╌>

Trump says Cokie Roberts 'never treated me nicely’ but 'was a professional'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  99 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford   15 hours ago

Trump says Cokie Roberts 'never treated me nicely’ but 'was a professional' in comment about her death

President Trump responded to news of the death of renowned ABC News journalist and NPR political commentator  Cokie Roberts  by wishing her family well — and by saying she “never treated me well.”

“I never met her. She never treated me nicely,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One during a flight from Albuquerque to Mountain View, Calif., Tuesday afternoon. “But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals. I respect you guys a lot, you people a lot. She was a real professional. Never treated me well, but I certainly respect her as a professional.”

Roberts, 75, died of complications from breast cancer on Tuesday morning,  her family said . She is survived by her husband, fellow journalist Steven Roberts, and their two children and six grandchildren.

9cbbf3d0-d982-11e9-be5b-52c8de7896bc
President Trump and Cokie Roberts. (Photos: Patrick Semansky/AP; Heidi Gutman/Walt Disney Television via Getty Images)

The three-time Emmy Award winner and former co-anchor of ABC’s “This Week” began her career as a reporter for National Public Radio in 1978. Roberts was inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame, and in 2008 she was named a “Living Legend” by the Library of Congress.

It is unclear what alleged mistreatment Trump was referring to in his remarks. In November 2015 he took issue with Roberts’s predictions in a tweet that misspelled her first name.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway paid her respects on Twitter.

“Cokie Roberts was kind,”  Conway tweeted . “She disagreed agreeably. Cokie listened, offered advice, showed patience and poise, worked hard, put faith & family first. God bless. RIP.”

Trump’s predecessors each released statements in memory of Roberts upon learning of her death.

“Michelle and I are sad to hear about the passing of Cokie Roberts,” former President Barack Obama said in a statement. “She was a trailblazing figure; a role model to young women at a time when the profession was still dominated by men; a constant over forty years of a shifting media landscape and changing world, informing voters about the issues of our time and mentoring young journalists every step of the way. She will be missed — and we send our condolences to her family.”

“We are deeply saddened that Cokie Roberts is no longer with us,” former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush said in a joint statement. “She covered us for decades as a talented, tough, and fair reporter. We respected her drive and appreciated her humor. She became a friend. We know Steve, their children, and grandchildren are heartbroken. They have our sincere sympathies.”

“I liked and respected Cokie Roberts very much,”  former President Bill Clinton tweeted Tuesday afternoon . “She understood people and politics. For nearly half a century, she was an institution in American journalism — tough but fair, insightful, and with a voice all her own. She’ll be missed.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

WTF is wrong with you?

The untreated syphilis is really taking its' toll.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

EVERYTHING IS ABOUT HIM

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    5 years ago

Seriously.  

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif there's something seriously wrong with that asshole.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

The man is a pig.  You know that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Is this about Roberts or Trump?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    5 years ago

Even the death of a person is used by him to make it about him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    5 years ago

Not by him, but by those who should be giving Roberts a testimonial. She was after all a liberal. Or was she just another tool?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    5 years ago

Of course the turd shitstain in chief 'president' is making it about him like he always does.  

See below where that cunt Malkin is making it about herself as she whores her new book.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    5 years ago

Why not take a page out of Bill Clinton's book and make it about Roberts. A few nice words for Roberts?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    5 years ago

How about you Vic?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    5 years ago

She's not one of mine. It's up to you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    5 years ago

Then buzz off

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    5 years ago

No way!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    5 years ago
Is this about Roberts or Trump?

A good question for Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2    5 years ago

A better question for liberals. Roberts appears to be like Boxer in Animal Farm - used even in death by those she believed in!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    5 years ago

???????????

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    5 years ago

He's the one who made it about her treatment of him.  If he'd just said "I respected her professionalism", that would have been fine.  But he had to make it about him.  Liberals pointing out that he made it about him isn't liberals making it about him.  Liberals are the ones saying it should be about her and her family.

