╌>

Castro on feisty Biden exchange: 'I wasn't taking a shot at his age'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  71 comments

Castro on feisty Biden exchange: 'I wasn't taking a shot at his age'
"I wasn't taking a shot at his age, I was taking a shot at the fact that he had just said the words 'buy in,' you would have to 'buy in,' "

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

White House hopeful Julián Castro defended his attack on Joe Biden in the latest Democratic debate, insisting he was not targeting the former vice president's age during a feisty exchange on health care.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

"I wasn't taking a shot at his age"

Yes you were you Moron....and YOU were even "FLAT OUT WRONG" in what you thought Joe said !

"During the next segment, Karl joined ABC’s coverage and found that after reviewing the transcript, “ Julian Castro was just flatly wrong … It seemed to me that Biden was right and that Castro mischaracterized what he said.”

Apparently …..AGE isn't always a precursor to a  degree in "Moron" !

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Well You have to admit it was the only interesting part of the debate other than free shit and more taxes.

It amazes me that with all these "Progressives" we have on this site none of them discuss the performance of their favorite candidates, I hate President Trump isn't going to win elections.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    5 years ago
Well You have to admit it was the only interesting part of the debate other than free shit and more taxes.

According to my wife....I "Snored" a few times during those 3 hours. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.2    5 years ago
According to my wife....I "Snored" a few times during those 3 hours. 

I know I did, Bernies yelling and Warrens screeching usually pulled me out of it though. Why they so angry? Is this part of the But Trump derangement show?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.4    5 years ago
Is this part of the But Trump derangement show?

Yep !

Dismantle the "good times", get back to "ho-hum times".

The Democrat way !

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.7  KDMichigan  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.6    5 years ago

It would be easier to say what they don't want to give a to people, J O B S.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    5 years ago

I thought the reference to record players was funny.  Us old timers know what one is, but few of the young voters do.  It would be like them trying to figure out what a rotary phone is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.1    5 years ago

KD didn't say she hates Trump.  KD said that she hates that Trump isn't going to win elections.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    5 years ago
It amazes me that with all these "Progressives" we have on this site none of them discuss the performance of their favorite candidates, I hate President Trump isn't going to win elections.

As an independent, I have to agree with you on this. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.8    5 years ago
It would be like them trying to figure out what a rotary phone is.

Or how to use one. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1.11    5 years ago

Yet I only heard a few candidates say that, and you paint all of them the same way. Propaganda much?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.12    5 years ago

It was like in the movie In And Out where the supermodel was confronted with a rotary phone and was totally clueless as how to use it.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.14    5 years ago
It was like in the movie In And Out where the supermodel was confronted with a rotary phone and was totally clueless as how to use it.

I guess people felt the same way when the rotary phone came out as opposed to the wind up wall phones. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1.16  Enoch  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.8    5 years ago

Dear Friend Paula Bartholomew: My age is showing on this one.

Anything much more recent than Papyrus Scrolls is too high tech for me.

Enoch, Using a Divining Rod for a Fill up On a Glass of Water.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.17  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.15    5 years ago

I think those phones were cool.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.18  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.17    5 years ago
I think those phones were cool.

Me too. My phone is the last thing I want to do my thinking for me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

I think you are the only one to feature an article on last night's DNC debate. Ya, I think as usual Castro came out as way over the top. Joe Biden was finally able to somewhat hold his own, though still fumbling with words. Warren, the media choice, failed to score any points. 

What I didn't understand is why Jorge Ramos, who is nothing more than an advocate for migration into the US, was given a seat as a journalist?

It was more of the same from the DNC.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    5 years ago
I think you are the only one to feature an article on last night's DNC debate.

Apparently....Democrats here weren't that enthused ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

But it was funny to watch. 

Nothing but Take, Take, Take, and Free, Free, Free. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

They even bitched at each other about bitching at each other. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.1    5 years ago
Apparently....Democrats here weren't that enthused !

Apparently not! Nothing to crow about there!

But it was funny to watch. 

Wasn't it?

Nothing but Take, Take, Take, and Free, Free, Free.

We did hear Beto finally admit that he wants to confiscate everyone's guns, as opposed to what he claimed before.

They even bitched at each other about bitching at each other.

Why are they so bitter?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.3  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.1    5 years ago

That was Hillaryious. Muh Feelings

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    5 years ago

Why are they so bitter?

In all fairness, there were a few candidates that said that they should stop it. Really, it was on Castro that was out of line. 

I have read some polls and it he didn't come of well at all. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.4    5 years ago
I have read some polls and it he didn't come of well at all. 

Castro is desperate to maintain any relevance at all at this point and not doing a very good job of it. I doubt he will garner much support going forward, but, he is obviously someone who can't stand being wrong, so he will hang in there for as long as he can.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @1.2.6    5 years ago

Indeedy Raven.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.3    5 years ago

If facts don't matter, I guess that makes Trump a lib.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.3  nightwalker  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Gee, I didn't know your name was Castro. I watched the debate too, and Biden slipped up on his answer, just flipped it out without thinking. Or adding that little "and if they can't afford it "and if they can't afford it,  they can get subsidized" and as usual, just blew his cool.

Biden has shown a few times his memory is hardly perfect.

Are you defending Biden because he's old, or complaining about Castro because he's young, or is this just another slam against anybody not a trumpite as usual?

Just curious, which Democrat are you planning to vote for anyway?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  nightwalker @1.3    5 years ago
I watched the debate too, and Biden slipped up on his answer, just flipped it out without thinking.

See Comment #1.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.3.2  nightwalker  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.1    5 years ago

Yes, I tried to read it but it's pretty hysterical and uses the word MORON a lot. If you're going to post like that, may I suggest a chill-pill from a nurse before you give yourself?

Concerned for you health and welfare,

nightwalker 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  nightwalker @1.3.2    5 years ago
Yes, I tried to read it but it's pretty hysterical and uses the word MORON a lot

No ya didn't.

From Comment #1:

"During the next segment, Karl joined ABC’s coverage and found that after reviewing the transcript, “ Julian Castro was just flatly wrong … It seemed to me that Biden was right and that Castro mischaracterized what he said.”

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

He proved his moron status when he approved his brothers doxxing of Trump supporters in Texas. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

"Are you forgetting what you said 2 minutes ago?"

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

It looks like this was a card Castro was just itching to play because he threw it out at a moment when it wasn't accurate to say that Biden was wrong. That shows desperation to strike the blow. Too bad he missed. In the end, it makes Castro look bad and will only help Biden. Bad strategy.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

So...I'm not really watching the clown car until we get closer to time, but so far I have Biden as one of the only sane candidates in that field.  A bit senile, but not batshit.

Do they have anybody else who doesn't want to outlaw my health insurance, double my taxes, force my job overseas and cause the market to cut my IRA in half, all in the name of "justice"?  Anyone?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago
It looks like this was a card Castro was just itching to play

Harris had a couple to. You can tell she was waiting for a chance to use them and they fell flat....

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    5 years ago

So did Beto................and the whiny little weeny interpreted a "My gun is ready for you" into a threat of harm.

They are all prepared for their time in the sun for these "debates" and just stand there and HOPE like hell someone segues them into their performance. Fun stuff........or not. But it is hilarious.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
4.2.2  nightwalker  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.1    5 years ago

OHHHH I see, so when some dip says "my AR is ready for you" it means he's going to wrap it up in gift paper and hand it right over?

OK I get it now.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

True, well said. The flip side of that is he DID make a point. Biden does gaff fairly often, (my dad is 97 and doesn't gaff half as much as biden does). Is Biden showing his age? Yes and while I didn't think Castro's slam was appropriate, he was right. The debate cycle, (both left and right), is about weeding out those candidates that simply cannot get votes to beat the opposing party, (which I honestly find to be shitty because we should be voting for who will be the best for the country in all aspects). 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.1    5 years ago

You know BF, we can all do memes of candidates looking like fools. He is no more or less articulate than the standing President, Mr. Confeve. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.3    5 years ago

I am hardly emotionally distressed. I am just pointing out how memes are nothing more than propaganda meant to elicit emotional responses. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.5    5 years ago

I hope he finds it. I would hate to have to issue him a temporary one. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.7    5 years ago

Sick but funny.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.9    5 years ago

Oh brother...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.11    5 years ago

Kissing cousin?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

He's audtioning to be Warren's VP. 

I'm surprised no Dems were offended that Biden insinuated black parents don't know how to raise their kids. But then again, I'm not. Condescending paternalism towards minorities is SOP for the Democrats.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 years ago
Condescending paternalism towards minorities is SOP for the Democrats.

They do love to keep them on the plantation, feeding them for votes.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 years ago

Considering that Trump called blacks born inherently lazy, it seems to be a R thing too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Castro is in a desperate position. His campaign never took off. He's a young enough guy to come back in 4 , 8, or 12 years. 20 even. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    5 years ago

Using phrase "Taking a shot" by  Democrat candidates might offend some of their supporters   

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  charger 383 @8    5 years ago

He also mentioned 'targeting,"  

Very scary.