╌>

Trump Just Told on Himself Again

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  28 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

If you’ve been following the decay of the president’s brain recently as he repeatedly stands and barks at reporters in front of a noisy helicopter, I think you’ll find Donald Trump’s jumbled comments today to be a doozy of a rant.

Trump, who looked like he hadn’t slept at all, was forced to address the latest scandal in which he is accused of extorting Ukrainian officials into investigating one of his political rivals in the 2020 campaign, Vice President Joe Biden.

Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer,   already has admitted he tried to influence Ukrainian officials   to investigate Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, on behalf of Trump. Several news organizations   also have reported on these efforts , which include a July phone call that Trump had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. During that call, Trump allegedly   pressured Zelensky about eight times   to work with Giuliani to dig up dirt on the Bidens.

On Sunday, Trump mostly admitted that he had spoken about Biden with Zelensky.

“The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, was largely corruption, all of the corruption taking place, was largely the fact that we don’t want our people like Vice President Biden and his son creating to the corruption already in the Ukraine, and Ukraine’s got a lot of problems,” Trump said, in what isn’t even my favorite Trump quote of the day.

He also praised acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire, the guy who in violation of federal law   refuses to turn over to Congress   a credible whistleblower complaint determined by the Intelligence Community Inspector General to be a matter of “urgent concern.”

“He is a great gentleman, Joe...He’s only going to do what’s right,”   the president said about Maguire .

On the president’s Twitter account, Trump, or someone in his circle who has access to it, was busy all morning ranting about Brett Kavanaugh, retweeting Fox News reports smearing the Bidens, and calling the press, yet again, the “ enemy of the people .”

Using Fox News, the president also elevated his defense of the Ukraine scandal to the next Trumpian level—which follows the   “So what?” stage —by declaring that he’s being spied on and attacked by the intelligence community. (Never mind that Trump had his own administration officials making the rounds on Sunday news shows to highlight the fact that   everyone knows people are listening in on the conversations , as if that were a defense of the president.) Being “spied on” was the same allegation Trump used countless times to defend himself during the Russia investigation.

But my favorite Trump comment so far today is when he revealed something about himself—albeit unintentionally—regarding that other corruption scandal that occurred the last time he and his family tried to enlist help from a foreign power to influence U.S. elections in his favor.

Remember that   June 2016 meeting   that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort had with Russian operatives at Trump Tower? The one in which Don Jr. sought “ damaging information ” about Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton? After that scandal blew up, both Don Jr. and Trump adamantly denied   speaking to each other about the meeting , a laughable defense.

Today, Trump unwittingly spilled the beans on that. While attempting to smear Biden, Trump said, “And now [Biden] made a lie when he said he never spoke to his son. I mean give me a break, he’s already said he spoke to his son and now he said yesterday very firmly. Who wouldn’t speak to your son? Of course you spoke to your son.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Lol.

Headline 1: "Trump says he will consider releasing transcript of Ukraine call"

Headline 2: "Pompeo: 'It wouldn't be appropriate' to release transcript of Trump conversation with Ukrainian president"

(via The Hill)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

John, you think those two things are contradictory?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

LOL -

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Just release the damned thing.  Trump will skirt it as usual.  When is this ahole going to be indicted, convicted, and thrown out?  It has gone past ridiculous and transcended to the powers that be to get this ahole out of the oval office.  I am putting the EC on notice...you elect this bum again and it will be open season on you!  Your futures can let you go down as heros or as total assholes, your choice...choose wisely (which is funny considering your history).

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Tired of Trump and his deflections.  Hell, did he use a condom with Stormy or not?  We don't even know that.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

70640299_10215110527022772_7697757635650519040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeF21JnplpseGGB6rdOUEpcGdkB2Ubv9n6OJ_wFqezwhBzEOkrM5TR_Yu1VGcGJ-3k117aVdzEM5KtMkHzBOoN2nZc_4Y9Om26honVUxlWmmnQ&_nc_oc=AQn2osgD3QxyYmrep-ojFfq0ZkAVxMQaqWUrGRTAqcFR1umsAtZNeo6IlovqGYPs6zM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=46fe594eb9244742ed281efc880c672c&oe=5DFF164B

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @4    5 years ago

The strategy now for them handling the fact that he asked Ukraine to meddle in our election is to say "I did it. So what?"

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago
"I did it. So what?"

And trump has said in the past that he would accept help from other countries, (even adversarial nations), to win an election. In fact, he said that just as the Mueller investigation was wrapping up. The truly shocking part of that? The right still insists that trump and his campaign didn't accept help from Russia to win the 2016 election.....even though trump has openly said he would accept that help and the Muller report said that he accepted that help. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
No help was offered or accepted.

Prove no help was offered.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.5    5 years ago
You can't prove a negative.

So you made a claim, as a fact, with no way to prove it?  Shame on you Wally.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.7    5 years ago
Maybe you should pat attention to who you respond to.  Is that indicative of your normal attention to details?

Are you saying that Wally did not make the statement? 

Or are you saying that you did not just admonish Wally about making an unprovable assertion?

I responded to your comment because I was supporting your supposition that Wally had made a claim that he could not possibly know was true.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

Fox news ran an article....yesterday or the day before saying that Hunter Biden got money from a Ukrainian Oligarch, not the Ukrainian government. So that blows a huge hole in trump's claim that Hunter took money from the Ukrainian government. There was no corruption. It was nothing more than yet another conspiracy theory pulled out of trumps fat ass. 

Now that we have settled that one. 

When will the right be willing to admit that trump threatening to withhold aid for the Ukraine unless they dig up dirt on a political rival is immoral and unethical...at a MINIMUM? 

Running for president or re-election is a personal choice. The Office of the President of the United States is not a personal campaign office. Trump called a foreign leader and threatened them, so he could get dirt on a political opponent. That's NOT what the presidency is for. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago