By Dept. of Justice Inspector General

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  218 comments

ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.

qZVnNnWB_bigger.jpg

@Comey

And to all those who’ve spent two years talking about me “going to jail” or being a “liar and a leaker”—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.

qZVnNnWB_bigger.jpg James Comey

DOJ IG "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media." I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a “sorry we lied about you” would be nice.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I know that Trumpsters will say that Comey was not "cleared" , but when contrasted with the right wing medias assurances to their followers that Comey was "going to jail"  , I think it is fair to describe him as cleared. 

Comey knew that the notes he gave to a friend to make public were not supposed to be released , according to DOJ policies, but saw a greater good in letting the public know that Trump had tried to get him to drop an FBI investigation of the Trump administration.  Comey was right. 

Expect similar results from the rest of the right wing "witch hunt" into former intelligence community officials. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

The MAGA crowd is going to be chewing on their hats

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1  katrix  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    5 years ago
The MAGA crowd is going to be chewing on their hats

Nah, they'll still screech "lock him up!" - due process only counts if it's a Republican being accused of something. If a Trump toadie is cleared - or even convicted - they are still innocent. Everyone else is guilty no matter what.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @2.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    5 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Matthew Miller
@matthewamiller
·
16m The IG has basically faulted Comey for speeding on his way to tell the village that a fire was coming. Such a narrowly-scoped view of the world.
IBeJ-JTQ_bigger.png
Matthew Miller
@matthewamiller
·
19m
This is perhaps the stupidest investigation the IG has ever done, and one of its dumber conclusions. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

"James Comey Cleared By Dept. of Justice Inspector General"

@Comey .....

James Comey…...

So says Comey . jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago
So says Comey

Prove he wasn't cleared? We'll wait. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    5 years ago

Prove he wasn't cleared? We'll wait.

Comey violated FBI policy in handling of memos detailing interactions with Trump, inspector general finds.

Former FBI Director James B. Comey violated FBI policies in how he handled memos that detailed his controversial interactions with President Trump, the Justice Department inspector general found in a report released Thursday, both in engineering their release to the press and storing them at his home without telling the FBI. 

That was HARD ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago

He released no classified material to the public. DOJ will not be prosecuting Comey. 

Gee, that was even easier! 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    5 years ago
How's it feel to be WRONG !

"Of those memos that he gave to his attorneys, two had classified information — though Comey redacted the material from one of them, the inspector general wrote. The other, the inspector general wrote, had six words the FBI determined to be confidential."

Yikes! Six words! No doubt they were "Underage prostitutes peed on Donald Trump"...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.4    5 years ago

"Confidential" is "Confidential" !

Do you see a "Blur" in that FACT, where the definition of "Confidential" might change" !

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.5    5 years ago
Do you see a "Blur" in that FACT

It is rather funny how the right dismissed the 10 clear counts of obstruction of justice detailed in the Mueller report but now want to seize on 6 words Comey leaked that were later considered "confidential". At least we only have a little over a year left of this shit show before we can kick that moron out of the oval office and prosecute he and his family on a litany of offenses from the emoluments clause abuses, illegal use of charity funds, misuse of inauguration donations, obstruction of justice and very likely tax and bank fraud. Maybe Trump will get lucky by landing a new reality show on Netflix called "Orange is the New Black 2: Caged Heat".

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.6    5 years ago

What's funny is how you ALWAYS "Move elsewhere" ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

This is about "Comey".

Were you NOT on-board when democrats were calling for Comey to go ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid , D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act

Rep. Steve Cohen , D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post.

S en. Chuck Schumer , D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi , D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.

Rep. Hank Johnson , D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”

Rep. Maxine Waters , D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Rep. G.K. Butterfield , D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.”

The "Underlined" are/were the leaders of the Democrat Party !

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.5    5 years ago
Do you see a "Blur" in that FACT, where the definition of "Confidential" might change" !

You mean like when Trump released REAL CONFIDENTIAL EViDENCE from our allies about spies ?

You do realize, if Trump was not pos of the US, he would be in jail with his lawyer right now , correct ?

You, and your gang of hypocrites should be ashamed at your selective outrage, cause Trump has played you ALL like an uncle Ernie Fiddle.

Comey,imo, is how Trump got elected, so im no fan, but i can call it like i see it.

Trump IS OWNED BY PUTIN, on this, Comey was right.

Y is Trump all about Russia and Putin.

Y does he want to withold 250 million from the Ukraine ?

Y does he want Russia back in G7, when hes still in Crimea ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.8    5 years ago

The article? is about Comey !

Did you miss the memo again ?

Didn't you read Comey's Twits above, which is from Comey, that the one that put up "Comeys Twits" was wanting it to be about "Comey" ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.9    5 years ago

These ARE THE VERY FIRST WORDS IN SEED!

'ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.'

Explain that away

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.10    5 years ago
Explain that away

It was From "Comey" himself ? 

Did you miss the @Comey thingy attached above that comment ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.11    5 years ago
t was From "Comey" himself ? 

no shit sherlock, he was trying to alert US that Trump wanted leniency on Flynn, and then because Comey wouldn't cooperate, Trump fired him.

and would have fired Mueller if not for the layer who refused

it is all tied together, no matter how much you deny it

take off the damn blinders

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.13  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.2    5 years ago

There is no prosecution of Trump for collusion or conspiracy with the Russians. In fact the Mueller report said there was no evidence of it at all yet we constantly keep hearing how Trump was not exonerated.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.12    5 years ago
he was trying to alert US that Trump wanted leniency on Flynn, and then because Comey wouldn't cooperate, Trump fired him.

NO !

He's trying to cover his own ass right now/AGAIN !

