╌>

Trump says 'I don't know' how map was altered to show Alabama in Hurricane Dorian's path

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  235 comments

Trump says 'I don't know' how map was altered to show Alabama in Hurricane Dorian's path

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford   15 hours ago  

Trump says he doesn’t know if a map of Hurricane Dorian’s path was altered

During a briefing on Hurricane Dorian in the Oval Office Wednesday, President Trump showed reporters an enlarged map displaying what he said was the initial forecasted path of the storm. 18061a90-cf4f-11e9-9fa7-2d3d027ca6d0

President Trump talks with reporters after receiving a briefing on Hurricane Dorian. (Photo: Evan Vucci/AP)

The map, which was displayed on a posterboard, appeared to have been altered with a marker, extending the storm’s path to include Alabama. Over the weekend, Trump had mentioned Alabama as one of the states that could be affected by Dorian.

The National Weather Service said the state was in no danger from the storm.

In  a tweet Monday night , the president bristled at the suggestion by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl that his forecast was wrong.

Taking questions from journalists at a separate event on efforts to combat the opioid epidemic Wednesday, Trump was asked if he knew if the map had been altered.

“No,” the president replied. “I just know, I know Alabama was in the original forecast. They thought they would get it as a piece of it. It was supposed to go — actually we have a better map than that which is going to be presented where we had many lines going directly, many models, each line being a model, going directly through. And in all cases, Alabama was it.”

He said there had been a “95 percent probability” of Dorian’s path going through Alabama, “but then it made that right turn that a lot of people didn’t expect.”

The storm, which is being blamed for at least seven deaths in the Bahamas, is now expected to skirt up the southeastern U.S. coast and make landfall as far north as the Carolinas between late Wednesday and early Thursday.

Trump was asked if the map he displayed was altered using a Sharpie, the president’s pen of choice.

“I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know,” he replied.

Dennis Mersereau, a weather blogger and Forbes magazine contributor,  noted on Twitter  that it is a violation of federal law to falsify a weather report.

According to  18 U.S. Code § 2074 , “whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both.”

_____

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The map, which was displayed on a posterboard, appeared to have been altered with a marker, extending the storm’s path to include Alabama. Over the weekend, Trump had mentioned Alabama as one of the states that could be affected by Dorian.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Lock him up!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  cjcold @1.1    5 years ago

It is actually illegal to give a false weather report.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

POS/POTUS knows more than anyone else about everything, ... except that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Of course he knows.  He told an aide, I don't care how you do it, show the path of Dorian to include Alabama.

Looks like they used a sharpie.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

What an idiot. It's also illegal to make this kind of alteration. Not that he cares - anything that will allow him to preserve his fantasy of actually having a clue about something.

I can't understand how anyone could think someone like this is fit to be president.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Gun shot residue can be detected on skin with a reagent.  They should use it and they would find sharpie residue on his hands.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2    5 years ago

pile of shit POTUS probably still has the sharpie ink stains on his fingertips

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago
He told an aide, I don't care how you do it, show the path of Dorian to include Alabama.

Nah, it's a sharpie.  He did it himself, an aide would done a better job of faking it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @2.3    5 years ago

kelly anne helped him. she wears a hat that has a small table top mounted on it when she's in the oval office.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @2.3.1    5 years ago

kelly anne helped him. she wears a hat that has a small table top mounted on it when she's in the oval office.

Except, the hat, is not where she stores her sharpies.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago
“I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know,” he replied.

The devil did it. Either that or Geraldine did it. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago
The devil did it.

Of course it was someone else. Trump never does anything wrong, we all know that.  He's a big moral Christian and would never lie, ya know. jrSmiley_51_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

Caught in another lie, what else is new....sickening!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

How hard is it to just own up to a mistake, Donny?

Your ego can't take that kind of bruising? Jayzus!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

This is pretty stupid. Does anyone really think the president has anything at all to do with the production of forecasts or maps?

Dennis Mersereau, a weather blogger and Forbes magazine contributor,  noted on Twitter  that it is a violation of federal law to falsify a weather report.

Clearly, Dennis is an idiot.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago
This is pretty stupid.

Does you really not think the president had anything at all to do with the falsification of that map? Yet another apologist comment for Trump.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @7.1    5 years ago

1) What's false about it? 2) Why would the president be involved in falsifying a map? 3) Do you really imagine that he himself is busting out the Sharpie?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1.2  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    5 years ago
1) What's false about it? 2) Why would the president be involved in falsifying a map? 3) Do you really imagine that he himself is busting out the Sharpie?

You mentioned the Sharpie and yet you have to ask what's false about it?

Why would the president be involved in falsifying a map?

Because he can't stand being proven wrong, never admits when he's wrong, and constantly lies (or moves goalposts) to try to pretend he wasn't wrong, maybe?

Do you really imagine that he himself is busting out the Sharpie?

Absolutely. Sure, one of his aides could have done it to calm down Trump's temper, but it's definitely possible that he did it himself because he needs his fantasy world where he's never wrong.

Fox News might be hiring. You'd be perfect, based on your defense of Trump here. Although even Fox called him out for being wrong, so maybe not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @7.1.2    5 years ago
You mentioned the Sharpie and yet you have to ask what's false about it?

I'm still asking. Maybe someone thought it was incomplete as presented. You have no idea. Why can't you admit that?

to try to pretend he wasn't wrong

He wasn't wrong about Alabama being a potential path in early forecasts.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.3    5 years ago

Why can't you admit that the pos should learn ALL THE FUCKING FACTS  before opening his big fat fucking mouth.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    5 years ago

1)N E thing Trump says IS TRUE

2) Because he is a FCKN LYING IDIOT !

3) FCKN A RIGHT I DO !

It;s sittin right there on hi desk

Don't B A Trump

own up to the FACT you ENABLE a Mental Midget to EMBARRASS THE HELL OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.

Face it, people  f'd up,   STOP ALREADY !

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.5    5 years ago
It;s sittin right there on hi desk

You're telling us that you see the pen used to mark up the map sitting on his desk? You have better eyesight than I do, I guess. I followed the link and watched the video and I can't see the pen. Is it hiding under the giant rabbit?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago
Clearly, Dennis is an idiot.

Who's the idiot?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.2    5 years ago
Who's the idiot?

Apparently his name is Dennis. Was that unclear?

You can find a statute in the codes, but that doesn't mean someone has violated the law. You need to apply the facts to that law. You need to understand the definitions of terms. You need to understand whether or not specific actions constitute violations of that law. You need to know whether or not the law even applies to a specific person in a specific situation.

If you start thinking about all these things for about half a minute, you'll realize that no crime has been committed. Or maybe you won't.

But don't just assume that some blogger on Twitter knows what he's talking about with respect to federal criminal law and its application to the president.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.1    5 years ago

Take another look at what "Dennis" said, he never accused anyone of violating the law, he just said it was against the law. Again, I ask, "Who's the idiot"?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.2.2    5 years ago
he never accused anyone of violating the law,  he just said it was against the law

No, he said Trump was violating the law. Read the actual tweet you're trying to talk about.

It is a violation of federal law to falsify a National Weather Service forecast and pass it off as official, as President Trump did here.

You really want to keep on with this childish passive-aggressive stuff?

Again, I ask, "Who's the idiot"?

So instead of continuing to ask me . . . maybe ask yourself that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago
I know Alabama was in the original forecast

Yeah, he's right about that.

From August 29 :

EDKeIbcX4AAiZbL.jpg

From August 30 :

09db9fd7-c302-4542-ab12-06ec5ed37629-2_pm_wind2.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

A week ago, competing computer models could not agree on what would happen with the hurricane. Now that it has settled into a more certain path, apparently some people want to look back and act like it was inevitable and obvious that it would go the way it did.

876d0214-efc3-4e98-ac89-102408f15220-11am_accu7.jpeg?width=520&height=390&fit=bounds&auto=webp

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @8    5 years ago

You clearly didn't bother reading about this - or if you did, you choose to ignore just how stupid Trump was. He tweeted DAYS after these. As the head of FEMA, do you really not expect the President of the United States to provide current and correct information about natural disasters?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @8.1    5 years ago
As the head of FEMA, do you really not expect the President of the United States to provide current and correct information about natural disasters?

Uh, Brock Long is the head of FEMA and even he doesn't predict the weather. The National Weather Service under the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) does that. People like Trump and Brock are simply passing along the information they have been given.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.2  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    5 years ago

Well guess what - Brock passes along ACCURATE and timely information. Trump passes along bullshit and claims he never heard of a Cat 5. And then he doubles down on his bullshit.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @8.1    5 years ago
You clearly didn't bother reading about this - or if you did, you choose to ignore just how stupid Trump was.

Look at the maps. Do they show a possible path into Alabama or not? You do know where Alabama is, yes? Trump said Alabama was in the original forecast. That's true. You just can't bring yourself to admit it, can you?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.4  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.3    5 years ago

You are really something when it comes to Trump apologists.

