╌>

Ocasio-Cortez tweets video of damage caused by Dorian: 'This is what climate change looks like'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  76 comments

Ocasio-Cortez tweets video of damage caused by Dorian: 'This is what climate change looks like'
"This what climate change looks like; it hits vulnerable communities first."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) retweeted a video showing the extent of the damage already caused by Hurricane Dorian as it ravaged the Bahamas over the past few days.

In her post, the freshman lawmaker writes that the video "is what climate change looks like; it hits vulnerable communities first."

"I can already hear climate deniers screeching: "It's always been like this! You're dim," etc," she wrote. "No. This is about science & leadership. We either decarbonize&cut emissions, or we don't & let people die."

The minute-long video showed flyover shots of Abaco in the Bahamas with the pilot pointing out all the things on the island that are "gone" following Dorian's destruction.

And Bernie ain't no better !

Bernie Sanders

@SenSanders

The fossil fuel industry is now the equivalent of the tobacco industry. It creates death and destruction, then spends billions denying its responsibility.

Let us be clear: Hurricane Dorian has everything to do with climate change, which is the existential crisis of our time.
https://
twitter.com/newconsensus/s
tatus/1168954578571812864

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif OWE..... jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif OWE.... jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif OWE.....

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

No you Dumb FUCK !

That is what a "Hurricane" looks like you MORON. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

It specifically picked a vulnerable community to hassle ? jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Really ?

Does AOC think Hurricanes are "LIVING" entities holding a grudge against the poor too ? jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

This Taliban 4 member just raised "Dirt" up one notch from the bottom of the Dumbshit List....which I could NEVER DREAM was possible ! jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

And Bernie.....hahahahaha ….. Good OLD Russian BERNIE, he claims the fossil Fuel Industry created Dorian. 

And these type folks think Trump is the nut ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Dorian must be racist as well. Drowns the Bahamas expending all of it's energy; then hangs sharp turn NE and the brunt of it misses Florida.

AOC had better get the hate crime police to track down Dorian!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago
Dorian must be racist as well.

Must be !

And "Liberal" types vote for Dumber than Dirt folks like this. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

I guess...."Bartending" really does have it's perks ? jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

C'mon IIM - EVERYONE knows the poor, impoverished people are the first groups sought out by herkins, tornadoes, floods. overcast skies, winds, leaves blowing, bullets, knives, cars, trains, planes, bicyclists, jaywalkers, etc.. - I mean, they are the IMMEDIATE target for any and all damaging natural environmental actions.

She musta read it in her Boston Bartender's Guide.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Jack_TX  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    5 years ago

Sorry to rain on everybody's parade, but it is a well established scientific fact that tornadoes are drawn to trailer parks.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    5 years ago
C'mon IIM - EVERYONE knows the poor, impoverished people are the first groups sought out by herkins, tornadoes, floods.

Sorry...….I shoulda been more sensitive ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

cms5
Freshman Quiet
1.2.3  cms5  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.1    5 years ago
Sorry to rain on everybody's parade, but it is a well established scientific fact that tornadoes are drawn to trailer parks.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

That's priceless!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

I just realized who she looks like in that picture - Felix Cavaliere of the Young rascals!

Good-lovin-young-felix.jpeg

cms5
Freshman Quiet
1.4  cms5  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Like, hurricanes have just started because of, like, what we're doing to the planet with cow farts and all. That's pure science. Like, hurricanes that we're responsible for also like pick out the poorest locations to unleash their fury, so like, we need to like de-carbonize and cut emissions of cow farts and stuff.

Meanwhile, these politicians exploit a natural disaster to ensure power and wealth. Instead of global warming...it's political pocket warming.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.4.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  cms5 @1.4    5 years ago

Pinks - Stupid Girls !

Nobody wants to be like AOC - or the other 3 in the Taliban 4 !

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.4.2  katrix  replied to  cms5 @1.4    5 years ago
Like, hurricanes have just started because of, like, what we're doing to the planet with cow farts and all.

Haven't you ever read about the formation of a hurricane? Most of our Atlantic hurricanes start with a single cow fart in Africa, which then develops into a tropical depression, and eventually a hurricane. The Coriolis force makes the fart rotate as it moves across the ocean.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.4.3  Kavika   replied to  katrix @1.4.2    5 years ago

Actually it isn't a cow fart. It's a Cape Buffalo fart...far more powerful.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.4.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @1.4.3    5 years ago
It's a Cape Buffalo fart...far more powerful.

