╌>

10 injured in shooting after high school football game in Alabama

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  48 comments

10 injured in shooting after high school football game in Alabama
At least 10 teenagers were injured when a shooting broke out after a high school football game in Mobile, Alabama, on Friday night, authorities said. Nine of the victims suffered gunshot wounds.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

At least 10 teenagers were injured when a shooting broke out after a high school football game in Mobile, Alabama, on Friday night, authorities said. Nine of the victims suffered gunshot wounds.

Deangelo Parnell, 17, was arrested and charged on nine counts of attempted murder, a police spokesperson told CBS affiliate WKRG.
Gunfire broke out inside the concourse of Ladd-Peebles Stadium at the conclusion of the LeFlore vs. Williamson High School football game. The shooting was partially recorded by security cameras, WKRG reported.

The victims' ages ranged from 15 to 18 years old. Five were transported to local hospitals in critical condition.
"Why are the young people bringing this type of violence to public events?" Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste asked in a news conference Friday. "They're bringing their beefs that they have with each other in their neighborhoods and they're putting other people in harm's way."
Police were still questioning witnesses late Friday and said the shooting investigation was ongoing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Where is the faux rage be the Anti 2nd amendment snowflakes?

Oh wait it doesn't fit the narrative. 

A minor with a gun in a gun free zone and being black to boot, shooting other black folks, children mind you, just doesn't have the same ring to it as a white shooter that they can try to tie to the right.

I wonder what the total deaths in Chicago will be this weekend?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago

SO you are admitting that gun violence in the USA is a problem. Thanks for that. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.2    5 years ago
SO you are admitting that gun violence in the USA is a problem.

So that is what you got out of my comment? Not suprising.

Try reading my comment again.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to    5 years ago
SO....you seem to be admitting that gun violence in the USA is only a problem if the perp is white?

Spot on response.

You notice as I stated this gun violence perpetrated by a black youth is a non issue with the Anti second amendment folks. It's to touchy of a subject for them to address. It's much easier to sit back and call everyone a racist.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.4  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

SO....you seem to be admitting that gun violence in the USA is only a problem if the perp is white?

Where exactly did I say anything about race? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.5  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.3    5 years ago
Spot on response.

Well, since you seem to think it was so clever. Can we then assume that the only reason you ran the article was because the suspect is Black? I mean, no one even died, yet you seem to think this is somehow worse or more heinous than the shootings in Texas, (where people DID die)? 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.6  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.5    5 years ago
Can we then assume

Oh here we go. WTF is it with you people always telling others what they think. Can you for once try and defend your own comments?

I mean, no one even died

Wow what a disgusting comment. I'm sure the victims in the hospital take solace in your insensitive comments. 

I understand your indifference to the people being shot and not killed. You are proving my point and I want to thank you. The left doesn't care about black people being shot as you prove with your own comment.

I mean, no one even died

So all you black people if you get shot it's okay because you know

I mean, no one even died

And hey you people in Maryland, Houston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Trenton that were shot, Suck it up motherfuckers, You don't matter because gosh no one even died FFS.

the only reason you ran the article was because the suspect is Black?

Sorry but I'm not motivated by race like some people appear to be.

So can we assume that you didn't run the article because the suspect is black? From your comments i can only assume your motivation is Race.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.6    5 years ago
Oh here we go. WTF is it with you people always telling others what they think. Can you for once try and defend your own comments?

Hey, I am not the one that praised a comment that was based on race.

Wow what a disgusting comment. I'm sure the victims in the hospital take solace in your insensitive comments. 

Indeed, your concern is overwhelming. I wonder if trump will show up to this tragedy?

I understand your indifference to the people being shot and not killed. You are proving my point and I want to thank you. The left doesn't care about black people being shot as you prove with your own comment.

If you want me or anyone else to believe that this article was posted for any reason other than deflection and playing the race card, good luck. No one is going to buy it. Your past comments prove that. 

So all you black people if you get shot it's okay because you know

I'm not black, not even remotely so. 

And hey you people in Maryland, Houston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Trenton that were shot, Suck it up motherfuckers, You don't matter because gosh no one even died FFS.

Indeed, so why bring up Chicago? Or this shooting if for no other reason than to deflect?

[ deleted ]

Again, you proved my point, we have a problem with gun violence in this country. You were looking for deflection, and all you did was prove that point. 

But i'll give you a break, what's the solution? Do tell. 

Sure, and your messiah trump welcomes guns at all of his rallies because more guns makes us safe..

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.8  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.7    5 years ago
I wonder if trump will show up to this tragedy?

Trump is not the subject, please check your TDS and speak on the article.

If you want me or anyone else to believe

I don't give a fuck what you believe, It doesn't change the fact that if you can't use a shooting for your preferred talking points you ignore it, as you are doing here.

