╌>

Pressley to introduce resolution to open impeachment inquiry against Kavanaugh

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  99 comments

Pressley to introduce resolution to open impeachment inquiry against Kavanaugh
"We must demand justice for survivors and hold Kavanaugh accountable for his actions."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) plans to introduce a resolution on Tuesday that would call for an impeachment inquiry to be opened against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh following a newly-reported allegation of sexual misconduct.

"I believe Christine Blasey Ford," she said in a statement. "I believe Deborah Ramirez. It is our responsibility to collectively affirm the dignity and humanity of survivors."

"Sexual predators do not deserve a seat on the nation's highest court and Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation process set a dangerous precedent," she continued. "We must demand justice for survivors and hold Kavanaugh accountable for his actions.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

The 4th member of the "Taliban 4" goes all "Stupid" too. jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Not one accusation in the "Kavanaugh Trail" was "Proven to be True. Including this latest accusation. NOT ONE FRIGGIN THING !

What is it with this "Taliban Squad" anyway. They haven't been "Correct" on anything they want to accomplish yet ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

And folks actually "Rally" behind these idiots. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago
And folks actually "Rally" behind these idiots

Yup which leads to "consider the source" and those who support it.

It's not really a surprise that the people of that district are just as coo-coo as she is .....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    5 years ago
It's not really a surprise that the people of that district are just as coo-coo as she is .....

We seem to have a (4) district problem. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

Yeah we have one of them in Michigan.   Old "happy fingers" John Conyers old district that's basically ALWAYS been Democrat.

As bad as Tlaib is, she could still win that district if another marginally acceptable Dem doesn't run.   Abe Lincoln could run against her in that district and she would still win.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.2    5 years ago
Abe Lincoln could run against her in that district and she would still win.

That's just "Bad" for Michigan !

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

Yeah, not "Pure Michigan" that's for sure.

Nice job 13th district.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.4    5 years ago

Seems Michigan made it to the top 10 of all 50 states of folks moving OUT !

10. Michigan, 55 percent 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago
And folks actually "Rally" behind these idiots.

Just the other hate filled progressives. We shall overcome!

TTGA
Professor Silent
1.3  TTGA  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago
The 4th member of the "Taliban 4" goes all "Stupid" too.

Actually, they aren't stupid at all.  It's just a political tactic that they're employing that they think will work.  Back in the 80's, when the Leftist scum started trying it, it was called "The Politics of Personal Destruction".  They don['t have to be correct, all they are trying to do is de-legitimize all of their opponents in the eyes of the public.  The libel laws currently in place make it almost impossible for a public figure to sue in order to get the accusers into court to make them back up their tripe with actual evidence.  Besides which, the biased media would simply ignore such a trial while heavily publicizing the initial slander.

Old "happy fingers" John Conyers old district that's basically ALWAYS been Democrat.

I believe that district includes Hamtramick, which has the largest percentage of Muslims in its population of any city in the country.  Used to be Polish, now it's Muslim.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  TTGA @1.3    5 years ago
Actually, they aren't stupid at all.  It's just a political tactic that they're employing that they think will work.

If they haven't figured out by now, their tactics are ridicules, and get shutdown by numerous "Important" folks as idiotic (Reference AOC and her stupid complaints about "Illegals", and her FAKE crying), That makes them "STUPID" !

Remember when Mike Tyson got new management, that just kept telling him he was great, with not much training going on like it used to be when he was "Bad Ass" ?

That's the "Taliban 4" in a nutshell. Their self management SUCKS !

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  TTGA @1.3    5 years ago
It's just a political tactic that they're employing that they think will work.

I haven't seen any sign that anyone in that group has a sense or mastery of tactics, political or otherwise. Unless the Senate were to flip Democratic, there's no reason this tactic would work. And smearing a SCOTUS justice isn't going to move any elections.

TTGA
Professor Silent
1.3.3  TTGA  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.2    5 years ago
I haven't seen any sign that anyone in that group has a sense or mastery of tactics,

They may not be but the people giving them their orders are.

And smearing a SCOTUS justice isn't going to move any elections.

