By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  38 comments

Is McCabe Being Indicted Or Not?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The grand jury has been called back since Tuesday with no indictment.  Speculation is it is not a winnable case. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump has called for McCabes imprisonment dozens of times.   I would think that he hopelessly tainted any possible case against McCabe. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

Trump has called for McCabes imprisonment dozens of times.   I would think that he hopelessly tainted any possible case against McCabe. 

He has also been calling for Hillary's imprisonment for years.  Just nobody knows for what...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1    5 years ago

He has also been calling for Hillary's imprisonment for years.  Just nobody knows for what...

Yep. 9 benghazi investigations, 11 hour long under oath interrogation on live tv, and three FBI "email" investigations. All these investigations were led by republicans. They have been after her for nearly 25 years and have never even charged her with so much as a parking ticket. Yet they still beat that dead horse and INSIST she MUST be guilty because the right wing fake news media has been saying she is for over 20 years. 

Reality slaps them in the face over and over again and they still insist that reality isn't the truth. 

I cannot even imagine.....if the Trump/Russia thing was investigated 8 more times. Can you imagine the outrage from the right? LOL 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.2    5 years ago

And I lost count of how many times she said "I don't recall" and or "I don't remember."

Approximately half the number of times that Trump did in his written statement to Mueller, and a quarter the number of times that Session did during his Congressional testimony.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.4    5 years ago
But, since you brought it up, please provide a link to a valid source of that bit of balderdash.  Failing that, I call it typical leftist bullshit.

Here is 1 list of 47 "I do not recalls", there are others.

Everything Attorney General Jeff Sessions Has Forgotten Under Oath

Trump said he couldn’t remember 36 times in response to special counsel Robert Mueller’s questions

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Your turn.  How many unique times did Hillary say it?  You can't count the same question asked by different people however, has to be to different questions just like my examples.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
And she lied a lot

Prove it!  FBI says that your claim is a lie.  (couldn't find one without commercial)

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.8  KDMichigan  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.6    5 years ago
Your turn.  How many unique times did Hillary say it? 

How about 39 times to the FBI alone....Do I really have to look up her congressional testimony?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.8    5 years ago
How about 39 times to the FBI alone....

So, bad for Hillary, who cares for Trump?  Is that what you are trying to say?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.2    5 years ago

And I lost count of how many times she said "I don't recall" and or "I don't remember."

Not nearly as many as Raygun or trumps surrogates. How many times has trump testified under oath? None. Even his own lawyers begged him not to testify because they knew there was no way he could do it without lying. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.11  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

And she lied a lot

Proof? None, you're just making shit up. If she lied under oath the right wing would have charged her with a crime, they didn't, get over it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.8    5 years ago
How about 39 times to the FBI alone....Do I really have to look up her congressional testimony?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.13  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.2    5 years ago

Clinton said "I don't recall" 5 times and 'I don't remember' 1 time in 11 hours. Hope that helps. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
Trump has called for McCabes imprisonment dozens of times.

Yea, but he does that for anyone he doesn't like. Forget those pesky laws, just lock them up, just like the dictator wishes he could be. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The legal team for Andrew McCabe has asked federal prosecutors in D.C. whether a grand jury had rejected their bid to indict the FBI’s former acting director on charges of lying to investigators, pointing to media inquiries and news accounts detailing a series of unusual events in the case.

In emails Thursday to U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu and other prosecutors in her office, McCabe lawyer Michael Bromwich said his team had received media inquiries about grand jurors declining to bring the case, and pointed to published reports describing how even after the Justice Department approved prosecutors to seek charges, no indictment was returned.

Bromwich noted he had “no independent knowledge of whether the reporting is accurate” but suggested that if it was, prosecutors should abandon their effort. He wrote that — based on a Thursday discussion with federal prosecutors — it “is clear that no indictment has been returned.”

McCabe’s legal team provided The Washington Post with a copy of the emails. Spokespersons for the Justice Department and the U.S. attorney’s office declined to comment.

“In substance, the decision whether to resubmit a case, following a no true bill, to the same grand jury — or submit the case to a new grand jury — is entrusted to your discretion,” Bromwich wrote. “We believe that for the reasons we have presented to you and the Deputy Attorney General in person and in writing, you should not resubmit this case.”

A “no true bill” case refers to a situation when grand jurors are asked to bring an indictment and decline to do so.

To bring charges against McCabe, prosecutors would have to convince 12 of 23 grand jurors that there was probable cause he had committed a crime — a low legal bar. This week, it seemed prosecutors were on track to do so. The panel that had been investigating McCabe was resummoned after a months-long hiatus, and McCabe was told Thursday that his final bid to persuade the deputy attorney general that charges should not be brought had failed.

But grand jurors came and went with no public indictment being returned. That could be a sign they balked, though it is also possible they have filed a determination under seal or could be asked to return later.

McCabe and his team have waged an aggressive behind-the-scenes battle to dissuade prosecutors from moving forward with the case. Last month, after being informed that line prosecutors had recommended moving forward with charges, they met with Liu, and later — after Liu endorsed prosecutors’ recommendation — with Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen. They were waiting to hear back from the No. 2 Justice Department official when the grand jury was suddenly brought back in this week.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

There is another grand jury looking into the FISA 'abuses' and of course McCabe is also a target of that probe along with anyone ever associated with the previous Administration.

Let the purges begin !!!

FISA! FISA! FISA!

another yawner not brought to you by Trey Gowdy or Daryl Issa /s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    5 years ago

I really think that all this can be blamed on right wing media and right wing social media.   They get their audience worked up to a frenzy. 

Now they think that Michael Flynn will get off because Comey withheld evidence.  Flynn's lawyer is a right wing Fox News contributor who has promoted Q Anon accounts with her tweets.  The craziness never ends with these people. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago

Well Mike's sentencing date was just changed from 11/28/2019 to December 18.

Could be changed again...

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    5 years ago

Apparently the grand jury refused to indict McCabe...

Funny thing about folks. They don't like injustice done.