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1.15  katrix  replied to  arkpdx @4.1.13    5 years ago
There is no prosecution of Trump for collusion or conspiracy with the Russians

Collusion isn't a crime - that was never the point. The Mueller report specifically pointed out ten instances where Trump attempted to obstruct justice and Mueller himself SPECIFICALLY said that he wasn't exonerating Trump, and that if he could have, he would have.

Did you even bother reading the report?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.16  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.2    5 years ago
He released no classified material to the public

Wrong, he admitted that the one memo he released to his Harvard friend was probably classisied. By releasing it to a private member of the public, he in essence released it to the public.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.17  Greg Jones  replied to  bugsy @4.1.16    5 years ago

Any other person in the FBI would be up on charges for what Comey admitted doing.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.14    5 years ago
He's trying to cover his own ass right now/AGAIN !

Y R U so concerned about his ass, that he feels he must keep it covered ? It's done already, find someone elses ass to obsess over.

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.1.19  TTGA  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago
Former FBI Director James B. Comey violated FBI policies

Me,

They're right in one respect.  Violating FBI policies is a reason for being fired (never again can anyone say that Trump was not completely justified in firing him), but they may not rise to the level of criminal activity.  So he was cleared of violating confidentiality rules under the law.  The DOJ will not prosecute for that.  In that respect, he was cleared, in exactly the same way that President Trump was cleared of collusion and obstruction (no indictment=exonerated).

However, they're not quite finished with Mr. Comey.  The IG has not yet released the report regarding obtaining a FISA warrant using information that Comey can be proven to have known was not accurate.  This could raise a big problem for him since his signature is on the warrant request directly under the statement, "I hereby swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in this request is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief".  This request is dated after it can be proven that Comey had been briefed about the unreliability of the Steele Dossier, which was a part of that warrant request.  Perjury will get you 5-15 years.

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.1.20  TTGA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.18    5 years ago
Y R U so concerned about his ass, that he feels he must keep it covered ?

ig,

No one cares particularly about Comey himself and whether he can cover his ass or not.  What we want are the people he's gonna roll on when he's looking at prison.  You can't make a deal by rolling on people below you in the food chain, they have to be above you.  That means two people, Loretta Lynch, the AG and Barack Obama, the President.  Depending on what he says, Comey can send either or both of them to prison.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TTGA @4.1.20    5 years ago
What we want are the people he's gonna roll on when he's looking at prison.  You can't make a deal by rolling on people below you in the food chain, they have to be above you.  That means two people, Loretta Lynch, the AG and Barack Obama, the President.

ok then,

i guess...

Possibly your reality, and my reality, don't process reality in the same method or mannerism, but you are free, as am i, to perceive all things uniquely.

Do have a most excellent evening.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.22  CB  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.5    5 years ago

When was the classification made? Before or after the fact of sharing? Dates, please. (HINT: It does matter materially.)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  TTGA @4.1.19    5 years ago
However, they're not quite finished with Mr. Comey. 

Nope !

This was just a snippet of a bigger issue.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.24  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    5 years ago

How's it feel to be WRONG !

DOJ said it will not prosecute Comey... I wasn't wrong, YOU were. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.24    5 years ago
DOJ said it will not prosecute Comey... I wasn't wrong,

Yes you were WRONG !

You posted : "He released no classified material to the public."

Now you're wrong about what you were speaking about too !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.26  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.25    5 years ago

Cool, the DOJ still isn't prosecuting Comey. Despite all of your posts, it doesn't change that fact. Also, the DOJ said that while he broke protocol, he DIDN'T release any confidential to the public, (it's all part of that "the DOJ isn't going to prosecute Comey" thingy). 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.27  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.26    5 years ago
(it's all part of that "the DOJ isn't going to prosecute Comey" thingy). 

It's kinda the same thing with Trump. DOJ not recommending prosecution.

I wonder why you don't demand Congress do their job and oversight the executive branch?

Oh, wait...because..Trump...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.28  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @4.1.27    5 years ago

Oh, wait...because..Trump...

Not at all. Trump, (per the Mueller report), committed crimes, Comey violated company policy. Big difference. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.29  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.28    5 years ago
committed crimes,

What crimes were those?

I find it hilarious that liberals swear there were crimes committed, but it seems like your reps in Congress don't have the balls to bring charges. Why is that? Is it because they know they would have their asses handed to them if they did?

Come on libs. Demand your Congressmen/women bring charges. We are getting tired of hearing" there's a chance we may possibly bring charges either this fall or sometime in 2020"

In other words...we have nothing, but are continuing to dupe our sheep that we do and are going to milk it until the 2020 election.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

What do you mean by "cleared" and what is your source for that characterization?

DOJ decided a while ago that they weren't going to prosecute him, but there is a story in the Los Angeles Times today that the inspector general found Comey violated FBI policy. In your mind, does that feel like he was "cleared" of something?

James Comey violated FBI policies in handling of memos, official says

The Justice Department’s inspector general says former FBI Director James B. Comey violated FBI policies in the handling of memos Comey wrote documenting private conversations with President Trump.

The watchdog office says Comey broke FBI rules by giving a memo containing unclassified information to a friend with instructions to share the contents with a reporter.

The office also says Comey failed to notify the FBI after he was fired that he had retained some of the memos in a safe at home.

Comey wrote a series of memos about conversations with Trump he says unnerved him. He says he wanted to make a record of the interactions because he was concerned Trump might later lie about them.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

People break long standing policies all day, everyday, more so under this Administration, especially by the POTUS.

Did Comey break a law that would result in charges or jail time?  Apparently not.

After all the promises and chants of "lock him up", are you disappointed?

"Cleared" means this witch hunt is dead as far as Comey, Strzok and Page are concerned.

The IG completed his FISA abuse investigation on July 02,2019. 

