GOP Official Wants To Stop 'Gun-Grabber' Mark Kelly 'Dead In His Tracks'

Via:  tessylo  •  2 weeks ago  •  42 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Sebastian Murdock, HuffPost   1 hour 28 minutes ago  

5d728b8e230000500051261c.jpg

A GOP official in Arizona sent out a fundraising email saying she would stop a Senate candidate whose wife is a former congresswoman and shooting survivor “dead in his tracks.”

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” chairwoman of the Republican Party Kelli Ward said in a fundraising email Friday.

Kelly, a former astronaut, is running for a Senate seat against incumbent Republican Martha McSally. His wife, former  Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.)  was shot in the head during a mass shooting in 2011 that left six others dead.

Ward’s email cites a 2015 CNN interview in which Kelly argued that more guns make people less safe,  Bloomberg reported.  Ward, a strong supporter of President Donald Trump and the NRA, made news earlier this year when it was revealed she enlisted the help of a volunteer who had posted racist messages on social media,  AZ Central reported.

Ward did not immediately respond to a request for comment from HuffPost.   

This article originally appeared on  HuffPost .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Tessylo
1  seeder  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

Fucking nasty bitch.  

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

WallyW
1.1.1  WallyW  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

CometRider
1.1.2  CometRider  replied to  WallyW @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

CometRider
1.2  CometRider  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_92_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  CometRider @1.2    2 weeks ago

[Deleted]

bbl-1
1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 weeks ago

No.  She's just carrying the water for the ungrateful minority.

lady in black
2  lady in black    2 weeks ago

I'll second that she's a nasty bitch.  I get what she is doing, but she could have worded it better.  Her words are akin to death wishing Mark Kelly.  

What is with gop women, are they brainless twits with limited vocabulary. 

Freedom Warrior
2.1  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @2    2 weeks ago

Frozen stiff in his path doesn't have the same ring to it.

Vic Eldred
3  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
4  Just Jim NC TttH    2 weeks ago

She didn't speak artfully...............and on a side note, why do people always ALWAYS take the worst of a comment and twist it so hard. Gotta be a victim right "friends". 15 of your favorites............

" But the level of vitriol and violent rhetoric against now-President Trump has increased substantially in recent weeks, from comedian Kathy Griffin’s now-famous shock “beheading” photograph to Shakespeare in the Park’s not-at-all-subtle “assassination” of Trump on a stage in New York City’s Central Park. "

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2017/06/14/15-times-celebrities-envisioned-violence-against-trump-and-the-gop/

And spare me the but, but, but Brietbart and dispute the actual "events".

Vic Eldred
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 weeks ago

Learn to behave on my seeds or stay away.

Tessylo
4.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 weeks ago

This 'president' deserves every bit of pushback and criticism sent his way.  He doesn't like the truth, which he calls fake news.

Your breitfart piece is two years old.   

😜

Ed-NavDoc
5  Ed-NavDoc    2 weeks ago

I fully respect Captain Kelly for his military achievements as a Naval Aviator and the Astronaut Program. I do not however share his political views. By the same token, I cannot stand Kelly Ward's politics either. She was raised a spoiled entitled rich kid physician from the Scottsdale area next to Phoenix, AZ. A majority of the people in the Phoenix area and the state cannot stand her.

Split Personality
5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    2 weeks ago

Thank you for staying on the topic Ed.

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
7  igknorantzrulz    2 weeks ago

No Class whatsoever, no matter how you slice it.

Gabby Giffords and candidate husband, have lived through a very near death living hell, and her husband being singled out with those words included in fundraiser are beneath ANY worthy candidate option.

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” chairwoman of the Republican Party Kelli Ward said in a fundraising email Friday."

WTF people ?  F U Can't C A Problem here, U most likely R part of said problem !

I don't want my guns taken away, but this is ridiculous !  just my oh so humble opine

Tessylo
8  seeder  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

No one is trying to take anyone's guns away.  Just looking for responsible legislation.  Not loosening regulations as the NRA does after every goddamned mass shooting 

Ed-NavDoc
8.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @8    2 weeks ago

How does the NRA is loosen regulations? Last I knew, only our elected officials could so that.

Tessylo
8.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1    2 weeks ago

The 'president' gave lip service to doing something until his other boss, the Russian money launderers, the NRA, told him Nyet

Ed-NavDoc
8.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    2 weeks ago

Uh huh...

Dulay
8.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1    2 weeks ago
How does the NRA is loosen regulations? Last I knew, only our elected officials could so that.

Is it your posit that the NRA is utterly ineffective in their multimillion dollar lobbying pursuits? Seems to me that the NRA invested quite a bit to 'loosen regulations' in Texas and were quite successful, at least judging from the fact that Abbot signed NRA backed legislation that took effect just after the El Paso mass shooting. 

