╌>

Transcipt shows Trump prodded Ukraine leader to help in Biden probe

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  240 comments

Transcipt shows Trump prodded Ukraine leader to help in Biden probe
"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that," Trump said to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has launched a formal impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, yielding to mounting pressure from fellow Democrats and plunging a deeply divided nation into an election year clash between Congress and the commander in chief.
The probe focuses partly on whether Trump abused his presidential powers and sought help from a foreign government to undermine Democratic foe Joe Biden and help his own reelection effort. Pelosi said Tuesday such actions would mark a "betrayal of his oath of office" and declared, "No one is above the law."
The impeachment inquiry, after months of investigations by House Democrats of the Trump administration, sets up the party's most direct and consequential confrontation with the Republican president, injects deep uncertainty into the 2020 election campaign and tests anew the nation's constitutional system of checks and balances.
Trump, who thrives on combat, has all but dared Democrats to take this step, confident that the specter of impeachment led by the opposition party will bolster rather than diminish his political support.
"There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have," he tweeted Wednesday from New York, where he has spent the week meeting with world leaders participating in the annual U.N. General Assembly. "The Democrats are frozen with hatred and fear. They get nothing done. This should never be allowed to happen to another President. Witch Hunt!
While Pelosi's announcement adds weight to the work being done on the oversight committees, the next steps are likely to resemble the past several months of hearings and legal battles — except with the possibility of actual impeachment votes.
Her brief statement, delivered without dramatic flourish but in the framework of a constitutional crisis, capped a frenetic weeklong stretch on Capitol Hill as details of a classified whistleblower complaint about Trump burst into the open and momentum shifted toward an impeachment probe.
For months, the Democratic leader has tried calming the push for impeachment, saying the House must investigate the facts and let the public decide. The new drive was led by a group of moderate Democratic lawmakers from political swing districts, many of them with national security backgrounds and serving in Congress for the first time. The freshmen, who largely represent districts previously held by Republicans where Trump is popular, risk their own reelections but say they could no longer stand idle. Amplifying their call were longtime leaders, including Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, the civil rights icon often considered the conscience of House Democrats.
"Now is the time to act," said Lewis, in an address to the House. "To delay or to do otherwise would betray the foundation of our democracy."
At issue are Trump's actions with Ukraine. In a summer phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, he is said to have asked for help investigating former Vice President Biden and his son Hunter. In the days before the call, Trump ordered advisers to freeze $400 million in military aid for Ukraine — prompting speculation that he was holding out the money as leverage for information on the Bidens. Trump has denied that charge, but acknowledged he blocked the funds, later released.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Eager to hear the spin and sputter. No Threats, No collusion, plenty of liberal tears.

Full transcript here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago

No quid pro quo, Biden not mentioned 8 times and as a matter of fact it's Biden's son that gets mentioned. The President simply asked the Ukranian government to aid a US investigation. We all now know more that the "whistleblower" who got his info second hand and proclaimed that there WAS a quid pro quo.  The dems own it now.

Will Pelosi actually let the House vote on impeachment?  Or will she wait to see how the American people feel about it?   A lot of House democrats political lives will be on the line!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago
Will Pelosi actually let the House vote on impeachment?

I personally want them to vote. I want them to spend the next 14 months chasing their tails.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

Pelosi should schedule a vote basically because it's the right thing to do. One should never move for impeachment or reject impeachment because of a popularity poll,  it should only be done because it's the right decision to make.

If reporting shows that she holds off on a vote due to polling, then it proves this is only a political ploy (like I believe it is).

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.3  tomwcraig  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

Actually, Trump asked the Ukrainian President to assist in investigating two cases:

1) The Russian collusion and hacking investigation as the server where everything started was supposedly a Ukrainian server.

2) Hunter Biden's potential corruption in regards to the Ukrainian company he was a part of and the actions taken to protect him from prosecution.

Those two cases are both criminal investigations and the first being the so-called original basis for impeaching Trump and the second being the current reason for impeaching Trump, but was actually criminal conduct according to Ukrainian law and exacerbated by Joe Biden being recorded PROUDLY bragging that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in US aid IF the prosecutor was not fired.  That is extortion and is criminal in and of itself.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.3    5 years ago
That is extortion and is criminal in and of itself.

Only if Trump does it!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.1    5 years ago

Chasing tail is more of a Trump thing.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.3    5 years ago
1) The Russian collusion and hacking investigation as the server where everything started was supposedly a Ukrainian server.

Is that what you think Trump said in the … parts of the Memo? Because Trump doesn't say ANY of what you claim. 

2) Hunter Biden's potential corruption in regards to the Ukrainian company he was a part of and the actions taken to protect him from prosecution.

