╌>

Fake Hate: Virginia Girl Admits She Made Up 'Hair Cut' Assault at School Where Karen Pence Teaches

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  208 comments

Fake Hate: Virginia Girl Admits She Made Up 'Hair Cut' Assault at School Where Karen Pence Teaches

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It's been a running gag at Instapundit for years now that if it weren't for fake hate crimes, there'd be hardly any hate crimes at all. So it probably shouldn't come as a huge surprise to learn that yet another fake hate crime allegation has been proven false.

It was all over the major papers late last week, when 12-year-old Amari Allen, a black student, claimed that three white boys held her down and forcibly cut some of her dreadlocks at their Christian school.

Wiser bloggers demurred from covering the story until more information could come to light.

Yet the   NYT   and other outlets breathlessly reported the sixth-grader's accusation in a phone interview. "They put me on the ground," she claimed. "One of them put my hands behind my back. One put his hands over my mouth. One cut my hair. They were saying that my hair was ugly, that it was nappy." And Twitter was all lit up because of the supposed Mike Pence connection -- his wife Karen teaches at the Immanuel Christian School where the assault never happened.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Colour me shocked, The only thing missing from your headline is that Mike Pence's wife works at that school and in all probability she bullied the poor little dreadlock wearing girl to lie about what really happened. She has to be involved someway doesn't she?

FYI I had to go back to the original seed and laugh again at the comments.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9  Sunshine    5 years ago

So it seems the little girl is the racist.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago
So it seems the little girl is the racist.

How dare you, there is no such thing as a black racist.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
9.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  KDMichigan @9.2    5 years ago
How dare you, there is no such thing as a black racist.

Sure there is racism is not confined to any race but rather can be found in all of them

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Freefaller @9.2.1    5 years ago
Sure there is racism is not confined to any race but rather can be found in all of them

You need to be reeducated.

Allow me, if you will, to set the fucking record straight.
Black people cannot be racist—I repeat—cannot be racist when it comes to white people. We're bigoted and prejudiced as SHIT!!!!!!! But nah, we're not racist. Black people are disadvantaged in a world ruled by a white power structure. We do not control or own any of the economic, legislative, judicial, military, academic, or legal institutions in Western civilization. We're literally guests in a house we, more or less built, but do not own. 

Also ANTIFA isn't violent but that's another subject.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
9.2.3  Freefaller  replied to  KDMichigan @9.2.2    5 years ago

No I don't

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Freefaller @9.2.1    5 years ago

Exactly! Well said.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    5 years ago

I hate to say "I told you so" . . .  but I totally did .

And , got no small amount of shit for it, too. I wonder how many of those folks will acknowledge now that I might have been on to something.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.2  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @11    5 years ago

Was I one of them?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Freefaller @11.2    5 years ago

I don't keep score or take names.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.2.2  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @11.2.1    5 years ago

I hope not, I hate the taste of my own foot

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @11.2.1    5 years ago

And boasting is so yesterday 'gauche.'

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
12  Transyferous Rex    5 years ago

Wow. Did she come up with the story on her own? If not, who was pushing it and her?

My biggest problem with the story was that this allegedly took place in an open area, and where I'd assume there would be many bystanders. That's not my problem, my problem was that allegedly nobody stood up for her. I can see something like this occurring. Kids are idiots. I was having a hard time imagining that not one, of any number of potential onlookers, had the guts to put a stop to it, or that there was no adult supervision at the time.

I gotta say. I read the story, and was skeptical. I watched some video, and I bought in. Still wondering. Her tears in the interview were real. Full disclosure, I can't stand a bully, and I probably bought in a little too quickly.  

CB
Professor Principal
12.2  CB  replied to  Transyferous Rex @12    5 years ago

You did nothing wrong. We, many of us, are reminded that we are only human after all. So when we find somebody, even a child, playing on our heart strings we react. Likewise, when we find out it was a hoax we set the record straight. We do not persist in "I'm right at any cost" delusions.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Amusing to read the original seed on this story, with some  blaming Karen Pence for encouraging the attack.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @13    5 years ago
with some  blaming Karen Pence for encouraging it

Heck some people blamed the school for teaching it. Figure that one out.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Tacos! @13.1    5 years ago

Yes the school taught racism and the white kids were racist and their parents were racist and Karen Pence was racist...Do individuals ever get tired of looking so damn foolish? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.1    5 years ago

Yeah, and I'll bet that person remains silent now. 

