╌>

Speculation On Whistleblower Centers On Trump Effort To Get Ukraine To Meddle In 2020 Election

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  227 comments

Speculation On Whistleblower Centers On Trump Effort To Get Ukraine To Meddle In 2020 Election

yv-YqI5w_normal.jpg

Judd Legum

@JuddLegum

·

9h

1. Based on what we know, one scenario is the whistleblower reported Trump promised to release Ukraine ’s aid package if the Ukrainian government pursued an investigation he believed would harm his political rival, Biden This would be one of the biggest scandals in U.S. history

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

We have a criminal president of the United States. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

but, where's the proof...

fake news Trump says,   and as we all know,

he would Never,    NOT LIE TO US !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    5 years ago
will once again explain this away and rationalize it

The Republican Party needs to raise their testosterone level and dump Trump as their nominee. They are afraid that without Trump as their hero and leader they have no manhood. The historical reputation of the GOP in the eyes of future generations is on the line. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    5 years ago
but, where's the proof..

In Trump's taxes that he refuses to release.

In the whistle blowers evidence that he refuses to allow Congress to see.

It the testimony of many of his aides, which he orders to remain silent.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago

precisely !

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago
In Trump's taxes that he refuses to release.

That's makes total sense. I know I put all my improper requests of international leaders to influence elections in my tax returns. Don't let up now. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.4    5 years ago

so, you have no desire to know who Trump might profit or loss from in the world...

cause profit and loss have been, and are,

his world.

Not wanting to know what might drive him,

is just silly.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.5    5 years ago
so, you have no desire to know who Trump might profit or loss from in the world

A little. Fortunately, he files a financial disclosure statement every year, so we have some idea. This one from 2017 is 88 pages. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the IRS has seen his actual returns and if they have a problem with them, they can always give the DOJ a heads up. He's been filing taxes for a very long time and they have had all this time to pursue some kind of prosecution against him. And they haven't done it. I assume they know better about these things than you and I.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.4    5 years ago
I know I put all my improper requests of international leaders to influence elections in my tax returns.

Ignorant statement there. 

When no bank in the US will loan Trump money anymore, what kind of "collateral" must Trump have offered to get Deutsche bank to loan him millions or billions?  Collateral which no other bank would accept.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    5 years ago
what kind of "collateral" must Trump have offered

I'm guessing the SEC and/or the IRS already know. Regular people don't have any idea, but some people seem to think it's valid and productive to imagine every possibility.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.8    5 years ago
I'm guessing the SEC and/or the IRS already know.

They may, but that is not in their area of jurisdiction.  The House has oversight authority over the Executive branch.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.9    5 years ago

All I'm saying is that 1) it's not information that's hard to find, and 2) if there were something criminal there, it would most likely have been referred to the proper investigators or prosecutors a long time ago.

Unless you think Trump is so clever that he was able to hide it from them. That seems unlikely, doesn't it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.10    5 years ago
1) it's not information that's hard to find

That's not true and you know it.

2) if there were something criminal there, it would most likely have been referred to the proper investigators or prosecutors a long time ago.

That's not how it works, the IRS deals with numbers not criminal indictments for anything other than taxes.  It especially does not handle oversight duties over the executive branch.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    5 years ago
That's not how it works, the IRS deals with numbers not criminal indictments for anything other than taxes.

The IRS conducts criminal investigations and refers cases to DOJ for prosecution every day (actually it's about 10 or 12 new cases every day ). Here's how it works:

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated

It especially does not handle oversight duties over the executive branch.

The executive branch? To be clear, are you claiming that Trump did something inappropriate with the bank while he was president? That would be very strange because he gave up control of the Trump Corporation when he became president.

Now if you're talking about loans made to Trump before he was president, I don't see how that would have any relationship to executive oversight since he wasn't the executive at that time.

So I think you (and Congress) need to decide if you are investigating the president of the United States (which Trump has only been since January of 2017) or if you are investigating a private citizen and a private transaction. In that case, I would say the usual authorities are well equipped to investigate the matter. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.12    5 years ago
The IRS conducts criminal investigations and refers cases to DOJ for prosecution every day (actually it's about 10 or 12 new cases every day ).

They still don't do oversight.  There is nothing illegal about getting a loan from Deutsche bank, but as POTUS it shows that he would be susceptible to pressure from the Russian government.  Or do you not understand what that is about? 

Even Deutsche bank labeled Trump as a possible money launderer. 

Deutsche Bank Flagged, Then Ignored Suspicious Transactions by Trump and Kushner, Report Says

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    5 years ago
They still don't do oversight.

Correct.  As you say, it's not their job.

There is nothing illegal about getting a loan from Deutsche bank,

Also correct.

but as POTUS it shows that he would be susceptible to pressure from the Russian government.

Why?  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.14    5 years ago
Why?

Seriously?  Every bank has labeled Trump as a bad investment except Deutsche bank. 

Deutsche bank is known to be controlled by the Russian government.

Why would a bank loan money to a known loser, when such a loan would be against their own interests?  What does the bank/Russian government expect to get back for their money?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    5 years ago
getting a loan from Deutsche bank . . . susceptible to pressure from the Russian government.

Deutsche Bank does business in Russia (like pretty much every major bank), but the bank itself is German, so I think he would maybe a little more susceptible to pressure from the German government.

as POTUS it shows that he would be susceptible to pressure from the Russian government

How do you define that as unique to Trump? Obama was famously caught on a hot mic secretly telling the Russian Prime Minister how he would be more flexible after the election. Clearly, Russia can pressure a US president whether they have business connections or not. What matters is the decisions they make and the actions they ultimately take.

Or do you not understand what that is about?

I understand that it's about getting hysterical based on appearances and innuendo rather than actual events.

labeled Trump as a possible money launderer

That doesn't impress. You can label anyone a "possible" anything.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.16    5 years ago
You can label anyone a "possible" anything.

I didn't label anyone, Deutsche bank did after suspicious activity.  But you just go ahead and keep ignoring everything that goes against Trump, we don't expect anything less.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.15    5 years ago
Deutsche bank is known to be controlled by the Russian government.

Known by whom?  "Controlled by"?  Really?  The evidence suggests otherwise.