I believe we are still waiting for a draft report to be presented to AG  Barr.

One might ask how a 90 day investigation has not resulted in a 'draft report'  yet, after 58 days.

Are we just going to get disappointing pieces, bit by bit?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.1    5 years ago
The IG completed his FISA abuse investigation on July 02,2019. 

FALSE!

"Cleared" means this witch hunt is dead as far as Comey, Strzok and Page are concerned.

FALSE!

The FISA part of the IG's investigation is still ongoing. More importantly there is a US Attorney investigation going on.

Did Comey break a law that would result in charges or jail time?  Apparently not.

FALSE!

There was a criminal referral on Comey. The fact that the AG decided not to pursue it dosen't diminish that fact.

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    5 years ago

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @5.1    5 years ago

So it's all good unless he's prosecuted? How come that standard doesn't apply to Trump?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    5 years ago
There was a criminal referral on Comey

Which is basically meaningless now.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.4    5 years ago
Which is basically meaningless now.

A criminal referral is never meaningless. History will keep it for future generations. It should all make for lessons to be learned from. The resistance, rogue agents & progressive influence within government & the media.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    5 years ago

Only in the partisan Dem world is a criminal referral for misconduct by the FBI for misconduct "meaningless"

What a world. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    5 years ago

I am curious.  Does it show up on a background check or a credit report?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    5 years ago

Apparently it does.

Trump has settled out of court countless times and his sycophants and detractors will split hairs over whether that's

good business or an admission of guilt.

Ditto, he's bankrupted 7 corporations but never declared Chapter 7,  a real capitalist hero to some, smh.

Mr. Trump has also been referred to the DOJ for false financial disclosures regarding the payments to Stormy Daniels and others.

It doesn't seem to matter to his supporters, so I can hardly see why Comey's referral would be any more of a story.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    5 years ago

Is that a picture of Trumps cabinet? Lot's of lying yes men ready to ram their Pinocchio noses deep into Trumps nether reaches whenever he has a bowel itch that needs scratching?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.11  KDMichigan  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    5 years ago

He is getting off the same way as Hillaryious Hillary.

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.1.12  TTGA  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    5 years ago
History will keep it for future generations

To hell with future generations Vic.  That referral can be used at any time that the AG decides is a good time to indict.  It doesn't die and it doesn't go away.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.13  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    5 years ago

Fact of what? The "referral" is perfunctory. It is up to "staff" to determine if it is pursuable. "Apparently not."

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.14  CB  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    5 years ago

Trump is not being prosecuted by DOJ. Moreover, Trumps "high crimes and misdemeanors" surpass documents withholding in seriousness. Lastly, Trump's activities are by sheer count blatant and deliberate.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    5 years ago
So it's all good unless he's prosecuted? How come that standard doesn't apply to Trump?

Because, as POTUS, Trump cannot be prosecuted no matter the evidence or the crime. 

Comey isn't prosecuted because anything he did, did not fall within the legal definition required for the law.

Trump isn't prosecuted because he is POTUS and the DOJ, and Barr, will not allow it.

Understand the difference?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.15    5 years ago
Because, as POTUS, Trump cannot be prosecuted no matter the evidence or the crime.

I guess you're just going to ignore the all the decades as a private citizen where he could have been prosecuted but wasn't.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.16    5 years ago
I guess you're just going to ignore the all the decades as a private citizen where he could have been prosecuted but wasn't.

Yes I am, because THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

Funny that people care more about him putting these memos in a safe than what they actually say.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @5.2    5 years ago

I wouldn't trust Comey to feed my fish, so I don't really care what his memos on pretty much anything have to say.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @5.2.1    5 years ago
I don't really care

We know, very few on the right do.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @5.2.1    5 years ago

Fish don't care who put food in the water. Just put food in the water.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
DOJ IG "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media."

That was easy. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3    5 years ago
Comey broke FBI rules

And you're ok with that.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.1    5 years ago

oh come on Tacos!,

Comey already testified to all of this.

There is no "there", there.  Now this chapter is officially over.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.2    5 years ago

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not looking for the guy to be punished. I don't care. He's just a symptom of a larger problem. He's not the problem and I don't have anything personal against the guy.

I do happen to think Comey is a narcissistic, self-promoting piece of shit for a public servant. And I think there are both Democrats and Republicans who agree with that. So this need to "clear" him kinda baffles me.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.4  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.3    5 years ago

Was Hillary "cleared" by 6 or 7 Benghazi investigations?  More?

Were any minds changed?

Waste of tax dollars imho.

Unless Comey wants to run for POTUS, the criminal referral is meaningless...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.3    5 years ago
I do happen to think Comey is a narcissistic, self-promoting piece of shit

Shouldn't that make him a prime candidate as a Republican nominee for President? I mean based on their current choice, that sounds like exactly who they are looking for.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.6  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.4    5 years ago
Waste of tax dollars imho

I can't disagree with that

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.8  CB  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.1    5 years ago

And, . . . you are okay with the presidential 'ask' and repeat followups by President Trump? Do you realize that the FBI Director is not the head of DOJ? That is, Director Comey was third in a chain of command under AG and DAG. Why did Trump 'ich" (bypass) the Chain of Command on multiple occasions by talking directly to Comey, the case supervisor?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.2    5 years ago
There is no "there"

Ah, the words of Peter Strzok!  

Now this chapter is officially over.

You wouldn't be so smug if it was Hoover instead of Comey. Now that Obama politicized the Intel agencies, it will only be a matter of time before some Republican President does the same thing. James Comey is subject to the same law as Michael Flynn, though for now he gets the ivy league handshake.