For which there is ZERO evidence. 

Those two cases are both criminal investigations and the first being the so-called original basis for impeaching Trump

The first doesn't have shit to do with Trump. 

and the second being the current reason for impeaching Trump, but was actually criminal conduct according to Ukrainian law and exacerbated by Joe Biden being recorded PROUDLY bragging that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in US aid IF the prosecutor was not fired.  That is extortion and is criminal in and of itself.

It may behoove you to review the FACT that the Prosecutor General of Ukraine DID investigate the Ukrainian company which Hunter Biden was a board member. They exonerated the company and the owner. 

Or you can just keep spewing pabulum. 

BTFW, when did it become kosher for the US government to instigate an investigation into an American citizen for an alleged crime overseas, by a foreign nation? 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.7  Don Overton  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

You should really read something instead of just the back of your hand

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.8  tomwcraig  replied to  Dulay @1.1.6    5 years ago

Which memo are you reading from?  I got it originally from MSN and then posted a link to the version on Scribd and the conversation is exactly as I stated.  You do remember that Ars Technica posted an article about how the DNC emails were hacked and that the code originated from the Ukraine, correct?  And, you remember that after Trump publicly asked the Russians to release the emails the Russian collusion accusations started, correct?  Therefore, the Ukrainian server is what started the entire Russian collusion narrative.  Crowdstrike was the company that said that the hackers were Russian and were the only ones to actually look at the DNC servers that were actually hacked.

You must have missed the entire campaign and the impeachment calls after the Mueller report about Russian collusion, if you believe that the DNC email hack had nothing to do with Trump since they were the original impetus for the Russian collusion narrative.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.8    5 years ago
Which memo are you reading from?  I got it originally from MSN and then posted a link to the version on Scribd and the conversation is exactly as I stated. 

That's the one I read. So now, WHY are you babbling and asking me questions about some article, that you haven't linked? 

Can it be that you want to deflect from the FACTS before us in black and white. Address the fucking topic. 

You must have missed the entire campaign and the impeachment calls after the Mueller report about Russian collusion, if you believe that the DNC email hack had nothing to do with Trump since they were the original impetus for the Russian collusion narrative.

The cheese has slipped off the cracker of your posit tom..

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago
Eager to hear the spin and sputter. No Threats, No collusion, plenty of liberal tears. Full transcript here.

Where is the whistle blower's report?  I'd like to compare it to Trump's "edited" transcript.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    5 years ago

You may want to think that over for a few minutes. You do realize that the "whistleblower" filed over second and third hand supposed "knowledge" right?

And edited?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_29_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.1    5 years ago
You may want to think that over for a few minutes. You do realize that the "whistleblower" filed over second and third hand supposed "knowledge" right?

Nope, and neither do you.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

If the report isn't damaging, why is the Trump administration refusing to release?  By law it was supposed to be released to Congress no more than 2 weeks after the IG passed it on.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.2    5 years ago

" Nope, and neither do you."

Let me help you out here.................oh and you may want to have towel handy.

An official who has been briefed on the matter, however, told CNN that the whistleblower “didn’t have direct knowledge of the communications.” The official said that the concerns and subsequent complaint came in part from the whistleblower “learning information that was not obtained during the course of their work.”"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.3    5 years ago

The Daily Mail?  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif   The UK's version of the National Enquirer?

The Washington Examiner?  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif   Another tabloid for the 'right'

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif      Shoot that messenger.....................jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
1.2.6    replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.2    5 years ago

Being able to have confidential conversations with foreign leaders is crucial to a president having success globally. If you begin turning over transcripts of conversations like this that make it into the media it makes it so foreign leaders will not want to communicate as openly. My question is if Biden has nothing to hide than why would he be concerned about Trump asking for him to be looked into?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  Ozzwald  replied to  @1.2.6    5 years ago
Being able to have confidential conversations with foreign leaders is crucial to a president having success globally.

Bullshit!

If you begin turning over transcripts of conversations like this that make it into the media it makes it so foreign leaders will not want to communicate as openly.

More bullshit. 

Knowing that their conversation is on the record makes them understand that their remarks are also on the record, and as such their lies are and promises are on the record.

My question is if Biden has nothing to hide than why would he be concerned about Trump asking for him to be looked into?

And right over your head...

tenor.gif

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.2.9  tomwcraig  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.7    5 years ago
My question is if Biden has nothing to hide than why would he be concerned about Trump asking for him to be looked into?
And right over your head...