Or maybe the school taught the girl to lie to her grandparents and accuse others unjustly, so it is still the Christian school's fault in their mind?

SMH

sixpick
Professor Quiet
13.1.4  sixpick  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.3    5 years ago
Or maybe the school taught the girl to lie to her grandparents and accuse others unjustly, so it is still the Christian school's fault in their mind?

I didn't see this on TV, but she was crying?  I also see reference to an aunt and now her grandparents, which makes me wonder where are her parents?  Too many children are raised by one or more of their grandparents, which in my opinion leaves a void in their lives.  Having a mother and a father is very important to a child's development. 

I'm not discarding her actions.  She could have continued with the story as so many have, leaving a much more lasting effect on society than she did..  Unfortunately each incidence like this has to be erased and always leaves many who will stick with the original story years from now instead of the truth.  SPLC is one of the biggest promoters of racism, in my opinion, that I know of in this country.  I compliment her grandparents or whoever made a public apology to the white boys.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of these fake hate crimes concerning racism today.  Maybe in the past it was more warranted, but today there are too many of us who will not tolerate it when it is true.  Anyone who promotes racism today is doing this country and its citizens a grave injustice. 

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.5  CB  replied to  sixpick @13.1.4    5 years ago
Anyone who promotes racism today is doing this country and its citizens a grave injustice. 

Emphatically.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I wouldn't define this as fake news. To me fake news it when the papers purposely obfuscate the truth. That was not the case here. The parents and the kid made it known to the media and they reported it. Now all the MSM is reporting it was a lie. 

It's a shame we have this kind of BS going on since it actually takes away from when there is truly a hate crime. It casts doubt on all the real ones. Crying wolf is always bad.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago
It's a shame we have this kind of BS going on since it actually takes away from when there is truly a hate crime. It casts doubt on all the real ones. Crying wolf is always bad.

True. Here's the big question: Why do you think they do it???

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1    5 years ago

Obviously, there are some issues in the family. Maybe the kids hears stuff at home and then figured it was a good way to get attention. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @15.1.2    5 years ago

Sorry BF, but loads of black students go to school everyday with white kids and don't say they have been attacked by a gang of hateful boys. I would venture to say, that her own parents were bigoted and she picked up on it.

This is not a widespread black thing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.1    5 years ago

It wouldn't be that some are trying to present their view that there is still rampant racism in our society? 

If "racism" can no longer be easily found, one would have to concoct a false incident. That seems to be what happened here and what happened in the Smollett case.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @15.1.2    5 years ago

Close. It's to support a false narrative about racism.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.4    5 years ago
It wouldn't be that some are trying to present their view that there is still rampant racism in our society? 

I wouldn't say rampant, but there is racism everywhere.

If "racism" can no longer be easily found, one would have to concoct a false incident. That seems to be what happened here and what happened in the Smollett case.

Those were done for different reasons. He was a publicity whore and he made his story as melodramatic as he could. 

She, on the other hand must have heard this at home.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @15.1.6    5 years ago
I appreciate your need to disprove really important things but I work in the ghetto, i hear nappy all the time. I've even got an employee that says it frequently.

Listen, I worked in the ghetto for over 20 years and I heard that term to. I am not sure what that has to do with this story since the girl claimed she was attacked. That is what I was referring to. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.5    5 years ago
Close. It's to support a false narrative about racism.

So you think there is no racism? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.7    5 years ago
I wouldn't say rampant, but there is racism everywhere.

I must be living a charmed life then, because I'm not seeing it - at least not from whites.

He was a publicity whore

I Disagree

She, on the other hand must have heard this at home.

I disagree.

Perrie, you are a very trusting soul. I lost all that about 40 years ago.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.17  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.10    5 years ago
So you think there is no racism?

For the most part we in the US have eradicated it. I do see some resentment from minorities and hate from progressives, but that's about it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
15.1.21  Jack_TX  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1    5 years ago
Why do you think they do it???

Because she's 12, and kids make mistakes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @15.1.21    5 years ago

A race hoax is not a "mistake."