That's the problem with not being even-handed.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.9    5 years ago

It will take the FBI decades to regain it's credibility post Comey.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3.10    5 years ago

Yup, despite all the efforts of Christopher Wray, BTW where has he been through all of this?

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.12  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3.10    5 years ago

The agency may never gain credibility with the malcontents among us. I still believe in the U.S. presidency and a return of the Rule of Law - despite everything Trump is doing. Indeed, the IG has performed admirably. Shout out!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.12    5 years ago
IG has performed admirably.

Thus far he has. We are still in the first quarter and the Comey team has survived the first of three blitz's.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.14  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.9    5 years ago

Wow, that's a whole lot of BS to unpack, even for you.

Wtf does Hoover have to do with anything?

Obama "weaponized" the Intel agencies?

it will only be a matter of time before some Republican President does the same thing.

Seems to be Trump that is doing that. Wait.  Is Trump really a Republican?

James Comey is subject to the same law as Michael Flynn, though for now he gets the ivy league handshake.

More apples to oranges comparisons.  Comey violated standing traditions/ FBI policies in the course of his duties at the FBI.

Flynn lied repeatedly to the FBI and the Pentagon during the course of many investigations.  He was a good soldier who got greedy.

On April 27, 2017, the Pentagon inspector general announced an investigation into whether Flynn had accepted money from foreign governments without the required approval. [16] The New York Times reported on May 18, 2018, that a longtime FBI/CIA informant had met Flynn at an intelligence seminar in Britain six months earlier and became alarmed by Flynn's closeness to a Russian woman there; this concern prompted another individual to alert American authorities that Flynn may have been compromised by Russian intelligence. [17] Flynn initially refused to hand over subpoenaed documents to the Senate Intelligence Committee , pleading the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination, but a compromise with the committee was worked out. [18] [19] On December 1, 2017, Flynn appeared in federal court to formalize a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller to plead guilty to a felony count of "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI. [20] He confirmed his intention to cooperate with the Special Counsel's investigation .Wiki

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.14    5 years ago
even for you.

[Deleted]

Wtf does Hoover have to do with anything?

Don't know?  Hoover is the man who built the FBI and lead it with absolute power. He is the one the left hates because he felt (as I do) that the left is the greatest threat to this country. I was hoping somebody would see the correlation to Comey.

Obama "weaponized" the Intel agencies?

Absolutely. The IRS, for starters, which got away with singling out Conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny. They got away with it via an apology. The Justice Department first run by Eric Holder, a black supremacist and then out of necessity the easily corrupted Lorreta Lynch was a national disgrace for 8 years and we are just learning about the pro-Clinton/anti trump part of that just within the past year or so . The FBI got Comey, National Intelligence got James Clapper and the CIA got the immortal Obama hack John Brennan. All of them tried to take down a President.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, created under Obama deserves an article of it's own.

So, ya, if your'e an open minded human being, you tend to recognize the obvious.

Seems to be Trump that is doing that.

I suppose it would seem that way to you. Nobody should question what they did. I got it.

Wait.  Is Trump really a Republican?

Well, Iv'e said it many times - he is not. A former democrat who ran in the RNC primary is best described as a populist.

More apples to oranges comparisons.  Comey violated standing traditions/ FBI policies in the course of his duties at the FBI.

No, I'm afraid not. He lied to the President when he told him that he wasn't being investigated, he lied to congress when he told them that the FBI and the Justice Department were not coordinating on the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server. He also placed a spy within the White House to spy on the President - but who cares about that. 

Flynn lied repeatedly to the FBI during the course of an investigation. 

The FBI (Strzok included) first told us that Flynn was not lying. It was only when the FBI went after Flynn's son did he agree to a plea deal which left his son uncharged. Supposedly Flynn lied about his legitimate conversations with the Russian ambassador he had in December 2016. It's called railroading, something totally beneath an American law enforcement agency.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.16  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.15    5 years ago

Actually, on Comey's first visit with Trump there was a prior discussion by FBI higher-ups and Comey on how to approach Donald (as a group or solo agents) and not to appear or miscommunicate in a what the IG called "Hoover-esque" fashion about the alleged salacious detailed activities of Trump while on a Moscow visit some years before. It was decided Comey, against better judgement, should meet alone with this unpredictable and trying figure of a person: Donald J. Trump.

So yes, Hoover is mentioned and comes up in context of this IG report!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.17  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.16    5 years ago

The idea was for Comey to show it to the President and 1) get his reaction and 2) as Hoover would do, show here's what we got and 3) then be able to leak the fact that it was "intelligence" shown to 2 President's. (They also showed it to then President Obama who supposedly said "why are you showing me this?")

Here's the thing though - anyone serving in the FBI would have realized, by the time of getting to page 2 of the Steele Dossier, that this was a pile of poop!

It just goes to demonstrate that Comey hated Donald Trump and was scheming to take him down from day number 1.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.3.18  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @5.3.16    5 years ago

Comey, McCabe, and Strozk all belong in prison.   Furthermore we need to reduce the FBI by 80-90%, and get rid of the DEA and ATF

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.19  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.15    5 years ago
Hoover is the man who built the FBI and lead it with absolute power.

Hoover is a stain on American history.  He ran the FBI like it was the KGB and that he personally was above the law or the Constitution.  He was intolerant of gays and even poorly dressed FBI agents. He was so "smart" he denied the existence of the Mafia while he infiltrated the US Communist party to the extent that practically the only dues paying members were Hoover's own informants.

Under Hoover and "Cointelpro", FBI agents committed burglaries, illegal wiretaps, forged documents, blackmailed people citizens and politicians alike while spreading fake news with impunity, especially when he made it a personal vendetta to ruin Martin Luther King's life .

He is the one the left hates because he felt (as I do) that the left is the greatest threat to this country.