I'm not black, not even remotely so.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything. LMFAO. Has that ever stopped the left from playing the race card. Too fucking funny.

When was the last time you seeded an article about a mass shooting that had nothing to do with race, or Chicago? Never.

You don't know shit about my posting history so don't tell me what I posted.

Sure, and your messiah trump

You don't know shit about me so keep your personal attacks to yourself.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago

But it wasn’t a mass shooting because no one died yet....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    5 years ago

It depends on whether or not some one wants to use the shooting in a statistic.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    5 years ago

Incorrect, it IS a mass shooting as defined by the FBI, (4 victims or more). 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.2    5 years ago

Even though I am actually supporting HA's position here with facts, not one up vote. Whew, and here I thought I was on a partisan bs article. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago
Where is the faux rage be the Anti 2nd amendment snowflakes?

1.  Today is Monday.  This happened last Friday.  Had you seeded it Friday, I would have been happy to show some faux outrage on Friday. 

2.  You seeded this as a one-up?  Pfffttttt.    

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.4.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.4    5 years ago
You seeded this as a one-up?

WTF you talking about?

Never mind.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.4.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.4    5 years ago
Today is Monday.

Wow is it?

This happened last Friday.

What is your point if you have one?

Had you seeded it Friday,

I was enjoying my weekend, But I seen all the faux rage about one shooting and I thought I would see a mention of the other. I mean you have two mass shootings in one day how horrible for the Anti 2nd amendment folks. You think they would have posted this story on a shooting in a gun free zone with little kids as victims.

Alas but then when I looked up the story for myself today I seen it involved a non white shooter and understood why none on the left dragged it out for all the left to get in their faux rage over.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.4  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.4    5 years ago

2.  You seeded this as a one-up?  Pfffttttt.    

Bingo. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.5  bugsy  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago
being black to boot, shooting other black folks,

Because it is such a common event.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    5 years ago

Look at murders by state. 

California is at the top, with Texas being second. But look at the population density, if you adjust to compensate for that, Texas has the highest murder rate in the country by a LONG ways. 

Population density, CA. 244.2, Texas 98.07. If Texas had the same population density, Texas would be far and above the most murderous state in the country. 

Illinois? 5th. So all those shootings in Chicago? Don't even come close to the murder rate in Texas. 

Comment was deleted as off topic by author/ seeder at seeder's request.

Comment was restored because seeder did not flag comment 1.6 as off topic

and this is a continuation.  Also the seeder acknowledged the wider scope in his comment 1.2.6  with this comment.

And hey you people in Maryland, Houston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Trenton that were shot...

{SP}

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago
Look at murders by state.
California is at the top, with Texas being second. But look at the population density, if you adjust to compensate for that, Texas has the highest murder rate in the country by a LONG ways.

You should read your own links much, much better.

Or at LEAST look for a source that actually supports your wondrous claims.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    5 years ago

Um, I did. Maybe the data is confusing to you. Sorry. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.1    5 years ago

Not confused in the least.

I saw right through your bogus claim and figured you hadn't actually read it yourself.

Anyone can easily click on your link and see for themselves.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 years ago
Not confused in the least.

Clearly you are since the data speaks for itself. Anyone can click on the link and see that to be true. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    5 years ago
Or at LEAST look for a source that actually supports your wondrous claims.

Math is hard for some people, that seems to be your sticking point. Not to worry, not everyone is good at math. It's totally ok. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.4    5 years ago
Math is hard for some people

Yes it IS. Which is why I want to check yours. 

heck, I don't even know if you can even ATTEMPT to explain your methodology.

Did you divide California's population density by Texas' and then multiply that number by Texas' murder rate?

Come on, spill how you DID IT!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.3    5 years ago

Funny thing about your link.

I found 5 states with lower population density than Texas that have

higher murder rates ALREADY---without even doing ANY adjustment for density.

I guess that means that this comment:

with Texas being second. But look at the population density, if you adjust to compensate for that, Texas has the highest murder rate in the country by a LONG ways. 

is false.

I also found at least 10 states that would surpass Texas if adjusted for density.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago

How did you adjust to compensate for population density?

Would any state with a lower popular density but a higher murder rate be above Texas in your math?

TTGA
Professor Silent
3.3  TTGA  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago
If Texas had the same population density, Texas would be far and above the most murderous state in the country. 

And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses when they hopped.  Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't count for anything.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  TTGA @3.3    5 years ago

It was a ridiculous, ludicrous claim, completely unsubstantiated by his very own link.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.3.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.1    5 years ago
completely unsubstantiated by his very own link.

well look who it come from.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.4  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

High school sports makes people insane.