╌>

Trump Now Telling Cronies to Aggressively Seize Private Land and Break Environmental Laws to Build His Wall, and He’ll Pardon Them

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  30 comments

Trump Now Telling Cronies to Aggressively Seize Private Land and Break Environmental Laws to Build His Wall, and He’ll Pardon Them
But perhaps most importantly, Trump has no respect for the rule of law, and believes he should be above it. He is, after all, “the chosen one,” according to… himself.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

T he list of things for which Donald Trump has no respect is very long, and includes women, minorities, the US Constitution, US intelligence agencies, science, the office of the presidency, and on and on.

But perhaps most importantly, Trump has no respect for the rule of law, and believes he should be above it. He is, after all, “the chosen one,” according to… himself.

Today he’s demonstrating that contempt for the law once again, by telling his cronies to seize private land and disregard laws and environmental regulations to get his crackpot fantasy wall built as fast as possible (so he can boast about it in his 2020 presidential campaign), and promising to  pardon anyone who gets in trouble for it .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago
he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

Trump knows that if the wall isn't finished and the economy tanks, his re-election chances are just about zero. The majority of farmers in the midwest will not be voting for trump again. Even a fox news poll essentially said that trump is circling the drain. I'll never say never, but I think trumps chances of winning in 2020 are slim at best and I am thinking the gop will likely lose the senate as well. 

When you bundle all of this crap, it's not looking good for the GOP in 2020. 

But I admit that it will be fun watching trump and fox news come up with even more conspiracy theories to explain their loss. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    5 years ago

I think Fox 'news' is seeing it too which is why they're backing off on a lot of the favorable coverage of the 'president'

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago

Trump is the most lawless president this country has ever seen. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    5 years ago

Interesting prototype. 

The President now wants the top removed from all of the replacement wall and he wants sharp spikes and pointy tops instead

and wants it all painted black so that it's "too hot" to climb.

The retrofits and painting will add unknown millions to the cost of each mile of "new wall" while diminishing the amount of existing fencing that can be replaced.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @3    5 years ago

I bet if he asked for volunteers to paint the fence the MAGA crowd would be all over it

Another thought just popped in my head:

What if somebody goes by the local Lowe's or Home Depot and picks up some day workers to paint that fence?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    5 years ago

I love this video.  If you could actually watch it all, it gives you pause as to the scale of the project and the futility of it.

Whole American cities right up against the fence on the northern side of the wall, nothing on the south side,

but huge gaps where there are low mountains covered in dirt roads and hiking paths.  Paths straight into the US.

and where we have walls/fences along CA, NM or AZ they are in the middle of nowhere...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    5 years ago

It's a cool website. I like the interaction

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    5 years ago

I've got it as a "favorite" to view as wanted.

Only saw 8 BP vehicles on the whole route - BUT - also saw five/six folks scurrying 'cross the road into the bushes on the U.S. side.  Wonder if BP also saw that?

Looking at the video, one can see that there are lots of locations that a fence isn't needed and the administration at CBP recognizes that, so they're not priority items.  However, there are also areas that desperately need an updated fence, especially after you leave the Yuma area heading West.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.3    5 years ago

yep

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    5 years ago

That his base still enables him, if not even cheers for him, is very telling.

I guess the new standard is, say anything you want and as long as someone in the administration says it was a joke, all will be fine.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

It was also reported that Trump told officials he wants to paint the wall black and cut sharp points at the top of the fence, which de Santiago said is another way to instill fear in the community. 

On Wednesday, White House officials released a statement saying the president was only "joking."

Some folks really are "Thick" ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
Some folks really are "Thick"

How true. Namely, the idiots who believe the spin that he was "only joking." He's proven he has no regard for the law and tried very hard to get people to do illegal things in the past.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @5.1    5 years ago
Namely, the idiots who believe the spin that he was "only joking."

How do you describe those that don't think he was joking ?

"Reverent" ?

Maybe …."THE WALKING DEAD" fits better for those that "Don't" believe ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
'Some folks really are "Thick" !'