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @15.1.11    5 years ago
How long ago was that? vernacular changes. I'm in the hood working right now and i say you could be mistaken. But hey, the important things...LOL

10 years ago and I still get together with my teacher friends and exchange combat stories, so no, I do know what is going on, maybe even better than you since we had to deal with the parents and the kids and a diverse staff.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.15    5 years ago
I must be living a charmed life then, because I'm not seeing it - at least not from whites.

Come on, really? Maybe you just don't notice. And as I say, it rubs both ways.

Perrie, you are a very trusting soul. I lost all that about 40 years ago.

Hardly. I worked in a school district where we got combat pay because it was that tough. I made it a point to become more aware and what caught me first is that kids often mimic what they hear at home.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    5 years ago
I don’t see much racism anymore compared to the 60’s and 70’s I’m only black so what do I know.

Well compared to the start of the civil rights era, yeah. But here is the difference. You wear what you are, so it would take a real bigot/racist to say it to your face. I don't wear what I am, and I hear an awful lot of bigotry. 

And the kicker for my kids were going off to college, after leaving the little clean vacuum they lived in and hearing it for the first time themselves. Just a reminder of how much further we still have to go.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
15.1.26  Jack_TX  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.22    5 years ago
A race hoax is not a "mistake."

It's an error in judgment.  She's. A. Child.

Lying because you don't want to admit you cut your own hair is a mistake. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
15.1.27  sixpick  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.10    5 years ago

Personally Perrie, I think there is a concerted effort to promote racism, class division and hate from a segment of our society.  Sure there is racism, but when the most public sources continue to promote all three of these agendas, it is like anything else, we are, if we're not careful, more likely to find it becomes a central issue in our minds.

It's like a positive mental attitude.  With a positive attitude people can accomplish things they could never hope to accomplish without it.  If people are saturated with bad news of racism every day of every little thing that could possibly be considered the least little bit racist, they will begin to have racism on the brain and therefore see racism everywhere.

This is not to say ignore racism, but recognize when we are being propagandized.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sixpick @15.1.27    5 years ago

Six it isn't just racism. It's bigotry of all sort. My kids experienced it first hand. It is built into human nature. Birds of a feather, etc.

I don't walk around thinking who is or isn't a racist or bigot, but when I see it I know it. When I hear it, I know it. And it was long before now, and will be long after. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
15.1.29  sixpick  replied to    5 years ago

Muva, this is a little something I threw together.  Desantis and Gillum were running for Governor of Florida this last election.  The Left Wing media took offense to Desantis using the phrase "We don't want to monkey up what Rick Scott had accomplished in Florida by raising taxes, etc". Well no one had every really criticized any of the people you'll hear on this audio for using very similar wording before accusing Desantis of racism.  And Joe Biden complimented Obama for being articulate and clean.  I can somewhat see how clean could be offensive, but articulate, no.  The Left wing media accused Desantis of being racist for saying his opponent, Gillum, a black man, articulate.  Anyway I threw this together from various sources with the theme song "Tequila" being used.  Enjoy.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
15.1.30  sixpick  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.28    5 years ago

Perrie, like I said, I'm not saying there isn't racism or bigotry, since you added that, but there are too many of us who don't tolerate that today and better to ignore it than to embrace it.  I've experienced the same things because I'm a white man and not a young good looking college male student.

I'm saying there is a concerted effort to divide us in this country from a segment of our society and we all must resist their efforts or surrender our core beliefs and let them control how we feel about others.  In time, if our attention is spent ignoring people like that and joining with the majority who don't carry racist or bigoted beliefs, it will heal like a case of poison ivy, if you don't continue to scratch it all the time. 

Listen to the audio above.  Can you not see how what is promoted can have an effect on some people who aren't careful to remain in control of their core beliefs.

Don't get me wrong.  I know what you say is correct.  What I'm saying is also correct, in my opinion and is dedicated to making society better for everyone.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1.31  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sixpick @15.1.30    5 years ago
I'm saying there is a concerted effort to divide us in this country from a segment of our society and we all must resist their efforts or surrender our core beliefs and let them control how we feel about others.  In time, if our attention is spent ignoring people like that and joining with the majority who don't carry racist or bigoted beliefs, it will heal like a case of poison ivy, if you don't continue to scratch it all the time. 