Actually, you mean right over your own head, Ozzwald.  Remember, Joe Biden is on video PROUDLY bragging about extorting the Ukrainian government to fire the prosecutor looking into the company that Hunter Biden was on the board of.  That is actually criminal conduct and abuse of power by Joe Biden while he was Vice President of the United States.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  @1.2.6    5 years ago

I know you're not kidding, which is the disturbing thing about you're comment. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.12  Ozzwald  replied to  tomwcraig @1.2.9    5 years ago
Remember, Joe Biden is on video PROUDLY bragging about extorting the Ukrainian government to fire the prosecutor looking into the company that Hunter Biden was on the board of.

2 things about your claim.

1-The investigation had been over for more than a year when the prosecutor was fired.

2-Biden story =  squirrel.png?w=1080

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Dulay  replied to  @1.2.6    5 years ago

I've asked this question over and over with no reply:

When did it become kosher for the US government to instigate an investigation into an American citizen for an alleged crime overseas, by a foreign nation?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.14  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @1.2.9    5 years ago
Remember, Joe Biden is on video PROUDLY bragging about extorting the Ukrainian government to fire the prosecutor looking into the company that Hunter Biden was on the board of. 

That has been debunked so many times that it amazes me some are still disseminating that bullshit. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.15  Don Overton  replied to  dennis smith @1.2.10    5 years ago

Typical attempt to change the subject from Trumett butt huggers

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.2.16  tomwcraig  replied to  Dulay @1.2.14    5 years ago

So the video of Biden saying "I told them that if the prosecutor wasn't fired you won't get the billion and phbbt...he was gone." is all a lie, or do you think it was Darci Lynne Farmer saying that instead?  Remember the video was from Biden talking at an event by Foreign Affairs in 2018 and it was posted in comments in another article that you are participating in so I shouldn't have to post that video here.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Dulay @1.2.14    5 years ago
That has been debunked so many times that it amazes me some are still disseminating that bullshit.

Does it really amaze or surprise you?  From the same group that is STILL talking about Benghazi and Hillary's emails?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Dulay  replied to  tomwcraig @1.2.16    5 years ago
So the video of Biden saying "I told them that if the prosecutor wasn't fired you won't get the billion and phbbt...he was gone." is all a lie, or do you think it was Darci Lynne Farmer saying that instead? 

If you're going to try to make a point by quoting someone, quote them ACCURATELY. 

Remember the video was from Biden talking at an event by Foreign Affairs in 2018 and it was posted in comments in another article that you are participating in so I shouldn't have to post that video here.

I was the one that posted the WHOLE video in that seed tom. I'd tell you to watch it from 50:42 but judging from your misinterpretation of the Memo, it wouldn't make a dent. 

I also posted an article that debunks all of the bullshit about Biden. I doubt that reading that would have an effect on your sycophancy either. 

Here is another article debunking the bullshit, just posted yesterday:  

But hey tom, you go ahead and run with your conspiracy theory if it helps you sleep at night...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.19  Dulay  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.17    5 years ago
Does it really amaze or surprise you? 

You're right, it really doesn't. 

From the same group that is STILL talking about Benghazi and Hillary's emails?

Yep, the first ask from Trump was for Zelensky to 'look into' Hillary's emails. You really can't make this shit up. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.3  Don Overton  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago

Plenty of right wing bull shit 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

Where's this Quid Pro Quo thingy Democrats are howling about ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    5 years ago

For Sure !

Should be asking Democrats if they want "Grey Poupon" with it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    5 years ago

They will already have brown "poop-on" their faces. Glorious.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    5 years ago

removed for context

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    5 years ago

removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.6    5 years ago

That's manners.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.7    5 years ago
That's manners.  

Oh for gosh sakes no !

The "Left" are royalty …. dontchyknow !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.9    5 years ago

Lame, as usual.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.8    5 years ago

Compared to tRump supporters?

DEFINITELY

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.11    5 years ago

What's a tRump ?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.13  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.10    5 years ago
Lame, as usual.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.14  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.7    5 years ago
That's manners.

You are a much nicer person than I am.  Were it me, I would have said, "That's manners, garconanokin ." 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.16  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.15    5 years ago

I'll see your triple and raise you one....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.14    5 years ago

So fitting Sister.  Thanks!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.16    5 years ago

[deleted]

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
3.1.21  JaneDoe  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.18    5 years ago

Ok that reminded me of a meme a friend shared with me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    5 years ago

Regular or Potato bun?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.22    5 years ago

I will defer to the bun itself to assign it's own idea of content. After all, it is a 
Democrat nothing burger and it is well known that there is always confusion as to identity........................jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.23    5 years ago

Okay, prolly one of those tasteless, all air and no nutrition, gummy white bread buns that sells for a couple bucks a dozen.  

