╌>

Amber Guyger Guilty of Murder!

Category:  News & Politics

By:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  86 comments

Amber Guyger Guilty of Murder!

Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger was just convicted of Murder.  More details coming.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

The judge gave the jury 3 choices:  Murder, manslaughter, not guilty.  The jury chose guilty.

Professor Guide
1.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

*of murder*

oops.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

U.S.

Texas Cop Who Murdered Black Man in His Home Admitted She's Racist in Text Messages

5f46f080-ca05-11e5-8ddc-41e33962f2e4_d4dcc14fc05a12e58c80dbad3a7cfbce.png.cf.jpg   Chris Harris, People   4 hours ago  

After convicting Amber Guyger of the murder of Botham Jean , Texas jurors were presented with racist and violent text and social media messages composed by the former Dallas police officer before the fatal shooting.

Guyger, 31, who is white, faces 99 years behind bars as the conviction phase of her trial resumes on Wednesday.

She was found guilty on Wednesday of   killing her 26-year-old neighbor   on another floor, who is black, inside his own apartment, claiming she mistook him for someone burglarizing her own home.

According to WFAA , jurors heard prosecutors present text messages from Jan. 15, 2018, as Dallas officers were assigned to the Martin Luther King Jr. parade.

“When does this end lol,” read a text to Guyger, to which she responded, “When MLK is dead… oh wait…”

As the texted conversation turned to the parade attendees, WFAA reports Guyger texted, “Just push them… or spray your pepper spray in that general area.”

The Washington Post   reports  that, in another text exchange dated Sept. 4, 2018, someone reached out to Guyger about adopting a German Shepherd.

RELATED:   Murder Trial Begins for Off-Duty Cop Who Shot, Killed Man Inside His Apartment

“Although she may be racist,” the dog’s owner messaged Guyger.

“It’s okay,” Guyger replied. “I’m the same.”

4dfea249ef7d478fa960aac166366865

In the same group text thread, she wrote, “I hate everything and everyone but y’all,” according to   the Post .

The state also shared text messages sent between Guyger and her ex-lover and police partner, Officer Martin Rivera, from March 9, 2018, in which they seem to disparage black officers.

“Damn I was at this area with 5 different black officers!!!,” she wrote to him,   according to   the Dallas Morning News . “Not racist but damn,” he responded.

RELATED:   Cop Who Killed Neighbor in His Home Was Allegedly Distracted by Sexually Explicit Calls, Texts

“Not racist but just have a different way of working and it shows,” she replied.

Social media posts made by Guyger, which prosecutors presented to jurors Wednesday, were violent in nature.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F09%2Famber-guyer-botham.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&w=1000&f=jpg&q=80

One image she shared shows a military sniper, along with text that reads: “Stay low, go fast; kill first, die last; one shot, one kill; no luck, all skill.”

In another post, Guyger wrote: “I wear all black to remind you not to mess with me, because I’m already dressed for your funeral.”

She further commented she had a gun, shovel and gloves ready to go, according to the reports.

Additionally, Guyger commented, “People are so ungrateful,” on a post featuring a cartoon character with the text: “No one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them.”

RELATED:   Tx. Cop Convicted of Murder for Shooting Neighbor in His Home, Claiming She Thought He Was Burglar

Also on Wednesday, Jean’s mother, Allison Jean, shared the pain she’s endured since her businessman son’s killing.

“My life has not been the same,” his mother told jurors. “It’s been a roller coaster. I can’t sleep. I can’t eat.”

Guyger told jurors during her testimony at trial she mistakenly walked into Jean’s apartment on Sept. 6, 2018, and believed it was her own apartment.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage?   Click here   to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

“I was scared whoever was inside of my apartment was going to kill me, and I’m sorry,” Guyger testified last Friday while sobbing. “I have to live with that every single day.”

Jurors were given the option of finding Guyger guilty of manslaughter, a lesser conviction.

It was not immediately clear Wednesday if Guyger intends to appeal her conviction.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
1.3.1  cjfrommn  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago

as  i noted below, the real amber has been exposed! 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

Good!

Professor Guide
2.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

I was hoping for a conviction, but not in a million years would I have expected a murder conviction.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    5 years ago

I totally agree, sister.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    5 years ago

Same.  I expected manslaughter.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

I'm surprised

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I would assume there have been many people convicted of murder who didnt mean for the person they shot to die. 