Even you recognize that Bill Clinton took the right path.  Why is that same path not the right one for Trump?  Double standards?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.3    5 years ago
Liberals pointing out that he made it about him isn't liberals making it about him. 

Liberals do it 24/7.....I can't wait for the election!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.4    5 years ago

Point out his narcissism?  Good on them.

So, I was right.  Double standards.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.5    5 years ago
Point out his narcissism?

And I point out the hate & hypocrisy of the left. That's a full time job, btw! 

Your'e wrong!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.2    5 years ago

I thought it was required reading. That's sad.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.8  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.6    5 years ago
And I point out the hate & hypocrisy of the left.

Blaming the left for Trump's narcissism is not pointing out any hypocrisy on their part, but that reassignment of blame is a bit hypocritical in itself.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.8    5 years ago

I'm blaming them for all that should be blamed for and seeds like this with all the smearing and hate is exhibit A

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.9    5 years ago

No, Vic. You're blaming them for having eyes and brains to see how badly Trump behaves, and for saying so. Are they not being PC enough?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.10    5 years ago

I'm blaming them for being what they are - thugs, liars & haters.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.11    5 years ago

There's a lot of irrational hate in that comment, Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.12    5 years ago

There is?  That sounds like skirting the Coc.....You want to call me something - do it out in the open!  Funny how you don't find an irrational hate in the daily comments in seed after seed  smearing the President and his family, which we see here every single day!  What's that "rational hate?"

In the meantime the liberal media has LIED about the President conspiring with Russia for 3 years. The liberal members in congress LIED about Brett Kavanaugh and are still smearing him. The liberal democratic party has LIED about cops being racist, Christians being racist and just about most of the country being racist. Liberal judges have tried to obstruct the President with frivolous decisions. Liberal universities have denied free speech. Liberal activist have harassed private citizens and public officials. 

And you have the audacity to question my conclusions.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    5 years ago
And you have the audacity to question my conclusions.

Not sure bout Sandy, but i sure as hell will

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    5 years ago

Yes, I do question your conclusions.  And your comment was full of hate.  It's not the first hateful comment you've made about liberals, either.

"Insufficient evidence to charge" isn't nearly the same as "Trump & Co didn't collude".  It has not been established that anyone lied about Kavanaugh - that is something you have chosen to believe.  I don't know anybody who has said that all cops are racist, but some are.  Some Christians are racist.  Liberal judges are doing their jobs, which does not include kowtowing to Trump.  You can go to a liberal university and engage in free speech; you are not entitled to a platform.  Or perhaps Liberty University should be forced to host the ACLU?  Conservative activists have also harassed private citizens and public officials.  

But I only see you making hateful comments about one side.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.14    5 years ago

How?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.15    5 years ago
It's not the first hateful comment you've made about liberals, either.

But you don't see any hate in all of these disgusting, blatantly hate-filled comments about the President, whom you hate?

But I only see you making hateful comments about one side.

Because IT IS ONLY ONE SIDE!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.18  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.17    5 years ago

I don't see any hate when they're true.  He made Cokie Roberts' death about him.

Now, blaming him for things like mass shootings - yes, there is an element of hate, but also an element of truth.  He's too obvious about being wishy-washy in calling out white supremacy, and he turns mass shootings into photo ops, as with the infant survivor from Texas.

Because IT IS ONLY ONE SIDE!

Charlottesville showed that to be blatantly untrue.  The continuing actions of the Proud Boys do, as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.18    5 years ago
I don't see any hate when they're true.

Try defending post # 3 - The typical kind we have to look at every day. If you don't like hate, then stop spreading it!

Now, blaming him for things like mass shootings - yes, there is an element of hate, but also an element of truth.  He's too obvious about being wishy-washy in calling out white supremacy, and he turns mass shootings into photo ops, as with the infant survivor from Texas.

Not even close - especially when we had a President coddle and invite BLM to the White House! You remember BLM and the LIE that Michael Brown had his hands up when he was shot?  A lot of cops were ambushed and killed after that.  Barak Obama and all his defenders have that on their hands!

The continuing actions of the Proud Boys do, as well.

The Proud Boys are not political - they are self described brawlers.

nypost.com/2019/08/22/proud-boys-leader-admits-rallies-all-about-brawling-costing-millions/

Antifa IS political and IS protected by leftist politicians! Thus far nobody from antifa, despite all their violence has been punished!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.19    5 years ago

Did I write comment #3?  No.  I am not required to defend it.  Since I did not write it, how is that ME spreading hate?  You saying liberals should be forced to work outside naked in winter IS spreading hate.  Laughable that you would accuse me of spreading hate because if a comment I didn't make, when you actually HAVE made hateful comments.

Trump invited the Taliban right before 9-11.  How many Americans have they killed?

I notice you ignore the white supremacists in Charlottesville.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.20    5 years ago
Did I writ comment #3?  No. 

The seeder of this article wrote it. 

I am not required to defend it. 

You didn't have to - people who were triggered by it had their comments deleted! Yet, the hate-filled comment still stands! 

You saying liberals should be forced to work outside naked in winter IS spreading hate. 

I was being kind.

Laughable that you would accuse me of spreading hate because if a comment I didn't make, when you actually HAVE made hateful comments.

You are a moderator and you let those comments stand without so much as a word of advice. There are hundreds of comments like that here. That tells me that you agree with them. It's hard to police your own, isn't it? I know we are allowed to say anything about public officials, but don't you think the hate for the President is over the top? Yet, I don't ever see any advice on civility from any of the mods and here you are criticizing me when I finally get fed up with it!

Trump invited the Taliban right before 9-11.  How many Americans have they killed?

That's not an analogy - Trump wasn't endorsing the Taliban. Obama was endorsing BLM and it's lie.

I notice you ignore the white supremacists in Charlottesville.

And why are they a required topic? They were all but dead and buried until the left started tearing down statues!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.22  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.21    5 years ago
I was being kind.

Another hateful comment.

Your perceptions of what is and is not hateful are obviously skewed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.22    5 years ago
Your perceptions of what is and is not hateful are obviously skewed.

Obviously your perceptions of "hate" differ from mine. From now on I'm going to call you out whenever I see you supporting hatred

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.23    5 years ago

You don't see hatred when you're the one expressing it, Vic.  That's a bit sad.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.24    5 years ago

That's your opinion....and that's what's so disappointing. You were one of the few liberals I had respect for.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.26  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.25    5 years ago

You really think that your comments weren't hateful, and that I'm responsible for someone else's comments?

Good grief, Vic.

If refusing to be held responsible for someone else's comments and seeing the hate in yours causes me to lose your respect, it was never worth having.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.26    5 years ago
You really think that your comments weren't hateful

Whatever they were - they were warranted. Think about what idea or leader has hurt the country?  Think about what was done to Native Americans or black Americans. Wouldn't you deal with the offenders in the harshest terms?  I consider my comments to be a reaction to what I consider a cancer on this country.

and that I'm responsible for someone else's comments?

You are one of the more intelligent around here. I assume many on the "other side" look up to you. Wouldn't a little guidance be in order? Think of post # 3. They look up to you. You can fill those big high heels. You don't have to delete anything. Send them a message - tell them you are all better than that!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.28  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.27    5 years ago
Whatever they were they were warranted.

Again, you don't see hatred when it's in your own words.

I'm going to have to assume that you haven't read some of my comments in Metafied about calling out Trump supporters as a group.  Maybe check those out, Vic.  They're right there in black and white (or sometime purple).