Trump said that the news just came in. Days after we knew the hurricane wouldn't impact Alabama.

You just can't bring yourself to admit it, can you? Look at the fucking timeline.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @8.1.4    5 years ago
You are really something when it comes to Trump apologists.

And you are really something when it comes to TDS and condemning someone when you have no facts to support your accusation.

I'm not defending anything. I am acknowledging that Alabama was in the forecast and admitting that I cannot know what Trump's experience was with forecasts and briefings. 

But you know it all apparently.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.3    5 years ago
Look at the maps. Do they show a possible path into Alabama or not?

They do, the problem is that trump made the statement 4 days later, AFTER recent maps showed that Dorian was not going to hit Alabama. When told that, he lied about it, two more times. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.5    5 years ago

Tacos, please, just stop.  You either dont know or are misrepresenting the facts of this situation. Dont be like Trump. People here say you are a good guy. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.8  Krishna  replied to  katrix @8.1    5 years ago

Seth Meyers comments:

Trump Keeps lying about Dorian and Alabama: A Closer Look

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.2  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @8    5 years ago

To the confusion of some, when the hurricane's path was projected Sunday to go up the East Coast, avoiding Alabama, Trump  tweeted : "In addition to Florida — South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated."

About 20 minutes later, the National Weather Service in Birmingham, Alabama,  tweeted : "Alabama will NOT see any impacts from  #Dorian " because the storm "will remain too far east."

Later that day, Trump twice told reporters that Alabama was in the storm's path, first sa ying outside of Marine One that "Alabama is going to get a piece of it, it looks like," and later , at a Federal Emergency Management Agency briefing, saying the storm "may get a little piece of a great place: It's called Alabama."

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @8.2    5 years ago

What is your complaint? Clearly he was told Alabama was at risk at some point and the computer models clearly said so. You have no idea if he was ever told Alabama was in the clear. But you keep acting like it's a thing he made up out of whole cloth.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.1    5 years ago

He was NEVER told it was.  The picture is fake and he is a fucking liar.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.2.3  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.1    5 years ago
You have no idea if he was ever told Alabama was in the clear

Well gee, you think maybe he should have found out before he spoke to the American people on what threats they might be facing, like a responsible President would do? Like every other President does? Like FEMA and NOAA do?

But you keep acting like it's a thing he made up out of whole cloth.

It is. That's why he needed the Sharpie. /smh

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @8.2.2    5 years ago
He was NEVER told it was.

You've been hanging out with him the White House, eh?

The picture is fake

What picture is fake? And how would you know?

he is a fucking liar

They way you claim to have inside knowledge of what goes on with the president, your credibility doesn't look too hot either.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @8.2.3    5 years ago
But you keep acting like it's a thing he made up out of whole cloth.
It is.

Facts are wasted on some people I guess. I showed you three official maps with arrows pointing at Alabama and you still won't believe.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.2.6  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.4    5 years ago

Keep defending the liar that CAN'T ADMIT HE FUCKED UP......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @8.2.6    5 years ago
CAN'T ADMIT HE FUCKED UP

Ironic.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
8.2.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.5    5 years ago

Facts are wasted on some people I guess. I showed you three official maps with arrows pointing at Alabama and you still won't believe.

Yet you ignore the FACT that he was corrected by the National Weather Service, yet he still claimed that Alabama was in its path.  Then instead of admitting (at best) that he made the claim from dated material, he chose to falsify the chart he was presenting to reporters.

1. He made the statement.
  2. He was officially corrected.
  3. He made the statement again.
  4. He was asked about it.
  5. He made the statement a 3rd time.
  6. He falsified an official map of the hurricane path because it did not support his claim.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
8.2.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Ozzwald @8.2.8    5 years ago

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.2.10  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.7    5 years ago

He can NEVER admit he made a mistake and fudge a map as "proof"... He still today will NOT ADMIT HE WAS WRONG.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif Jesus H. Christ your rumsplanations are fucking tiresome and fucking endless. [ deleted ]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.2.12  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.11    5 years ago
Do you get paid for each time you kiss his big fat stinking lying ass?

Who's? 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.2.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  KDMichigan @8.2.12    5 years ago
Who's

Who the frick elses wouldshe betalkin about ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.14  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.11    5 years ago

Speaking of tiresome and endless . . . 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.2.15  KDMichigan  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.14    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.14    5 years ago

Everyone sees his idiocy except his tireless supporters/ass kissers.  

#Sharpiegate

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
8.2.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.16    5 years ago
Everyone sees his idiocy except his tireless supporters/ass kissers.

Oh they see it alright, they just fall into 2 categories.

1. See it, but refuse to acknowledge since it goes against their beliefs and blind faith in Trump.
  2. See it, but are being paid to ignore and distract from it by RNC, Russia, China, Israel, etc....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8    5 years ago

We endlessly see Trump supporters supporting his idiocy. If we say something about those Trump supporters, then we are the bad guy. 

It is inexplicable. 

Donald Trump tweeted on Sunday  Sept 1st  that the hurricane would very likely hit Alabama.  Trump was basing this prediction on a map projection that was FOUR DAYS OLD.  So no, he wasn't "right" , he was WRONG , and we know he was wrong because 20 minutes after his tweet on Sunday the National Hurricane Center felt the necessity to correct him. They said, at appx the exact time Trump was telling America that the hurricane would hit Alabama,  that Dorian was no threat to Alabama. There could not be a clearer refutation of Trump by the authority on hurricanes. 

Ok, Trump used the wrong map, I suppose it could happen , it shouldnt happen to the president, but it could happen. Move on. 

What does Trump do? He draws on a map with a magic marker to make himself look better. All that really achieved was to make him look like an idiot. 

Thanks Trump supporters, you are really rolling along.  s. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3    5 years ago
Trump was basing this prediction on a map projection that was FOUR DAYS OLD.

You have no idea what Trump based his prediction on, but if you scroll up, you'll see a couple of maps showing the hurricane headed for Alabama that would have been two days old at most at that time. And that was just me doing a quick search. I don't claim it was exhaustive. Seems like you get things mixed up, too.

He draws on a map with a magic marker to make himself look better.

Oh, I apologize. I didn't know you saw him draw on the map. Did he say why he was drawing on the map?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.3.2  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3    5 years ago

WHO CARES?  Running a thread on Trump and a photo smacks of lacking a life.  Not interested in debate. Just pointing out the obvious 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @8.3.2    5 years ago
Just pointing out the obvious 

That he lied? Yep, it needs to be pointed out, but lets be honest, pointing out trumps lies is a full time job. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    5 years ago
You have no idea what Trump based his prediction on, but if you

Trump was wrong. He was using old information. He is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES for god sake, not a crappy TV game show host anymore. 

He wasnt right he was wrong.  If you arent willing to ever admit that you should probably forego posting. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.5  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @8.3.2    5 years ago

Preacher, no one cares about your Bible ramblings either.  Why do you defend an obviously unstable man for the highest office in the land?   Lets make it about you. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.3.6  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @8.3.3    5 years ago

No. That who cares?  [deleted]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.3.7  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.5    5 years ago

Whether you care about my Bible posts is between you and God. I have to be accountable to God in whether I obey my calling as a minister and warn every person to repent and turn to God

as to Trump, it’s very simple.

Because he’s 10,000% a better alternative than the Godless Communists and Marxist Fascist baby killers in the Democratic Party.

No doubt Trump is a badly flawed and arrogant individual. But he’s not proposing to have taxpayers pay for abortions, raise taxes, increase regulations, increase totalitarian control over our lives and businesses, take away our right to keep and bear arms.   

Trump is also the best American president in support of Israel. The President who’s taken the most actions to defend our religious liberties from the endless assault by the Democrats.  

Trump is the only president who hasn’t bent over in submission to the UN, NATO, or other international one world organizations 

so until someone better comes along, I’m sticking with the only president to actually defend and promote this country and the things that made it once great 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3.8  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @8.3.6    5 years ago

No. That who cares?  The fact that leftists like you and John actually think this is debate or dialogue material makes you both a joke

Yet here you are, caring. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.9  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @8.3.3    5 years ago
That he lied?

He lied? He intentionally lied about the path of the hurricane? Why?????

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.10  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.4    5 years ago
Trump was wrong.

Maybe he was, but you make it sound like he was intentionally trying to mislead people. It seems FAR more likely to me that the people whose job it is to keep him briefed screwed up somehow. The notion that the president would intentionally lie about the path of a hurricane - apparently assuming no one would dare contradict him - is just beyond loony.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.11  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.4    5 years ago
He wasnt right he was wrong.

He said Alabama was in the early forecasts. That is true and I have proved it's true with actual maps. That's the only statement of his I have attempted to defend.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.12  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.4    5 years ago
you should probably forego posting

That's twice in this seed you have tried to get me to stop expressing my opinion. And I'm not the only person you want to shut up. You don't get to tell me or anyone else to stop posting. I might disagree with you, but you'll never see me trying to shut down your voice.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    5 years ago

Is anyone telling Trump the truth?