She will probably get the low end of sentencing guidelines for that level of the crime. 

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6  cjfrommn    5 years ago

Well if the officer up here in Mpls was convicted of it, then surely this officer would be found guilty of murder. I would anticipate and would not object to her being sentenced on the low end of the guidelines. 

I also agree that the FOG of on duty work can set you up for some very "keep to yourself" moments. But i also believe that officers also must be more diligent in remembering they do have the ability to do things that can have dangerous results. Thus realizing the fog and fighting it does matter.

Hopefully the administrative component of this police dept will address this over worked officers issue. And maybe the police union has or will provide suggestions based on getting input from the rank and file. 

sadly alot of people are still hurting from this incident. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

"Guyger’s lawyers have said the 31-year-old, who was fired from the police force shortly after she killed Jean, was exhausted and scared when she heard someone inside the unit she thought was her own that night. She opened the door, saw a “silhouette figure” in the dark apartment and feared for her life, they said. She said she asked to see his hands, but he just walked toward her. She fired two shots."

Prosecutors "said a reasonable person would have noticed the illuminated apartment numbers that read 1478, rather than 1378, and would have seen Jean’s red doormat. She wasn’t paying attention, prosecutors said, because too caught up in a sexually explicit conversation she was having with her partner on the police force.

“I mean, my God,” said Jason Fine, the Dallas County Assistant District Attorney. “This is crazy.”

Prosecutors also questioned why Guyger even opened the door when she suspected someone was inside, arguing that police training teaches officers confronting a burglar to take cover and call for backup.

“For Amber Guyger, Mr. Jean was dead before that door ever opened,” said Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor."

I think the reason they didn't rule manslaughter was the fact that as an officer she should have know how to handle that situation properly, even after a 12 hr shift, which was not to burst in and confront the supposed intruder and then fire on a "silhouette figure" in the dark without seeing any weapon or anything that could have been viewed as putting her life in immediate danger, even if she truly thought it was her apartment. The defense tried to use the "castle doctrine" to claim she had the right to shoot first and ask questions later. But the jury didn't see it as her being intruded upon and standing her ground, it was she who was the intruder after admitting she thought she heard someone in the apartment before opening the door and entering which means she had plenty of time to call for backup without any threat to her person while standing in the hallway. She jumped to conclusions, jumped into action and shot at a silhouette without identifying any actual threat. She can claim she was just tired, but the fact is she did not follow the procedure and training she had received and escalated an unnecessary confrontation that led to the death of a man simply walking through his own apartment.

Professor Guide
7.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7    5 years ago
She can claim she was just tired, but the fact is she did not follow the procedure and training she had received and escalated an unnecessary confrontation that led to the death of a man simply walking through his own apartment.

And what's worse is that by all accounts, Mr. Jean was a really great guy.  I don't know how one can live with themselves after something like this.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1    5 years ago
I don't know how one can live with themselves after something like this.

Simple, just don't accept responsibility for your actions then nothing can be your fault

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    5 years ago

Still can't grasp why and how Amber Guyger did't immediately realize she was NOT in her own apartment.  Just seems odd to me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago

The whole thing stinks to high heaven to me.  

An unarmed man killed in his own apartment.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    5 years ago

Yeah.  Well, it is done.  Time for the appeals and the Sovereign Nation folk to...……...do what ever it is they do.

Guyger took one life, destroyed her own and caused heartache and misery to the victim's family, her own family and the friends of all those involved.  This is sad and is becoming too typical of life in America.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

It's a hard case because it seems like she made an honest mistake. However, is it the kind of mistake that we can tolerate as a society? Does the victim's family care that it was a mistake? Should they have to accept this?

As to the charge, is it murder or manslaughter?

Very broadly, Murder is an unlawful killing with malice aforethought. That simply means "did she intend to kill someone?" The answer is pretty straightforward. Yes, she did. I'm not saying she she set out that day planning to murder someone. But at that moment, she did mean to pull her gun and shoot the person in front of her.

If it were done in the heat of passion, that would be voluntary manslaughter. If it were some kind of an accident, that would be involuntary manslaughter. That leaves us with murder.

So then the question is, does she have some excuse, like she was shooting in self-defense or defense of others or her home. She says she was, and I suspect the jury even believed that she believed that.