So True !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    5 years ago
So True !

Concur !

I love fish too ! jrSmiley_101_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago

That is how Trump back peddles.  He finds out after he opens his big uneducated mouth and claims that he was only joking.  The only "thick" folks are his base.  The rest of us aren't buying his BS.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3    5 years ago
That is how Trump back peddles.  He finds out after he opens his big uneducated mouth and claims that he was only joking.

Really ?

Or are You really speaking of the "Liberal" types that get sucked up into "Media Stories", drool on it for weeks, as Trump goes about doing the countries business, as it's NOT Reported on what he's actually doing, because the "Medias Story" sounds better ?

I'd say.…. the Drooling ones are the "Thick" ones. I guess kids need more bedtime stories than I thought. Who Knew !

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6  1stwarrior    5 years ago

This is so funny.  It's amazing how some will hear a RUMOR and declare it law to download/belittle something/someone - such as this thread.

Little Green Footballs, eh?  Hell, that "source" was even banned on NV.  Should be called "The Onion".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @6    5 years ago

Little Green Footballs is not banned on NT. Dont live in the past.

• Overall, we rate Little Green Footballs Left Biased based on story selection and editorial points that frequently favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information, a clean fact check record and use as resource by IFCN fact checkers.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago

This comes from a person, who a couple years ago, RAILED against Little Green Footballs, Gateway Pundit, InfoWars and Brietart(sp).  You starting to go back to them John?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.1    5 years ago

I doubt if I railed against Little Green Footballs, although I dont often read it. There are other better sites to read. 

The other three you mention are garbage. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  1stwarrior @6    5 years ago
Little Green Footballs, eh?  Hell, that "source" was even banned on NV. 

Bullshit.

The original source of that story is The Washington Post-- if you'd bothered to actually read the seed on LGF you'd see that:

Here's the original source that was seeded on LGF:

Democrats alarmed by Trump’s promise of pardons to build border wall

The president has repeatedly sent signals of his willingness to help those close to him escape punishment for potential illegality.

(LINK)

If you want to attack The Washington Post as a news source...well that's fine with me. You are entitled to your opinion! (But I'm not going to waste my time here arguing about the reliability of The Washington Post as that discusssion will really go nowhere).

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Krishna @6.2    5 years ago

Doesn't look like the WaPo to me - or probably anyone else.  Your link is tied to your thread - you posted the Little Green Footballs link, not the WaPo.

Your bad.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.1    5 years ago
Doesn't look like the WaPo to me - or probably anyone else.  Your link is tied to your thread - you posted the Little Green Footballs link, not the WaPo. Your bad.

One quick question: Where can I get some of that stuff that you're smokin'???

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.1    5 years ago

It clearly says

%24

under the msn banner

but what do I know, everyone here thinks I'm wrong all the time, lol

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.3    5 years ago
everyone here thinks I'm wrong all the time,

I don't. But, then, I'm not 'everyone'. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.4    5 years ago

Same here :)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.3    5 years ago

This gem was also linked within the link

Trump has recently urged the Army Corps to award a contract to a company he favors, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, though the firm has not been selected. Fisher has been aggressively pushed by Trump ally Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), who briefly held up the confirmation of a Trump budget office nominee last month in an attempt to put pressure on the Army Corps.

Cramer demanded to see the contracts awarded to Fisher’s competitors, lashing out at the “arrogance” of the Army Corps in emails to military officials after he was told the bidding process involved proprietary information that could not be shared. The CEO of Fisher Industries is a major backer of Cramer and has donated to his campaigns.

In other words, Trump is pressuring a government agency to give a contract for his wall to a company whose chief executive is a donor to one of his top GOP allies in Congress.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  1stwarrior @6    5 years ago
Hell, that "source" was even banned on NV. 

Well-- that is actually an argument in favour of LGF IMNSHO!

(Grin :-)

But that's irrelevant-- the source of the story is The Washington Post-- if you don't know the difference between a seeded article and an original article I'm not going to bother top attempt to explain it to you1