Trump's own government has lots of experts who can help him with these facts and these forecasts. Presumably they are trying. I'd like to know more about their experiences. Remember, the White House said over the weekend that Trump was getting "hourly" updates on the hurricane. Either that's not true, or Trump wasn't listening to the updates.

>> The Atlantic's James Fallows tweeted: "Trump's tweeting out Iranian rocket-site photo was 100x more consequential. His 'dog ate my homework' hurricane 'map' is 1000x easier to understand — and thus, as with his inauguration-crowd 'photos,' likelier to stick in embarrassing way..."

>> Staunch Trump opponent George Conway tweeted: "Although the delusional map markup is perfectly characteristic behavior for ‪@realDonaldTrump‬, its absurdity is precisely what makes it such a striking illustration of the depths of the disorders that afflict his warped mind..."

>> NBC meteorologist Bill Karins tweeted to Trump: "Please stop wasting so much of our time when a strong Hurricane is about to potentially cause billions of dollars of damage in South and North Carolina!"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.12    5 years ago

No one can tell you to stop posting. I was merely suggesting that if you are going to constantly try and defend the indefensible with Trump you might want to rethink that as a course of action. 

Trump was WRONG with his Sunday tweet . He was not right. It was known that the course had changed before he tweeted. 

Keep going like this and everyone will be wondering what you are doing. 

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.15  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @8.3.2    5 years ago

TRUMP: THE HURRICANER IN CHIEF!

(He tells a Storm to "Go!" and the Storm does so!)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3.16  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.9    5 years ago

He lied? He intentionally lied about the path of the hurricane? Why?????

He lied or he is incredibly dumb. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.3.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @8.3.15    5 years ago
He tells a Storm to "Go!" and the Storm does so!)

for only a $130,000 Stormy went away, and for another $130,000 she took her Playmate as well

What R u supposing Dorian cost him, besides his FACE, that he can't Face

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.18  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.14    5 years ago
Keep going like this and everyone will be wondering what you are doing. 

You think I care about what you wonder?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.3.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.18    5 years ago

i can't speak for John, but i personally, think you are taking your defense of Trump, way to far on this one.

I appreciate various points you make, on this one , Sharpiegate, i thnk you need to check out some different sources, as Trump,

appears to have

jumped the Sharpie 

on this one. 

There is NO DEFENSE on this one, yet he just keeps doubling down, and so do you, and i do not understand Y 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.20  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.3.19    5 years ago
i can't speak for John, but i personally, think you are taking your defense of Trump, way to far on this one.

That's fine. We can disagree. I think the outrage goes too far. Maybe the guy was misinformed. Maybe he doesn't get enough sleep and was still thinking about a briefing he had three days prior. We could play maybe all day.

But people actually being angry over this? Saying he lied? That he intentionally deceived the country? Please! What are y'all mad about? Did all of Alabama evacuate unnecessarily? Where was the harm?

This story is about as important - and just as overblown - as Obama and his 57 states or saying that he bowls like "Special Olympics." It deserves maybe a comment that it was wrong, dumb or confusing (though for all we know, there was actually a good reason for it), but treating it like an actual scandal is far dumber.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.3.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.20    5 years ago
but treating it like an actual scandal is far dumber.

Problem is, this would of been long forgotten by now, but Trump just put it , again, front and center , yesterday, then again today, yjen also tweeted about it.

The man has a serious problem, imho

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    5 years ago

You would be great on Fox 'news' with your endless rumpsplanations and excuses for his idiocy.l  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.23  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.18    5 years ago

[delete]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.24  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @8.3.16    5 years ago

He lied and is incredibly dumb.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.25  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.20    5 years ago

So after the shithead in chief said Alabama was in danger, why did the NWS 20 minutes later state that NO, ALABAMA IS NOT IN DANGER, is not in the path of Dorian?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.26  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.20    5 years ago

No one is angry.  You're just continue to support his idiocy and the dumbshit doubling down on his idiocy over and over and over and over and over and over again.  He can never be wrong.  For fucks sake.  

It is important that the 'president' gives outdated and uninformed information and inaccurate.  

What good reason???????????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.27  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.3.21    5 years ago

And the shithead just quadrupled down about his lying and inability to be told that he is wrong.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.20    5 years ago

Tacos, even you have to admit that the best thing Donny could have done was re-tweeted that he was wrong after Hurricane Center told him he was in error. He could have tweeted something like this:

"Folks! I was wrong. Earlier I thought Alabama was in the path but I have been given updated information. My bad!"

(I think that's 140 characters or less)

Any person of character would have done exactly that. YOU would have done that because your ego isn't so YUGE that you can admit when you're wrong. Did we make a mountain out of an anthill? Yeah...we did. But it was fun building that mountain because the jokes write themselves!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.29  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.28    5 years ago

#Sharpiegate is hilarious!!!  I loved Stephen Colbert's take on it.  Also the imbecile's thought about nuking hurricanes.

Stephen said something like - the 'president' must hear 50 times a day - 'we'll look into it'

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.3.30  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @8.3.16    5 years ago
He lied or he is incredibly dumb. 

That should read "He lied because he is incredibly dumb." jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    5 years ago

Pretty obvious that trump isn't the sharpiest tool in the shed. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @11    5 years ago

I saw what you did there

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1    5 years ago

Came up with it while moving broken concrete.. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.1    5 years ago

LOL! I get some of my best ideas while doing manual labor. However, I don't do very much manual labor and rarely come up with good ideas!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12  MrFrost    5 years ago

Krishna
Professor Expert
12.1  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @12    5 years ago

Everyone wants to BUY GREENLAND!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    5 years ago

Trump must be lying because he's not giving out perfect hurricane forecasts! And he would do that because . . . muh feelings!

For Forecasters, Hurricane Dorian Has Already Been a Handful

The storm’s erratic behavior has been particularly hard to track.

Ms. Rautenkranz said she had emailed her colleagues this week to remind them to take a breath and not forget that 1,200 more models of the storm’s possible path would be generated before it reached the coast .

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.1  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago
Trump must be lying because he's not giving out perfect hurricane forecasts! And he would do that because . . . muh feelings!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @13.1    5 years ago

I liked the fact that he was too stupid to send an aid out to buy a white marker. 

And yet how surprised was he when EVERYONE saw through his diabolical black marker forgery???

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

This might be the dumbest, most pointless debate in the history of this site.

carry on. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @14    5 years ago

[delete]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1    5 years ago

OH MY KNOWOSE

OH MY KNOWSE

OH MY NOWSE

OH MY NOSE

C, how it GROWS !

it's not the stupid, yet again, 12,642 time that the guy lied,

it's the excuses his 'supporters' provide!

Then, even after he doubles, triples, quadruples down, so are 

his defenders, still attempting to justify and rationalize for this fckn CLOWN !

Pull my little middle finger,   honk my big orange nose !

just disregard the regulations i just lifted, forget about the penny's pinched by Pence to enrich my rents, my never ending praise for Putin cause he;s just G r8, n Lil' Kim's 10 missile tests im n IN, 

look at how i can draw a Black reservoir tip

on a White rubber 

Whale and seamen tail 

cause with my black sharpie, it is i,

the one n only Trump ,

that shall Peevail 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.1    5 years ago

Oooooohh your house, your house, your house is on fire

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1.3  pat wilson  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.1    5 years ago

Perfect !!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.2    5 years ago

so are Marhas thighs, for big man on campus, u know the one, with the arm for a gun.

Sharpiest tool in the shed, till someone let it bleed out, cause it wasn't Dug or Bart Simpson that said it, as i b leave it was homeland security head, givin some up for what Trumppy done did n said.

n

my house ain't on fire

as

that would be the White House, as Trumps heavy pantz were a burnin with tne desire to again be the ultimate liar in chief, as well as a thief, too busy gulphin in the wrong phish, to no ones dis belief, probably for  Dolphin as if he had a porpoise , and wasn't such a natural Fluke, 

cause Trump bean a mammal,

is

UNUFF T5O MAKE ME PUKE 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.4    5 years ago

So you'll huff .... and you'll puff ..... and you'll try to blow his house down ....

meanwhile "your" house is still on fire .... better check that

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.5    5 years ago
meanwhile "your" house is still on fire ...

Nah, Trump was so pissed off bout not gettin pist upon,

his sobbing tears,

like pouring  from a Dorian eye,

done extinguished the flames,

right out from Trumps Sharpie blackened

drawn Eye ,  that looked like a drip out of his reservoir tip, that had to be torn n RIP, 

four eyes r 4 tearing tears right out of ripped and torn pages of novel

and model Tease, the illiterate one  is often teased about while T'ing off, as he duct out of site, like a reabsorbed tear, left open to be landed upon by a thirsty butterfly, who aided and abetted a stitch

of truth

found in ones figuring too literally, 

the exhausted rest, will never   see

how those flappin

bout butterfly wings,

effect our whirled 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.7    5 years ago

musta started on Da Rufe

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.7    5 years ago

Y can't i be   'taunted'   like the normal posters ?