They've been fined for bribing Russian officials.   

If you're "controlled by the Russian government", you don't need to bribe them to win their business.

Why would a bank loan money to a known loser, when such a loan would be against their own interests?

For the same reason they loan money to Sears or Fitbit or the guy who wants to buy a car with a 600 credit rating.  They have people that assess that risk and assign a premium to it.  Higher risk people pay much higher interest rates.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.1.19  cobaltblue  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago
Trump's taxes that he refuses to release.

In the whistle blowers evidence that he refuses to allow Congress to see.

It the testimony of many of his aides, which he orders to remain silent.

Yeahhhhh ... there's that. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.18    5 years ago
Known by whom?  "Controlled by"?  Really?  The evidence suggests otherwise.

What evidence?

Deutsche Bank faces action over $20bn Russian money-laundering scheme

Deutsche Bank internal probe found €175m of Russian dirty money

Lawrence O'Donnell: Source says Russian oligarchs co-signed Trump's Deutsche Bank loans

If you're "controlled by the Russian government", you don't need to bribe them to win their business.

You do when the government is a corrupt as Russia's.

For the same reason they loan money to Sears or Fitbit or the guy who wants to buy a car with a 600 credit rating.  They have people that assess that risk and assign a premium to it.  Higher risk people pay much higher interest rates.

That's because Sears and Fitbit still offer hope of being able to repay the loan.  Trump has been turned down by EVERY OTHER BANK , only Deutsche bank is willing to loan him money and even AFTER Deutsche bank identified suspicious activity by Trump.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Jack_TX  replied to  cobaltblue @1.1.19    5 years ago

Personally, I'm not a fan of Donald Trump.

But you certainly understand that none of that actually constitutes "proof" of anything.  If there was actual proof, they would have impeached him by now. 

I would much rather have Pence as president anyway.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.22  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    5 years ago
What evidence?

The fact they're bribing Russian officials to win Russian govt business.  

Deutsche Bank faces action over $20bn Russian money-laundering scheme
Deutsche Bank internal probe found €175m of Russian dirty money Lawrence O'Donnell: Source says Russian oligarchs co-signed Trump's Deutsche Bank loans

You have clearly formed opinions without understanding or even reading the links you supply.  

Link1:  Your own article undermines your conclusions.  In paragraph 6, the article states that the bank was wholly unaware its network was used for illegal activity until after the OCCRP was released and a newspaper asked for comment.  

Link 2:  If you're controlled by the Russian government, you don't announce their dirty money after an internal probe.  Good grief.

Link 3:  Did you actually miss Lawrence O'Donnell apologizing to Donald Trump over this wholly unsubstantiated rumor?  This isn't a topic you follow closely, obviously.

You do when the government is a corrupt as Russia's.

So you are imagining a scenario where Deutsche Bank is controlled by the Russian government and some administrator along the way decides that he's going to interfere with Vladimir Putin's orders until he gets a substantial payment.  I mean....after all....what's ol' Vlad going to do about it?  

The whole idea is damn silly.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.23  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.17    5 years ago
I didn't label anyone

Oh God. Have you never heard about the general/generic/indefinite "you?"

But you just go ahead and keep ignoring everything

I would say the fact that I am commenting on it proves I'm not ignoring it. However, you don't your usual job of ignoring most of the content of the comment to which you replied.

we don't expect anything less

Who's "we?" You got a mouse helping you type? /s

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.24  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    5 years ago
Lawrence O'Donnell: Source says Russian oligarchs co-signed Trump's Deutsche Bank loans

LOL! You cited Lawrence O'Donnell! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.24    5 years ago

So, 

you find the possibility that Trump getting money from An Oligarch influenced banking institution, that ALREADY HAS done loaning to Trump, 

COULD NEVER be 

capable, to wield influence over someone ....?   say, like US,

withholding a quarter Billion from an anonymous country unless they provided possible damaging evidence on a possible future rival candidate ... .because of the source

Yea, what are the odds this could be true

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.26  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.25    5 years ago
COULD NEVER be 

You're a grown-up, so I'll let you figure out on your own whether or not I said anything like it "could never be."

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.27  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.24    5 years ago
You cited Lawrence O'Donnell

I don't even think the farthest left of the leftist loons would cite O'Donnell.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.28  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.25    5 years ago
An Oligarch influenced banking institution

I think the claims that Deutsche Bank is "oligarch influenced" or "controlled by the Russian government" are completely unsubstantiated and ridiculously ignorant.

The very idea depends on math so bad it makes Bernicare and the Green New Deal look sane by comparison.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.29  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.28    5 years ago
I think the claims that Deutsche Bank is "oligarch influenced" or "controlled by the Russian government" are completely unsubstantiated and ridiculously ignorant.

What would you suppose the "Math" would be when you added up the wealth of all of these Russian oligarchs, then added it to, arguably,

say the worlds richest individual, that Put in place, our little puppy  puppet boy, who, reportedly pees himself, or is peed upon, when in Putin's presence ?

As i believe that would be quite a sum of money,

but, as we all know, money could never influence anything,

but, most everything.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.29    5 years ago
As i believe that would be quite a sum of money,

How much?  Do tell.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.31  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.26    5 years ago
You're a grown-up, so I'll let you figure out on your own whether or not I said anything like it "could never be."

some "grown-up" s

realize, that the word "possibly" preceding "COULD NEVER b",

is somewhat of a statement of paradoxical proportions

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

Trumptards will once again explain this away and rationalize it.  He is a criminal plain and simple.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

And if they can't, they'll just use the standard fall back "Butt Hillary!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

We just have another old saggy, butt, deplorable POS in the WH

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    5 years ago

Maybe, but this one we call Mr. President. The other one?   Not so much

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    5 years ago

There's no maybe about it. He's a deplorable POS with an old, fat, saggy butt

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.4    5 years ago
with an old, fat, saggy butt

Is that yet another liberal label for their identity politics?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @2.1.5    5 years ago
Is that yet another liberal label for their identity politics?

Not when Wally was the first to use it...

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.7  lib50  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    5 years ago

Actually his new name is President Pussy Ass Bitch.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.8  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @2.1.7    5 years ago
Actually his new name is President Pussy Ass Bitch.