The kind i only buy to feed the ducks.

Quack, quack!

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.31  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.8    5 years ago

Better than being right wing slime

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.32  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.12    5 years ago

Good lord you don't even know who you bow down to

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.33  Don Overton  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.27    5 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.34  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    5 years ago

If this whole thing is a nothing burger, then why was the call transferred to a top secret server?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.35  Dulay  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.34    5 years ago

Silence ensues. 

lib50
Professor Silent
3.3  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

Lol,   it ain't hard to find, but feel free to wait for more to come out.  Imagine what Trump didn't put in the memo if he thought this would help him.  Patience.  Trumps house of cards is about to fall. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @3.3    5 years ago
Lol,   it ain't hard to find

Apparently ….. It is !

If it wasn't, why would you note this:

"but feel free to wait for more to come out." 

lib50
Professor Silent
3.3.2  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @3.3.1    5 years ago

Because we only have the 'Barr approved summary' so far, and that is bad enough, but since you apparently aren't satisfied, just sit back and wait for the rest to come out.  And we still wonder how any of this colluding with a foreign government to help you in the election is fine with republicans.  Do you think Trump withholding money to a foreign country so he can get them to do what he wants (a FAVOR) is acceptable?  (note, that gives them blackmail material).  I see conservatives jumping to deflect to dems and Biden instead of dealing with Trump's corruption.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.3.3  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @3.3.2    5 years ago

But you said:

3.3  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @ 3    46 minutes ago

"it ain't hard to find"

Where is it ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.3.6  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

Says a person who has never been correct

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.3.7  Don Overton  replied to  dennis smith @3.3.5    5 years ago

What a laugh your comment is

cms5
Freshman Quiet
4  cms5    5 years ago

I too have a link to the transcripts. No subscription required.

Everyone is encouraged to read it...form your own opinions.

Now that we've been able to read this...I'd like to see what the whistleblower is claiming about this call.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Every single "conservative" response on this thread is gaslighting. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

I'm sorry, but it's really sad that people think a president trying to coerce a foreign country to "investigate" a private American citizen is not a big deal...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @5.1    5 years ago
president trying to coerce a foreign country to "investigate"

I take it you didn't read the transcripts....shocker.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
5.1.3  cms5  replied to  lady in black @5.1    5 years ago

Please...Biden worked as Vice President of this country for eight years...making him a very PUBLIC figure, even after leaving office. Please point out the coercion in the transcripts. I've read them and don't see any coercion.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Dulay  replied to  cms5 @5.1.3    5 years ago
Zelensky: I want to thank you for your great support in the area of defense.  We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps, specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United· States for defense purposes. Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has.it. There - are a lot. of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you a re surrounding yourself with some of the same people.

So Kelensky is talking about defense and Trump immediately asks for a 'favor' connected to the Clinton/DNC emails. 

If you don't think that connecting defense with a 'favor' is 'coercion' I can't help you. 

Zelensky goes on to genuflect to Trump, pointing out that he has already recalled his Ambassador. 

Then Trump ups the anti:

Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the
mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United $tates, the woman., was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine  were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing,
There's a lot of  talk about Biden's son,. that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
Zelensky: I wanted to tell ·you about the prosecutor First of all,  I understand arid I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament; the next prosecutor .general will be 100% my
person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and
will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look.
into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful  for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovich. It was great that you were the first one. who told me that she was bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%. Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his· side. She would not accept me as a new President well enough.

Note that Trump NEVER MENTIONED a company. Only Biden and his son. So Kelensky is telling Trump that Biden isn't the issue, the COMPANY is the issue. 

Also note that this is the second time that Kelensky talks about a PRIOR conversation. What did Trump say in THAT conversation? 

Kelensky misspoke, it should be the Ambassador from the United States to Ukraine, her name is Marie Yovanovitch and Trump did a hit job on her. 

Trump: Well, · she's going to go through some things.

WTF does THAT mean? WHAT 'justice in our country' for an AMERICAN Ambassador are they talking about? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago
Every single "conservative" response on this thread is gaslighting. 

Yes Obeywon  ! jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.2    5 years ago

That's Obi Wan

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.1    5 years ago
That's Obi Wan

You didn't get it ….. did you ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I can explain it if need be.

Look at the word spelling again, then look at the comment I responded to ! jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Now...if it's possible....Correlate the two !

lib50
Professor Silent
5.2.3  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.2    5 years ago

Still makes no sense, but whatever floats your boat. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @5.2.3    5 years ago

Close the door, draw the shades, turn off the lights, and go into total darkness with no distractions….and Think about it some more !