Sparty and I were just having fun

sorry, i guess

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.9    5 years ago
Y can't i be   'taunted'   like the normal posters ?

Your mother wears combat boots?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
14.1.11  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.10    5 years ago
Your mother wears combat boots?

I'm his mother and I frequently wear combat boots.

What else ya got? jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.10    5 years ago

didn't you ?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1.11    5 years ago

Ummmm.....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.12    5 years ago

Well, yeah...so....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.14    5 years ago

So my 2 mommies R,   an aging cigar smokin hot  Budapesty lesbian monk fish, a tempting, to make Caviar with a Gorgeous Giggling Trout named Brooke...

know wonder i'm so fckd up....

but

i guess

i have to

still ask,

WHO'S Your DADDY ??

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.15    5 years ago

That reminds me of a joke my mother was told after her second redhead (me).

When a woman gave birth to a redhead (she wasn't a redhead) the doctor asked her what color the fathers' hair was and she stated that she didn't know because he never took his hat off.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.9    5 years ago

No problem, you and i know i wasn't taunting.   i just thought you might enjoy as i haiku ....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.18    5 years ago

god bless U

i get high with n e letter, even Q

and no, i know you weren't taunting me, my response was back at Perrie, who, i must say, was only doing her duty as R A.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @14.1.19    5 years ago

LOL, there are certain folks here who don't like me very much.   Some are clearly apparent others prefer to slink around in the shadows.

I file it under shit happens and move on ..... they aren't passing that nasty on to me ..... no way partner!

Post .... ready.... set ..... gone! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
15  Kavika     5 years ago

39i70v.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

rump news – live: President called Fox reporter into Oval Office to argue over Alabama gaffe as new tax fraud allegation emerges

102b4830-25c0-11e7-a66a-23957430fe89_latigre-indy-eagle-01.png.cf.jpg   Joe Sommerlad, The Independent   3 hours ago  

Donald Trump   was so incensed by reporting over his erroneous suggestion   Hurricane Dorian   could have hit   Alabama   that he summoned   Fox News   correspondent John Roberts to the Oval Office on Thursday to argue about the gaffe, according to CNN, part of a day spent obsessing over the matter on Twitter.

Mr Trump’s presentation of a weather map of the storm’s path he appeared to have doctored himself with a black Sharpie prompted 2020 presidential candidate   Pete Buttigieg   to comment: “I feel sorry for the president, and that is not the way we should feel about the most powerful figure in this country.”

Meanwhile, a new investigation into an unexplained $50m (£41m) construction loan the president took out to build his Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago a decade ago appears to leave him open to allegations of   tax fraud , concerns that have festered since he broke with White House custom by refusing to release his returns.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

White House aide says he briefed Trump about Alabama and Hurricane Dorian

aaaa2f80-fa39-11e8-8fbf-da9c00b689c4   David Jackson and John Fritze, USA TODAY, USA TODAY   1 hour 5 minutes ago  
Trump questioned on apparently altered Dorian map

WASHINGTON – In the fifth day of a flap over the path of  Hurricane Dorian , the White House released a statement from a homeland security adviser who said he briefed  President Donald Trump  about the possibility of heavy winds in Alabama from the storm hours before the president warned the state about rough weather.

The statement from Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Adviser Peter Brown followed a daylong series of tweets from Trump amid a spiraling controversy over the president’s knowledge about the path of the storm. Trump has defended a tweet from Sunday in which he warned Alabama despite predictions that, by then, had the storm turning north.

"The president's comments were based on that morning's Hurricane Dorian briefing, which included the possibility of tropical storm force winds in southeastern Alabama," Brown wrote.

Throughout the day Trump insisted that "certain models" of forecasting once showed that the storm at one point could have hit Alabama, though the trajectory predicted by the National Hurricane Center had changed well before the president began talking about the threat to the state on Sunday.

Brown's statement did not address the altered forecast map that the president held aloft on Wednesday in an effort to explain his warning to Alabama. Instead, Brown said that the president also reviewed "spaghetti model" maps that included a wider range of potential paths for the storm.

"What I said was accurate!" Trump said during a string of Twitter messages posted throughout the day.

More:   Trump doubles down on debunked Alabama comments, holds up map with added circle

The president appeared to be responding to commentators who mocked him for an incident Wednesday in which he displayed  a hurricane forecasting map that had been altered  – someone used a sharpie to scrawl a semi-circle to extend the storm's path into Alabama.

During the day, Trump tweeted out old weather maps that also showed Alabama may have been vulnerable to the the fringes of the storm.

"Just as I said, Alabama was originally projected to be hit," Trump said. "The Fake News denies it!"

Trump tweeted out maps developed on Aug. 29 and 30. He tweeted about the threat to Alabama on Sunday, Sept. 1, by which time maps showed that the storm had changed course.

Trump's seeming obsession with Alabama and the hurricane drew derision on social media.

"Does @realDonaldTrump really not have anything better to do all day than rant on Twitter about whether Dorian was projected to hit Alabama?" tweeted national security lawyer Bradley P. Moss, who represents USA TODAY in open records litigation.

Joe Walsh, a former Republican congressman who is mounting a long-shot primary challenge to Trump, responded to Moss by saying: "That’s about it. He really doesn’t have anything better to do."

In his morning tweet, Trump said: "In the early days of the hurricane, when it was predicted that Dorian would go through Miami or West Palm Beach, even before it reached the Bahamas, certain models strongly suggested that Alabama & Georgia would be hit as it made its way through Florida & to the Gulf."

In a follow-up, he said: "Instead it turned North and went up the coast, where it continues now. In the one model through Florida, the Great State of Alabama would have been hit or grazed. In the path it took, no. Read my FULL FEMA statement. What I said was accurate! All Fake News in order to demean!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @18    5 years ago
"Instead it turned North and went up the coast, where it continues now. In the one model through Florida, the Great State of Alabama would have been hit or grazed. In the path it took, no. Read my FULL FEMA statement. What I said was accurate! All Fake News in order to demean!"

Ok, then why did he have to alter a map AFTER he was corrected? He should have just admitted he was wrong and moved on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1    5 years ago

This staffer fell on his sword for the 'president'  It's his fault.  Not tRump's.

freepress
Freshman Silent
19  freepress    5 years ago

We could fill the Grand Canyon with what he "doesn't know". The man is a terrible person, and is deteriorating rapidly with some kind of dementia, he got confused between Alabama and Bahama. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
19.1  Sparty On  replied to  freepress @19    5 years ago
and is deteriorating rapidly with some kind of dementia

Oh, never-mind ..... i thought perhaps you were talking about Biden or even maybe Mr 57 states ....

Carry on with the TDS'g .......

Krishna
Professor Expert
21  Krishna    5 years ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the  victims of the terrible damage the storm has done in Alabama!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22  MrFrost    5 years ago

Follow up to this article.

Trump DID alter the map with a sharpie. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @22    5 years ago

shocking

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1    5 years ago

Sadly, nothing trump does shocks me anymore. He is one epic failure after another...

Perhaps they should have named Dorian, "Trump", since it has no direction and destroys everything it touches. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @22.1.1    5 years ago

They go alphabetically...Donny would have fit

Tessylo
Professor Principal
22.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1.2    5 years ago

They should have named it Donald.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @22.1.3    5 years ago

I want a hurricane named after me!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1.4    5 years ago

Hurricane 'Giggles' just..... it kinda fails on the 'menacing' front a tad bit.. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
22.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1.4    5 years ago

The Terrible tumultuous terrifying turning and churning typhoon ish type, telephone pole takin, earth and house shakin, telegraphic film makin, telekinetic energy displacing  water with rage taking a toll upon our surf and turf, known as TROUT GIGGLES with a BEEF, was easily washed a way  by a not very Sharpie one who became a pun, after  chewing an Alabamian Crimson Tide Pod,  a conniving Joker Card, known as Trump , Trump of Mar a LARD

Oh

Sorry, best i could do in 4 minutes

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @22.1.6    5 years ago

It was one of your best!

Krishna
Professor Expert
22.1.8  Krishna  replied to  igknorantzrulz @22.1.6    5 years ago
a conniving Joker Card,

The Joker is in fact mentioned in the video in comment #8.1.8.

(Plus Seth Meyers is pretty funny as well)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
22.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @22.1.8    5 years ago

i did enjoy it  thanx

lady in black
Professor Quiet
22.2  lady in black  replied to  MrFrost @22    5 years ago

Of course he did but trumpsters et al keep excusing his lies.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23  MrFrost    5 years ago

The most disturbing thing about this article, in my opinion, is that trump altered the map, with a sharpie for one reason and one reason only: To protect his ego. He did this literally so he wouldn't look like he was wrong. Now that's disturbing enough, but even worse is that his supporters are trying to defend it. 