Nice, a sweeping generalization of hatred.  Left and right ARE the fabric of this nation's success. Period.  Full stop.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, created under Obama deserves an article of it's own.

A, like the IRS, the CFPB is not an Intel agency.  B, go for it, write an article.

It will either be another echo chamber or you will lock it when the discussion does not go your way.

The rest is just hyper partisan opinions.

Glad we agree about Trump.

Flynn was dirty & greedy.  He failed to disclose being a foreign agent, denied it, took the money and ran with it.

It's called railroading, something totally beneath an American law enforcement agency.

Yet Hoover was a great guy?  Flynn got a terrific amount of deference to his rank and military record. 

He ruined his own reputation several times over with the choices that he and he alone made.

But have a great holiday weekend...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.19    5 years ago

We don't really need your characterizations of Hoover, the left, the right or me. 

[Deleted]

But have a great holiday weekend...

Will do...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.3.21  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.20    5 years ago

Who's "We" ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.22  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.18    5 years ago
Comey, McCabe, and Strozk all belong in prison.

Maybe you should work on actually charging them with a crime first. You know, like trumps obstruction of justice 10 times over. 

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.23  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.17    5 years ago

You may have heard the one about extraordinary claims require spectacular evidence, or words to that effect.

Okay - I need to see your evidence for the alleged action by then Director Comey. Please proceed, VE. . . .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.23    5 years ago

I don't know what you are expecting, but I am going by Horowitz conclusions. So far, in this episode, Comey has violated FBI policy. He has done that before. I know there is more to come.

Back to you - Are you saying this is a victory for Comey because he wasn't indicted?

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.25  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.18    5 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does. —Forest Gump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.26  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.25    5 years ago

"Not all who wander are lost".......

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.27  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.24    5 years ago
I know there is more to come.

How do you know anything we don't. Spill it.

And back to you: This is not a victory for anyone—including Donald Trump who compromised the FBI Director, then unceremoniously fired him.

But, you have only 'laurels and flowers' for Donald. And spikes and hot tar for Comey. Why is this? Don't answer that!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.28  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.20    5 years ago
(deleted)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.27    5 years ago
How do you know anything we don't.

You should know what I know. You still have 3 investigations going on and the DOJ is considering charging Andrew McCabe.

And back to you: This is not a victory for anyone—including Donald Trump who compromised the FBI Director, then unceremoniously fired him.

It's a victory for the American people. Or don't you care about the FBI following the rules. Isn't that why Daniel Ellsberg walked?

But, you have only 'laurels and flowers' for Donald. And spikes and hot tar for Comey. Why is this? Don't answer that!

Your right I do. Trump was falsely accused. Comey put his administration under a cloud for 2 years and the country was torn apart via an investigation that never should have happened. Lives were ruined. It's time for a reconing.
Right back to you - but, you have nothing but hate for the President and no interest in justice.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.30  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.28    5 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.31  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.29    5 years ago

That did it! You do not know what I have for Donald Trump, because you don't know squat about me, Vic Eldred. This is the IG Report du jour. Focus on it and let the future care for itself in due time. 

President Donald Trump acted corruptly. Here's how:

1. Who heads the Justice Department: (HINT: The AG/DAG.)
  2. Why was President Donald Trump communicating in-person and directly by phone with the FBI Director Jim Comey, a subordinate?
  3. The FBI Director after repeated interactions with the President pointedly asked the president to communicate through proper channels with his requests (about on-going investigative matters under Comey) according to department norms (See IG Report). President Trump disregarded Comey's request yet again (see IG Report) after that o to ask about 'that Russia thing."
  4. Comey was unceremoniously fired by the President no less while on the West Coast (L.A.) and barred from entering FBI headquarters to retrieve his property without security.
  5.  Then, the president immediately meets with Russian officials in the Oval Office, and Russia Media reports that President Trump uttered words to the effect, "I got rid of my Russian problem.' Thereabouts. (You can look up the actual quote. It is common knowledge now.)

That is CORRUPTION, isn it? Comey was ill-served by your, our president.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.32  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.9    5 years ago
Ah, the words of Peter Strzok!  

Still bleating that non-sense? Wow, you found two people in the FBI that don't like trump and then claim that because of those two, the entire FBI, all 35,000 people, are corrupt. News flash, that doesn't mean they are all corrupt and another news flash? 60% of this country doesn't like trump. Deal with it. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.3.33  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.30    5 years ago

[If you feel that a comment is a violation, flag it, or don't complain when it stands.]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.32    5 years ago
Wow, you found two people in the FBI that don't like trump and then claim that because of those two, the entire FBI, all 35,000 people, are corrupt.

Actually, that's been the left's spin. Had Comey handed the two investigations (Clinton & the counter-intell investigations) over to field offices he most likely wouldn't have been fired, Clinton would have been indicted, the DNC would have had Bernie Sanders as their candidate and the nation would have been spared a 2 year special counsel investigation. It would have been a lot different if he simply turned it over to the hard working men & women of the FBI, but he didn't. Now everything is coming out and the left dosen't like it. Stay tuned, it's gonna get worse!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.35  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.3.31    5 years ago
President Donald Trump acted corruptly. Here's how:

James Comey acted corruptly. Here's how:

1) leaking - A violation of FBI policy, in some cases a crime.
2) improperly kept memos he wrote detailing private conversations with President Trump, even after he was fired - Another violation
3) ignoring bureau policy in his public exoneration of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for using a private email server - Another violation
4) His Deputy Director, Andrew McCabe, now fired, had lied to investigators probing media leaks. - A crime
5) the discovery of reams of anti-Trump texts between Peter Strzok, a top investigator on both the Clinton and Trump probes - Violations
6) granting immunity to someone who deliberately destroyed evidence - A dereliction of duty & unfairly influencing an outcome
7) granting immunity to individuals and getting nothing in return - A dereliction of duty & unfairly influencing an outcome
8) embedding an FBI spy in the White House - trying to undermine an administration
9) managing two investigations directly, instead of handing them off to field offices - very suspect & partisan

This is corruption, isn't it?  Comey was trying to remove a President.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.36  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.35    5 years ago

Let us not forget what comes next:

10) submitting bogus evidence to gain a FISA Warrant - A crime and a civil rights violation!