Both the extremes do this. It's not just one segment. 

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.32  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.3    5 years ago
I would venture to say, that her own parents were bigoted and she picked up on it.

What you talkin 'bout, friend Perrie?!!!

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.33  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.4    5 years ago

OH, so out of a nation of millions, you see 'trendy' in two or so cases? Can you spell, "leading," and "pretext."?

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.34  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15.1.8    5 years ago

Emphatically.

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.35  CB  replied to    5 years ago

The 60's and the 70's now that was some transitioning wasn't it? My, my, my, yes times have changed. However, do not kid yourself because maybe, note I write, maybe you are too old and too moved away from certain areas to be immersed in racial 'situations,' because Muva, it can rear its ugly head in a Mississippi instance. Times are better thanks to the work of a great many people who we knew if only from stories and from a distance.

CB
Professor Principal
15.4  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago

giphy.gif Thank you! GREAT GETTING IT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND GROUNDED.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
16  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Figures you would post a story trying to detract from the real news that President Trump committed Treason.

FFS we have proof that President Trump released himself that proves he needs to be impeached, Why I don't know but that is what I seen on Anderson "Fake News" Cooper and Rachel, slobbering all over herself, Madcow.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @16    5 years ago

And how is that different than "Fox and Friends". Both sides have their counterparts.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @16.1.1    5 years ago

There was nothing fake that the NYT printed on this story, but nice try. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16.1    5 years ago
Both sides

Both sides

Both sides

Both sides

Both sides

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    5 years ago
it’s funny how you make Fox out to be a boogie man.

No, read what this was in regards to. Fox's counterpart. Context counts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

First of all, Fox News shows about 17 hours of live content every day.  The nightly news on the networks is 1/2 hour a day. 

That means over the course of a day, as many or more people see Fox News as see the nightly news on a network. 

Then you add in the times Fox News videos are linked to and played on a multitude of websites and you are getting into a much larger number. 

The same thing is true for MSNBC and CNN though. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @16.1.4    5 years ago

I see you figured out what makes me an independent. That's great! :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16.1.9    5 years ago

That IS great, as far as it goes. Sometimes , though,  there are not two viable sides to an issue so "both sides" doesnt work. 

Regarding President Trump would be one example of where there are not two viable sides to the issue. 

He's not qualified ethically , morally,  intellectually, or psychologically to be president of the United States. There is no viable counter argument. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @16.1.10    5 years ago
He's not qualified ethically , morally,  intellectually, or psychologically to be president of the United States. There is no viable counter argument.

You do realize that is merely an opinion, right?

CB
Professor Principal
16.1.14  CB  replied to    5 years ago

FOX cable news is a boogie man:

Listen to Laurel Ingraham making a fool out of herself, though she wouldn't call it this:

Amazing, boogie woman, that she is. NOT! In her own way, she is a component of why Donald Trump is delusional. He watches a lot of her- I can't prove it, but I think so!

CB
Professor Principal
16.1.15  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @16.1.10    5 years ago

giphy.gif Thank you!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
16.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @16    5 years ago

Figures you would post a story trying to detract from the real news that President Trump committed Treason.

Are you posting the same comment on every seed that is not about PT and his treason?  Trump makes everything about himself, but not every seed here is about Trump.  Your comment is the deflection, not this seed.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  KDMichigan @16    5 years ago
the real news that President Trump committed Treason.

Yeah, we're still waiting on the proof of all that.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
18  Jack_TX    5 years ago

Seriously people.  Expulsion?  Criminal charges? Let's get a hold of ourselves here. 

It is completely OK to let deranged leftists win "Most Hysterical - 2019".  We don't need an entry in that race.

She's 12 years old, FFS.  She fucked up a little bit, and the anti-Trump media reliably went nuts.  That's not her fault, it's theirs.

None of these boys were named.  None were punished.  She didn't accuse them of anything very serious to begin with.  She's not Judy Munro-Leighton or anything.