The objective is to drive all the competent conservatives out of politics, including the judiciary.  That will just leave the Leftists, who have no moral standards anyway, to assume the offices.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.3.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.2    5 years ago
I haven't seen any sign that anyone in that group has a sense or mastery of tactics, political or otherwise. Unless the Senate were to flip Democratic, there's no reason this tactic would work. And smearing a SCOTUS justice isn't going to move any elections.

I think you might be missing something. Our education system. Right now, our system isn't teaching kids how to think critically. They are teaching them to think emotionally. As such, their tactics will work, eventually. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Another "squad" member with a totally screwed up moral compass. Must be prerequisite for membership....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

I honestly believe Ford may have been assaulted. I just don't believe she accused the right person.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.5.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.5    5 years ago
I honestly believe Ford may have been assaulted. I just don't believe she accused the right person.

She was waaaaay too happy at that "Trail". And this two front door thing of hers....well …..lots of folks have two front doors.

And her constant consulting with lawyers when she was asked a question ……. "What should I say here" …… was just obvious as to her ignorance on her own subject !

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1.5.1    5 years ago

To say Ford was "coached" would be a vast understatement.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.5.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.5.2    5 years ago
To say Ford was "coached" would be a vast understatement.

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.5.4  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.5.2    5 years ago

Yeah, it was pretty unconscionable how the left used her.

They didn't give shit about her.   They just wanted Kavanaugh.

Whatever it took .....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.5.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1.5.4    5 years ago

Yep, she was just a tool.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Yet another act of idiocy on the part of a member of the Jihad squad that will work to the benefit of the GOP. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    5 years ago
confirmation process set a dangerous precedent,"

The only dangerous precedent being set is by the left. Or do they really think that all will be forgotten the next time they occupy the WH?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Great look on the same day the "reporters" who wrote published the story in the non-news section of the New York Times that is the impetus for this silly motion claim the NYT editors threw out the exculpatory information that they included in their submitted story.  

Now a member of Congress wants to impeach someone based on a story that was dishonestly edited to excite liberals.  This is the progressive movement in a nutshell, untethered to reality and lashing out as manipulated by tabloids. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

When the left loses a faithful ally like Jan Crawford....

We report tonight the real bombshell : Christine Ford’s close HS friend (who Ford says was at the party when Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her) said Ford’s story is not believable and told the FBI Ford’s allies pressured her, threatened her with a smear campaign to say otherwise  

— Jan Crawford (@JanCBS)   September 17, 2019

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Right now the House Judiciary Committee is getting schooled by Corey Lewandowski. Ms Jackson Lee is so full of rage & hate she could barely speak!

GettyImages-77353497-1-e1514410933913.jp

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    5 years ago

These hearings have become a goat rodeo.   Maybe they always have been.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

Golly, it's a shame Congress didn't have an opportunity to get to know this Kavanaugh guy. You know, they could have looked into his background a little bit before approving him. Oh wait . . . 

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago

They DIDN'T!  They purposefully made sure the 'investigation' was short and didn't even interview witnesses.  It was done that way so they could ram a misogynist liar through to 'stick it to the left'.  And now he is getting the scrutiny the gop made sure didn't happen back then.  By the way, did you know how many women have assaults as their first experience?

The first sexual experience for 1 in 16 U.S. women was forced or coerced intercourse in their early teens, encounters that for some may have had lasting health repercussions, a study suggests.

The experiences amount to rape, the authors say, although they relied on a national survey that didn’t use the word in asking women about forced sex.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1    5 years ago

Most of your post has absolutely  nothing to do with Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh will be impeached at about the same time you win the lottery and grow wings and fly.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  lib50 @9.1    5 years ago

How many investigations were done on Kavanaugh before any of his appointments?  Seems that none of this was found in any earlier one.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.2    5 years ago
How many investigations were done on Kavanaugh before any of his appointments?  Seems that none of this was found in any earlier one.

That is because the left hadn't made all this crap up before.

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.4  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    5 years ago
Most of your post has absolutely  nothing to do with Kavanaugh.

When you and others act as if this is not something many women go through (by calling victims liars and worse) and saying all kinds of stupid shit that proves they know nothing about sexual abuse and assault, its clear you all need a freaking lesson.  It all has everything to do with Kavanaugh. 

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.5  lib50  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.2    5 years ago

This was not an investigation, it was a whitewash to ram him through and they specifically didn't want to know (gop).  So too freaking bad if they don't like the blowback.  It won't be going away, that I can tell you. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.4    5 years ago
When you and others act as if this is not something many women go through (by calling victims liars and worse) and saying all kinds of stupid shit that proves they know nothing about sexual abuse and assault, its clear you all need a freaking lesson.  It all has everything to do with Kavanaugh.  

Doesn't have anything to do with Kavanaugh. It does have everything to do with whiny Democrats not getting their way and trying to disparage someone because he isn't liberal enough for them and they realize that he won't vote in lockstep like the liberal Justices do so often.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.6    5 years ago

And now we know that some Kavanaugh accusers were pressuring other women to back them in additional allegations that the others never experienced and had no actual knowledge of.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.7    5 years ago

And how do you know that?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  lib50 @9.1.5    5 years ago

I don't think you know what an investigation is.

All of the relevant people testified under oath. That's an investigation.

Two New York Times investigators then spent a year on the story trying to fund anything that was missed. The only thing they found out was that Ford's friends threatened her supposed witness and friend  to lie because Ford' story was not plausible, according to Ford's friend.

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.10  lib50  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.9    5 years ago
I don't think you know what an investigation is. All of the relevant people testified under oath. That's an investigation.

Oh dear, I know what a real investigation, why don't you investigate the investigation before you say stupid stuff.  NOT all of the relevant people were even interviewed, let alone testify under oath.  That is the freaking point, Kavanaugh was rammed through without care of the baggage he carried by Moscow Mitch and his misogynist party.  Enjoy it happening backwards, he will carry this scrutiny the rest of his time because the gop didn't care enough to vet him, covering up his drunken college days was more important. 

Ford's story was not only plausible, it was common.  Which is why I posted the stats on women and sexual abuse.  Read the fucker instead of blowing it off, your dismissal of women's experiences is annoying.  Why do you think you know more than the women who experienced this kind of thing? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.10    5 years ago

Kind of cute and rather amusing that you still think something will come of all this crap.

Best get used to JUSTICE Kavanaugh sitting on SCOTUS for the rest of your life.

And Ford was a horrible, horrible witness.  She didn't know key details for SUCH a traumatic event in her pathetic life. She failed.

That sometimes happens when you out-and-out lie.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.13  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

LOL!

Good one!

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.14  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.11    5 years ago

She told the truth, Kavanaugh out and out lied, provable lies about passing out drunk and his behavior at parties.  You don't know squat about this topic, so I can see why your position is lock step with the pussygrabber.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.14    5 years ago

Good luck on the whole impeachment of Kavanaugh thingy.

You are gonna need it----and lots of credible "witnesses"!!

The yahoos paraded about thus far are sorely lacking in credibility.

Looks like just more Democratic shenanigans to me. Couldn't block his confirmation, despite a STAR witness like Ford, so now let's attack him yet once again on spurious claims.

This is a big NOTHING-BURGER!

But I do love the fact that Democrats are willing and able to make fools of themselves all over again. 

Some just are incapable of learning from their past.

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.16  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.15    5 years ago

Impeachment or not,  we won't let anybody forget his true character and treatment of women.  And once the true scope of Trump's damage to this country is uncovered, there will be some questions about the people he decided to put in positions of power. 

ps, watch the whistleblower story

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.17  Sean Treacy  replied to  lib50 @9.1.14    5 years ago
She told the truth

Which time?   Which version of events that took place in which year? And the other versions were what, then? 

Given that she was caught lying about other things in her brief time in the spotlight, why would you ever think anything she was said was true? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.16    5 years ago
Impeachment or not,  we won't let anybody forget his true character and treatment of women. 

LOL! Funny, all the women who see him daily and work with him have nothing but good things to say about him. Sounds more like you are just whining because you didn't get  a super-liberal on the court to march in lockstep.

And once the true scope of Trump's damage to this country is uncovered, there will be some questions about the people he decided to put in positions of power.  