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.37  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.35    5 years ago

So this is the state of play? Well, we'll just have to see how it turns out! I could sat here poking holes in your narrative, but I won't make any money at it and it damn sure won't be fun. So run with it Vic. I am on the move, later.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.38  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.36    5 years ago

Yes. More conservative feigned outrage.  Another line-item under the heading - DAZZLE THEM WITH BULLFHIT.

Note: This is what some people do with their learned degrees and ambition (run amok) and it is sad to behold and experience. We are a sad and foolish nation right now.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
does that feel like he was "cleared" of something?

He was cleared of a crime, not of not breaking an FBI rule.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.4    5 years ago

He wasn't cleared of a crime. He simply wasn't charged. Unless, you want to also say Trump was exonerated.

He also wasn't cleared of being a douchebag, so clearly he still has a lot to answer for.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.4.1    5 years ago

The same report also criticized the POTUS for spreading and repeating the same lie for almost 2 year, that Comey leaked classified info over and over.

Two wrongs are just that, two wrongs.

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @5.4.1    5 years ago

That's semantics Trump's cases, plural, are wholly separate and apart from this. Try to process this and keep it that way!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.2    5 years ago
that Comey leaked classified info over and over.

The only reason that the 4 memo's which Comey took home weren't classified lies with the individuals who did the classifying. Those individuals were two layers who were assigned to Comey and Strzok & Page. Isn't that interesting? They didn't have random individuals who weren't connected to Comey assigned with that task, but instead it was the 4 who were directly involved.  And how did this little group do the classifications?  They classified the 4 memos Comey took home home as unclassified and the 3 he left with the bureau as classified confidential.

That's the only reason Comey got off. 

As usual Trump was right - ANYTHING BELONGING TO THE FBI IS CLASSIFIED!  Despite the treachery going on at the FBI!

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.5  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.4    5 years ago

Words of wisdom: [Deleted]

Paranoia, need destroyer. Paranoia, they destroy ya' — The Kinks.

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.6  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.4    5 years ago

Comey had Original Classification Authority (OCA) vested in his position and he used it. Classification is not what got Comey in trouble with the IG; he did not follow FBI policy on removal of documents considered to be work related from the department. That was/is the issue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.6    5 years ago
Comey had Original Classification Authority (OCA) vested in his position and he used it.

LMAO....Sort of a God Almighty of the FBI. You are wrong. Those memo's were classified according to the 4 men I mentioned. The classification was done after Comey took 4 of them home.

Classification is not what got Comey in trouble with the IG; he did not follow FBI policy on removal of documents considered to be work related from the department. That was/is the issue.

Wrong. Comey was and continues to be investigated on a wide range of issues. Next up is his signature on FISA Warrants.

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.8  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.7    5 years ago

The classification was done after the FBI became aware of the memos. Which was after the story 'broke.'

FISA? Which has what to do with this narrative?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.8    5 years ago
The classification was done after the FBI became aware of the memos. Which was after the story 'broke.'

Correct, As I said and before, there were 7 all together - 3 Comey left with the FBI, which his associates classified as confidential and the 4 at his home, which they left unclassified. 

FISA? Which has what to do with this narrative?

What is the title of the article?

Comey is in no way out of the woods!!!

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.10  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.9    5 years ago

Vic, which three of the seven memos were classified, "Confidential"?

The title of this article?

The words, "FISA warrant" or "signature" do not appear in context to FISA warrants. Sorry.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.10    5 years ago

Well let me go through it with you:

"The IG concluded irrefutably that Comey’s “Memo 2,” recounting a Jan. 27, 2017, conversation with the president about the Russia investigation and dealings with world leaders, contained classified information. “Memos 2 and 7 contained small amounts of information classified at the ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ level,” the IG reported. Confidential is the lowest classification for secrets “that could be expected to cause damage to the national security,” according to the ODNI manual. When Comey’s Memo 2 was finally declassified in 2018, it was shown to contain 11 classified passages or words related to foreign leader conversations that the President referenced during his meeting with Comey. The FBI identified six classified words and the National Security Council identified five more, according to the IG.

The IG also concluded that Comey wrongly removed documents from the FBI and failed to put classification markings on them. That’s a violation of FBI and intelligence community rules, the report said. 

But from the time Comey wrote it until it was declassified, the entirety of the memo was deemed to be classified under the intelligence community’s rules, even if it did not have the proper markings." 

How does that sound?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.10    5 years ago
The words, "FISA warrant" or "signature" do not appear in context to FISA warrants. Sorry.

So there is no more investigating of Comey?  He came out great and the title says it all? I thought you wanted to have a conversation.  

Have a good weekend.

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.13  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.11    5 years ago

How does that sound?

Well VE, not that I want you to reveal your "sources and methods," but it is common to provide reference material/information when quoting another person, group, or organization.

So, do you want to retract the quoted materials or properly qualify it now?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.13    5 years ago

That's why you got the quotes. The info can be found here:

But you don't want facts. You want to claim Comey a victor!  He did nothing wrong. You love the title another member typed in!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.13    5 years ago
So, do you want to

Well CB, not that I want to reveal your cards, but it looks like your'e holding nothing

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.16  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.12    5 years ago

And I thought you knew how to carry on a honest (no holds barred) conversation. Something is really wrong here. But, let's do not digress.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.17  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.15    5 years ago
The new James Comey report proves whatever you want it to prove.