It is not her fault that batshit people who have convinced themselves they're feminists went to town with the wrong end of the stick...again.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
19  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

people who commit fake hate crimes should receive twice the time as a real hate crime.

just my two cents :)  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

I was wrong for jumping to conclusions on the other seed before all the facts were in. I apologize for my words

CB
Professor Principal
20.1  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @20    5 years ago

No worries, TG. You did nothing wrong in following the story! It is good you did not shrink back from coming forward here. (Check!)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @20.1    5 years ago

Thank-you. You're always so kind

CB
Professor Principal
20.1.2  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @20.1.1    5 years ago

You are my 'giggles' throughout the day!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @20.1.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
21  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Fake Hate: Virginia Girl Admits She Made Up 'Hair Cut' Assault at School Where Karen Pence Teaches"

#METOO ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
22  cjfrommn    5 years ago

well this child has set up alot of victims to be not believed at first complaint. This is unacceptable and i am so glad the family issued the statement it did. I am frustrated because now more pressure will be put on victims of color at a time where trying to recover from such traumatic events need to occur. 

I hope she gets help and maybe the whole dam family. 

CB
Professor Principal
22.1  CB  replied to  cjfrommn @22    5 years ago

It does play into the hands of the "gotcha" bunch. But, on the other hand, truth won out. I am reminded of the old line, "A lie can travel half-way across the planet, before truth can get its boots on!"

Truth may be slow and tedious, but the good news is it does catch up! Oh, and people of color and all families will be fine when investigations function as they should.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
22.1.1  cjfrommn  replied to  CB @22.1    5 years ago

well you will notice the gotcha bunch above is alive and well.  so this girl put it on a plate for them.

And i agree the truth did catch up to her and i suspect it was because the weight of it was too much for her to bare. And i also think someone from her side probably did the "last chance" expectation comment and saw the cracks. 

At any rate she will have to deal with consequences and hopefully will be mature enough to accept them as is. 

CB
Professor Principal
22.1.2  CB  replied to  cjfrommn @22.1.1    5 years ago

Yes, it is a small case of growth and development to simply tell the family she doesn't want dreadlocks any longer! (Smile.)

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
22.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  cjfrommn @22.1.1    5 years ago
well you will notice the gotcha bunch

This seed is a jab at the original post where this girl claimed that three white boys held her down and cut her hair, I'm sure you missed all the faux rage on that seed.

And i agree the truth did catch up to her and i suspect it was because the weight of it was too much for her to bare. 

What basis do you have for this other than your feelings? I would suspect that after the left wing news run with the story nation wide and then they actually had the police and school investigating her claims the story fell apart. that would be my common sense not feelings. 

also think someone from her side probably did the "last chance" expectation comment and saw the cracks. 

No after the boys were banned from school the school called the girl and her guardians to come in Monday, afterwards the girls guardians  released a statement. 

You can watch the fake story here ….

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
22.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  CB @22.1.2    5 years ago
it is a small case of growth and development to simply tell the family she doesn't want dreadlocks any longer!

I'm curious. How do you get that she doesn't like her dreadlocks from making up a false hate crime. More than likely she was a Jussie Smollet fan.

CB
Professor Principal
22.1.5  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @22.1.4    5 years ago
Three sixth-grade boys at a Christian school in Northern Virginia pinned down a black classmate and cut off some of her dreadlocks while telling her her hair was "nappy" and "ugly," she told News4. . . . The bell rang and the boys ran off laughing. 

Scared, Amari told no one. On Wednesday, her grandmother was doing her hair when she noticed long portions of it missing . The girl started crying and told the whole story.

1. The hair is missing in real-time.

2. However, you are going into places the articles (I read) do not suggest: Her motivation for lying. You  seem to imply that she was going after the boys with this. It's a novel thought to me.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
22.1.6  cjfrommn  replied to  KDMichigan @22.1.3    5 years ago
This seed is a jab at the original post where this girl claimed that three white boys held her down and cut her hair, I'm sure you missed all the faux rage on that seed.

first off lets call it what this really was about--- a bunch of white folks here found out that a black person (the girl) lied and got caught. Sadly 2  to 5 major stories this year of where a reported incident by a black person about the conduct of a white person(s the boys) was exposed because the truth was the incidents did not happen. The JAB is not a jab , and i am fine with it. Because it was wrong for her to commit such a cowardly act and effect as many people as she did.  