You'll get there.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6  livefreeordie    5 years ago

The insanity of the Democrats is laid bare.

they have now openly declared war on this country and we will not back down.   We didn’t start this war on our Republic. That has been the long term goal of the Democrats.

so bring it on leftists.   You will regret starting this war

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @6    5 years ago

And we will continue trying to bring truth  to your fiction

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

KD,

By copyright law, you must use the image given in the article on the seed. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7    5 years ago

When I opened the "Seeded Content", that picture was in the article...............what am I missing?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    5 years ago

The original image was not from the article. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif Okay...........I guess it was the "photo" link of the transcript to open a quarter of the way down and not really a picture.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Well that was a nothing burger.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    5 years ago

Al Green is vindicated ……. jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    5 years ago

One thing in Trump's favor in this exchange is that he says five times that he wants the US Attorney General involved. That would be appropriate - more appropriate than making Giuliani the lone point man, as has been reported so far.

• I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it.
  • I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General.
  • so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
  • I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it.
  • I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to call. Thank you.

Of course the follow-up question is did Trump actually have the AG call Ukraine or not?

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @10    5 years ago

I can't find anywhere in the duties of the AG that authorize him to involved himself in the justice system of a foreign nation. 

BTW, Barr told a DOJ investigator that Trump never talked to him about calling Kelensky...so Trump is blowing smoke...

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.1    5 years ago

Another irrelevant post from you. Going for a record? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @10.1    5 years ago
I can't find anywhere in the duties of the AG that authorize him to involved himself in the justice system of a foreign nation.

That's obviously an incomplete characterization. Considering the suspected wrongdoers are American citizens, and including possibly even the Vice President (at the time), it is not simply getting involved in the "justice system of a foreign nation." It would absolutely and necessarily require cooperation between two nations. 

It's interesting, though, that you would have a problem with the United States involving itself in the justice system of a foreign nation, because that's exactly what Joe Biden did when he threatened to withhold $1 billion dollars in loan guarantees if Viktor Shokin, the Ukranian prosecutor, wasn't fired. So they fired him.

So shouldn't we be investigating that?

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.4    5 years ago
That's obviously an incomplete characterization. Considering the suspected wrongdoers are American citizens, and including possibly even the Vice President (at the time), it is not simply getting involved in the "justice system of a foreign nation."

If the alleged crime occurred in the Ukraine, it most certainly IS simply getting involved in their justice system. 

Seriously, exactly when the fuck did it become kosher for the United States government to try to get an American citizen prosecuted by a Foreign nation? 

Is there NO bottom to what you will accept?

It would absolutely and necessarily require cooperation between two nations. 

Why? 

It's interesting, though, that you would have a problem with the United States involving itself in the justice system of a foreign nation, because that's exactly what Joe Biden did when he threatened to withhold $1 billion dollars in loan guarantees if Viktor Shokin, the Ukranian prosecutor, wasn't fired. So they fired him.

There is a HUGE difference between instigating an investigation into an American citizen by a foreign nation for the good of Trump and demanding, along with the support of multiple allies and the IMF, that a CORRUPT prosecutor be removed for the good of Ukraine. 

So shouldn't we be investigating that?

There is NO evidence that WE are investigating ANYTHING about Hunter Biden or Joe Biden. There is only evidence that Trump wants Ukraine to do it. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @10.1.5    5 years ago
Seriously, exactly when the fuck did it become kosher for the United States government to try to get an American citizen prosecuted by a Foreign nation?

When did anyone suggest that Ukranian authorities should prosecute an American citizen? Trump asked them to look into it, i.e. investigate the matter. He never said anything about prosecuting anyone.

Several US laws apply outside the country. For example, homicide, kidnapping, assault, destruction of property, threats, counterfeiting.

Extraterritorial Application of American Criminal Law

If it turns out that the Vice President used his power to facilitate some kind of fraud, I don't care where he did it, it's a big deal.

There is a HUGE difference

Sure, everybody's got their reasons and their spin, don't they.

There is only evidence that Trump wants Ukraine to do it.

He's free to want whatever he likes. Presidents always want other countries to do something. There is, however, no evidence that he has improperly compelled or coerced anyone to actually do anything about it beyond simply asking. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    5 years ago
When did anyone suggest that Ukranian authorities should prosecute an American citizen? Trump asked them to look into it, i.e. investigate the matter. He never said anything about prosecuting anyone.

From the memo:

Trump: There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me. 

Several US laws apply outside the country. For example, homicide, kidnapping, assault, destruction of property, threats, counterfeiting.

None of which apply in Ukraine or should be investigated or prosecuted by Ukraine. 

If it turns out that the Vice President used his power to facilitate some kind of fraud, I don't care where he did it, it's a big deal.

