╌>

Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide
The CDC says 77 percent of those affected report using THC-containing products, or both THC-containing products and nicotine-containing products. An NBC News investigation founds some black market THC vaping cartridges had contaminants including vitamin E acetate, pesticides, and hydrogen cyanide.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I am sure there are many concerned families right now. But this goes to show, one must be careful what one buys on the street. 

That being said, I am sure it is a relief to the vaping companies to know that it is not from their nicotine products. Are there any other downsides to this habit?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

i've witnessed todays youth actually stop using the Vapes over this.

i've tried a jewel crowning apple till my cursive was hyeroglyphix on the concave walls of a Man Cave without a cave entrance due to the cave entry way, being decorated with Flintstones and various pebbles, while solar power makes a son of a bitch , Betty does not care as , some actually are smart enough, to realize getting a THC high, is never worth the possible die risk.

n i must concur sive in fine print

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

Glad I only ingest the real thing.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

My wife and I were talking about this when it started popping up. We both said "Something" made this happen "All-of-a-Sudden" !

Approx. 12 years of "Nothing Happening" ….. and then ……   !

Something wasn't right !

zuksam
Junior Silent
3  zuksam    5 years ago

The problem is the vape industry is largely unregulated and many products are either bought online or come from small manufacturers that don't employ chemists who can test the finished product they are amateurs making "Home Brew". Even brick and mortar retailers are buying most of their inventory online so it's easy for counterfeits to end up on the shelves. Whether it's no-name or counterfeit E-cigs, Juice or even Vape parts like low priced Coils(that may be made from impure metals that could be poisonous) there is a danger and considering you'll be inhaling the stuff into your lungs it's pretty scary. On top of all that it's even worse in the semi-legal marijuana vape products. The fact is your average Pizza joint faces far more safety regulations than the Vape Industry.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5  Freefaller    5 years ago

When I first started reading about vaping hospitalizations and deaths I figured it would be a result of contaminated products