Lots of opinions out there.

All you have to do is look for them.

As far as the DOJ and James Comey?

The DOJ doesn't have any defense attorneys, they are all prosecutors,

and they decided they do not have a case, no matter what any particular group of non DOJ citizens disagree with or has hurt feelings over.

Knock yourself out, this issue is dead, and Comey has about as much chance of getting charged with anything,

as Madeline Westerhout has at getting her WH job as personal assistant to the POTUS reinstated...

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.18  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.14    5 years ago

Now that is not nice. You forget (or did not know) to cite your reference and then you throw it in my face with an insult added for injury? Not cool. Not correct. Not going to get away with it.

The IG report points out Comey did plenty wrong. See earlier discussions by me above. Still, The DOJ declined to prosecute when given the matter for review by the Office of the Inspector General.

Those are loosely the facts.

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.19  CB  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.17    5 years ago

Emphatically.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.20  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.17    5 years ago

Like James Comey, Hope Hicks and countless others,

Madeline and her new future publisher have to make the decision

on whether the most gold lies in being a Trump loyalist

or a Trump whistle blower.

IMHO, a bad move for Trump to cut her loose...non disclosure agreements be damned.

Public opinion is more powerful than a questionable NDA.

this is real politics after all... not New Jersey real estate.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.16    5 years ago
And I thought you knew how to carry on a honest (no holds barred) conversation.

At least I don't wait until people are gone for the night to post a lot of meaningless diatribe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.17    5 years ago

You are really working hard at making my argument for me. As far as msm goes, they barely covered any of this and like you they feel this is the end of the story, a story they finally had to confront. I'm not sure why Horowitz separated Comey from the rest of his investigation the way he did, but I'm sure we will find out as things progress. The Duram investigation is still the important one. Then there is the little matter of the DOJ deciding whether to charge Andrew McCabe. McCabe's lawyers are there now. I don't suppose any of that will be mentioned at msm, the Times, the Post, MSNBC or CNN. Nope, not until they are confronted with another real news story.

So, have it your way. The investigations are over, Comey is victorious did nothing wrong and was a great example for the FBI. We won't hear anymore about FISA Warrants, the Steele Dossier, Halper, Misfud, Stzok, Page or Andrew McCabe. We can all go back to the trash Trump seeds.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.4.18    5 years ago
Now that is not nice.

Aw, Sniff, Sniff

The IG report points out Comey did plenty wrong. See earlier discussions by me above. Still, The DOJ declined to prosecute when given the matter for review by the Office of the Inspector General.

I'm glad to hear it.  

Those are loosely the facts.

I think we can call it a wrap & file it. As a matter of fact, I'm keeping this article for future reference. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.20    5 years ago
Madeline and her new future publisher have to make the decision

"While Madeleine Westerhout has a fully enforceable confidentiality agreement, she is a very good person and I don’t think there would ever be reason to use it. She called me yesterday to apologize, had a bad night. I fully understood and forgave her! I love Tiffany, doing great!".....Donald Trump

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.25  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.21    5 years ago

Funny Ha - HA! I am reading this on a timestamp of:

5.4.21   Vic Eldred   replied to  CB @ 5.4.16     16 hours ago
Vic! You've changed!!
Don't blame me for not having your calendar, VE! And, I ain't lending out mine to you! Moeover, it's dark outside again!

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.26  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.23    5 years ago

You need 'reference' material to remind you to cite your references. Okay. Good show, old boy!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    5 years ago

Not sure why the rightists are going after Comey, he all but handed trump the win in 2016. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6    5 years ago

Not sure why leftists continue to blame Comey for Clinton's failure.

Remember that he cleared Hillary---she supposedly did stuff, but he concluded no prosecution was warranted.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.1.1  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago
Remember that he cleared Hillary---she supposedly did stuff, but he concluded no prosecution was warranted.

His giving people the impression that new emails were found which needed to be investigated definitely cost her some votes.

But then, Russia helped a lot too.

And then, she was a crappy candidate. That helped as well.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago

Political Bias ? jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Funny, how "Bad Judgement" in our normal "Reality World" will get one put in Jail, but in "Political Land", it was just "Bad Judgement", nothing more, nothing less ! Here's your cookie, now just move along. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @6.1.1    5 years ago

There were a lot of reasons she lost. Not the least that she got lazy and complacent and didn't feel the need to campaign in swing states.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago

He also announced to the country she was under investigation by the FBI.....twice. Explain to me how the hell that helped her? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @6.1.1    5 years ago
His giving people the impression that new emails were found which needed to be investigated definitely cost her some votes.

………..which was negated by Comey refusing to press any charges.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.5    5 years ago
He also announced to the country she was under investigation by the FBI.....twice. Explain to me how the hell that helped her?

Sure thing---just as soon as you can prove it actually hurt her, and that Comey refusing to press charges hurt her.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.7    5 years ago
Sure thing---just as soon as you can prove it actually hurt her

Wait, you think that saying she was under investigation HELPED her? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bccrane
Freshman Silent
6.1.9  bccrane  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.5    5 years ago

It would've helped her immensely once she became president. 

Comey cleared her of her email server problem and then again when some of the emails showed up on a computer owned by a sexual predator, the timing of the announcement of the investigation and the clearing had to happen before she won.  Those emails were found late August to early September, but Comey waited until late October to inflict as little voter backlash as possible.  If Comey did nothing and Hillary won, then it was found out Comey knew of the emails on a sexual predator's computer before the election and did nothing about it, what do you think a republican controlled house and senate would do with that information?  Hillary would be facing impeachment and Comey would be forced to resign and maybe face charges himself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.8    5 years ago

Wait--you think Comey basically clearing her by refusing to press any charges HURT her?

