╌>

Marianne Williamson Caught on Hot Mic: ‘Fox News Is Nicer to Me Than the Lefties’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  17 comments

Marianne Williamson Caught on Hot Mic: ‘Fox News Is Nicer to Me Than the Lefties’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Wrap

d98c5a50-ab56-11e6-a23e-95cc0b3b3453_The   Lindsey Ellefson, The Wrap   21 minutes ago  

9e7b6b29505054ac3effb4108e66b9ba

Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson became the latest public figure to experience a hot mic gaffe during an appearance on Eric Bolling’s Sinclair show last week when she told an aide, “Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties.”

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?” she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. “What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It’s such a bizarre world. I’m such a lefty — I mean, I’m a serious lefty — but I understand why people on the right call them ‘godless.’ I didn’t think the left is as mean as the right. They are.”

Before bringing her back on this week to address her comments, Bolling dedicated a segment of “America This Week” to notable hot mic moments from the past, hitting former President Barack Obama and MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, among others, for theirs. After playing a clip of President Trump on a hot mic, Bolling heralded him as “not your typical politician.”

Bolling said holding off on publishing the comments and giving Williamson a chance to respond isn’t “100% by the journalism book,” but as “an opinion person” and “a good person,” he wanted to give her the opportunity.

“What I was told was if I came on your show, you wouldn’t blast it out,” Williamson said. “And you just blasted it out, so I don’t even know where to go with that. The whole point of a hot mic is, you know — why did you just blast it out?”

Bolling told her he spoke to her campaign staff and informed them that journalistically, Sinclair would have to release the comments. He held them off, he claimed, to give Williamson the chance to respond.

“I was told differently,” she said before saying, “I have found it’s tough out there and I was just talking about the fact that that day, you know, you were certainly very kind to me. Listen, many people on the left are very kind to me.”

A representative for Williamson’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for clarification.

This isn’t the first time Bolling’s show has made headlines. Well over a month into her new gig, Stephanie Grisham did her first television interview as White House press secretary on “America This Week,” bypassing Fox News for rival right-leaning network Sinclair.

Read original story   Marianne Williamson Caught on Hot Mic: ‘Fox News Is Nicer to Me Than the Lefties’   At TheWrap

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Batshit crazy bitch.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

I vowed to vote for whoever became the Democratic nominee.  Good Lord I hope it's not this crazy bitch.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson became the latest public figure to experience a hot mic gaffe during an appearance on Eric Bolling’s Sinclair show last week when she told an aide, “Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties.”

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?” she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. “What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It’s such a bizarre world. I’m such a lefty — I mean, I’m a serious lefty — but I understand why people on the right call them ‘godless.’ I didn’t think the left is as mean as the right. They are.”

Backpedaling bitch

“I was told differently,” she said before saying, “I have found it’s tough out there and I was just talking about the fact that that day, you know, you were certainly very kind to me. Listen, many people on the left are very kind to me.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I like Marianne Williamson. I dont think she's as crazy as people say. Eccentric? yeah. 

She has made some good points and has brought something to the campaign.  She's not going to be president though. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

I think she's crazy. My god, the things she believes are absolutely whacko.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  katrix @4.1    5 years ago

She's a new age guru. Self help and "spirituality". 

I was actually was afraid she would be much kookier in the debates and in interviews than she has turned out to be. 

I'll put it like this, if the only choice was Williamson or Trump, I'm taking Williamson.  She would have a good cabinet and good advisers. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1.2  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago

She's against mandatory vaccinations - she suggested that we could use the power of our minds to make Dorian move its path (not that it's really any kookier than those who prayed, of course) - but of course I'd vote for her against Trump if it came down to it. Hell, I'd vote for most Newstalkers over Trump if it came down to it.

She's crazy, but not as crazy as Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

She has made some good points but this talking about 'leftie' nonsense has made me hope that she is not the nominee.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

She's fucking weird, perfect for the GOP. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6  Sunshine    5 years ago

Tulsi Gabbard would agree.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

Though I don't really think her comments were much of a gaffe, it seems rude to publish her comments. They were clearly private and not actually newsworthy.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7.1  Snuffy  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

I actually chuckled when I read the story. After all she's running for the democratic nomination. With the current state of party politics, did she really think that while running against other democrats they were going to be nice and actually only talk about what they would do if they won the nomination? It's been my experience watching these things that most politicians could give pigs a run for their money with the amount of mud that gets thrown around.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1.1  katrix  replied to  Snuffy @7.1    5 years ago
It's been my experience watching these things that most politicians could give pigs a run for their money with the amount of mud that gets thrown around.

What gets me is that they don't seem to understand that all the mud they sling at each other while fighting to be on the ballot for the general election ... means their opponents have all that ammo to use against them in the general. It actually hurts their party. But then, the GOP and DNC cause this crap, so I can't feel much sympathy for them. Especially the way they like to disenfranchise their own voters - the GOP is cancelling primaries so Trump won't have to face any competition from other Republicans, and the DNC pulls the same crap when the incumbent President is a Dem.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8  Jack_TX    5 years ago
“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?” she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. 

It says that you might actually be sane and/or intelligent.  Congratulations.  Keep it up and you'll be a moderate before you know it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Fux 'news'