And i agree the truth did catch up to her and i suspect it was because the weight of it was too much for her to bare. 
What basis do you have for this other than your feelings?

i dont need a basis i have kids, do you? Any one with kids knows when there child is lying or hiding something. So there mannerisms change, there words and comments and there stature change also. 

I would suspect that after the left wing news run with the story nation wide and then they actually had the police and school investigating her claims the story fell apart that would be my common sense not feelings. 

Well your common sense is not special and since the NEWS does not live in her house like parents do or close friends that come around. I am pretty sure they knew something was wrong before the news had to do the recant "tuck there tail" act. 

also think someone from her side probably did the "last chance" expectation comment and saw the cracks. 
No after the boys were banned from school the school called the girl and her guardians to come in Monday, afterwards the girls guardians  released a statement. 

well again, your talking about stuff in the public eye or action. I am speaking from the experience of a parent. I will however give you the benefit of feeling warm and fuzzy about this last statement. And say that this meeting that Monday probably confirmed the suspicions of the parents/ guardians.

You can watch the fake story here ….

No need to watch something that is pretty simple on its face. she lied and got caught and people around her had to pick up the pieces. which is what a lot of parents do everyday.

The plus side of this event is hopefully the news will take more time determining facts and sources before they run with some of these "bad act" stories. In this case the racial aspect made this pretty juicy for most news organizations. 

CB
Professor Principal
23  CB    5 years ago

Let me start by saying yesterday I was out all day. I briefly saw this story but could not deal with it then as now. Rushing back and forth. Today, I have not read the thread above and will do so after writing this comment.

I have seen the apology given by the family of this young girl. This is sad. This is sickening to me. Not because I, we, proceeded to discuss the article as it was presented, but this young girl manipulated the news cycle. Again, not because she told a 'tall tale' or she lied, but she carried it over into granting video of her 'testimony' to be taken.

I am willing to take a step back down, because I 'trusted' a child to be honest and Amari was not. That dishonesty, lie, is on Amari as a twelve year old. And I hope she realizes fully the harm she has caused in real-time, and in amorphous discussions which dared to take her first account seriously.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23    5 years ago

I'll say the same thing to you that I said to those wanting her prosecuted.

She's. A. Child.

If we're putting so much emphasis on a CHILD that we allow ourselves to be "sickened", that's a problem with the adults...not the child.

You and I disagreed when I said she was not "injured".  But these boys were not injured, either.  Their families were not injured.  The school has not been injured.  Absolutely nobody has been injured. 

No harm, no foul.  

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.1  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1    5 years ago

I still disagree with you, Jack. People are injured. Injury takes many forms and degrees. That's all.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23.1.1    5 years ago
I still disagree with you, Jack. People are injured. Injury takes many forms and degrees. That's all.

I know.  You believe that emotional distress counts as injury.  I don't.  

You can choose to be "sickened" by this, or you can choose to recognize that a child made an error in judgment, not unlike the errors in judgement all children make along the way.

The accused boys can choose to be outraged and offended, or they can choose to get over it and get on with their lives.

If you can choose whether or not to be "injured", it's not really an "injury".

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.3  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1.2    5 years ago

I disagree with what was alleged and with the lying. This incident in all its 'crusty' glory is injurious to even us who are backtracking and straightening it out in cyberspace. Many activities are needlessly taking place, many people have fallen out, some relationships are irreparably damaged, and some words I am sure have been stated that can not be taken back. Lastly, some people have "axed" the First Lady and Second Lady in words that can not be unspoken and turned off some others unnecessarily because of a poor choice to lie made by a twelve year old girl. Thankfully, no one was physically hurt, though it could have happen in the immediacy of an angered parent/s. As you surely know, this happens everyday somewhere on the planet, that someone is wrongfully killed because of a charge made.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23.1.3    5 years ago
I disagree with what was alleged and with the lying.

I'm not sure anybody actually agrees with it.

This incident in all its 'crusty' glory is injurious to even us who are backtracking and straightening it out in cyberspace.

How?  Have you split a nail typing?  

Many activities are needlessly taking place, many people have fallen out, some relationships are irreparably damaged, and some words I am sure have been stated that can not be taken back.

Those are not injuries.  They're emotional issues that people choose to allow to get out of hand.

Lastly, some people have "axed" the First Lady and Second Lady in words that can not be unspoken and turned off some others unnecessarily because of a poor choice to lie made by a twelve year old girl.

