╌>

Trump's Most Reprehensible Lie

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

Trump's Most Reprehensible Lie

I think you could make a reasonable argument that Trump should have been denied Americans votes in 2016 based just on a statement that he made during one of the GOP debates that year. 

It has been called Trump's most grievous lie. 

In a mid February debate, Trump said the following

How did he (George W Bush) keep us safe when the World Trade Center — the World — excuse me. I lost hundreds of friends . The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush. He kept us safe? That is not safe. That is not safe, Marco. That is not safe

Shortly thereafter the conservative website Red State said the following

Two days after Donald Trump claimed that he “lost hundreds of friends” at the World Trade Center as a result of the 9/11 attack, his campaign continued to ignore a Daily Beast request that he name even one.
With silence comes the possibility that Trump told the most reprehensible lie of the campaign , just a few breaths from when he called both Sen. Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush liars.

By his math, Trump is trying to tell us that at least one in 10 of the 2,983 who died on 9/11 were his friends.

“If he has hundreds of friends, he should be able to tell us about them,” said a Port Authority police officer who never talks about how many comrades he lost. “If he can tell us about the hundreds of friends he lost, who they were, what kind of person they were, I might have some respect for him.”

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/17/donald-trump-lies-knowing-911-victims-just-everything-else/

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
The cop also wonders why nobody seems to recall seeing Trump at the seemingly endless funerals that followed the attack. The FDNY, which had lost 343 members, had so many funerals and memorials in those dark days that the city asked citizens to attend them to fill the churches.

“I don’t remember Trump at any of them,” the cop noted. “Not even the ones that were held at St. Patrick’s, which were right down the block.”

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

If there was no financial gain for Trump to show, he was a no show.  Besides, he was too busy watching all the people dance in the street, which never happened.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Trump doesn't have, nor ever had hundreds of friends. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    5 years ago

Took the words out of  my mouth, tRump doesn't have any friends at all.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    5 years ago
Trump doesn't have, nor ever had hundreds of friends.

There's always Putin and Kim Jong-Un, but other than them and a few other dictators....none.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
We could not find a record of Trump donating to 9/11 charities after the attacks (though he did donate to the 9/11 Museum amid the 2016 campaign). Trump did pledge to make a $10,000 donation to the Twin Towers Fund as part of a drive led by Howard Stern, the  New York Daily News  reported. 

The office of the New York City comptroller looked into donors to the Twin Towers Fund and the New York City Public/Private Initiatives, Inc., within a year of the 9/11 attacks. (The probe was limited to a year because most donations came in the immediate months of 9/11, the office has said.)

The review showed Trump did not make a $10,000 donation to those funds, the New York Daily News reported. 

The White House and Trump campaign did not comment.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3  katrix    5 years ago

And Trump has been whining on Twitter as usual today - can't even take a break from his ego on this one day.