The big question is was it reasonable for her to believe she was defending herself or her home? Is it reasonable that she was walking on floors that she should have noticed were different than the usual floors she walks on to reach her apartment? Is it reasonable that she never noticed she wasn't in her own home? 

At some point we have to draw a line between an honest and reasonable mistake and insisting that people with guns use their heads and take in the situation around them. She wasn't beamed - Star Trek style - into someone else's apartment. She had to walk there. She had ample opportunity to take in her surroundings. Therefore, she has no excuse.

It's a horrible tragedy.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago

"Honest mistake?"  How covering that is, or would cowering be a better fit?  Ah well, "Stormy who" is an honest mistake too, right?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1    5 years ago

You clearly didn't read the whole comment. Try again.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1    5 years ago

When in doubt, and can't make a valid argument- Trump it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @9.1.2    5 years ago

Exactly.  "Trump it" and the Trump will deliver.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago
It's a hard case because it seems like she made an honest mistake. However, is it the kind of mistake that we can tolerate as a society?

If she had simply followed protocol this "honest mistake" would have resulted in units responding to her call as she waited for back up in the hallway, and perhaps, as she noticed the very different front door mat and different glowing apartment number, a good laugh for those responding as they realized she was on the wrong floor. Instead, she took it upon herself to open the door, charge in gun drawn, and fire at a silhouetted figure, admitting she was shooting to kill.

It's a sad outcome that should never have happened. If she had chosen to follow the rules this poor man would be alive and may have even laughed along with her when backup arrived and confirmed he was in his own apartment doing nothing wrong.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.2    5 years ago

Honest mistake my ass.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.4  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago
It's a hard case because it seems like she made an honest mistake. However, is it the kind of mistake that we can tolerate as a society? Does the victim's family care that it was a mistake? Should they have to accept this?

I disagree. I have been pretty drunk in my time, but if I had to climb a set of stairs, when my apartment is on the first floor, I think I would have noticed..... I just don't buy it... 

Also, she was a cop. All she had to do was retreat to her car, call for backup and there would have been swarms of cops there in under two minutes. But she didn't. Why not? 

She had a first aid kit, but it wasn't even opened? After she shot the guy, she offered no first aid? Why not? 

Sorry, but nothing in her story makes any sense and at the end of the day? We have a dead guy that was guilty of nothing more than sitting on his couch watching tv. Murder? Damn right it was. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10  It Is ME    5 years ago

Sometimes....you're just not safe in your own home.

I don't care how tired she may say she was, this just wasn't right at all.

Sentence was a bit much, but not by much.

Makes me wonder about her "Street Smarts" though ! 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1  Tacos!  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago
Sentence was a bit much, but not by much.

I don't think she's actually been sentenced yet. That's usually a separate proceeding. Minimum in Texas is 20 years, I think.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    5 years ago

aaaahhhhh !

I thought they were going for the max. !

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    5 years ago

The sentencing phase is live on TV right now, at least in Dallas.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @10.1.2    5 years ago

They're already in the sentencing phase??? Wow...that was fast

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @10.1.2    5 years ago

This appears to be the live feed.

Botham's mother is testifying and going through family photos at the moment.

A reporter earlier said the range of sentencing was from 5 to 99 years.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @10.1.4    5 years ago

The feed is about 30 seconds behind the "live" TV feed on channel 5

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @10.1.4    5 years ago
A reporter earlier said the range of sentencing was from 5 to 99 years.

That's correct. I don't know where I got 20. Per the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 12.32. FIRST DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT. (a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the first degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for any term of not more than 99 years or less than 5 years.

Professor Guide
10.1.7  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @10.1.2    5 years ago

Sentencing was supposed to be tomorrow.

And let me just say right now that seeing Benjamin freaking Crump flapping his yap makes me sick.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10.1.7    5 years ago

Me, too. This is not the same thing as Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin at all.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 years ago

Damnit... Now I have to vote you up because I agree..

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @10.2    5 years ago
Damnit... Now I have to vote you up because I agree..

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sorry....didn't mean to put you in that kind of predicament ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
11  Ender    5 years ago

Quick story, Took my Aunt to the post office so she could empty out her PO box. Hadn't checked it in a while. Waiting in the car, watched her walk out with a big stack of mail in her hands. She walked up to the car next to us, opened the passenger door, dropped the mail on the floor, got in and shut the door. Talking the whole time. We just looked at the guy laughing and he looked at us like, what the hell?