As has been pointed out above, a few times now, people rely on these maps to make life and death decisions. Yet donny decided to alter the map to protect his ego. How many people saw that and packed up and evacuated? Doing that isn't cheap. Will those people who were duped be refunded the money they spent evacuating for trumps ego? No. 

Life and death decisions, thrown under the bus because trump couldn't simply say, "Hey, I made a mistake, sorry about that".

Disgusting. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
23.1  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @23    5 years ago
couldn't simply say, "Hey, I made a mistake, sorry about that".

Trump? Admit he was wrong. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Raven Wing @23.1    5 years ago

Exactly.. It will simply never happen. He would rather people die than ever admit he was wrong. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @23.1.1    5 years ago

Trump 'orders Coast Guard admiral' to take blame for his false Alabama hurricane claims

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
23.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @23.1.2    5 years ago

I would resign!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @23.1.3    5 years ago

I would resign!

I would have just told him to go fuck himself. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
23.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Raven Wing @23.1    5 years ago

unheard of for that arrogant and egotistical pile of shit 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
23.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @23.1    5 years ago

Admitting to being wrong to a narcissist is akin to asking Superman to hold a rock of krytonite.  It will never happen.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
23.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @23    5 years ago

I get what you're saying, but there's no way I would rely on this guy to tell me if the sky is blue today. I would literally go outside and check for myself. And I would certainly not rely on him to tell me where the hurricane is tracking. I'm going to get updates from my local weather man before I get it from him.

With all that said, anybody who relied on Donny for hurricane information and evacuated when they didn't need to, deserves the unnecessary expenses.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @23.2    5 years ago
I get what you're saying, but there's no way I would rely on this guy to tell me if the sky is blue today. I would literally go outside and check for myself.

That is what a normal person would do, I would do the same thing. The problem is that trump supporters live and breathe by every word that comes out of trumps mouth. They believe everything he says. 

I'm going to get updates from my local weatherman before I get it from him.

Wise choice, but I have the best local weather person in the country, so...yea.. ;)

With all that said, anybody who relied on Donny for hurricane information and evacuated when they didn't need to, deserves the unnecessary expenses.

Yea, that's a fair point.. :)

devangelical
Professor Principal
23.2.2  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @23.2.1    5 years ago
Wise choice, but I have the best local weather person in the country, so...yea..

in our local TV market the weather forecasts are mostly wrong, so TPTB hire really attractive females as meteorologists, that way nobody cares if they're wrong.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
23.2.3  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @23.2.2    5 years ago

I have the NOAA and Weather Underground doppler apps on my phone which give me a pretty good idea of what's heading my way.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
23.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @23.2    5 years ago

If any of his supporters took the altered map to heart, they deserve just what they get.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.2.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @23.2.4    5 years ago
If any of his supporters took the altered map to heart, they deserve just what they get.

That would be one of the ways the modern gene pool thins itself.......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @23    5 years ago
people rely on these maps to make life and death decisions

Who is relying on the specific map in the hands of Donald Trump to make a life and death decision? What are their names?

How many people saw that and packed up and evacuated?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the number is zero.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @23.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif give it a rest.  It's like you're being paid by the post.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @23.3.1    5 years ago
give it a rest.  It's like you're being paid by the post.

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif give it a rest.  It's like you're being paid by the post.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @23.3    5 years ago
Who is relying on the specific map in the hands of Donald Trump to make a life and death decision? What are their names?

Trump is holding a National Weather Service map. They issue warnings so people can get out of harms way. Altering one, (like using a sharpie on one), is a federal crime, it's a felony. What are the names of the people that use the maps? Um, like everyone in the nation? 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the number is zero.

Could be true, I was speaking hypothetically. But don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if trump said a hurricane  was headed your way, you packed up your shit and drove a few hundred miles only to find out that trump used a sharpie to make it look like he wasn't wrong, 4 days after the fact? My guess is you would be pissed. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.3.4  Jack_TX  replied to  MrFrost @23.3.3    5 years ago
Altering one, (like using a sharpie on one), is a federal crime, it's a felony.

You're really trying to tell us that the highest ranking official in the US Govt isn't allowed to draw on one of their maps?  Are you sure about that?

Citation?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @23.3.3    5 years ago
But don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if trump said a hurricane  was headed your way

Honestly . . . what person on planet Earth is getting their emergency weather information only from Donald Trump? And even if there is such a person, do you really think it's the kind of person who is actually going to do something prudent or cautious like evacuate?

By the way, and speaking of maps that people use to make life and death decisions, we had this from CNN during their storm coverage (a place people actually do turn to during times like this). Apparently, they wouldn't know if a sharpie line was covering Alabama or Mississippi. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

EDthhRNX4AQhNB4.png:large

Anyway, apparently the president was being briefed at least as late as Sept. 2 that Alabama could be impacted by the storm.

EDuyvJ7VUAAypEw.png:large

So, is it really so weird that it might be on his mind or that someone might have decided to include Alabama on the map as an afterthought? Apparently it is. And apparently the whole business demands more outrage and news coverage than the storm itself or anything else that's happening in the world.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @23.3.4    5 years ago

Look it up.  It's not difficult 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @23.3.5    5 years ago

How much are you being paid per tRumpsplanation?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
23.3.8  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Tessylo @23.3.6    5 years ago

I did. It falls under the department of commerce which is under the executive branch. That means Trump is their boss and can do as he pleases. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.9  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @23.3.7    5 years ago

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.10  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @23.3.6    5 years ago
Look it up.  It's not difficult

That's irony.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
23.3.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @23.3.4    5 years ago
You're really trying to tell us that the highest ranking official in the US Govt isn't allowed to draw on one of their maps? 

That's how i saw it explained on multiple networks.

Even Fox's Sheppard Smith called out Trump's LIE. Then for what, a sixth day, Trump keeps it alive. WTF!

What an embarrassment! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @23.3.8    5 years ago

Bullshit.  The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is not 'commerce' and subject to rumplethinskin's inability to be told he is wrong

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
23.3.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @23.3.13    5 years ago

(NOAA)

i thought he was the Captain of an Arc or something...?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @23.3.13    5 years ago

Whatever.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.16  Tacos!  replied to  Jack_TX @23.3.13    5 years ago
Look it up.  It's not difficult....

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @23.3.16    5 years ago

[deleted]

Krishna
Professor Expert
23.3.18  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @23.3    5 years ago

Who is relying on the specific map in the hands of Donald Trump to make a life and death decision?

Here's the relevant law:

Trump may have broken federal law by altering Hurricane Dorian's path on a map to validate his false claim that it could hit Alabama

• President Donald Trump  on Wednesday appeared to have altered an official graphic of Hurricane Dorian's trajectory to include part of Alabama to validate his false claim that the state could be affected.
  • The National Hurricane Center did not include Alabama in its forecast of the storm's path, and some observers  pointed out  that Trump's altered map may have violated federal law.
  • "Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both,"  the relevant part of the US Code reads .

Tacos!
Professor Guide
23.3.19  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @23.3.18    5 years ago

So . . . what you're saying is . . . IMPEACH!

Over some sharpie on a visual aid in a meeting/presser. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.3.20  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @23.3.14    5 years ago
i thought he was the Captain of an Arc or something...?

I guess he would have experience with rain and maps?  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.3.21  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @23.3.19    5 years ago
So . . . what you're saying is . . . IMPEACH! Over some sharpie on a visual aid in a meeting/presser.

Time to call Bob Mueller out of retirement again......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.3.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @23.3.19    5 years ago

So it's a visual aid now and not a doctored NWS/NOAA map.  Got it!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
24  lady in black    5 years ago

This is now day 5 of trump's lying bullshit, can't the fucktard just drop it and shut the fuck up about it. 

He can never take responsibility for his own fuck ups, he has to blame someone else.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
24.1  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @24    5 years ago
can't the fucktard just drop it

That's kind of hilarious. Do you really blame Trump for all the attention being paid to this story? Why don't you blame reporters who keep asking him or the press secretary about it? It takes two to have a fight. You really think Trump wants to talk about it? If the media would drop it, no one would be talking about it at all. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
24.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @24.1    5 years ago

Of course we do.  He keeps bringing it up over and over and over and over and over and over again.  He cannot and will not admit to being wrong

Tacos!
Professor Guide
24.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @24.1.1    5 years ago
He keeps bringing it up over and over and over and over and over and over again

No, YOU keep bringing it up over and over and over and over and over and over again. You posted the seed. And you posted another story on the topic within the seed. Other members have done the same thing.

And the media has spent hours on this ridiculous non-story instead of covering something important.

I guarantee you if the media would stop talking about this, you would never hear about it from Trump ever again.