LMFAO!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    5 years ago
………..which was negated by Comey refusing to press any charges.

After the DOJ decided not to press charges, Comey announced that they had found MORE email from Hillary.  Which  negated the previous announcement of no charges.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @6.1.11    5 years ago
After the DOJ decided not to press charges

Link please?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @6.1.11    5 years ago

I see you conveniently forgot about Comey clearing Clinton before the election.

It is simply unbelievable to me that the VAST majority of folks hadn't already made up their minds about Clinton or Trump way before the election.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    5 years ago
I see you conveniently forgot about Comey clearing Clinton before the election.

Gee I wonder if that might be because they FOUND nothing to PROSECUTE? Just a guess!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6    5 years ago
he all but handed trump the win in 2016. 

Yup, he sure changed my mind!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2    5 years ago

It is freaking hilarious that some still wish to believe that the vast majority of Americans hadn't already made up their minds who to vote for a week before the election.

Isn't that cute?

After well over a year of campaigning.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    5 years ago

Imagine somebody who couldn't decide between Trump & Clinton, then to be confronted with both the "Comey statement" and the "Access Hollywood Tapes" emerging just before the election!

What to do?, What to do?  To vote for the gruff Nationalist/Populist who wanted to un-transform America of the woman who defeated every investigation of her crafty life?  In the end Hillary Clinton was unable to win in the Court of public opinion. Donald Trump spoke to the average American and as they say, "the rest is history!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I have to repost this here because it was censored from the other seed on this topic.

The conduct of Donald Trump casts a doubt over his entire administration 365 days a year.  It is a chuckle to watch conservatives get all outraged about Comey publicizing the notes he took when the president asked him to do something unethical, but they are utterly silent at the words and actions of their totally unethical president*. We have never seen anything like it before in America. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Even CNN, of all places, is characterizing the report as damning.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    5 years ago

Characterize it any way you want.  Trumpism has created a constant state of fantasy in this country anyway. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    5 years ago
is characterizing the report as damning

Damn: verb - condemn something to suffer eternal punishment in hell

Who knows where he'll spend his afterlife, but the fact remains he's not going to suffer any legal punishment in this life for being loyal to the American public instead of to the narcissistic moron in the oval office.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    5 years ago

The report is damning. Comey did not follow FBI policy/rules, or his signed official 'assent to obey' documents, and nor did he trust DOJ "management" to act sufficiently and accordingly under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump.

On the other hand, President Donald Trump solicited the acts and the adjoining paranoia on the part of Comey. President Trump had no business attempting on multiple occasions to compromise the FBI Director. Even after being warned about the inappropriateness, Trump continued to call and hold one-on-one discussion with this subordinate.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @9.3    5 years ago
President Donald Trump solicited the acts and the adjoining paranoia on the part of Comey.

You mean the Director who was investigating the President while lying about it and leaking info to his allies in the media? Isn't this the same Comey that gave about 5 people immunity in the Clinton investigation and then took it upon himself to exonerate her (a decision reserved for the DOJ)? Comey was a great manipulator, wasn't he?  He alone got a special counsel investigation going, over nothing, and put the entire nation through a 2 year ordeal.

It was Rod Rosenstein who wrote Comey's epitaph into the history books:

"Now, the former director is a partisan pundit, selling books and earning speaking fees while speculating about the strength of my character and the fate of my immortal soul," Rosenstein said. "That is disappointing. Speculating about souls is not a job for police and prosecutors. Generally, we base our opinions on eyewitness testimony."

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.1    5 years ago

Trump is the Cause - Comey the effect.

You have your time stamps conveniently out of step with reality. And again you ignore the "head" President Donald Trump's activity in order to deflect to the 'tail,' FBI Director Comey.

That is disingenious. It is fraudulent. It is partisan. It is nonsense.

And as far as this notion that Comey can not properly do his job unless it is pleasing to conservatives stream of consciousness, frankly that's baloney.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @9.3.2    5 years ago
Trump is the Cause - Comey the effect.

No, Comey was at it before Trump became President. You seem to forget that Comey presided over the Clinton and the counter-intelligence investigation. He didn't simply let field offices handle them. He ran them and they speak volumes.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.3    5 years ago

I have no idea what you and other conservatives are doing probing people and slanting the 'boards' left and right/right and left in order to make matters even out for Donald Trump, a man who appears to care very much about having conservatives defend what can best be described as the indefensible. (Albeit, FOX NEWS is about 'full' of Trump's antics.)

I listen to the counter narratives on my car radio from conservative talk radio, including on-air Jay Sekulow of American Center for Law and Justice and serving as Trump's lawyer and it is all a bit much. Jay and Jordan (Jay's son) senses of urgency on air are a thing unto itself. But, I digress. Moreover, I am aware that conservatives praise Trump for being a "brawler" taking on liberals. However, one could and should expect the battles to be about the one universal truth and not some "infinite" rage against the machine for rage sake. Or, destroying truth with the establishment of alternative states of consciousness and outrageous lies.

So long story short: I can not trust the conservative narrative. I hear it with my own ears and I beg to differ. Donald Trump and whatever conservatism holds to gain from him as president is not worth all the pain it is going to cause this nation and surrounding world, when truth catches up to us, and future generations.

In that sense, conservatives are playing at their own risk. You can not hold back progress. That is, the steady, but slow steps of truth, are going to flatten all pretenses of truth sooner or later.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @9.3.4    5 years ago
You can not hold back progress.

Neither can you.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.6  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.5    5 years ago

I agree with that! Let TRUTH reign!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  Vic Eldred    5 years ago