Is that what you came up with? Are you 15?

It's pretty childish.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.9  cobaltblue  replied to    5 years ago
What a deplorable POS she is..

Oh. I see. And your hero is the uber asshole. He's the asshole that all other assholes call an asshole. So far, these are what the Liar-In-Chief lays claim to:

Sometimes it’s worth stepping back to look at the full picture.

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He genuflects to murderous dictators.

He has alienated America’s closest allies.

He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.

He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.

He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.

He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.

He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.

[continued]

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.10  cobaltblue  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.9    5 years ago

[continued]

He has repeatedly denigrated a deceased United States senator who was a war hero.

He insulted a Gold Star family — the survivors of American troops killed in action.

He described a former first lady, not long after she died, as “nasty.”

He described white supremacists as “some very fine people.”

He told four women of color, all citizens and members of Congress, to “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came.”

He made a joke about Pocahontas during a ceremony honoring Native American World War II veterans.

He launched his political career by falsely claiming that the first black president was not really American.

He launched his presidential campaign by describing Mexicans as “rapists.”

He has described women, variously, as “a dog,” “a pig” and “horseface,” as well as “bleeding badly from a facelift” and having “blood coming out of her wherever.”

He has been accused of sexual assault or misconduct by multiple women.

He enthusiastically campaigned for a Senate candidate who was accused of molesting multiple teenage girls.

He waved around his arms, while giving a speech, to ridicule a physically disabled person.

He has encouraged his supporters to commit violence against his political opponents.

He has called for his opponents and critics to be investigated and jailed.

He uses a phrase popular with dictators — “the enemy of the people” — to describe journalists.

He attempts to undermine any independent source of information that he does not like, including judges, scientists, journalists, election officials, the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the Congressional Budget Office and the National Weather Service.

He has tried to harass the

chairman of the Federal Reserve into lowering interest rates.

He said that a judge could not be objective because of his Mexican heritage.

He obstructed justice by trying to influence an investigation into his presidential campaign.

He violated federal law by directing his lawyer to pay $280,000 in hush money to cover up two apparent extramarital affairs.

He made his fortune partly through wide-scale financial fraud.

He has refused to release his tax returns.

He falsely accused his predecessor of wiretapping him.

He claimed that federal law-enforcement agents and prosecutors regularly fabricated evidence, thereby damaging the credibility of criminal investigations across the country.

He has ordered children to be physically separated from their parents.

He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

He has called America a “hellhole.” *

Cite

* As a candidate he campaigned almost exclusively on grievance in 2016, asserting just before he ran that the country “ is a hellhole. We are going down fast.” He argued that U.S. presidents were “stupid leaders” who made the “stupidest” deals and started stupid wars led by generals who were “reduced to rubble.” Federal judges were “very unfair” and “a disgrace.” The United States, he said, is a “laughingstock all over the world.”

Here's the truth for all the world to see: Trumpo the Clown has made the United States a laughingstock. Watch this video .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.10    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.12    5 years ago
The difference being ASSHOLES have a viable purpose in life, OPINIONS, not so much.

So what would your opinion be on ASSHOLES,

not so much,

because less is often found to reveal more...?

by the way, from that meager list Cobalt relayed to you, and you dismiss, i must assume, as you have, as much stated.

From that list,     Which "opinion" would wish to dispute ?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.14  cobaltblue  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.12    5 years ago
CB...   maybe you missed this part of the diatribe post you made:

Dear XD, it appears you think I was making a statement of law, of which opinion matters not. I was not referring to things of a tenuous legal nature. Whether or not that's opinion, it doesn't make the statement less true. 

For instance, if I said that Trumplethinskin definitely screwed his daughter, there's a matter of law (legislative or moral) that has to be connected to that comment. I would have to provide a link that there was concrete evidence that either he admitted to it or Ivanka admitted to it. But if I said that Trump has lusted after his daughter because he's been videotaped and audiotaped indicating such, that would be an opinion based on the Liar-In-Chief's own words. It doesn't make it less true simply because it's an opinion. Those forty or so sentences are not untrue although it is an opinion piece. 

If you're referring to matters of law and precedence, opinions matter as much as truth matters to the Traitor-in-Chief. Matters of law and precedence have to have links based in fact. If I think that Trump wants to screw his daughter based on what he's said, it's an opinion based in fact. See the difference? Easy peasy if you think about it.

I stand by his opinion because it's my opinion as well as the opinion of many many many people. Not all, of course. 

I do want to express my appreciation to Trump for handing us back Congress. He had both Houses and shit in both. It's a shame he's fucking up the GOP. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
  special attention is being paid to a 25 July phone call between Trump President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine.   CNN   reports that while there is “so far no public evidence that the whistle-blower’s complaint pertains to this conversation”, a bizarre media appearance by Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Thursday suggests that may be the case.

During an interview with CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, Giuliani was confronted over allegations that he had previously asked Ukraine to “look into” former vice president and current presidential hopeful Joe Biden.

“No, actually I didn’t,” Giuliani responded. “I asked the Ukraine to investigate the allegations that there was interference in the election of 2016 by the Ukrainians for the benefit of Hillary Clinton.”

However, when the question was put to him once more seconds later, he responded: “Of course I did.”

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

If I knew something that would positively guarantee bringing down Trump once and for all, I would find some way to get it out there even if it meant I would have to go into hiding.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    5 years ago

believe they call that, taking one for the team

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I thought Trump had made America great again. If that were actually, in reality, the case, he would be so popular he wouldnt need to try and extort foreign nations into helping him win next year. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

I hope the dirt on Biden is revealed for all to see. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    5 years ago

yer boy Trump, could set the truth free,

but, apparently, 

he feels his followers,

CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

N

, i sadly must agree.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    5 years ago

There is no dirt on Biden.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4  Dulay  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    5 years ago
I hope the dirt on Biden is revealed for all to see. 

Since you insist that this 'dirt' exists, why don't YOU reveal it Dean? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4    5 years ago
Since you insist that this 'dirt' exists, why don't YOU reveal it Dean? 