Let's be VERY clear about this:  it is not her fault that some adults are stupid.

As you surely know, this happens everyday somewhere on the planet, that someone is wrongfully killed because of a charge made.

But it didn't happen here.

What you're describing is a bunch of emotionally defective people being emotional and defective.  Yet somehow you're blaming their neurosis on a 12 year old girl.

The fault is not in their stars, but in themselves, that they are not masters of their own emotions.

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.5  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1.4    5 years ago

OKAY Jack. Now you wish me to accept that emotional injury/trauma is not a thing in the word. Next up 'courtesy' of Jack_TX: Verbal abuse is a charge made by wimps. Followed by Jack_TX: Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) are not performance challenges.

You are packing a lot into that 'crowded' comment. Good for you! You can suck it up! May be you have experiences releasing children from misbehaving - I don't know. However, this weird notion that you can insult the adults in this picture while succoring Amari Allen ain't working with me.

The adults are clearly not the one misbehaving on this one. And, commonsense should inform you that I, "moi," am too remote from the reality of this situation to get overly-abusive or acquire PTSD from it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1.6  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23.1.5    5 years ago
Now you wish me to accept that emotional injury/trauma is not a thing in the word.

I don't care what you accept.  But "hurting your feelings" is not "injuring you".

Next up 'courtesy' of Jack_TX: Verbal abuse is a charge made by wimps.

Headed down Melodrama Lane, I see.  

You are packing a lot into that 'crowded' comment.

You're doing that on your own with your vivid imagination.

Good for you! You can suck it up!

Absolutely.  So can you.  You're a grown man.  That means nobody but your Mom cares one iota about your feelings.  It also means you have zero business being "sickened" by a 12 year old kid you don't know who did no harm to anyone.  

May be you have experiences releasing children from misbehaving - I don't know.

I've worked with teenage kids for the last 29 years.  Even the very best ones are consistent streams of errors in judgment.  That's part of being a kid. There is a reason we don't let them vote, drink, or sign contracts.

However, this weird notion that you can insult the adults in this picture while succoring Amari Allen ain't working with me.

Huge numbers of adults deserve large portions of scorn and derision for their behavior surrounding this incident.

You've missed the fact that you've decided a 12 year old child you've never met involved in an incident completely unrelated to your life is somehow responsible for your "feelings".   And you think I'M the one with the weird notions. 

This whole incident is a fantastic case study in the phrase "mountain out of a molehill".  Nothing important happened except a whole host of American adults jumped at the chance to show the world how crazy they are.

The adults are clearly not the one misbehaving on this one.

Of course they are.  We had sleazy reporters invoking the name of Pence to get clicks on a story she had nothing to do with.  We had rabid leftist/psuedo-feminist whackjobs who convicted these boys and Mrs. Pence without knowing any of the facts.  We now have the rabid racist RWNJs calling for Amari to be charged with a hate crime.  We have all the people who posted angry stupid bullshit on various outlets when they used her story to confirm their own bias and are now blaming her because they made idiots of themselves and don't want to admit they need to log off and go think about their lives.

And we have all the people along the way whose emotions control them instead of vice versa.

In short....we have a whole host of people who need to get some perspective and start acting like adults.

This little girl is twelve.....years.....old.   The rest of these people have no excuse.

And, commonsense should inform you that I, "moi," am too remote from the reality of this situation to get overly-abusive or acquire PTSD from it.

So are you "sickened" or not?  Just exactly how much emotional control have you given this girl?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
23.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @23.1.5    5 years ago
Now you wish me to accept that emotional injury/trauma is not a thing in the word.

it is a fact that people have emotions.

however, emotions are not facts.   we call those "personal problems"

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.8  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1.6    5 years ago
Huge numbers of adults deserve large portions of scorn and derision for their behavior surrounding this incident.

You've missed the fact that you've decided a 12 year old child you've never met involved in an incident completely unrelated to your life is somehow responsible for your "feelings".   And you think I'M the one with the weird notions. 

This whole incident is a fantastic case study in the phrase "mountain out of a molehill".  Nothing important happened except a whole host of American adults jumped at the chance to show the world how crazy they are.

The adults are clearly not the one misbehaving on this one.