What fraud? Be specific. 

Sure, everybody's got their reasons and their spin, don't they.

Is it your posit that there is no difference? 

He's free to want whatever he likes. Presidents always want other countries to do something.

For the benefit of the COUNTRY, not for their own benefit. 

There is, however, no evidence that he has improperly compelled or coerced anyone to actually do anything about it beyond simply asking. 

Just ASKING for a foreign President to investigate an American citizen for his own benefit is an abuse of power. No coercion is necessary. 

BTFW, if Ukraine, who lest we forget, Trump insists is corrupt, were to try to prosecute Hunter Biden, the US would NOT extradite him. Though I wouldn't put it past Trump to sign an extradition treaty with the Ukraine JUST to get at Biden. 

So WTF is the point other than Trump's political bullshit?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    5 years ago

It should be shocking to see people like you endlessly defending this utterly corrupt president*, but by now sadly, it is just business as usual. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

When we are on a forum like this we all judge other people's comments. That is what a forum like this is all about.  I dont judge what people are like outside the forum, I dont know anything about any of their outside behavior, nor wish to. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

I disagree with some here, but I would love to know them in real life.  I think the discussions face to face would be stimulating and fascinating.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.8    5 years ago
It should be shocking to see people like you endlessly defending this utterly corrupt president*, but by now sadly, it is just business as usual. 

It should be shocking to see people like you endlessly attacking this president for ordinary behavior, but by now sadly, it is just business as usual.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.10    5 years ago
When we are on a forum like this we all judge other people's comments.

Yeah, but that's not what you do. You don't judge people's comments; you judge people. That's why you routinely say shit like "people like you." It's why you are constantly at odds with moderators and your frustration plays out in meta more than anyone else. You don't limit yourself to a discussion of the content of comments. You attack the people making those comments. Daily.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.15    5 years ago

This 'president', Ordinary behavior?

LMFAO!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to    5 years ago
et everyone try to match an unknown person to their well-known avatar. Some would be easy, but I'm guessing many in the room would be surprised. Pleasantly, I hope.

i believe i would be fairly easy, at least that's what the opposite sex tells me, when i'm hard to figure out, which , can happen on occasion.

An open mixer with hopefully much liquid elixir  to lubricate the apprehension that though it hasn't been , is worthy of mention.

Whos buying and hosting, cause i'm flying then toasting.

It would be most interesting a social study. I've actually been encouraged to wear a not so hidden go pro style camera, and make a trek from my East Coast Proximity , to that of our coast to the West.

While keeping a journal of my journey's  and updating all of my findings. As difficult as it may be, my interactions with about any and all, rarely fall short of interesting, and more likely tend to be down right hilarious and or simultaneously bazarre.

Even those with opinions opposite, i believe could/would still find my interaction, stimulating, as on other not so okasions, i'm the poster  child for imagination gone wild, but with smaller breasts...sorry had to get that off my icy warm chests, never treasured.

I'll pack my back pack and await my disorders, that i'll probably never follow, as i prefer to lead from the back of the pack, cause i somehow can.

When are they gonna break for lunch ?

Somebody's gotta take a leak after 3.5 hours.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

Pin the avatar on the Newstalker.......love it.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.21    5 years ago

it appears to be a hand grabbing a catfish

so, i'll

guess a 

Trumpfish ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.21    5 years ago
Speaking of avatars, I'm shocked no one has realized exactly what is in my bowl. Free get out of skirt to the first that discovers it....lol

I'll give it a shot ......……….

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.1.25  JaneDoe  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.21    5 years ago

A double rubber dildo?

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.1.27  JaneDoe  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.26    5 years ago

I love winning. Now for that free get out of skirt... hummm

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.1.28  JaneDoe  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.20    5 years ago

I think that would be fun. Trying to match the avatar with the actual person.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.21    5 years ago

A floater?

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.30  Don Overton  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.1    5 years ago

Sorry but your little post is just another hunk of right wing bullshiy

Impeach Trump

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.31  Don Overton  replied to  Dulay @10.1.3    5 years ago

The right's lies  are getting more desperate

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.32  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

You don't even know what a tip is

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

"We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes." Zelenskiy

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. " Trump

How is that not quid pro quo? How can anyone read that transcript and come away thinking "Well, that request for Ukraine to investigate Biden's son has nothing to do with Joe Biden being a likely opponent in the 2020 election and if they refused it certainly wasn't a condition for continued US would military funds or the sale of Javelin missiles"? You have to be seriously daft or perhaps had some major brain damage to not see what he was asking for.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11    5 years ago

for starters, the "favor" had nothing to do with the Biden investigation. Did you even read the memo?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1    5 years ago
for starters, the "favor" had nothing to do with the Biden investigation. Did you even read the memo?