But I've seldom seen any liberals here call for physical violence against conservatives as a whole.  I've seen it from you.  You defend your own calls for politically-motivated physical violence, while holding me responsible for someone else's comments.  That's hypocritical in the extreme.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.28    5 years ago
But I've seldom seen any liberals here call for physical violence against conservatives as a whole.

Here on NT?  How about out in the real world?

I've seen it from you.

Example?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.30  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.29    5 years ago
Here on NT?  How about out in the real world?

Not really.  Not in my daily life, or on the news.  I see counter-protests to white supremacist and antisemitic groups, but unless you're saying that all conservatives belong to those groups, then no.

Example?

I already gave you one.  The forcing of liberals to work outside in winter naked.  You think forced exposure to harsh elements isn't violent?

The hatred is right there in your words, Vic.  Own them.  Stop expecting me to own somebody else's.  I though conservatives were all for personal accountability.  Then be personally accountable for things you've said, and stop expecting me to take responsibility for what someone else has said.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.31  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.30    5 years ago
Not really.  Not in my daily life, or on the news.

Wow!

thefederalist.com/2016/07/12/black-lives-matters-violence-undermines-its-credibility/

Not much of any of it had anything to do with so called "Nazi's or KKK

You think forced exposure to harsh elements isn't violent?

1) I don't

2) Obviously that was a metaphorical comment.

Funny  what you take for a call to violence and the real violence you ignore!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.32  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.31    5 years ago

None of those protests were calls for violence against all conservatives.  They were protests against Trump and Milo.

And there were white supremacist at Berkeley, raising the Nazi salute and holding up antisemitic signs.

I love that your calls for violence (and yes, imprisoning people for their political views and forcing them to hard physical labor exposed in harsh conditions is violence, Vic) is now metaphorical.  Several comments in, and a week later, you backpedal.  You are advocating for a political dictatorship for your side, with criminalization of opposing views.  Just what our Founding Fathers envisioned for their fledgling nation.

I do not ignore the real violence.  I don't agree with antifa tactics, but I also see that antifa is a response to white supremacist and antisemitic views, which are also promoted with violence.  You would ignore that.  Domestic terrorists in the US are most often white supremacists.  That's from the FBI, not me.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.34  sandy-2021492  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.2.33    5 years ago

So, do you think Trump should have made Cokie Roberts' death about himself?

Do you support calling for violence against all liberals?

Or are you just here to attack while offering nothing to the discussion, as per usual?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.35  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.32    5 years ago
Several comments in, and a week later, you backpedal.

I'm not backpedaling - the progressive ideology is a cancer on this country. It is everything that George Orwell warned against.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.36  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.35    5 years ago

You're backpedaling by saying your plans for liberals were metaphorical.  Your comments toward liberals display hate, Vic.  There is no denying it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.36    5 years ago
You're backpedaling by saying your plans for liberals were metaphorical.

Unfortunately any normal decent human being would know that liberals should be bringing in shopping carts is metaphorical!  .

Your comments toward liberals display hate, Vic.

That's four times. You just can't help yourself. You need to smear and destroy people. And you support all the smearing and mind control of the left. You should be ashamed of yourself!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.38  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.37    5 years ago

If it were metaphorical, it would still be hateful.  My comment stands, and was directed at your comments, not you personally.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.38    5 years ago
If it were metaphorical, it would still be hateful. 

Anyone who puts words before actions wouldn't know the meaning of hate.

My comment stands

That it will!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.40  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.39    5 years ago

You're the one saying 

And why are they a required topic? They were all but dead and buried until the left started tearing down statues!

They attacked people, Vic.  One of them killed a peaceful protester.  That's an action, is it not?  Why do you disregard that action, or the fact that domestic terrorism is mostly perpetrated by white supremacists?

You put more significance on the negative actions of one side that you do on the other's.  Violence by right wingers is deemed irrelevant, out of date, unimportant, and a justified reaction to political actions.  Examining them objectively does not suit your narrative.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2.41  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.40    5 years ago

This is directed to both Vic and Sandy (and I am putting it in this order to be fair since it looks like I am addressing Sandy.) This thread is getting to personal in nature. Please stop. 