Like "Speculating" Judd has ? Which the "Left" is now falling all over themselves about...…Of course, I'm "speculating" thoughjrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

"Speculation" is sooooo …… " Telling "9h ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.2  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.1    5 years ago
Like "Speculating" Judd has ? Which the "Left" is now falling all over themselves about...…Of course, I'm "speculating" though "Speculation" is sooooo …… " Telling "9h

WTF are you babbling about? 

Try addressing my comment rather than posting an incoherent stream of consciousness. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.3  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.2    5 years ago
WTF are you babbling about?

Figures !

"Try addressing my comment"

I did....since you're being soooooo "Speculative" like the media, in YOUR OWN comments:

6.2.2  Dulay - "False. Trump tried to extort Ukraine by withholding aid."

So says Speculating JUDD too ! jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Here's most of the Medias big story:

"Did Trump try to extort Ukraine for dirt on Biden? "

Questions, Questions, Questions.

But YOU are so sure.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.4  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.3    5 years ago
I did.

No, you posted whataboutism. 

Questions, Questions, Questions.
But YOU are so sure.

Giuliani admitted that he went to the Ukraine to push them to use their Justice system against Biden. Do you actually think that Trump doing the same, and holding aid is a stretch?  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.5  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.4    5 years ago
Do you actually think that Trump doing the same, and holding aid is a stretch?  

We already know what Gulliani was doing, as he "Said So".

Now …..

Do we know the what and why ….for sure …… what Trump was doing ?

"No, you posted whataboutism."

You posted your comment as "Fact":

And you have no clue if it's FACT. Just like JUDD and the media don't !

Seems you have Speculatism syndrome issues too !

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.6  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.5    5 years ago
Do we know the what and why ….for sure …… what Trump was doing ?

Well since the State Department made the arrangements for Giuliani, it sure looks like Trump sent him to the Ukraine to get them to use their Justice system against his political opponent. 

You posted your comment as "Fact"

I posted the information as we know it. 

Seems you have Speculatism syndrome issues too !

It's interesting that you don't seem to have issues with 'Speculatism' of conservatives here. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.6    5 years ago
I posted the information as we know it. 

You emphatically stated:

Care to tell us who it is that actually "KNOWS THAT" for sure ?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.8  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.7    5 years ago
Care to tell us who it is that actually "KNOWS THAT" for sure ?

The same people that 'actually know that' Trump asked Ukraine to investigate 'criminal activity'.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.9  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.8    5 years ago
The same people that 'actually know that' Trump asked Ukraine to investigate 'criminal activity'.

And those would be ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Funny....Dems want to investigate Trump for supposed Corruption ALL THE TIME, but when Trump wants to investigate a Democrats Corruption, suddenly Trump should be impeached, and Ol' Joe should be made President ! 

Hypocrites ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.10  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.9    5 years ago
And those would be ? 

The guy that wrote this: 

Funny....Dems want to investigate Trump for supposed Corruption ALL THE TIME, but when Trump wants to investigate a Democrats Corruption, suddenly Trump should be impeached, and Ol' Joe should be made President ! 

Funny that I've heard so much whining about a 'foreign spy' investigating Trump but when Trump tries to extort a foreign nation to investigate Biden, you are all in.

AMERICAN Democrats are investigating Trump's corruption. They aren't asking a foreign nation to do so. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.12  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.10    5 years ago
Funny that I've heard so much whining about a 'foreign spy' investigating Trump but when Trump tries to extort a foreign nation to investigate Biden, you are all in. AMERICAN Democrats are investigating Trump's corruption. They aren't asking a foreign nation to do so. 

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

WASHINGTON—President Trump asked his acting chief of staff to place a hold on $391 million in aid to Ukraine more than a week before a July phone call in which he urged his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate Joe Biden’s son, according to a person familiar with the matter, a revelation that comes as an investigation into the president’s dealings with Kiev is mushrooming on Capitol Hill.

Congress had approved sending military aid to Ukraine to help the country defend against Russian aggression. But Mr. Trump and his advisers, including then-national security adviser John Bolton and Defense Secretary Mark Esper, began discussing in June the prospect of putting a hold on the funds while the administration reviewed them, a senior administration official said.
In July, Mr. Trump directed acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to do just that, and the decision was passed along to lower-level officials during a July 18 meeting, according to the official. The Washington Post first reported the news of the president’s directive to Mr. Mulvaney.
The official said the request reflected the president’s concerns about how the U.S. is spending aid money and whether U.S. allies are adequately contributing. The Pentagon has long been in favor of pressing forward on military aid.
Another administration official said the reasons given internally for the decision to hold up the funds were the lack of support from other countries to Ukraine and concerns about corruption in the country. Mr. Trump has repeatedly pointed to corruption in Ukraine in his calls for an investigation of Mr. Biden in recent days.
That Mr. Trump had already directed a review of military aid to Ukraine when he asked the country’s president to investigate his potential political opponent is likely to intensify investigations in Congress into the connection between those two actions.

Seems we're now hearing, this supposed "Whistle Blower", really can't Whistle. Apparently the "Whistle Blower" really didn't know the Tune ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.13  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.12    5 years ago

So I presume that the 'Administration official' is a WH sycophant parroting the Trump playbook prior to Trump changing his excuse for the second time. 

If Trump can blow off a whistle blower complaint because he 'was told' that the whistle blower was 'partisan' meaning 'from the other party', I can blow off an article based on the machinations of WH sycophants.

The bill that includes the 2019 aid to Ukraine states:

With respect to Russia, the bill maintains the long-standing prohibition of military-to-military cooperation with Russia; it maintains the prohibition of U.S. Government recognition of the illegal occupation of Crimea; it funds the President’s request of $250.0 million for assistance to Ukraine, including for lethal defensive items;

So in 2018 Trump requests $250 million for the Ukraine, he gets what he wants and signs that bill in October of 2018. NOWHERE in Trump's signing statement for the NDAA 2019 does he mention any issues with the section that enumerates that funding. 

Then for some reason, Trump decides to hold the funding that he requested and the Congress passed and SUDDENLY claims that it's all about corruption and other countries not 'paying up'. 

Corruption in Ukraine and international funding for Ukraine hasn't had an appreciable change between Oct. 2018 and today. 

All  Trump's excuses are incredulous and anyone who believes his bullshit is naïve at best. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.14  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.13    5 years ago
So I presume that the 'Administration official' is a WH sycophant parroting the Trump playbook prior to Trump changing his excuse for the second time. 

Are they ?

"If Trump can blow off a whistle blower complaint because he 'was told' that the whistle blower was 'partisan' meaning 'from the other party', I can blow off an article based on the machinations of WH sycophants."

What-a-bout-ism. jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.15  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.14    5 years ago
Are they ?

Based on the fact that they spewed the same bullshit Trump did, yes. 

What-a-bout-ism.

No, it's called equal standards. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.4.16  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.4.15    5 years ago
No, it's called equal standards. 

Oh......I'll remember that. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.4.17  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.4.16    5 years ago
Oh......I'll remember that

I doubt it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Knowing that Fox News has barely covered the explosive allegations from an anonymous intelligence official’s whistleblower complaint, President Donald Trump Friday morning was hard at work trying to reframe the allegations to his base.

Based on multiple Washington Post reports, the whistleblower is alleging President Trump committed repeated acts that were considered so troubling the intel community’s inspector general called the whistleblower’s complaint “credible” and “urgent.”

They include Trump   apparently withholding U.S. Military aid from Ukraine   in an attempt to strong-arm that nation’s new president into digging up dirt against his top political opponent, Joe Biden.

If true, legal experts say, it is not only   impeachable , but a criminal offense.

Trump Friday morning is claiming there are multiple whistleblowers, which if true is news, and they are “highly partisan,” which he puts in quotes as if to suggest the media has characterized them that way, which is false.

He also suggests the media is minimizing what the complaint alleges: he claims the media is calling his threat to withhold military aid merely “a ‘dicey’ conversation.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump was asked this morning by a reporter if he has ever discussed Joe Biden with the president of Ukraine, and Trump answered "it doesnt matter"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Panelists on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” agreed President Donald Trump’s phone call to Ukraine’s president should be a “game changer” — and was clearly “impeachable.”

The July 25 call appears to have triggered a complaint from a whistleblower, after the president allegedly offered military and financial aid to Ukraine in exchange for pursuing an investigation into Joe Biden’s son doing business there.

“It does feel like a moment in time,” said MSNBC’s Donny Deutsch. “We’ve sat on this set after so many Trump’s snafus and this is it — this is a game changer. If the Democrats can’t smell this. I’ve been going all along, step away from impeachment because when it’s a process thing, when it’s campaign finance, this is the big one. If this is the case, this is the Super Bowl, and the Democrats need to pounce aggressively.”

Co-host Mika Brzezinski said details about the call likely would be revealed, and soon, and host Joe Scarborough said even Republicans — including the Senate majority leader, who   finally caved on an election security bill   — seemed to understand these allegations were explosive.

“I found it very telling that Mitch McConnell caved yesterday,” Scarborough said, “very telling that after doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding over the past several years, and refusing to listen to all the intel chiefs that Donald Trump appointed to protect American democracy against what they call an imminent threat, that Mitch McConnell chose yesterday, as this story was exploding about other foreign interference in American democracy, that’s when he finally caved and stopped worrying about Vladimir Putin and started worrying about protecting and defending American democracy.”

Scarborough called the allegations against Trump impeachable, and former Bush White House aide Elise Jordan said they obviously called for impeachment.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago
Panelists on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” agreed President Donald Trump’s phone call to Ukraine’s president should be a “game changer” — and was clearly “impeachable.”

Of course they do. Hell, everything they....and you...have accused the President of doing has turned out to be false. This is no different.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @9.1    5 years ago

You support a man who is a known crook , liar, bigot, and moron to be president of the United States. We all know that Bugsy. There are no misunderstandings here. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    5 years ago

Again I ask you.....what "I hate Trump" seed that you have posted over the past few years have become true?

I've asked you this many times and have never gotten an answer.

Maybe...just maybe...you can finally deliver?

BTW....the known bigot, liar  and moron left the White House January 2017.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @9.1.2    5 years ago

Bugsy, you are not remotely worth the effort it would take to repost varying articles of information. Your stalling, bamboozling and distraction tactics may work with the person you see in the mirror, and other Trumpsters, but it doesnt work with me or impress me. 

If Giuliani needs an assistant though , someone like you may have the qualifications. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    5 years ago
Your stalling, bamboozling and distraction tactics may work with the person you see in the mirror, and other Trumpsters, but it doesnt work with me or impress me. 

So you refuse to post ONE article, out of HUNDREDS you have posted, that has come true. Why?

Because you don't have one to show.

BTW, I would be honored to work with Rudy.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Speculation"

Just another one of those …. "Seed Doubt" no matter what type Articles. 

This Part was REALLY funny: jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

"Based on what we know, one scenario is "

Is it a REAL "Scenario", or just something someone came up with just for the heck of it ?

I see it's noted that there is "One Possible Scenario"...…

Is there a "Second Possible scenario" we need to know about ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago

ask two timin double speak extraordinaire, Rudy Giuliani  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10.1    5 years ago
ask two timin double speak extraordinaire, Rudy Giuliani  

Giuliani did the reporting on this ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @10.1.1    5 years ago

believe it was some French Vegetable

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10.1.2    5 years ago
believe it was some French Vegetable

"le poireau" ?

I say "le raifort" to that (being how nice I am) ! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

This is chapter 4 of the deep state effort to get Trump.  Sorry, if it's liked to Biden's blackmailing the government of Ukraine to fire the investigator of his devious son, we already know all about it. Creepy Joe already told us all about it!

Aside from that the President gets to make foreign policy, despite how some leftist holdover feels about it!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    5 years ago

Even if your out of context claim were true, do you believe it justifies Trump with holding military aid unless dirt on his rival is provided ?

Isn't this the same guy you swear had NO COLLUSION with Putin and Russia in 2016, cause i guess you believe, Trump is not capable, as he consistently proves differently, over and over ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.1    5 years ago
Trump with holding military aid unless dirt on his rival is provided ?

Prove it!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    5 years ago

u refuse to accept proof

i

have proof

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.3    5 years ago
u refuse to accept proof

i

have proof

Try 'em. You may be surprised ! jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.1.5  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.3    5 years ago
u refuse to accept proof

i

have proof

Remember what we talked about the other day concerning coherent posts. Try and read yours again.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @11.1.5    5 years ago

u read it again, i wrote it, and on rare occasions,

i can comprehend coherency , can you, on occasion clarify my uncarefully cloaked and uncoded correspondence, carefully calculated so as some can't relate to it, causing incoherency for almost, all to C watt i N lightened U 2, could possibly B   A  

WAREhouse, of apparency, cause it is uncommon common sense that be untransparent to sum, due to various factors, as multiplied are my detractors, who i attempt to show, that what must go on;

C  N  U 2 B A WARE

unless 

Uprefer to remain unaware, as i'm not shore there isn't moore 2 it

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.1.7  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.6    5 years ago

Lord, I'm not even going to try.

I prefer my IQ to stay elevated.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    5 years ago

How about you listen to Biden's WHOLE statement instead of truncating it to fit your agenda. 

Watch from 50:42:

BTW, how many of you Trump sycophants think that Trump could have cogently answered the questions put to Biden? 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @11.1.7    5 years ago
I prefer my IQ to stay elevated.

When you continue to support Trump, your iq has deflated.

Instead of accepting, maybe you oughta hate it.

The farce in OUR White House is plain and simple,

Fckd Up !

sixpick
Professor Quiet
11.1.11  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    5 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @11.1.11    5 years ago

So what they are trying to charge the President with (despite evidence) are the very things that Joe Biden has done?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    5 years ago

I dont care if Biden shot someone in the middle of Times Square, the president of the United States should not be asking , or blackmailing foreign governments into helping him win an election. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.3    5 years ago

That's the only way the republicans can win anything, blackmail, treason.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.3    5 years ago

And you have proof of that? The only one we know did that is Biden!

Time to put up or shut up

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.3.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.3.2    5 years ago

Reputable newspapers are reporting that the "whistleblower" information about Trump concerns a phone call between Trump and the President of the Ukraine. What other inappropriate things would Trump bring up that would trigger a formal whistleblower complaint against him?  I suppose it could in fact be an endless list, but I think they have it properly narrowed down. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
11.3.4  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @11.3.3    5 years ago

Speculation has not worked out well for you or the Democrats.  It has made them look foolish.  Best to wait for something called facts. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
11.3.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @11.3.4    5 years ago
Speculation has not worked out well for you or the Democrats.  It has made them look foolish.  Best to wait for something called facts.

Then why don't you call Trump and have him allow the whistle blower to speak to Congress?  Better yet, call Putin and have him tell Trump.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.3.2    5 years ago
The only one we know did that is Biden!

Proof of that? Time to put up or shut up. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.3.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @11.3.6    5 years ago
Proof of that?

Twice here so far. You have yet to disprove it.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.8  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.3.7    5 years ago

In what comment did you prove that Biden was 'asking , or blackmailing foreign governments into helping him win an election.'?

I'll wait. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    5 years ago
Sorry, if it's liked to Biden's blackmailing the government of Ukraine to fire the investigator of his devious son, we already know all about it.

Utter bullshit. Seriously, do you EVER actually research WTF you post or do you ALWAYS swallow the pabulum? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @11.4    5 years ago

Let's see how much you know. What was the Ukrainian government paying Hunter Biden?   What was it for?

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.4.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.1    5 years ago
Let's see how much you know. What was the Ukrainian government paying Hunter Biden?   What was it for?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

That question proves how little YOU know about this issue. Hunter Biden was NOT paid by the Ukrainian GOVERNMENT Vic. 

Why are you refusing to educate yourself and asking foolish questions? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @11.4.2    5 years ago

The “massive bribery scheme” Giuliani is referring to has to do with Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, who held a directorship with a Ukrainian natural gas company called Burisma Holdings in 2014. At one point, Hunter was making $50,000 a month from Burisma.

"He is supposed to be advising them on natural gas regulatory issues. He has no background in Ukraine. He has no background in energy or natural gas. So the question is, What is he being paid for? He's not being paid for his expertise, he has none," Schweizer said. "His father at this time is the point person on U.S. policy to Ukraine."

And why do we waste our time with the likes of you?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.4.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.3    5 years ago
"He is supposed to be advising them on natural gas regulatory issues. He has no background in Ukraine. He has no background in energy or natural gas. So the question is, What is he being paid for? He's not being paid for his expertise, he has none," Schweizer said. "His father at this time is the point person on U.S. policy to Ukraine."

Why not ask the company instead of thinking it's something corrupt?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.4.4    5 years ago
Why not ask the company instead of thinking it's something corrupt?

It was being investigated by the Ukraine. Why did Biden/Obama have the investigator fired?  And congress had no interest in looking at it!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.4.6  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.4.4    5 years ago

It is hard to believe that if there is something there, all of this alleged cloak and dagger stuff would even be necessary. Although, if you listen to Rudy Guiliani, apparently it is. 

It sounds to me like one of those things that could appear to be corrupt, but probably isn't. Yet, it you could get the media talking about it, it could look bad for Biden in the same way all the Trump conflict of interest stories look bad for him.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.4.7  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.5    5 years ago

I think if it was genuinely criminal, DOJ would get involved.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @11.4.7    5 years ago

We don't know yet, but obviously a lot has been leaked, except for the damning part, which leads me to believe that this is, as I have said chapter 4 of the coups against the President!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.4.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.8    5 years ago

More crackpot conspiracy nut stuff from you all. 

We know that Trump asked Ukraine to interfere with our election, by "investigating" Biden. We know that Giuliani is a PRIVATE lawyer for Trump and not an intelligence agency employee, thus had no business in Ukraine trying to influence their government. We know that Trump is continuing to commit high crimes and misdemeanors. We know he is completely corrupt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.4.9    5 years ago
More crackpot conspiracy nut stuff from you all. 

You have the Masters in conspiracy nut stuff - Nobody shoveled more Russia hoax shit!

We know that Trump asked Ukraine to interfere with our election, by "investigating" Biden. 

Why should Biden be investigated?  Did anyone else try to investigate Hunter Biden?

We know he is completely corrupt. 

That sounds like a common intro from Pravda, back in the day, when every article began with "As is well known........

