╌>

Brown trout caught at Lake Taneycomo sets new Missouri record

Category:  Fields and Streams

Via:  sparty-on  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Brown trout caught at Lake Taneycomo sets new Missouri record

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Missouri man just became the new state record-holder for brown trout, hauling in a 40-pound, 6-ounce fish at Lake Taneycomo in Branson on Wednesday using a pole and line.

The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) said Bill Babler of Blue Eye, which is just north of the Missouri-Arkansas border, became the new record-holder after it verified his catch on a certified scale in Branson.

width="1" height="1">

The fish was 41.25 inches long and had a girth of 28 inches, T he Springfield News-Leader reported.

Bill Babler, left, holding the new state-record brown trout with his friend, Ryan Titus. The fish was caught Wednesday at Lake Taneycomo, weighing in at 40 pounds, 6 ounces. (Missouri Department of Conservation)

Babler told the newspaper he’d been out fishing only for a few minutes when he caught the brown trout.
“As soon as I set the hook, it came to the top and I knew we had a good fish on,” Babler said. “We positioned the boat in an unobstructed area. It was pulling drag pretty good!”
Babler said he tried to keep the fish alive in an aerated tank, but it died before it could be released.
The fish was eight or nine years old, fisheries management biologist Shane Bush said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    5 years ago

Check out this hog!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Sparty On @1    5 years ago

You sure are not going to catch that on your property.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    5 years ago

lol, nope but certainly nice eating smaller ones

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @1    5 years ago

Wow,

but i would need to know if it did, giggle, before it went to the great hatchery in the sky?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Who says there's nothing to do in Missouri!  

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

Holy Mackerel....I've fished Tannycomo dozens and dozens of times. I lived only a few miles from it.

I've seen some big Brown's come out of there (a couple in the 20 lb range) but nothing even close to this monster.

Tannycomo is a great rainbow trout lake as well. The water temp rarely gets above 60 degrees. The lake is fed by Table Rock Lake and the TRL damn. When water is released from Table Rock its from 180 feet. Damn cold water which is great for Trout. 

Here is a great photo of Tannycomo....The dam is what creates great fishing in Tannycomo....That is Table Rock Lake above the dam. All 875 miles of shoreline. Tannycomo is the lower lake that is much more like a river than a lake.

lake-taneycomo.jpg

TTGA
Professor Silent
3.1  TTGA  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago
I've seen some big Brown's come out of there (a couple in the 20 lb range) but nothing even close to this monster.

Doggone, and I used to think that two pounds was a pretty good sized Brown.  All this time, I've been fishing for them in the wrong State.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  TTGA @3.1    5 years ago
Doggone, and I used to think that two pounds was a pretty good sized Brown. 

LOL, that's bait size in Tannycomo, TTGA.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  TTGA @3.1    5 years ago

That's a HUGE Brown.  

Bigger than the biggest King i've caught and that is saying something ..... 36+ lb's  .....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.2    5 years ago
Bigger than the biggest King i've caught and that is saying something

My friends wife had the biggest king in the tournament this weekend, like 29.9 pounds. she ended up getting beat by .6 pounds.

Their is a lot of hogs this year.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

Ho-Lee Crap that's a big trout! I didn't even imagine a brown could get that big.