Thanks!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.42  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2.40    5 years ago
They attacked people, Vic.

True, as did antifa

One of them killed a peaceful protester.  

True, she was in a violent place, a kind of war zone, was she not?  (Do protesters think about that?)

That's an action, is it not?

And that is the lone action you see?  WOW!

Why do you disregard that action

I didn't disregard it, but you disregard/play down what antifa and BLM has done.

or the fact that domestic terrorism is mostly perpetrated by white supremacists?

That is an interesting talking point. When domestic terrorism happens people get indicted, prosecuted and punished. That dosent happen with antifa. As a matter of fact I would say that antifa enjoys the same status that the brown shirts once had in Nazi Germany. They are above the law, free to commit violence and attack whomever they please!

You put more significance on the negative actions of one side that you do on the other's.  

First of all, neither side is mine and sometimes one side is simply a journalist while the other is antifa! Second, there is no question that the left commits far more mayhem and is NEVER punished!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.41    5 years ago

Ok, As Joe Biden once said "I think my time is up!"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Silly, don't you know EVERYTHING is about this turd in chief?  This big fat greasy pig pile of shit?  Did I mention ugly, big, fat, greasy, pig, pile of shit?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     5 years ago

What a whiner and crybaby he is. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Michelle Malkin Smears Cokie Roberts on the Day of Her Death: ‘One of the First Guilty Culprits of Fake News’

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_dai   Justin Baragona, The Daily Beast   12 hours ago  

f630dd72606dd0fb36a45027830bb0f0 Charley Gallay/Getty for International Innovators of Justice/American Justice Alliance
Hours after the world learned that journalist   Cokie Roberts had passed away   following complications from breast cancer, right-wing provocateur   Michelle Malkin   took a swipe at the reporter’s legacy by calling her “one of the first guilty culprits of fake news.”

Taking part in a panel at the Paley Center on Tuesday, Malkin joined an array of liberal and conservative commentators and media figures to discuss whether the media is biased.

At one point in the discussion, Malkin—who has   recently been making the media rounds   hawking her latest anti-immigrant book—took aim at Roberts.

“Cokie Roberts, of course, passed away today and God bless her for an incredible career that she had but I distinctly remember that she was one of the first guilty culprits of fake news,” she declared.

“We’re doing this today?” CNN chief media correspondent Brian Stelter, who was also on the panel, interjected.

“Yes, yes we are,” Malkin confirmed.

“You’re attacking her today,” Stelter continued. “I just want to be clear: The body isn’t even cold yet.”

Malkin, meanwhile, said her remark was “pertinent” to the issue of “fake news,” bringing up   an instance in 1994   when Roberts stood in front of a projection of the Capitol to do an ABC News report from the State of the Union address.

“This was a deliberate attempt to deceive the viewing public into thinking she was actually there live covering it,” Malkin added. “Fake news has existed   far   longer than before President Trump even had the idea of running for office.”

Malkin’s remarks, predictably, were not well received by the attendees, with   many in the audience   shouting at her to leave and go home. 

Tuesday was far from the first time that Malkin has kicked dirt on a prominent figure after he or she has passed away. During this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference,   Malkin slammed   the “ghost of John McCain” for what she described as his weak immigration policies.

Nasty bitch cunt Malkin

Ms. Roberts was respected, you never will be.  

So she's hawking a book.  WHORE.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

Isn't she an immigrant?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    5 years ago

No, the nasty bitch was born in Pennsylvania.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.1    5 years ago

I bet her parents were

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    5 years ago

I just looked up where she was born.  I didn't delve too far into the bigoted bitch's history.  I imagine you are correct though because she is Filipino.  I have a sister in law who was born in the Philipines (Spelling?)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

She's taking a page out of Ann Coulter's book.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're down

Kick 'em when they're stiff

Kick 'em all around

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @8    5 years ago

It's a Permanent Press, as Mal Kin knows Delicates

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

RIP Ms. Roberts. I enjoyed your work.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10  It Is ME    5 years ago

"She never treated me nicely,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One during a flight from Albuquerque to Mountain View, Calif., Tuesday afternoon. “But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals."