And it's all for what, exactly? Nothing! It's a stupid non-story impacting the lives of exactly zero regular people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
24.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @24.1.2    5 years ago

No the 'president' keeps bringing it up over and over and over and over and over and over again 

Krishna
Professor Expert
24.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @24.1.1    5 years ago

Of course we do.  He keeps bringing it up over and over and over and over and over and over again.  He cannot and will not admit to being wrong

As bad as he used to be-- lately his condition has rapidly become much worse. Even his closest advisors havwe been commenting on his deteriorating condition:

'He's Losing His S---': Trump's Advisers Are Increasingly Worried About His Mental State Following Days Of Erratic Behavior

• President Donald Trump's aides and confidants are concerned about his mental state after days of erratic behavior and wild outbursts.

• "His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window because he's losing his s---," one former White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations about the president, told Insider.

• Trump has spent the past several days fixated on his false claim that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian. He has also taken time to lob attacks at his perceived enemies, like the actress Debra Messing, former FBI Director James Comey, and the "LameStream media."

• "He's deteriorating in plain sight," one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Insider on Friday.

• But one person who was close to Trump's legal team during the Russia investigation told Insider his public statements were "nothing compared to what he's like behind closed doors. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
25  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

" President Trump trumpdonald_070117getty.jpg?itok=HlO-Hc1v Donald John Trump Smoot-Hawley fearmongering continues Jerry Moran: 'I wouldn't be surprised' if Pompeo ran for Senate in Kansas The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump doubles down on Dorian's threat to Alabama MORE was the one who doctored a projection of Hurricane Dorian's path before the map was displayed during a White House meeting between Trump and acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, according to a White House official."

"No one else writes like that on a map with a black Sharpie," a White House official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the Post.

'I don't know, I don't know, I don't know,' US president says when asked about apparent use of black marker.

“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities." - Luke 16:10

Yet all his religious conservative followers continue to cheer on the liar in-chief. I've had many theological differences with religious conservatives over the last 30 years since leaving the fold, but I never thought I'd see such foam at the mouth rabid support for a serial adulterer, twenty times accused of sexual assault, self-admitted sexual predator and proven liar from those who claimed such moral high ground. Apparently, they would have all been big supporters of Bill Clinton who hasn't done half the vile things Trump has if only Clinton had supported conservative judges and proclaimed conservative ideals and told them all they were the "special Americans" deserving of more rights and privileges than liberals, progressives, gays, minorities or immigrants.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
26  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Mr Never Wrong: Storm spat underscores Trump's mindset
image001-png_162613.png.cf.jpg   JONATHAN LEMIRE, Associated Press   5 hours ago  

NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump doesn't make mistakes. At least according to him.

Trump's relentless justifications of his   erroneous warnings that Hurricane Dorian was threatening Alabama   on Sunday, which created days of ridicule and skepticism, are just the latest example of the president's lifelong reluctance to admit an error, no matter how innocuous.

His fervent, dayslong pushback has displayed not only his prolonged focus on a personal spat but his willingness, notably again late on Thursday, to deploy government staff and resources to justify an inaccurate claim. Presidential proclamations can move markets, rattle world capitals and, in this case, unnecessarily alarm the residents of a state. Trump's relationship with the truth and accountability threatened to, yet again, diminish the weight of any president's words.

"Great presidents admit when they've screwed up, they fix it, and they move on," said presidential historian Jon Meacham. "Right now, it is a mistake about a hurricane hitting a state. But it can also be a far bigger deal and cost people lives and help create a climate where people can't trust the government."

This was far from the first time Trump has refused to admit a mistake. Examples range from the harmless, like his assertion that he had the largest inauguration crowd in history, to the more serious, like his claim of widespread voter fraud in 2016 that led to the establishment of an election commission to try and back up his claim.

This particular Trump tempest, as so often, began with a tweet.

On Sunday, the Republican president warned that Alabama was "most likely to be hit (much) harder than anticipated." By then, however, Alabama faced no threat at all from Dorian, as the National Weather Service quickly declared.

Rather than dropping it, Trump went into overdrive defending his alert, and he was still at it four days later.

On Wednesday,   Trump displayed a map   of Dorian's projected path that showed the cone of uncertainty covering much of Florida but stopping in its panhandle. Until, that is, an extension was added in black marker that covered a swath of Alabama.

The president, who is known for his love of Sharpies, pleaded ignorance about the ad hoc alteration. "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know," he responded when questioned.

That night and the next day, he took to Twitter to again insist that certain storm tracking models proved he was right. He tweeted outdated maps, he pushed White House staff to support his claims and he doubled down — eight times over — on his erroneous forecast.

"In the one model through Florida, the Great State of Alabama would have been hit or grazed," he said in one of the tweets. "What I said was accurate! All Fake News in order to demean!"

Then, late Thursday, the White House put out an official statement from Rear Admiral Peter J. Brown, the president's homeland security and counterterrorism adviser.

It was he, Brown wrote under the White House letterhead, who briefed Trump on Sunday, showing him the official National Hurricane Center forecast but also a number of other models, which "showed possible storm impacts well outside the official forecast cone."

The running controversy, stirred daily by the president, has electrified social media, with #Sharpie trending on Twitter and jokes galore. But, for some, it has become a new referendum on Trump and his fitness for office.

"I'm really worried. I feel sorry for the president," said Democrat Pete Buttigieg, who hopes to take Trump on in the 2020 election. "And that is not the way we should feel about the most powerful figure in this country. Somebody on whose wisdom and judgment our lives literally depend."

But White House allies defended the president and accused the media of preferring to overreact to the blunder rather than focus on the lives still in the storm's way.

"This president gets the worst press of any president in the history of the republic," said Geraldo Rivera, a reporter and Trump confidant. "Everything he says and does is cross-checked and scrutinized to reveal him to be stupid, uninformed or a liar."

Even as the hurricane battered the East Coast, Trump's attention was still on Alabama, repeatedly tweeting old forecasts that suggested Alabama could get hit by the storm.

"Americans are in harm's way and the president is laser-focused on ... covering up a small mistake he made," tweeted former FBI Director James Comey, a noted Trump critic. "Narcissism is not leadership. America deserves better."

Trump has made a career of not acknowledging errors, going full steam ahead even when caught in an error or lie.

"I think apologizing's a great thing, but you have to be wrong," he said in a 2016 interview. "I will absolutely apologize, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if I'm ever wrong."

That approach has, at times, served him well, allowing him to plow though controversies assured that many of his followers choose to trust his word over the press. But critics say it is one thing to claim Trump Tower in Manhattan has 68 stories though by any measure it has 58, and it is another to use government resources and push his staff to reverse-engineer something in an attempt to suggest he was right all along.

After he loudly warned of the dangers of a caravan of migrants in 2018, administration officials cited a terrorism arrest statistic that was proven false. When Trump said he had ready a middle-class tax cut plan before the midterm elections, though nothing had been discussed, officials scrambled to craft a plan. When Trump fumed that the size of his inaugural crowd was reported to be smaller than his predecessor's, White House press secretary Sean Spicer was forced to defend the false claim. And even when Trump mistakenly tweeted the nonsensical word "covfefe" late one night, the president, instead of owning up to a typo or errant message, later sent Spicer to declare, "I think the president and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Trump has owned up to a few mistakes: He apologized, once, for the Access Hollywood tape that captured him boasting about groping women — though he later mused that the audio might be fake. And the mistakes he has made in office were, by his account, the appointments of officials who have let him down, like Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

His attitude is no joke to those who worry about the potential consequences when the matter is far more grave than a weather map.

"The Constitution, with its checks and balances, was drafted on the intellectual foundation that we all make mistakes all the time: a president does, Congress does, the courts do, the people do," said Meacham. "It's remarkable that more harm hasn't come of it. It would be funny if it weren't so serious."

lady in black
Professor Quiet
27  lady in black    5 years ago

69815015_10156672325421409_8962637427151732736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQl8Gb7bvgVW-AWJs6XPMPcXM4jgk4oVZUFEU4FX8ZaC_p_9qWm0RPLI80NRe70F4LY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=1e55fb36f672f84366ec804f7daf2a37&oe=5E01026C

Tessylo
Professor Principal
27.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @27    5 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif good one dear lady!  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
27.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @27    5 years ago

can somebody (possibly Trump)

draw it pissing on him, hell, he probably will!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
27.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @27.2    5 years ago

That's another reason he doesn't have a dog.  In the past they kept trying to bury him

Tacos!
Professor Guide
27.3  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @27    5 years ago

See, that's funny.

Krishna
Professor Expert
27.4  Krishna  replied to  lady in black @27    5 years ago

More like this: HERE

lady in black
Professor Quiet
28  lady in black    5 years ago

eda.png

obama-did-trump-a-sharpie-dont-mix-23042

Krishna
Professor Expert
28.1  Krishna  replied to  lady in black @28    5 years ago

Trump must be mocked for this-- the more the better!

Why? Because he deserves it.

Plus-- it is fun!

The Internet has already begun to realize this . . . 