"I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us." - Zelenskiy to Trump

"Did you ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?" - Cuomo

"Of course I did" - Giuliani

So his request "had nothing to do with the Biden investigation? Seriously? That's what your defense is? You'd be laughed out of a court room if that was the defense you presented.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.1    5 years ago

his request "had nothing to do with the Biden investigation? 

Do you not understand basic reading comprehension skills?   This is the actual "favor" Trump asked for:  Sadly you cut and pasted other statements rather then quote him directly.

"I would like you to do us a favor though
because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with
this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess
you have one of your weal thy people... The server, they say
Ukraine has it "

His "favor,"  was a request for information on the server involved in the DNC hack. Juxtaposing that request with the earlier discussion of Biden is simply dishonest.,

You'd be laughed out of a court room if that was the defense you presented.

Imagine what would happen to a prosecutor who takes statements from one part of a document and inserts them in other places to mislead the court. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.2    5 years ago
The server, they sayUkraine has it "

it continued:

"There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible." - Trump

"Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future -cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that. purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have, friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you." - Zelenskiy

"Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who' was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to." - Trump

There was no doubt what Trump was asking for and it's obvious Zelenskiy knew exactly what Trump was asking for considering he'd already been notified by Giuliani who admitted he did in fact pressure Ukraine to investigate Biden. Those playing dumb now just reveals how extremely partisan a person is, or how monumentally stupid they are.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.3    5 years ago

Yeah, thanks for proving that the favor Trump asked for, despite what you falsely claimed above, had nothing to do with investigating the Bidens.  It's simply dishonest to take statments out of context and mash them together to create a fale narrative. You should be ashamed. 

Per the transcript, Trump's "favor" was asking them to cooperate with an ongoing DOJ investigation into foreign interference in the 2016 election.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.4    5 years ago
had nothing to do with investigating the Bidens

Did you also have trouble with connect the dot pictures as a child?

Zel - We want the missiles.

Dumpty - I need a favor though regarding "the whole situation". That Mueller thing had a bunch of info from Ukraine. "Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible"

Zel - We spoke with Rudy Tootie, we're on the same page. From one ex-comedian TV star to another, we got your back.

Dumpty - Good, I heard you had a prosecutor who was treated unfairly by you know who (wink)

Zel - We're on it (wink)

It's hard not to see the connections in that conversation, and this wasn't the only one, and Trump had already sent Giuliani with his ask before this phone call so there was no need to be specific. Trump is monumentally stupid, but even I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to just spell it out asking the Ukrainian President "Hey, I'm facing an election next year and I could really use some dirt on Joe Biden and I'm going to withhold those anti-tank missiles till I get something I can use against him...". I don't think anyone expected that, but apparently that's the only thing that might have moved any Trump supporters opinion, and even then they likely would have just said "Well, he didn't shoot anyone on 5th Ave...".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.2    5 years ago

Trump clearly had TWO favors to ask . 

The first was for Ukraine to propagate a far right conspiracy theory about the DNC hack, and the other was for Ukraine to aid Rudy Giuliani in digging up dirt on Biden. 

Both "favors" are shameful. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11    5 years ago
You have to be seriously daft or perhaps had some major brain damage to not see what he was asking for.

Or just have a terminal case of TDS to see what isn't there.

But yes we need to impeach President Trump, I would call your congressperson ASAP.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
11.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.2.1    5 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.2.1    5 years ago

Rachel …… She hasn't found "Capones Vault" either.

“the great self-promotor of our times.”

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.2.4    5 years ago
Meanwhile Nancy is now the top fund raiser for Republicans.

Funny how Democrats are doing exactly what Trump "TOLD THEM TO DO" ! jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

GO FOR IT ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.2.6    5 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.2.1    5 years ago

It's quite notable that all your comments on this topic are memes, cartoons, and diversionary nonsense. 

The truth hurts those who have been defending the Trump clown show all these years. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.3  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11    5 years ago

This is presidential foreign policy 101.  EVERY president engages in this kind of negotiations with foreign countries. each asking for favors and then coming to agreement.

this desperate attempt by the left to call this an impeachable crime demonstrates just how badly they want to destroy not just president Trump, but conservatives and to fully complete their totalitarian destruction of our Republic

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13  MrFrost    5 years ago

52 U.S. Code § 30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national , directly or indirectly, to make—
(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value , or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B)
a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C)
an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title ); or
(2)
a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national .
(b) “Foreign national” defined As used in this section, the term “ foreign national ” means—
(1)
a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22 , except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2)
an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8 ) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8 .
( Pub. L. 92–225, title III, § 319 , formerly § 324, as added Pub. L. 94–283, title I, § 112(2) , May 11, 1976 , 90 Stat. 493 ; renumbered § 319, Pub. L. 96–187, title I, § 105(5) , Jan. 8, 1980 , 93 Stat. 1354 ; amended Pub. L. 107–155, title III , §§ 303, 317, Mar. 27, 2002 , 116 Stat. 96 , 109.)
It is ILLEGAL to receive anything of value, (including information), from a foreign country to assist a campaign. FACT. And that is EXACTLY what trump was doing. 
Then there is this...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @13    5 years ago

DOJ already shot this down.