Trump is correct on BOTH counts ! 

The "Biggy Dealy" is ?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
10.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago

That's the same thing I was thinking. She was much better than the leftist loons they have on NPR these days like Michel Martin and Ari Shapiro. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago
"She never treated me nicely,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One during a flight from Albuquerque to Mountain View, Calif., Tuesday afternoon. “But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals."

Trump respects professional women

with knee pads

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago

The big deal is that he could have simply said "She was a professional." and left it at that.  But as usual, he had to make it about himself. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.3    5 years ago

I seem to remember another President that used "I", every time "He" spoke. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

It's really not that big of a deal …..is it ? 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
11  pat wilson    5 years ago

Cokie Roberts was non-partisan when it came to criticizing pols.

Best way for trump to respect her would be to leave her name out of his filthy mouth.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11.1  Split Personality  replied to  pat wilson @11    5 years ago
Cokie Roberts was non-partisan when it came to criticizing pols.

Agreed 100%.  Always appreciated her reports on PBS & NPR for decades.

A class act.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12  Tacos!    5 years ago
It is unclear what alleged mistreatment Trump was referring to

Maybe that's because he never said she mistreated him. He said she didn't treat him nicely. That's not the same thing. 

He also called her "professional" and said he respected that.  If you value objective journalism, you should probably see his remarks as a compliment. If you want to make something out of nothing, I guess you work for Yahoo news.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @12    5 years ago

He's obtuse about social niceties.

He should have called her professional because she earned that over a very long career, and left it at that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @12.1    5 years ago
He should have called her professional because she earned that over a very long career, and left it at that.

Yeah probably, but his first thought about anyone seems to be whether or not they like him or are nice to him.

The whole thing about being professional is it's not really her job to be nice to him. Somewhere inside, I think Trump knows that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @12    5 years ago
If you want to make something out of nothing, I guess you work for Yahoo news.

You call ever present and runaway narcissism "nothing".  It is the underlying basis for his entire personality. 

Most people I know think narcissists are assholes.  But the minority wants one to be president of the United States for 8 years. Very strange. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2    5 years ago
You call ever present and runaway narcissism "nothing".

You could try explaining why anyone should actually care about his remark. I realize it doesn't impact anything and shrug because that's who Trump has always been. It's not a shock.

But the minority wants one to be president of the United States for 8 years. Very strange. 

It would be very strange if that were the reason people voted for him. I think most people who voted for him did so in spite of that quality, not because of it. There's a difference.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.1    5 years ago
You could try explaining why anyone should actually care about his remark.

I did. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.1    5 years ago

When I say, repeatedly, that Trump is a liar, crook, bigot and moron, these descriptions are not up for debate, these are known facts. It is an endless embarrassment to the United States of America that he it's leader. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.1    5 years ago

Yet here you are as always minimalizing (spelling?) his disrespect and making everything goddamned fucking thing about him. 

For Christs' sake.   

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @12.2.4    5 years ago

[Deleted]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
12.2.6  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2    5 years ago

It's solely because we see the alternative far greater danger to our Republic and our liberties if any of the Democrats are elected president.  that alone is sufficient reason to support Trump 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @12.2.6    5 years ago

[Removed

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @12.2.6    5 years ago

That's just whack.  You must live in an alternate reality.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  JohnRussell    5 years ago

In the span of six short sentences to pay "respects" to Cokie Roberts, Trump twice mentions that she "didnt treat him well".  

So Roberts death , in his mind , is mainly a reminder that she didnt show him proper respect. 

He's a despicable human being.