Memorial Cross Victory

Via:  cb  •  2 months ago  •  19 comments

Memorial Cross Victory
What's Next?"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Let me be perfectly clear. I have no good use for the American Center for Law and Justice, its founder Jay Sekulow, and his son Jordan Sekulow.

Hey! Are you aware Jay Sekulow is currently President Trump's personal lawyer. How about that!

I have been listening to "the Center" on my car radio for quite some time (off and on); and,  I finally think it is time for us to take stock of what these individuals are saying and doing in and to America. The Center has been a big player in nearly every election since indefinitely. It will be an even bigger player in the 2020 Trump White House campaign.

Upon going to their site for the first time, I am totally blown away that this first video I would select to bring front and center has to do with atheists. That was not the plan - I repeat - not intended. Still, it seems appropriate in its own way.

Check it out and leave a comment below, please!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

CB
1  seeder  CB     2 months ago

Jay Sekulow is currently President Trump's personal lawyer. How about that!

arkpdx
1.1  arkpdx  replied to  CB @1    2 months ago

So what?

CB
1.1.1  seeder  CB   replied to  arkpdx @1.1    2 months ago

So what?

Well I know, because I listen to ACLJ broadcasting, that several of President Trump's executive orders (national policy) smack of ACLJ advisement to the President. I can know this, because Jay or Jordan Sekulow, 'alert' on their daily show. This amounts to first-person input from a call-in radio syndicated show piped directly into the White House and to a sitting President.

It is a big (access) deal!

dave-2693993
2  dave-2693993    2 months ago

I am from the area.

The Peace Cross was built on private ground at the time and was a memorial to those from the community and surrounding area who died in WWI. No fuss no muss.

Along the way Princes Georges county, wound up with the property for whatever reason.

OMG, it's a religious symbol on "public property". Hmmm? Maybe I should throw every coin and dollar bill I have in the trash. Official US items stating "In God We Trust".

The plain simple fact of the matter:

The Peace Cross was built on private ground at the time and was a memorial to those from the community and surrounding area who died in WWI. No fuss no muss.

Some just can't keep their eye focused on the target.

CB
2.1  seeder  CB   replied to  dave-2693993 @2    2 months ago

I thank you for insight from close up! 

FLYNAVY1
3  FLYNAVY1    2 months ago

It's a memorial to those that sacrificed.... leave it alone.  Just keep in mind that not all those that paid the ultimate price, were Christians.

Heartland American
4  Heartland American    2 months ago

The ACLJ is simply the conservative alternative to the ACLU much like AMAC is to the AARP and CWA is for the NOW. 

CB
4.1  seeder  CB   replied to  Heartland American @4    2 months ago

Written so matter-of-factly. It's simple, is it?

Sparty On
5  Sparty On    2 months ago

Angry Atheists ..... yeah, that pretty much covers the problem.

CB
5.1  seeder  CB   replied to  Sparty On @5    2 months ago

Frankly, I have to admit I was taken aback to hear the mention of "cutting the arms off the cross," implying the memorial can keep the rest of it's handicapped form.

Sparty On
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.1    2 months ago

i suggest just getting over it ..... don't look at it, etc, etc ..... whatever it takes ....  

You'll live a much longer and happier life.

CB
5.1.2  seeder  CB   replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 months ago

I am not bothered by any cross or its meaning, Sparty On.

Sparty On
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.1.2    2 months ago

Good to know.   Then you should have no problem with this cross CB.

Awesome for you!

CB
5.1.4  seeder  CB   replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    2 months ago

I do not have a problem with this cross. Though, I must admit. Sometimes "the faithful" can be aggressive in placing 'materials' in public places. This one not so much. Also, thank you for reminding me that I have the ACLJ to 'attend to'!

Another 'case' article coming soon! (Smile.) I'm playing catch up today!

Sparty On
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.1.4    2 months ago
Though, I must admit. Sometimes "the faithful" can be aggressive in placing 'materials' in public places.

The same can be true of those who lack "faith" when it comes to fighting anything faith related in public.   I find that the majority (with faith or not) could really care less and are willingly to live and let live.

This falls under my 10% rule.   It's the extreme 10% on the left and right who have these problems.   Not the 80% in the middle.

CB
5.1.6  seeder  CB   replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    2 months ago
This falls under my 10% rule.   It's the extreme 10% on the left and right who have these problems.   Not the 80% in the middle.

Interesting. Point of order: Would that be the 80/20 rule of life? It really does sicken me that the extremists have delayed compromise in our country, at this time when we can really use it. (Although, when can we not use compromise in the common marketplace?)

Sparty On
5.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.1.6    2 months ago
Would that be the 80/20 rule of life?

I think it is .... give or take a few percentage points.

Might be getting a little worse in this age of everyone gets a participation trophy in life.   I think that's a big reason more people seem to be snapping these days.   Once they grow up and leave the land of the participation trophy they realize the real world doesn't work that way some of them can't take it.

But hey, that's just my opinion.   I could be wrong.

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    2 months ago

This was always a dumb case. It's a little disappointing this was a 7-2 decision and not 9-0 but I guess we'll take what we can get.

CB
7  seeder  CB     2 months ago

Interesting (all).