Standing in front of one is bad enough, but, standing behind one can be detrimental to the olfactories and visual obs as well. And if they have a case of the rectal change of oil change, best to stand a good ways away when they flick their tails. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.4.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Kavika @1.4.3    5 years ago
Actually it isn't a cow fart. It's a Cape Buffalo fart...far more powerful.

It is clear to me now why the plains Indians hunted Bison, It wasn't for survival, they were combating Climate change. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    5 years ago

AOC ..... making New Yorkers proud tweet by tweet by tweet .......

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @2    5 years ago
AOC ..... making New Yorkers proud tweet by tweet by tweet .......

NO JOBS FOR YOU ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    5 years ago

Or meat based soups ..... NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!   Or cars, or planes or garbage disposals ......

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    5 years ago

I'm hearing "The Wall" in the background as her theme music - "We don't need no . . . . ."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.2    5 years ago

Nice! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    5 years ago

AOC might be one of the greatest assets to the GOP right now.

The woman is a walking accident!

God, I hope and pray the idiot, along with her other freshman cohorts, are reelected!

They will drag the Democratic Party further and further away from reality.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

I don't know .... shotgun Joe is getting up there .... slip by verbal slip ..... ;-)

By the way, i'm being told i should call you "kettle."   How does a "Ketel One" sound?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    5 years ago
By the way, i'm being told i should call you "kettle."  

I saw ! jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    5 years ago
y the way, i'm being told i should call you "kettle."

Gee, I wonder what fucking idiot thought that up?

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 years ago
Gee, I wonder what fucking idiot thought that up?

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

And the "Liberal" types keep complaining that Trump sticks on her, and the other Taliban 4.

They're the "Gift" that just can't keep their Stupid mouths SHUT !

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.3.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3    5 years ago

Awe hell no, That is screwed up.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.3.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.3.2    5 years ago
You want to see Nancy feeding her?

No thanks, I now have a visual...Thanks BF.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

She's had a busy week, first she help collected about $24,000 to bail out those arrested for assault during the "straight pride parade" and now she characterizes a hurricane as "climate change." Might we next see her on instagram making her supper while prepping us on how to think?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    5 years ago

Vic is that you?

You look like you could play Heisenberg (Walter White) on Breaking Bad.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    5 years ago

Lol, that's not me. That happens to be the deep state's worst nightmare! Don't you know who that is?

You look like you could play Heisenberg (Walter White) on Breaking Bad.

It's funny you bring that up. One day I may post a picture of me - on one of my New Mexico adventures!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    5 years ago

Yeah i'm drawing a blank .... who is it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.2    5 years ago
who is it?

None other than John Durham :  (HE HAS THE POWER TO PROSECUTE)

Attorney General William Barr reportedly assigned U.S. Attorney John H. Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia investigation, but this is not the first high-profile case Durham has undertaken.

Durham went after Connecticut street gangs in 1992 and prosecuted mobsters in the Gambino, Genovese and Patriarca crime families,  TIME Magazine  reported. Durham was also responsible for exposing former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland’s corruption in 2004, which led to the governor spending a year in prison.

Former Attorney General Janet Reno commissioned Durham to investigate the FBI’s relationship with informant and Boston mobster  Whitey Bulger  in 1999. Durham’s team was responsible for indicting Bulger cronies Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi and special agent John Connolly Jr. who are portrayed in “ Black Mass ,”  according to The Day .

Durham also investigated a case at the request of former Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey in 2008 involving videotapes the  CIA  destroyed that depicted the torture of terrorism suspects. He further examined the CIA’s handling of detainees at the request of former Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. under the Obama administration in 2009, according to The NYT.

President Donald Trump nominated Durham in 2017 to be Connecticut’s U.S. attorney. Durham received bipartisan support and the U.S. Senate unanimously confirmed him in February 2018,  according to New York Magazine .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    5 years ago

Learn something every day if you're listening ..... honestly, the guy doesn't even need a costume to play Walter White.

Say my name!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.4    5 years ago
honestly, the guy doesn't even need a costume to play Walter White.

I got to see all the "Breaking Bad" episodes (in order) all in one weekend not long ago. I never realized how well written a TV series could be. That was addictive. The perfect setting - the bad lands - home of the bad and the beautiful!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    5 years ago

Yep, one of my all time favorites.   Great writing, casting and acting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.6    5 years ago

You got that right...Wasn't there a spinoff with the lawyer Saul?  I haven't heard much on how that went.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.7    5 years ago

Better Call Saul ..... not as good so far but it has it moments and potential to be very good.

