╌>

In First, UN Anti-Racism Committee Slams Palestinians Over Antisemitic School Textbooks

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

In First, UN Anti-Racism Committee Slams Palestinians Over Antisemitic School Textbooks

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Algemeiner Staff, AUGUST 30, 2019

Images featured in Palestinian Authority textbooks reviewed by the Institute for Monitoring Peace and Cultural Tolerance in School Education (IMPACT-se). Photo: IMPACT-se.

The UN’s anti-racism committee issued an unprecedented criticism of the Palestinians on Thursday, calling on the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah to rein in antisemitic statements from PA officials as well as antisemitic material contained in Palestinian school textbooks.

In a historic first, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) urged the PA to combat “hate speech and incitement to violence,” pointing out that some textbooks used in Palestinian schools “fuel hatred” and “may incite violence” and “antisemitism.”

The CERD further called on the Palestinians to “remove any derogatory comments and images from school curricula and textbooks that perpetuate prejudices and hatred.”

In addition, the panel found that Palestinians laws and policies failed to implement UN treaties on racism, or to properly investigate complaints for acts of racial discrimination.

The 18 independent experts reviewed the Palestinian record and those of six other countries at a session that ended on Thursday, when they issued   their findings .

UN Watch — one of the NGOs that briefed the committee on the Palestinian record — said in a statement on Friday that it “commends the UN experts for calling on the representatives of [PA] President Mahmoud Abbas to take action against antisemitism in Palestinian textbooks, and for spotlighting the mistreatment of minorities in Palestinian-controlled areas.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

What with admitting the corruption in UNWRA, and now this, is it conceivable that the UN is actually becoming less biased?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1  Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Dear Brother Buzz: When they hot rock bottom, no where else to go but up.

Let's encourage them to make this a permanent trend.

Good for their image.

Improves their credibility.

Best for one and all.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago
is it conceivable that the UN is actually becoming less biased?

I never thought I'd see the day they'd condemn the Palestinians for anything! I had to live 67 years to see it happen!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

On its face, this seems like a small thing, but given the UN's record of ignoring Palestinian hatred and atrocities over the last several years - while simultaneously dog-piling on Israel - this gesture is actually kind of stunning.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  Krishna    5 years ago

If Americans knew..the type of hatred that exists in Palestinian society they'd probably be shocked. Its been known by those well informed individuals in the U.S., but Arab propaganda, fueled by YUGE amounts of money by Big Oil, has kept the truth down for the most part.

However, as mentioned, many of those who are better informed have spoken out about this for some time. To cite but one example, here's what Hillary Clinton to the U.S. Senate said a while back:

Palestinian Textbooks Poison Kids minds

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4    5 years ago

Buzz-- sorry for posting the YouTube video. While I doubt you can find it on a site you can view, if you want to search for it, try that title:

"Palestinian Textbooks Poison Kids minds"

or else just Hillary Clinton and Palestinian Textbooks. Also try PMW ("Palestinian Media Watch").

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

Although I can't open YouTube videos, I appreciate being told what it is, as you have done, when one is posted on a seed or article that I am obligated to moderate.