She finally looked at the driver and was shocked to see a stranger there. She then looked over and saw us laughing our asses off. He took it well and had a little laugh. Definitely a story to tell his family when he got home, some crazy woman getting into his car, throwing mail on the floor and talking nonstop to him.

Anyway, I can easily see a mistake being made. My problem is, being off duty, she should not have barged in and started shooting. Ridiculous. It was like all her training went out the window.

Should have slapped her with manslaughter 5 to 10.

Professor Guide
13  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

More details:

A Texas jury rejected former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger's self-defense claims and convicted her of murder on Tuesday in the fatal 2018 shooting of an innocent man eating ice cream in his own home after mistaking his apartment for her own

The 12-member jury reached its verdict after deliberating for less than two days. Guyger stood as Dallas County District Court Judge Tammy Kemp read the decision. 

"We the jury unanimously find the defendant Amber Guyger guilty of murder as charged in the indictment," Kemp read. 

The family members of Botham Jean, the neighbor Guyger shot to death on Sept. 6, 2018, burst into tears as the jury granted them a measure of justice. Jean's mother, Allison Jean, held her head back and stared at the ceiling, raising her hands, thankful that justice for her son had been served.

The 31-year-old Guyger, who was fired from the Dallas Police Department days after the shooting, faces a prison sentence of five to 99 years. The sentencing phase of the trial is scheduled to begin later Tuesday and the jury is expected to hear from Jean's family members before rendering punishment. 

"We believe that Botham's life mattered and we want a sentence that reflects that," Lee Merritt, an attorney for Jean family, said at a post-verdict news conference. 

Upon hearing the verdict, Guyger appeared to wipe tears from her eyes with a tissue as she sat back down at the defense table. 

"Nothing will bring Botham back, but today his family has found some measure of justice," Ben Crump, a lawyer for Jean's family, said in a statement. "What happened on September 6, 2018, is clear to everyone: This officer saw a black man and shot, without reason and without justification. The jury’s thoughtful verdict sets a powerful precedent for future cases, telling law enforcement officers that they cannot hide behind the badge but instead will face justice for their wrongful actions." 

The verdict followed a trial that lasted a little over a week. The jury was sequestered throughout the proceedings. 

The jury began deliberations Monday afternoon after prosecutors told them in their closing argument that Guyger made a series of "unreasonable decisions" that cost an innocent man his life. Defense attorneys countered that she made "reasonable" mistakes that led her to resort to lethal force because she believed her life was in jeopardy.

Crump later said at a news conference that the jury made "history today in America." He then cited other African Americans killed by police who were cleared of wrongdoing, including 12-year-old Tamir Rice who was killed by a white Cleveland police officer. 

Crump said the verdict was "for so many unarmed black and brown people all over America" killed by police.

The jury came to its decision after asking for clarification on the definition of manslaughter and a clearer explanation of the Castle Doctrine, a legal protection for a homeowner who uses deadly force inside their home against an intruder. 

Guyger's defense team attempted to use the Castle Doctrine, which is similar to Florida's "stand your ground" law, as a defense, arguing that while she was in the wrong apartment, in her mind she believed she was in her own unit, which was a floor below Jean's. The prosecution countered that the Castle Doctrine did not apply in the case. 

Before the jurors began deliberations, Judge Kemp gave them a series of instructions, including offering the panel the option of weighing whether Guyger committed murder or manslaughter when she mistakenly entered Jean's apartment and fatally shot him believing he was an intruder.

In his closing argument on Monday, Dallas County Assistant District Attorney Jason Fine stood before jurors and asked them to reject Guyer's "crazy" contention that she shot the 26-year-old Jean in self-defense because she believed she was in her own apartment and that the victim, who was sitting on his couch eating ice cream, was going to kill her.

Fine began by reading from a piece of paper an excerpt from Guyger's testimony last week, in which she said, "I never want anybody to have to go through or even imagine going through what I felt that night." 

"Are you kidding me? That is garbage," Fine said, crumpling up the paper and throwing it in the trash. "Most of what she said was garbage. Ninety-nine percent of this trial has been about the defendant." 

Fine asked the jury to put themselves in the shoes of both Jean and Guyger when they entered the deliberation room. 

"He's eating ice cream on his couch. So, if you're sitting and eating ice cream you get shot in the heart? Is that what we're saying?" Fine said.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13    5 years ago

TBH, I think it was pretty slimy to claim self-defense.  She should have pled guilty.

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1    5 years ago

I think she should have worked out some sort of plea deal to begin with.

Though sometimes I think I have seen too many crime shows.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1    5 years ago
She should have pled guilty.

Criminals are not well known for their social conscience

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1    5 years ago

TBH, I think it was pretty slimy to claim self-defense.  She should have pled guilty.

Exactly. Self defense of what? An apartment that she didn't even live in? WTF? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1    5 years ago
She should have pled guilty.

Of course we don't know what - if any - deals were floated. Murder is a first degree felony in Texas and manslaughter is a second degree felony. They carry minimum terms of 5 and 2 years respectively, but they have maximums of 99 and 20 years. No lawyer is going to let his client plead to a potential 99 year sentence and few would plead to anything approaching 20 years, especially for a first offense. But again, we don't know the offer.

Maybe any prison time was unacceptable to her. Or maybe she just really felt like she hadn't done anything wrong.

Professor Guide
13.1.5  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @13.1.1    5 years ago
Though sometimes I think I have seen too many crime shows.

Yeah, me too sometimes.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
14  Steve Ott    5 years ago

A police officer, just like a soldier, should always be aware of their surroundings. I've worked 12 hour days for months on end (and I'm 30 years older than this gal) and never walked into the wrong house. If you do that kind of stuff, you are one stupid human being.

She lived one floor BELOW. the apartment she was in. If you are that disoriented how did you even make it that far? There is nothing about her story that holds up to scrutiny.

About time a cop got their due.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
15  cjfrommn    5 years ago

Well this poor lady /s/ had her texts read out loud in court-- humm i am not buying the fear defense now,

In the texts, Guyger jokes about Martin Luther King Jr.’s death, mocks her black colleagues and discusses a dog that her friend warns “may be racist.” “It’s okay.. I’m the same,” Guyger wrote back about the dog, just days before she fatally shot 26-year-old Botham Jean   in his Dallas apartment on Sept. 6, 2018 . One minute later, she texted again: “I hate everything and everyone but y’all.”

well this stuff just is sometimes is as you see it. exposed her self with her fingers-- so here is the real amber!!

I wonder if she will be concerned about how many inmates may take a wrong turn in to her jail cell. And blame it on a dysfunctional sleep number bed, humm

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjfrommn @15    5 years ago

I don't think this all came out until after the verdict was handed down.  

Professor Guide
15.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cjfrommn @15    5 years ago
I wonder if she will be concerned about how many inmates may take a wrong turn in to her jail cell.

I'm certain that will be a concern as she serves her ten-year sentence.  She will be in segregation and protected, but if someone really wanted to get to her, they could. 

Professor Guide
16  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Ten Years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @16    5 years ago

Sounds about right. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @16    5 years ago

10 months if she puts her mind, er... hind to it

Professor Guide
16.2.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @16.2    5 years ago

I thought that was just a guy prisoner thing...

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @16.2.1    5 years ago

well I, er, uh... never mind.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
16.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @16    5 years ago

A little harsh but she should be out in 5.

Professor Guide
17  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

If you haven't seen the hug, I highly recommend it.  Still sobbing, I am.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
17.1  cjfrommn  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    5 years ago

well this young man should be first in line when he gets upstairs. wow i hope he was motivated more for himself to allow to heal vs her. But thats why this is such a tragedy because we know this man was more afraid of her then she of him! sad for all involved!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Moral of the story - always be aware of where you are and never text while walking. 

This lady is most likely not evil, but she is guilty of causing an accident that took someones life.  She caused it, she is responsible to the tune of 10 years in prison. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
18.1  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @18    5 years ago

5 at most.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
18.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @18    5 years ago

She claimed she was deep into a sexual conversation with her officer boyfriend when she parked the car and approached her apartment.

So naturally the police took and searched the cell phone.

It bothered me that the city fired her quickly, no push back from the union or the ACLU, no one.

Turns out her text messages to other white officers were a trove of racist comments.

The jury picked murder because Guyger saw a black person and instinctively shot twice not once.

10 years minimum is my best guess...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
18.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @18.2    5 years ago

and 10 years it is...