It's worth a watch.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.8    5 years ago

Where would I find that? HBO?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.9    5 years ago

No, pretty sure it's on AMC.   I'm sure there is a way to stream it.

It's off right now.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.11  KDMichigan  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.9    5 years ago
Where would I find that? HBO?

It can be streamed on on demand AMC or its on Netflix.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Funny! Not one lefty progressive liberal backing her up here so far...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    5 years ago

Somethings are beyond defensible.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    5 years ago

I've been saying it for awhile.  

Her, Tlaib and Omar are ripe to lose their seats in 2020.

They are a bridge too far for most people.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @6.2    5 years ago
They are a bridge too far for most people.

I suspect that their voters knew this in advance, so it speaks as to whether or not they will be re-elected or not, and how they perform between now and then. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.1    5 years ago

Tlaibs district in Michigan was Conyers for like 50+ years.

Reps could run Mother Theresa and she wouldn't win.   I suspect the same is true in those NY and Minn districts.   Tlaib barely won her Primary and only because it was a big diluted group of candidates.   She won the main election by a landslide which any Dem in that district would.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.2    5 years ago
She won the main election by a landslide which any Dem in that district would.

Pretty much like many Republicans win only because they come from a district that would not vote for any other party, no matter how unqualified, or immoral, the person they voted for is. Party line first, country be damned. And that goes for both sides of the political spectrum. 

Unfortunately, that means in many areas the candidate best qualified for the job in representing the people and helping do the best for the country are never given a real chance to win. 

The party first and country...who cares attitude of so many candidates and voters today is the biggest challenge our children and Grandchildren will come to rue in the future. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    5 years ago

Not all "lefty, progressive liberals", or just honest intelligent Democrats do not always agree with everything a Democrat lawmakers says or does. Just like not all "right wing religious extremist" Republicans of adequate intelligence don't always agree with everything Republican lawmakers say and do.

There are idiots, morons and religious extremists on BOTH sides of the political spectrum. Some for some they are just too bigoted and prejudice to admit it. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @6.3    5 years ago
There are idiots, morons and religious extremists on BOTH sides of the political spectrum.

You got that right.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Raven Wing @6.3    5 years ago

Agreed.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    5 years ago

Give it time, the day is still young. 

Someone will jump on that high horse.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    5 years ago

Breaking News  >>>>>>>>>>

AOC attributes the outbreak of "Sharknado's" to global warming.   And we quote:

"It is documented that we've never had a Sharknado prior to 2013 and now we've had like six in so many years.    All because of Global Warming.   All those people getting eaten and killed by those Sharknado Sharks.   It's horrible"

News at eleven .......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @7    5 years ago

Don't give up your day job. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.1    5 years ago

"it hits vulnerable communities first." 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    5 years ago

Thanks buddy, i appreciate the heartfelt advise.

You're the best!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.3    5 years ago

That's advice

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @7    5 years ago

Love it!jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago

If some climate change denier posted pics of a sunny day and used them to say there is no such thing as climate change, he would be justifiably criticized for it. Here, a climate change advocate (for lack of a better word) shows a storm (weather) and claims it's an example of climate change and the only thing we hear from the Left is crickets? 

C'mon folks, it has to be universally stupid - or not at all - to declare that an individual ongoing weather event is somehow support for or against the reality of climate change. This is especially true for something as ordinary as a hurricane off Florida in September.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Why is it a surprise that voters who would turn down Amazon's offer that would have been a huge benefit to New York with no cost to them (a tax benefit is NOT a cost) would elect a person like AOC?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

Just saw this breaking news,

Trump has claimed that Denmark has lowered its bidding minimal on Greenland, after the Danish Queen with coffee, found out, besides Alabama, Greenland is also in the direct path of Dorian, now a Class 7 Hurricane, after skipping 6th  and being held back from 8th grade A Bullsheet ! With his black

Sharppee, Trump has schived the White empowered Tower, all Soggy now      /S

So a guy who disagrees with climate change being real, and AOC agrees with 97% of scientists who believe it IS REAL,

and most on this thread believe with, the guy, and against so many scientists ????

How were so many people even born...did their parents choose the Rythym method over the Scientific one ???