Ed-NavDoc
8.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dulay @8.1.3    2 weeks ago

I never said anything as my posit. I simply answered somebody else's comment and that speaks for itself. You know exactly what I said and what I meant, so please don't try to put your words in my mouth. You have a good day.

Dulay
8.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1.4    one week ago
I never said anything as my posit.

That's why I asked the question. 

I simply answered somebody else's comment and that speaks for itself.

Ditto. 

You know exactly what I said and what I meant,

Since you 'never said anything as a posit' you must not have meant much. 

so please don't try to put your words in my mouth.

Asking you a question isn't putting words in your mouth Ed. 

You have a good day.

Already have. 

Tacos!
9  Tacos!    2 weeks ago

I don't know anything about the lady who said this, but it is a pretty common turn of phrase. I have heard it many many times and not once did I think it sounded like some kind of threat or inappropriate reference. This language is particularly common in political speech. It seems very political to get too terribly bent out of shape over this.

igknorantzrulz
9.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 weeks ago

if your wife were SHOT IN THE HEAD, and your opponent says you, the GUN GRABBER, you'll be stopped dead in your tracks.

how do you think your wife, who is permanently disfigured and handicapped due to being ALMOST SHOT DEAD IN HER TRACKS,  would feel ??

Tacos!
9.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.1    2 weeks ago

Really? Do you see Kelly whining about it?

Split Personality
9.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.1    2 weeks ago

He's smart enough to leave it hang in the wind.....for now.

nothing he can say will make Ward look any less callous.

Tacos!
9.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.2    2 weeks ago
He's smart enough to leave it hang in the wind

Or mature/rational enough.

Tessylo
9.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 weeks ago

Regarding twisting, is there nothing the gop con gun humpers do that you won't defend?

Tacos!
9.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @9.3    2 weeks ago
Regarding twisting

I didn't say anything about twisting. You're confused again.

Tessylo
9.3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9.3.1    2 weeks ago

Bent out of shape - twisting  - potato - potatoe

Tacos!
9.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @9.3.2    2 weeks ago

You just don't have any idea how comical it is to watch you guys get so pissed about ordinary shit.

Tessylo
9.3.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9.3.3    2 weeks ago

This isn't ordinary shit, for Democrats but for the cons, it's the same shit different day. Whatever appeals to their rabid supporters 

Split Personality
9.4  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @9    2 weeks ago

Oh come on, it's like a President making a consolation call to the widow of an American hero killed overseas and he says, " but hey, he knew what he was signing up for" ( paraphrasing), like it was the soldiers fault or expectation to die in the line of duty.

The comment " dead in his tracks" to Kelly was ill conceived and "unfortunate" due to Arizona's very keen awareness of the Gifford - Kelly history in Arizona politics.

Common or not, Ward was ill advised to use this in a public statement.

Joking about death & bloody politics is inappropriate any time.

Tacos!
9.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @9.4    2 weeks ago
Oh come on, it's like

No, it's actually not "like" whatever apocalyptic scenario you want to imagine. It's a common metaphor. Have you seriously never heard it before?

Split Personality
9.4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @9.4.1    one week ago
It's a common metaphor.

It used to be. Especially among police describing perps.

Ward's use to the Kelly/Giffard family is just as Ed said, more evidence of a socially insensitive person with a BS, MD and PHD who has no business in politics. imho.

bbl-1
10  bbl-1    2 weeks ago

As far as Kelli Ward, failed US Senate candidate;  She would have been much more 'adult like' had she not attacked Mark Kelly in such a manner and simply explained to everybody just exactly what her positions are on weapons and why she believes her positions are the best way for Americans.

Ward obviously is unable to cogently explain her positions.  To attack and instill fear and suspicion only proves she unlearned on consequences many people fell on this issue.

I am a Vietnam veteran.  Personally I do not believe my neighbors or myself have any need what-so-ever for a weapon like the M-16 I was issued in that war so many years ago.  I have weapons.  Pistols.  Shotguns.  Rifles.  Bows.  Swords.  Spears.  Knives.  I am fine with that. 

Split Personality
10.1  Split Personality  replied to  bbl-1 @10    one week ago

She also flagrantly plagiarized a Mitt Romney ad during her campaign against John McCain.

She also has ties to Bannon and Breitbart and has appeared on Info Wars with Alex Jones.

Mitch McConnell's PAC nick named her "Chemtrail Kelli" because of her conspiracy theory beliefs...

Gee, if Mitch doesn't want you on his team, why bother...

Ronin2
11  Ronin2    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
12  seeder  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

Ward is one batshit crazy bitch.  Seems to be a requirement for no class skanks like her

bbl-1
12.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @12    one week ago

Yeah.  GOPER broad which wants judges that will shovel more money to the corporate and take away the birth control.