╌>

Man Who Shared Topless Photos of Himself Holding Shotgun, Saying 'Heil, Heil, F*** Allah' Says He Did Not Intend to Incite Racial Hatred

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  21 comments

Man Who Shared Topless Photos of Himself Holding Shotgun, Saying 'Heil, Heil, F*** Allah' Says He Did Not Intend to Incite Racial Hatred
It was drunken stupidity. When I am sober I am a completely different person."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A man who shared anti-Muslim messages and images of himself with a shotgun on social media has been found guilty of intent to stir up racial and religious hatred.

Jay Davison, 38, of Cardiff, Wales, was convicted on Wednesday after posting multiple photos and several violent comments to his 394 Instagram followers on August 6 last year. His updates contained phrases linked to Nazism, white supremacy and the Muslim religion.

Under two topless photos, the man's comments included: "Ever seen a white man cut a head off? No because they're f****** scum. Heil, heil, heil, heil, f*** Allah c***"; and "When has an Aryan cut another man's head off?" according to local media outlet   Wales Online .

Screenshots of Davison's images were shared to a WhatsApp group the same day as they were uploaded and reported to police by a member of the group, the   Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said . He was arrested August 13 and claimed he had posted the content while drunk.

During his trial this week, the defendant asserted that he does not hold racist views and did not intend to incite racial hatred. "I agree I posted those pictures and horrendous comments but there was no intent there," he told the judge on Tuesday,   Wales Online reported .

After his apprehension by armed police, Davison told investigators that the photos had been taken at a friend's house with an ornamental gun, but he refused to name the friend.

Davison told the court this week that he had been "completely consumed by alcohol" at the time of the posts last year. He said: "It was terrible judgement on my behalf and I should not have posted it. It was drunken stupidity. When I am sober I am a completely different person."

jay-davison-instagram-posts.png?w=737&f=

Jay Davison's posts on Instagram from August 2018, released by the Crown Prosecution Service on August 29.   Crown Prosecution Service

However, prosecutors rejected his argument that alcohol was an excuse, even if he now regretted uploading them.

"These posts were extremely offensive and of that I imagine there will be no argument. There were two pictures and a series of comments but they were racist and contained religious hatred," prosecutor Jennifer Josephs said in the Cardiff Crown Court earlier this week.

"They included the term 'f*** you racist Allah c****,' talks about beheading, and uses words that are used by white supremacists. The Crown's case is at the time he made those various posts he was intending to stir up religious hatred against Muslims and racial hatred against people who are not white." Davison is currently scheduled to be sentenced on September 23.

>

Jenny Hopkins, Head of the Special Crime and Counter Terrorism Division at the CPS said: "The material Jay Davison posted was clearly threatening, abusive and insulting."
"His intention can only have been to stir up religious and racial hatred. His defense that he regretted his actions and was drunk was rejected by the jury. This is a warning to people that posting material online can have damaging consequences for them offline," she added.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I can never understand why people volunteer to look like idiots. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
I can never understand why people volunteer to look like idiots. 

They want attention.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2    5 years ago
They want attention.

Huh ?

and here i thought it was a Hallmark Greeting Card

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Someone put too much chlorine in his gene pool.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Muslim is not a race just as Christian is not a race.  Islam is racially diverse as is Christianity.

These instances of stupidity are being used for institutional indoctrination of the population.  Racism has become a propaganda tool.  

While prosecution of this individual for hate language may be warranted, charges of racism are not warranted.  

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Nerm_L @3    5 years ago
Muslim is not a race just as Christian is not a race.  Islam is racially diverse as is Christianity.

You're right.  A Muslim is anyone who believes in Islam.  The are many more Asian Muslims than Middle Eastern Muslims.  There are lots of African Muslims too.  Islam IS racially diverse.  Many people of every race believe in Islam.

charges of racism are not warranted.

So are you saying ethanol causes "Islamophobia"?

I'm drinking whiskey right now and I'm not threatening Muslims.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.1    5 years ago
So are you saying ethanol causes "Islamophobia"?

Islamophobia isn't racist.  

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.1    5 years ago
Islamophobia isn't racist.  

I did NOT say Islamophobia is racist.

In case you didn't notice I agreed with you that there is no Muslim race.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
4  cjfrommn    5 years ago

well what he really is saying is that " i am exactly the person i want to be when i drink". And so the result of producing this for Instagram is consequences that come with this type of exposure!

too bad so sad! Now lets see how sentencing goes!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jack_TX  replied to  cjfrommn @4    5 years ago
well what he really is saying is that " i am exactly the person i want to be when i drink".

In vino veritas.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    5 years ago
"When has an Aryan cut another man's head off?"

The Nazis used to guillotine people they considered traitors. He should probably do some reading.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    5 years ago
The Nazis used to guillotine people they considered traitors.

Here's a Nazi guillotine in Berlin.

It was used by Aryans to make men "topless".

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  al Jizzerror @5.1    5 years ago

That thing gives me the heebie jeebies

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
Man Who Shared Topless Photos Of Himself Holding Shotgun

Is a fucking idiot to begin with, everything else is simply proof.