╌>

The misadventures of Corn Pop and Joe

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

The misadventures of Corn Pop and Joe
In 1962, a 19-year old Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., in an effort to get to know more about the minorities who occupied the mean streets of Wilmington, Delaware took a job as a lifeguard at a local public pool. It was at that very pool when Joe ran afoul of a member of the Romans gang by the name of Corn Pop. Soon, straight razors, chain, and Esther Williams became involved.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In 1962, a 19-year old Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., in an effort to get to  know more about the minorities  who occupied the mean streets of Wilmington, Delaware took a job as a lifeguard at a local public pool. It was at that very pool when Joe ran afoul of a member of the Romans gang by the name of Corn Pop. Soon, straight razors, chain, and Esther Williams became involved.

Here's Joe,  back at the scene of the crime  in 2017 when the pool was renamed in his honor. I'll let him tell you the story.

Joe and Corn Pop's misadventures  are getting renewed attention  after The Root's Michael Harriot  called bullshit  on Twitter.

You can read the rest of the 19-tweet thread   here .

So, because it's silly season, I'm sure someone will be offering a reward for information on Corn Pop's whereabouts. Only 141 more days until the Iowa caucuses. Stay strong.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2  KDMichigan    5 years ago

C'mon already, Really, freaking Corn Pops? 

Good ole Joe, Uncle material? Yes, he could feed you bullshit stories for hours, Presidential material? not so much.

original

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

How many "Gin-n-Tonics" did Joe have before this speech ?