# SHARPIEGATE TRENDS AS PEOPLE MOCK TRUMP FOR SHOWING HURRICANE DORIAN PATH MAP ALTERED WITH PEN

resident Donald Trump has been widely mocked after he displayed a map showing Hurricane Dorian's projected path in the Oval Office which appeared to have been altered with a marker pen to falsely show it was expected to hit Alabama.

Thousands of people have tweeted using the #Sharpiegate hashtag (alluding to the famous marker pen brand) following the bizarre moment in the White House in which Trump attempted to pass off a  doctored National Hurricane Center map  showing Dorian's projection as genuine in order to back up his previous claims that Alabama could be affected by the powerful storm. (Read it all)

Krishna
Professor Expert
28.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @28.1    5 years ago

Here it is on Twitter: NEWS ABOUT SHARPIEGATE

Krishna
Professor Expert
29  Krishna    5 years ago

Actually there are several sites on Twitter mocking the Buffoon-in-Chief:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
29.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @29    5 years ago

#sharpiegate

Krishna
Professor Expert
29.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @29.1    5 years ago

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
30  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

I love the way Trumpsters are posting maps that they claim prove Trump was right about Dorian blowing Alabama.

Butt Trump was NOT shown any of those maps.

Trump was shown the unaltered NWS map that he decided to "fix" with a Sharpie to back up his error.

Then The Donald proceeded to continually lie about the altered the map.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
31  Raven Wing    5 years ago

Well......it has finally been determined who the culprit of the altered map really is.

The Butler did it.

In the Library.

On the desk.

With a giant sharpie.

Only the Housekeeper had a Clue.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
32  lady in black    5 years ago

trump-sharpie.jpg

EZAVX22CVNAF7FXGL3G64DXC2U.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
32.1  Raven Wing  replied to  lady in black @32    5 years ago

LOL!! That Trumpie is hilarious. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
32.2  Ender  replied to  lady in black @32    5 years ago

lady in black
Professor Quiet
33  lady in black    5 years ago

69522732_2421097197970477_2539841700902207488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQl3Xop9Ul3WA0n1nRzfMUInSJZroezzDwNiHQSH_dxDKdOD75ZzR0UTK1orweojT9k&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=a92ba0d6da975dbc29a400134bf71c9f&oe=5E031948

sixpick
Professor Quiet
34  sixpick    5 years ago

It's amazing how much energy Trump has and how he is able to get so many things accomplished while still dealing with the Media Mafia and those suffering with psychosis.  He was very helpful in retweeting information daily from the National Hurricane Center and with so many followers, many more people were able to get information than probably would have otherwise. 

I was looking at the projected paths of Hurricane Dorian and wanted to provide some of those maps here in this comment.  There are so many it may take more than one comment to accomplish it.  Here is the projected path dated 29 August 2019 at 11am that has so many upset that Trump may have put a little extra projected path that didn't turn out to be accurate.  Although neither was the National Hurricane Center accurate on that day at 11am, as you will see. 

I haven't seen any tweets from him days after the date of this map like I read above.  If there is somewhere they can be found, I would appreciate someone providing them.  I know in this country today, you're either free to do what you want or you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent.  You know the old two sides of justice, destroy evidence and get off or can't find evidence and still guilty, but anyway here's the map in question.

trump-alabama-hurricane-map.jpg

Well, by golly, I sure wouldn't have thought that hurricane would have made a right turn, like it did, based on this projected path on 29 August 2019 11am and neither did the National Hurricane Center, or they would have put it in their projected track, now wouldn't they?  Personally, going by this projected track provided by the National Hurricane Center, I would say it could go all the way across Florida and into the states beyond Florida.  Now keep in mind, Tacos has already provided you with the models map.  Take a look at it.

EDKeIbcX4AAiZbL.jpg

Now if you can't see that, maybe you fit into the category Yuri Bezmenov was referring to when he spoke of those who were unable to see what is right in front of their eyes.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
34.1  sixpick  replied to  sixpick @34    5 years ago

Here are some project tracks.  Look at the dates.

N7QKP7L2FZFITNUDS2RE5GVUQI.png

dorian3.jpg

August-26-weather-tropcal-storm-dorian-track.jpeg

WZBPMR4V5FBIZARR3SI2R5BSII.png

98a5b668-c6f6-48fc-9d33-1373556c5782-Dorian8277am.PNG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

August-28-weather-tropical-storm-dorian-forecast-tracks-national-hurricane-center.jpeg

trump-alabama-hurricane-map.jpg

204603_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind-800x656.png

Hurricane-Dorian-on-Track-for-Florida-after-Strike-in-Caribbean-first-map.jpg

Hurricane-Dorian-cone-map-767x588.png

96900438-61f1-4cfd-a80d-c25438c7e14d-11_pm_dorian_fri.png?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

10dbbc41-c58e-44cc-ad7e-0b996be4511a-Dorian83110a.PNG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Think I'm going to finish off in a new comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
34.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @34.1    5 years ago

All that is nice, but the bottom couple simply prove that Trump was wrong when he made his tweet on Sep. 1 

If he made it on Aug 29 I guess he may have been correct. 

Two days is a pretty wide miss.  There a lot of national crisis where being off by two days would get people killed. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
34.1.2  sixpick  replied to  sixpick @34.1    5 years ago

17962270-7417607-image-a-8_1567408733972.jpg

Hurricane-Dorian-September-2-NOAA-600x492.png

Hurricane_Dorian_11am_Sep_5_2019_track_forecast.png

Now this is what I like.  While the rest of the country was waiting for the hurricane to arrived, not welcoming it, of course, but waiting all the same, CNN viewers got to see it after it had already arrived on 27 August 2019.  The date is in the bottom right.

04d8db05-1ae5-420f-b3e4-ea5421063bf1.jpg

Had to make it bigger so you can see that date. LOL

And judging from the projected path that ABC put out that sucker was liable to go down to South America.

dorian-12-abc-er-190829_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

dorian-track-3-abc-er-190828_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

If you look at your dates and put your thinking cap on some of you will be able to see even in this last picture above at such a late date there's no indication the hurricane was going to make a right turn, at least from ABC.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
34.1.3  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @34.1.1    5 years ago

Where's the tweet John?  I want to see it.  I heard him talk about it, actually defending the map, but that was 29 August 2019 at 11am and that projected map had the possibility of the hurricane going anywhere including the whole state of Florida all the way down to the keys.  I think Tacos showed you the models that Trump also provided.  All he did was defend himself against his accusers who have gone off the deep end.

Let me ask you, was all the good he did wiped out by putting a little hypothesis of the possibility of a the path it may take based on the latest projected path provided by the National Hurricane Center at the time he did it.  You know, well maybe you don't know, but this is such petty crap I don't think many are aware of the damage they are doing to themselves by coming up with such crap.

I don't mean you so much as the Democrats in general.  I know they had 3 legs in the door and with the election of the bag lady Utopia was theirs, but don't worry.  I think the country is ready for Utopia, Socialism, Totalitarianism, Communism or whatever you want to call it.  After years of movements in that direction, there are about enough old folks who have lost their minds and many of the young people have been indoctrinated in the school systems, I mean, searching out the Marxist Professors and all we will get what we have allowed to grow and fester.

CB
Professor Principal
34.1.4  CB  replied to  sixpick @34.1.2    5 years ago

That is what we have weather 'casters' and million dollar weather 'crafts' for,  to inform the public - not just maps themselves - through numerous updated telecasts weather services will tell what they are certain of and what is UNCERTAIN. Being that I followed the 'narrative' hurricane forecast coverages, I was fully warned that they were EXPECTING Hurricane Dorian was 'due to stall' because it was losing its steering "HIGH" which was driving it forward and westward and that it was likely in time turn East and UP as a steering current coming into (the frame) from the West. Everything depending on which HIGH would break down first.

Presidents, by definition, have better sources and access to data than me! People look to the head, or at least, they will listen to the head, because he is supposed to be trustworthy and true in his pronouncements. This rather stupid man could not resist the error of being uninformed and backwards at the time when (he did not even have to speak) all eyes were trained on an incoming disaster!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
34.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @34.1.3    5 years ago
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

Sep 1

In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
34.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @34.1.3    5 years ago
Let me ask you, was all the good he did wiped out by putting a little hypothesis of the possibility of a the path it may take based on the latest projected path provided by the National Hurricane Center at the time he did it. 

The problem with what you are saying here is that it simply is not true.  

"a little hypothesis of the possibility of a the path it may take based on the latest projected path provided by the National Hurricane Center at the time he did it. "

That is absolutely not true, and I dont know why people like you and Tacos keep saying it.  Trump is the president of the United States. He should not be giving his followers stale information about the weather emergencies, even if the effect of it was mostly harmless.  When he said on Sep 1st that the hurricane would likely hit Alabama hard, that prediction had already been superseded by new projections , the previous two days.  I really dont know whats so hard to understand about this. 

Of course it all could have went by without a big controversy except Trump started crying about how unfair he was being treated.  He made a mistake. He gave out outdated information.  Just suck it up and go on to the next thing, dont bring a doctored map into a press conference. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
34.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @34.1.3    5 years ago
I think the country is ready for Utopia, Socialism, Totalitarianism, Communism or whatever you want to call it.  After years of movements in that direction, there are about enough old folks who have lost their minds and many of the young people have been indoctrinated in the school systems, I mean, searching out the Marxist Professors and all we will get what we have allowed to grow and fester.

Now that you're back on Newstalkers , you and Badfish and a couple of the other ones obsessed with the red menace can get together and have an anti-communist drum circle. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
34.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @34.1.6    5 years ago
'That is absolutely not true, and I dont know why people like you and Tacos keep saying it.'

Me either and it's getting on my last fucking goddamned nerve.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
34.1.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @34.1.3    5 years ago
I don't mean you so much as the Democrats in general.  I know they had 3 legs in the door and with the election of the bag lady Utopia was theirs, but don't worry.  I think the country is ready for Utopia, Socialism, Totalitarianism, Communism or whatever you want to call it.  After years of movements in that direction, there are about enough old folks who have lost their minds and many of the young people have been indoctrinated in the school systems, I mean, searching out the Marxist Professors and all we will get what we have allowed to grow and fester.

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
34.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @34.1.3    5 years ago
Quit posting your off topic nonsense bullshit.  
You and Tacos

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
34.2  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @34    5 years ago

Nice to see you Sixpick. 

However you should quit this line of thought while you are "ahead" . 

There are maps from Aug 30 and Aug 31st that show the path changing to the north and away from Alabama. Those maps were public prior to Trumps tweet on Sunday Sep 1 where he gave his warning about Alabama. 

Then he compounded it the next Wednesday by bringing out a map in the oval office that was 8 days old at the time, to "prove" something or other which was unprovable. 

Trump is a bamboozler. It is his main lot in life.

CB
Professor Principal
34.2.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @34.2    5 years ago

Are there no 'handlers,' no staff-assists? No one to stop his "highness" from setting a state on the march? It is plain and simple, President Trump does not listen to informed people, and thus he fhits and turns and step in it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
35  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Says the guy who carries a black sharpie that he signs EO's with.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
36  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Trump shares bizarre cat meme about his altered hurricane map

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-News.jpg   Kadia Tubman   15 hours ago  

89086cd0-d278-11e9-b7d5-94f3df1ad163 Screenshot: Yahoo News President Trump prolonged a  weeklong controversy  over the projected path of Hurricane Dorian, sharing a cat video late Saturday night that mocked coverage of his incorrect claims about the storm’s path.

The meme, which was originally shared by a pro-Trump Twitter account with the caption, “Live look at CNN,” showed the president holding a forecast map while a cat plays with a laser pointer to the instrumental tune of “Yakety Sax.”

As of Sunday, the storm has been blamed for at least 50 deaths, predominantly in the Bahamas, which bore the brunt of the destruction. Tens of thousands of people have been left homeless.

The tweet was just in the latest in Trump’s relentless, weeklong Twitter broadsides against the media for its coverage of his false claims last Sunday that Alabama was in the storm’s path.

That day, Trump  claimed  on Twitter that Alabama would “most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated” despite official reports that stated otherwise. Trump then told reporters that it looked like Alabama would “get a piece” of the storm.

At the time, National Weather Service’s (NWS) projections had Alabama in the clear as Dorian curved northward off the East Coast.

But even after the NWS station in Birmingham quickly  refuted  Trump’s claim, the president  refused to concede  he was wrong about the forecast. (The NOAA, parent organization of the NWS,  faced blowback from meteorologists  when it later disavowed the Birmingham correction.)

The controversy reached new heights last Wednesday, when Trump displayed to reporters a map that appeared to have been altered with a black marker to include Alabama in the hurricane’s path.

c78f3330-d278-11e9-bfff-45971741c32f President Trump references a map held by acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan while talking to reporters following a briefing from officials about Hurricane Dorian. (Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

According to the  Washington Post , a top NOAA official warned its staff against contradicting Trump.

“In an agencywide directive sent Sept. 1 to National Weather Service personnel,” it reported, “staff was told to ‘only stick with official National Hurricane Center forecasts if questions arise from some national level social media posts which hit the news this afternoon’” and advised to not “provide any opinion” on the issue.

Trump’s cat-meme tweet followed his  announcement  that he had called off a secret Camp David meeting for "peace negotiations" with Taliban and Afghanistan leaders.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
36.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @36    5 years ago

The cat is looking at the map so it is a cat scan.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
37  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago
U.S.

John Oliver Brutally Mocks Trump Over Alabama Map Sharpie Stunt

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_daily_beast.png.cf.jpg   By marlow.stern@thedailybeast.com (Marlow Stern), The Daily Beast   8 hours ago  

e35343be7b04043bc5b1b2416106265a HBO

After a month-long break,   John Oliver   returned to   Last Week Tonight   and immediately confronted the most absurd news of the week: Sharpiegate, wherein President Donald Trump “spent seemingly the entire week desperately trying to prove he was in the right when he claimed last Sunday Alabama was one of the states most likely to be hit by Hurricane Dorian—an effort that included 10 tweets and this incredible moment.”

Yes, Trump presented a map of the storm path to the press that had clearly been altered with a black Sharpie to convey that Alabama was in its path. And, when Trump was pressed on the alteration during a presser, he not-so-convincingly responded, “I don’t know… I don’t know… I don’t know…”

“Really? You don’t know? Are you sure about that? You don’t think that   you   might have done it?!” asked Oliver. “I gotta say, for someone who lies so constantly, it’s genuinely astounding how bad he is at it. There is a non-zero chance that, if he loses every state next year, he’ll claim he’s won by standing in front of a fully blue map with the word ‘RED’ written on it and Sharpie stains on his fingers.”

As a White House aide confessed   to   The Washington Post , it was Trump who tweaked the map because “no one else writes like that on a map with a black Sharpie.”

John Oliver on His Immigration Battle Against Trump: ‘Their Actions Have Been Heinous’

Stephen Colbert Mocks Trump for Consoling ‘Imaginary’ Alabama Hurricane Victims

“Of course they don’t! Trump is notorious for using Sharpies to fix things he doesn’t like,” said Oliver, before throwing to a printed-out   Vanity Fair   article by Juli Weiner, a current writer on   Last Week Tonight,   that had been marked up like mad in a Sharpie by none other than Trump.

“This is my favorite part: circling her name and writing next to it ‘bad writer,’” offered Oliver, before joking, “And look, to be fair to him, I’ve been saying the same thing to her for six years but I don’t do it in Sharpie, I do it by ruthlessly demanding endless rewrites and being generally withholding of praise—like a professional!”

Read more at The Daily Beast.

Rolling Stone

NOAA Staff Instructed Not to Contradict the President’s Sharpie Hurricane Forecasts

db719b40-5837-11e6-9036-e7be167f9571_RS_64x64.png.cf.jpg   Peter Wade, Rolling Stone   17 hours ago  

After President   Donald Trump   falsely claimed in a tweet that   Hurricane Dorian   would hit the state of Alabama “(much) harder than anticipated,”   National Weather Service   staff were directed not to contradict his assertion. In an agencywide directive, employees were instructed to “only stick with official National Hurricane Center forecasts if questions arise from some national level social media posts which hit the news this afternoon” and encouraged not to “provide any opinion,” according to an email obtained by the   Washington Post .

An anonymous   NOAA   meteorologist told the  Post  that the directive was interpreted to be a reaction to a tweet sent by the National Weather Service’s office in Birmingham saying the president was incorrect.

“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian,” NWS Birmingham   said in the tweet . “We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east.”

The meteorologist said this directive was the first of its kind he’d ever received. “This is the first time I’ve felt pressure from above to not say what truly is the forecast,” the meteorologist said. “It’s hard for me to wrap my head around. One of the things we train on is to dispel inaccurate rumors and ultimately that is what was occurring — ultimately what the Alabama office did is provide a forecast with their tweet, that is what they get paid to do.”

Another similar message was disseminated after the president held a press conference in the Oval Office   displaying an altered map of the hurricane’s path   drawn on the official August 29 forecast with a black permanent marker.

A NWS spokesperson told the  Post  that “NWS leadership sent this guidance to field staff so they (and the entire agency) could maintain operational focus on Dorian and other severe weather hazards without distraction.”

Later that week, on Friday, NOAA issued a public statement supporting the president’s claim about Alabama and scolding the Birmingham office. “Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time,” the statement said.

According to Jane Lubchenco, Obama’s NOAA administrator, the agency is acting to help the president save face rather than focusing on providing accurate information.

“This looks like classic politically motivated obfuscation to justify inaccurate statements made by the boss,” she said. “It is truly sad to see political appointees undermining the superb, lifesaving work of NOAA’s talented and dedicated career servants.”