Try again. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.1    5 years ago
DOJ already shot this down.

Would that be the same DOJ that hid the whistleblower report and the call transcripts? Yea, they are trustworthy. /s

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13.3  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @13    5 years ago

wow...after all that internet lawyering I'm convinced jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.3.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @13.3    5 years ago

Actually it's a US law, sorry to confuse you. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @13.3.1    5 years ago

No it is NOT a US law.

" The United States Code is a helpful edited collection that tries to reflect what the Statutes at Large actually add up to, but it is “prima facie” evidence of law, not the law itself.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
13.4  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @13    5 years ago

NOT- 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Explains why Democrats tried to make this about Biden... 

Professor Guide
14.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sean Treacy @14    5 years ago

Trump made it about Biden, Sean.  But let me ask you this:  Why didn't Trump go through channels in the US to have Biden or his son investigated?  Had either one done anything wrong, why wouldn't an investigation be opened here?  Trump circumvented protocol for one reason and one reason only.  Part of that circumvented protocol was to include personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.  

Professor Guide
14.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago

If Hunter Biden returned to this country with ill-gotten gains, it opened a door for investigation.  He's a lobbyist, Loki.  There are rules and regulations that must be followed regarding dialogue with foreign governments, payment for services, transparent disclosure, etc. If there were any truth to Biden family shenanigans, Trump would have been shouting it from the treetops, not trying to hide it by making personal calls and  sending personal representatives.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.4    5 years ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1.3    5 years ago

Who was the POTUS at the time?....................

"Trump would have been shouting it from the treetops,"

He did bring it up did he not?

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.9  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Because the crime that bidens son committed was in Ukraine, before Biden extorted the Ukraine to fire the prosecutor and kill the case against his son.

What crime? 

There was NO case against his son. The Prosecutor General of Ukraine stated that there is NO evidence that Hunter Biden did anything illegal. 

according to the transcript, he asked him to look into Hunter

Yes. Trump asks a foreign President to investigate an American citizen without citing any evidence against him. 

and the corruption in the energy sector and the Russian oligarch that funded it, the US doesn't have jurisdiction.

The memo says no such thing. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.11  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Was that ruled no crime before or after Biden extorted them by threatening to withhold aid?

If you are talking about what the Prosecutor General of Ukraine stated, that happened this May when he basically said that Giuliani is full of shit. 

Professor Guide
14.1.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.7    5 years ago
He did bring it up did he not?

Are you not aware of the timing?  This began months ago.  The whistleblower's report was withheld for a period of time.  Translation:  Trump thought he was safe.  Until now.

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.14  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

No, not that prosecutor.

The 'old prosecutor' was Shorkin and he was fired in May 2016, you know, when Biden was VP. The IS what this bullshit is supposed to all about after all right? 

The prosecutor that said that Giuliani is full of shit JUST left office in August 2019.  

Professor Guide
14.1.15  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago
Deflection fail, he wasn’t working as a lobbyist for the Oligarchs, he was a board member of a Ukraine company, laundering Russian drug money.

Sorry Dear.  He is a lawyer and a lobbyist.  

Deflection fail?  I know it's a term you enjoy using.  A lot.  But I don't think it means what you think it means.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dulay @14.1.9    5 years ago

do you see how uninformed some are as they blindly defend

i do understand it is an overwhelming amount right now

Professor Guide
14.1.18  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago

Feel free to type as slowly or as quickly as you like.  It takes a lot more than silly comments from someone like...you...to ruffle my feathers.  

I'm glad to see that you are having such a grand time.  Please carry on. 

lib50
Professor Silent
14.1.20  lib50  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.4    5 years ago

Did you have to show Trump talking out of his ass again?  Right before bed?  Geez

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @14    5 years ago

Which begs the question: Why did Trump ask Zelensky to investigate it if Barr's 'right hand man' is on the job? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16  JohnRussell    5 years ago

from the transcript

President of Ukraine   :      ....would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes ..

President Trump   :    I would like you to do us a favor though