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.4.11  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.3    5 years ago

From your Fox link:

Author Peter Schweizer on Friday night addressed the questions surrounding Hunter Biden’s involvement with a Ukrainian natural gas company while his father, former Vice President Joe Biden, oversaw America’s Ukraine policy.

See the part in bold Vic? That Ukrainian natural gas company is a PRIVATELY owned company, NOT the Ukrainian GOVERNMENT. 

"The underlying story here involves Hunter Biden going around the world really collecting large payments from foreign governments and foreign oligarchs in the case of Ukraine," Schweizer, the author of "Secret Empires," said on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle."

Again, per your link, Biden was getting paid by an 'oligarch', NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

So let's review your question:

What was the Ukrainian government paying Hunter Biden?   What was it for?

ANSWERS: 

NOTHING.

NOTHING. 

And why do we waste our time with the likes of you?

WTF is that supposed to mean Vic?

Don't get pissed off at me because you proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are clueless about the issue.

That's on you. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.4.12  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.5    5 years ago
It was being investigated by the Ukraine. Why did Biden/Obama have the investigator fired? 

That's utter bullshit Vic.

I posted an article that debunks that claim.

If you had had the intellectual curiosity to READ it, you would know that the prosecutor that they fired was NOT investigating the oligarch that Biden worked for. In FACT, that is one of the reasons why the US, multiple other countries including the UK wanted him ousted. The IMF felt the prosecutor was so corrupt that they were close to cutting the Ukraine off. 

And congress had no interest in looking at it!

The GOP was in total control of the Congress at the time Vic. Guess we shouldn't let that happen again...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.4.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dulay @11.4.12    5 years ago

If Fox News says its true...

what can you do ?

It truly is FCKD UP that people either truly are that blinded, or R too lazy to go anywhere else to find it, so they rely on Laura's Angle to not mind it, as  obtuse are those suffering with acute child like in NO Sense, which makes them very rarely Right, except out of Left behind field of dreams and over the fence in a defensive posture determined to defend a manipulating truth decapitater tot without catching up as his spiel is the only one that could/would be real. The constant IN THEIR FACE LYING is all their buying, no sense even trying, cause the thousands of correlations could only be one giant coincidence, as Trump is their champion who could ONLY be Guilty of innocence, and that is what it makes to any thinking person

Thinking for ones self would be selfish, so they share without a care their ignorance with the rest of us, all because their condition was too critical, it's getting to the point to pull the damn plug, cause whatever Trump has pitched to these feeble minds, they've caught, like a virus, our only consolation would be that many actually do realize, they FCKD UP BIG TIME, but wish not to speak of their misguided decision to elect one who has truly cut an incision in the Red White and Blue fabric that had stitched together a nation.

It IS DISTURBING to watch this pissant parrot perch     out paradoxical paranormal porn which he wishes accepted as the norm, but enough will NOT Conform to the DEFORMED Derelict of Dooty shitting up our White Power House, that brings panes for those who see through a hollow little man stumping those who would allow feeble minds to be defined by him, and his G-D, A Greed or not. Who would have seen this plot unfolding in the sedentary pool of corruption drowning in lies, Lyes the Truth of it all,

as he has harnessed the reigns and flooded those, who can't and don't seem to 

mind 

"if we dance with your dates" Y No, go right ahead, 

OTIS !!

"Tell me something, are you lost when you've found your way,

i've been down there, so beware of what i say, feel no sorrow, feel no hate,

feel nothing at all,  

hold me baby"

Repeat Chorus     Line tangled

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.4.14  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.10    5 years ago

It's getting to the point where we are going to have to write off everything you say in every comment.  Your comments are so divorced from reality they are virtually useless. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.4.14    5 years ago

Maybe you should address the substance of comments rather than condemning them.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.4.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.15    5 years ago
Maybe you should address the substance of comments rather than condemning them.

You steadfastly refuse to acknowledge facts and since your comments have mostly been based solely on clueless bullshit, condemning them is the only way to address their 'substance'. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
11.4.17  cobaltblue  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.5    5 years ago
Why did Biden/Obama have the investigator fired? The vice president was reported to be just one part of a larger push coming from former President Obama's administration for the Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin to be removed over concerns of corruption in his office . Biden has since publicly detailed his threat to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees from the country if Shokin wasn't fired. [Comment mine: Biden didn't behave covertly.]

However, it's since been reported that there was not an active investigation into Hunter when the former vice president made the push for Shokin's firing, and Yuriy Lutsenko, Ukraine's prosecutor general, later said that he had no evidence of wrongdoing against either Biden.  [Emphasis mine.]

Despite the absence of proven wrongdoing by the Bidens, the back-and-forth has been used by the administration to obscure Giuliani's communications with Ukraine that were made public earlier this year and the growing concern that Trump actively collaborated with a foreign power to gain political leverage. [Emphasis mine.]

From the Business Insider

Why does your president always have to cheat to win? Why doesn't he run his campaign on his fabulous record thus far without Ukranian or Russian intervention?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  cobaltblue @11.4.17    5 years ago
Why doesn't he run his campaign on his fabulous record thus far without Ukranian or Russian intervention?

I'll leave that up there for all to see. [deleted]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.4.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.4.18    5 years ago
You probably still believe Tawana Brawley too.

Well if Trumpcan believe, despite DNA evidence, that the Central Park 5 are still guilty, of and for, being black and raping random jogging memories, as he paid almost six figures to take out print adds promoting bringing back the death penalty,  why can one not believe ole Al,

as,

you believe and defend Trump on everything, why should we 

still believe you, the supporter and defender of the biggest liar the position of the POTUS, has ever seen ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.4.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.4.19    5 years ago

The Central Park 5 ?

Why not do an article on that subject?  It's a fascinating story - the night when gangs roamed Central Park. (there's your title!)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

"I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’

Well, son of a bitch, he got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time."

Joe Biden detailing how the Obama administration extorted the Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who was investigating the Bidens. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14  Tacos!    5 years ago
Based on what we know

Which, if we're really honest, is nothing. 

But sure, let's get ourselves worked up over a big fat maybe from an unknown source.

Trump promised to release Ukraine’s aid package

According to The Wall Street Journal , this didn't come up in the conversation.

Mr. Trump in the call didn’t mention a provision of U.S. aid to Ukraine, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on any investigation.