Of course they are.  We had sleazy reporters invoking the name of Pence to get clicks on a story she had nothing to do with.  We had rabid leftist/psuedo-feminist whackjobs who convicted these boys and Mrs. Pence without knowing any of the facts.  We now have the rabid racist RWNJs calling for Amari to be charged with a hate crime.  We have all the people who posted angry stupid bullshit on various outlets when they used her story to confirm their own bias and are now blaming her because they made idiots of themselves and don't want to admit they need to log off and go think about their lives.

And we have all the people along the way whose emotions control them instead of vice versa.

In short....we have a whole host of people who need to get some perspective and start acting like adults.

This little girl is twelve.....years.....old.   The rest of these people have no excuse.

So are you "sickened" or not?  Just exactly how much emotional control have you given this girl?

First, let me established that I will not be chastised by you.

Second, you seem to place great stock in my use of the word, "sickened" since you seem to be 'driving it home.' Well, in was a passing moment in time. I am fond of getting over things, thus I am 'better' now. Exception: I am "sickened" by your taunts. (I'll get over it too!)

Third, if you wish to comment on COMMENT BOARDS then you better wisen up that this is what we do here on a daily basis. We read and reply to 'stuff'—rightly and wrongly. If that makes us 'guilty' of pettiness, you can chalk it up to the nature of the beast and whatever tendencies 'drive' up to show up here. . . . Hey! You're here too! WTheaven!

This 'case' did not start out as a molehill. Ultimately, Amari Allen lied to the media. The story got picked up (went viral) rather she understood how adults in that industry execute or not. The online community discussed what she 'reported' to the journalists—those 'beasts' of far and wide 24/7 coverages. Then, the child thought better of having done so for whatever reason and changed her mind, afterwards she followed up with a new 'press release.' The media covered that change of heart too. And so have we here in our statements.

I don't like liars. I will give Amari Allen a 'mulligan' and move on. But, I will not have your grown. . .self. . . climb up my tree and attempt to tell me how I should manage my feelings about a twelve year old who told the media a lie. I hope you understand. (Smile.)

Now to the politics of the matter. I never got into that part as you portray it. Exception: I  extended an overarching theme for the First Lady and the Second Lady. And it was appropriate assuming we gave Amari Allen the benefit of doubt. Turns out Amari did not deserve the benefit! That's on her and not me. So, miss me about the politics of this, in any other comment you might choose to sent me.

Lastly, I am "sickened" that I did not get back to this comment of yours hours ago; for it really, really, did not deserve to be circulating out there without a response this long. (Sickened. But, I will get over it. It's what I do.)

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.9  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @23.1.7    5 years ago

Well, you carry a lance and ride a 'perpetual' moving horse. And, one day you expect a new civil war outbreak in the United States: how "emotional" will that be. (This is rhetorical.) But, I digress.

What is your point?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23.1.8    5 years ago

Will you still be keeping the library of my comments so you can try to catch me in some double standard, or are we done with that now?

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.11  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1.10    5 years ago

A whole 'library' with a filing system? Don't flatter yourself, Jack_TX! I only have one entry from you and to be fair you're being consistent. And, indulgent too.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
23.1.12  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @23.1.11    5 years ago

Awww.  C'mon man.  Don't I even get a shelf?

jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.13  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @23.1.12    5 years ago

No shelf necessary. It is a blended list actually of 'hot comments.'

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
23.1.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @23.1.9    5 years ago
one day you expect a new civil war outbreak in the United States

no I don't expect that.    the left does not have the balz to push that far... they never did, never will.   

all civil wars start in the courts and the left can't win in the courts so there will be no bloody civil war /  only a judicial civil war can be had and the left is destined to fail.

you carry a lance and ride a 'perpetual' moving horse

try living in the real world.

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.15  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @23.1.14    5 years ago

Nice day we're having in the real world. It's Sunday and I am drinking a nice, peaceful, glass of laughter. Want some? jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
23.1.16  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @23.1.15    5 years ago
I am drinking a nice, peaceful, glass of laughter. Want some?

I get enough of that with the lefts fake impeachment narrative.

but thanks for your concern :)

CB
Professor Principal
23.1.17  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @23.1.16    5 years ago

Well, too-da-loo! All's well in Pleasantville!