Ah, yes. The usual degeneration into yet another "I Hate Trump" screed. Typical and so worn out by now.

Of course, what else do you really have? I mean, you certainly can't attack Kavanaugh's record as a jurist, now can you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.17    5 years ago
Given that she was caught lying about other things in her brief time in the spotlight, why would you ever think anything she was said was true? 

Some are willing to believe anything---as long as it is bad and somehow connected to Trump.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
11  Ronin2    5 years ago

Would anyone on the left care to explain why these women didn't out against Kavanaugh sooner?

Following Bush’s inauguration as president, Kavanaugh worked in the White House as associate counsel (2001–03), as senior associate counsel (2003), and finally as assistant to the president and staff secretary (2003–06).

Chance #1 for them to come out against Kavanaugh. Doubtful his career would have gotten off the ground if they had.

Bush twice nominated Kavanaugh to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit—in 2003 and 2005—but the nominations were never voted upon by the Republican-controlled Senate . In January 2006 Bush again nominated Kavanaugh to the D.C. Circuit, and he was finally confirmed in May. Because the D.C. Circuit has jurisdiction over many federal administrative agencies, it plays a larger role than other appellate courts in adjudicating federal regulations.

Multiple chances here. It was in the news, they knew that Bush wanted him on a very prestigious/powerful court; but not a murmur from any of these women.

While serving on the D.C. Circuit, he also taught part-time at Yale Law School, the Georgetown University Law Center, and Harvard Law School, where he was first hired by Elena Kagan , then dean of the school and subsequently an associate justice of the Supreme Court.

Just thought I would throw that little tidbit in there. Seems Kagan must not have done a good background check on Kavanaugh. Where is the leftist lynch mob coming for her?

No, the shit show didn't start until Kavanaugh was nominated for the Supreme Court. Having power within the White House, being a Circuit Court judge, and even teaching aspiring future lawyers just wasn't important for them to come forward.

The women are about as credible as their timing. They lack important information such as where, when, and most importantly witnesses. They all also seem to be staunchly Democrats (What a shock!)  Kavanaugh must have an internal liberal radar.

If I were in the Senate I wouldn't have voted for Kavanaugh to be on the Supreme Court; but it would have been for a valid reason. Kavanaugh was the one that came up for the legal defense of water boarding and enhanced interrogation techniques. That is not someone I want serving on the Supreme Court.  But I would never side with the left shit show, and their smear campaign for impeachment.

Instead of concentrating on impeaching Trump and Kavanaugh; maybe take a hard look at the Democratic candidates riding in the insane exploding clown car running ever further left.

Start with Joe Biden. His "misspeaks" (to put it mildly) rival anything the hated Bush Jr or Trump have uttered. His creepy hands and personal boundary issues would be fresh meat for the left if he had an R behind his name. The media would ride him into the ground; he would never get out of the starting gate.

Next Cory Booker. Has been accused of sexual assault by a liberal gay man. Oh the hypocrisy saying Kavanaugh is unfit to serve only on baseless accusations.

Of course Booker has already admitted to forcefully groping a female high school friend against her will.  Of course he says "he learned from the experience, and it changed him and his views on women"

Follow up with Bernie Sanders. Accused of misusing campaign funds. Of course the entire left is in epileptic shock over Trump. 

Elizabeth Warren (aka the fake native american). If the left had any standards she wouldn't even be in the Senate. Just put an R behind her name and see what would happen.

Needless to say there is a lot of work for the left to do; but they can't seem to get past Trump and Kavanaugh.

The Democrats have already lost my vote. Sorry, whichever candidate comes rolling last out of the insane exploding clown car will have to be the biggest sellout in history to the radical base. McCain lost my vote for selling out to win the nomination from the hard right. I see no reason to change that policy. 

Maybe there are some independents that haven't made up their minds. Of course nothing can be done until the clown car is greatly thinned out; the explosive device removed; and the steering fixed to be it much closer to the center line.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ronin2 @11    5 years ago
Would anyone on the left care to explain why these women didn't out against Kavanaugh sooner?

They weren't for lying..... Before they were told they should be !

Seems to be the "Liberal" way !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @11.1    5 years ago

The secular progressive way!