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @14    5 years ago
But sure, let's get ourselves worked up over a big fat maybe from an unknown source.

Then you quote a statement from a WSJ article that states: 'said this person' and rely on it to claim that it 'didn't come up in the conversation'. 

That drips with hypocrisy. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @14.1    5 years ago

This whole thing is much to do about nothing. Both sides are trying to take a nothing event and make it into something, so politics as usual. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @14.1    5 years ago
That drips with hypocrisy.

Hardly. I'm not talking about impeaching the president - or even just being offended - over an unsubstantiated claim that may or may not be problematic even if it is true. All I have done is cite a source who says the thing you're so bent up about didn't even happen. You don't even want to consider the possibility just because it might ruin your fantasy. That's hypocrisy.

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.1    5 years ago
This whole thing is much to do about nothing.

Please don't tell me that you think that Trump trying to get the Ukraine to use it's justice system to investigate an American citizen for his own personal gain is kosher Perrie. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @14.1.2    5 years ago
 All I have done is cite a source who says the thing you're so bent up about didn't even happen. 

You didn't 'cite a source', you quoted what allegedly 'this person' said. 

This after decrying 'a big fat maybe from an unknown source'.

THAT is hypocrisy. Own it. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dulay @14.1.4    5 years ago

it's the lease he could do

Hard or soft ?

seems most of there shells are hard, some almost impenetrable, as their ears won't hear, eyes won't see, nose doesn't, so follow the bit till bored, is a thick cranium filling in avoidance of understanding while sitting over, is an over reaching pussy grabber back and frontal assault stabber too confusing to trip his breakers  surfing with White MAGA hats off to the BULL, read not well  watered are the vegetables, starving for thought

So

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
15  cobaltblue    5 years ago

How come Trumplethinskin feels he can't win an election without Russian/Ukraine interference? Why doesn't he feel confident he can win on his own merits? Why the need to cheat? 

By the way, Biden's son isn't running for president. He may be an embarrassment for his family, but so was Billy Bush. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
15.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cobaltblue @15    5 years ago
How come Trumplethinskin feels he can't win an election without Russian/Ukraine interference?

Because even with Russia hacking his opponents and releasing embarrassing emails on his behalf, spending $1.25 million a month of fake ads and hacking at least 22 States voter rolls to gather voter data that they used to target certain segments of the US electorate, they still lost the popular vote by millions and only won the electoral college by a razor thin total of 110,000 votes spread out over three States. Trump hasn't ever won anything without cheating.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
15.1.1  cobaltblue  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @15.1    5 years ago
Trump hasn't ever won anything without cheating.

No shit. Why aren't people focusing on why he has to contact the Ukraine, Russia or any other country? If he's the greatest, then he shouldn't need to do that. Why is that normal for those on the right who defend him? Don't they ask themselves questions like that? If Obama would have done one one-hundredth of what Trump has done, I would want Obama out of office. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

Breaking News! Evidence has been found of Obama talking to the Ukrainian President where he is threatening holding back congressionally approved military funding to help Ukraine fight off Russian aggressors unless the Ukrainian secret service give him some dirt on perspective 2016 Republican candidates. And on top of that the Obama justice department refused to follow the law and forward a whistleblowers testimony of the conversation to congress who has direct oversight responsibility... -que Republican outrage...

Oh, wait, that wasn't Obama, that was Trump in regards to a 2020 Democrat candidate... Republicans can go back to sleep now. Many of his supporters, as Trump pointed out early in his campaign, wouldn't care if Trump gunned someone down in the street because they have no morals, they have to ethics, they have no honor, all they have left is a seething hatred for anyone who doesn't get down and kneel to the white Christian conservative patriarchy.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
16.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16    5 years ago
wouldn't care if Trump gunned someone down in the street

i wound't care either,

as long as

Trump was alone                                                                 on his One Way street

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  igknorantzrulz @16.1    5 years ago

Touché… ;)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17  MrFrost    5 years ago

So let me see if I have this straight. The right wing is up in arms because Biden, acting as VP, got a corrupt prosecutor fired. Fox news has reported that Biden's son was paid by an oligarch, not the Ukrainian government. All of this, has the right wing in a tailspin, for some reason. On the flip side, trump uses the office of the presidency to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Biden and his son for the reasons listed above. He does this to gain a political advantage over Biden, which is not what official presidential business is used for. The call is exposed as being extortion and trump and the DOJ quickly hide the call logs and the whistleblower report, refusing to give it to congress as is required by law. Initially, trump claims, (once again), it's a witch hunt and fake news, but just 36 hours later, he admits the call was made and Biden did come up and claims that it's all ok, but still refuses to give congress the report or the call logs. Now why all of this cloak and dagger shit that trump is doing? If it's all on the "up-N-up", why are they hiding the report and call logs? The right wing literally has no problems with it at all. 

In the end, trump tried to force the Ukraine to help him win an election. After the Mueller report said clearly that trump DID accept help from the Russians to win the 2016 election and after trump said on live TV that he would accept help again from a foreign country to win an election again... Yet the right wing is still saying, "Who? What? HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? Trump knows that there is no way in hell he can win an honest election. PERIOD. 

Give it a rest, trump got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, again, and no amount of spin is going to prevent it being front and center for the next year. 

So this is where I am at on this bullshit. 

I don't care if Biden is dirty and I don't care if Hunter took billions from the Ukrainian government, (he isn't and he didn't...but..)... Why? Because the right wing has given trump a pass on so much bullshit over the last three years, they don't get to complain about a GOD DAMNED THING. If Biden were to win, and he lies 10 times a day? "So?" 

If he cheats on his wife with a porn star and then pays her off? "So?". If he accepts help from a foreign adversarial nation to win the election? "So?" 

That's the problem with trump and his supporters...eventually trump is going to be thrown out of office and those same people won't be able to complain about a damn thing. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
18  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago
Based on what we know

Which isn't much of anything.  But, hey, that never stopped the Democrats and the left from going batshit crazy without evidence.

one scenario...

So you all are guessing.

Trump promised to release Ukraine ’s aid package if the Ukrainian government pursued an investigation he believed would harm his political rival, Biden

Would that be the aid Biden withheld to stop an investigation into his son?