Woman taunts lion after climbing into enclosure at Bronx Zoo

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 weeks ago  •  53 comments

Woman taunts lion after climbing into enclosure at Bronx Zoo
This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death. Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A woman climbed over a safety barrier at New York City’s Bronx Zoo last week and made her way into the lion exhibit, standing dangerously close to one of the animals.

The woman, standing a few feet away from a male lion, waved her hands and moved her body as if she was dancing. The incident was captured in photos and videos that were posted on Instagram.

It's unclear how long the woman stayed in the enclosure. There was a moat-like barrier between the lion and the area where the woman was standing, NBC New York reported.

No one was injured. In a statement, the zoo called the incident a violation and said it had filed a complaint for criminal trespass.

"This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death. Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe," the zoo told NBC New York. "We have a zero tolerance policy on trespass and violation of barriers."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 weeks ago

A fool and her life are soon parted?  Stupidest.  Lady.  Ever.

JaneDoe
1.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 weeks ago

There sure are some stupid people in the world.

1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1    3 weeks ago

Indeed.  Had she been mauled and/or killed, her relatives would be assaulting each other at this very moment for the right to sue everyone and their mother.

Tessylo
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 weeks ago

What a stupid bitch!  Luckily the lion wasn't able to maul or attack her or they probably would have had to put the lion down.  

Ed-NavDoc
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 weeks ago

And another Darwin Award contender in the running!jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
1.3.1  Freefaller  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    3 weeks ago

Not being contrary just want to point out that to be in contention for a Darwin Award a person has to be rendered unable to breed

XDm9mm
1.3.2  XDm9mm  replied to  Freefaller @1.3.1    3 weeks ago
Not being contrary just want to point out that to be in contention for a Darwin Award a person has to be rendered unable to breed

Have you taken a look at the picture of her?  

Why do you think the lion is looking at her like "Seriously?"

Trout Giggles
1.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @1.3.1    3 weeks ago

I had to look that up because I couldn't remember if Darwin Award nominees had to be rendered unable to breed:

The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognize individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization by their own actions.

Glad I looked it up before I started to argue with you. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
1.3.4  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.3    3 weeks ago
I started to argue with you.

No worries I'm wrong lots, there will be other opportunities

Freefaller
1.3.5  Freefaller  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.2    3 weeks ago
Have you taken a look at the picture of her?  

I agree but that's a result of her genes, health and lifestyle not interaction with the lion.  So still no Darwin for her.

Freefaller
1.4  Freefaller  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 weeks ago
Stupidest.  Lady.  Ever.

Lol while she's way up there on the list she's not the stupidest as there's been some who did the same sort of thing but without a moat and managed to get themselves killed.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    3 weeks ago

Does she vote Democrat too ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
2.1  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @2    3 weeks ago
Does she vote Democrat too ?

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to making NT a better place!

Your ceaseless efforts at improving the overall tone of this website have not gone unnoticed!

Krishna
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1    3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to making NT a better place!

Your ceaseless efforts at improving the overall tone of this website have not gone unnoticed!

Oooops!

I "inadvertently" forgot to include the /sarcasm tag!

(How careless of me jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif )

It Is ME
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @2.1    3 weeks ago

You like me don't you ! jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
2.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

As JaneDoe said (comment 1.1):

Krishna
2.1.4  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    3 weeks ago
You like me don't you !

What I don't like is people constantly trying to derail conversations that are not political by attempting to turn every non-political story into an attempt to proselytze their political (or religious) views.

It Is ME
2.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @2.1.4    3 weeks ago
What I don't like is people constantly trying to derail conversations that are not political

Okay ….. I "Feel" you ! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

How's this:

I can't believe someone would put their own life on the line for a photo shoot !

That's about as "DEEP" as you can get on a simple story about STUPID people. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Happy ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

OR

Maybe we should dig REALLY deep, and see if we can pull up her "Mental Capacity Records" to insure this never happens again.....if they're available that is !

Trout Giggles
2.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Krishna @2.1.4    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  It Is ME @2    3 weeks ago

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think the lion cares about political affiliations.  

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.2.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    3 weeks ago

That poor lion cares about one thing, living a better life outside the prison it lives in.

It Is ME
2.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    3 weeks ago
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think the lion cares about political affiliations.

The "Lion" wasn't the one that was worrying me. jrSmiley_41_smiley_image.gif

2.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.2    3 weeks ago
The "Lion" wasn't the one that was worrying me.

Perhaps not, but lion vs. dumbass is such a worthwhile topic.  Any thoughts on that?

It Is ME
2.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.3    3 weeks ago
Any thoughts on that?

Ummmmm…..SURE....why not !

THOUGHTS .. by "It Is Me": Does she vote Democrat ?

2.2.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.4    3 weeks ago
Ummmmm…..SURE....why not ! THOUGHTS .. by "It Is Me": Does she vote Democrat ?

I'll admit, that is a funny reply...and I am partial to funny replies, especially funny, smartass replies.  However, I'm hoping it's the last comment made regarding this lady's alleged political affiliations.  

It Is ME
2.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.5    3 weeks ago
However, I'm hoping it's the last comment made regarding this lady's alleged political affiliations.  

Well.... I don't see the motive for fawning all over "Stupid" persons, so why not take it to another level. 

Stupid is as Stupid does. That's about as far as one can take …… STUPID !

2.2.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.6    3 weeks ago
Stupid is as Stupid does. That's about as far as one can take …… STUPID !

I understand what you are saying.  I was thinking the very same thing just before I clicked on this, the most recent of your contributions here.  

Your happiness is important to me, and I don't think you are going to be happy by continuing to comment on this 'stupid is as stupid does' seed.

That said, I need to dash...my girl Nancy is on CNN and I'm missing it.

Krishna
2.2.9  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    3 weeks ago

The Lion is an "Independent"!

Kathleen
3  Kathleen    3 weeks ago

The lion was looking at her like she was some kind of a nut.

If he attacked her they would have probably killed  him and I would be very angry.

JaneDoe
4  JaneDoe    3 weeks ago
The lion was looking at her like she was some kind of a nut.

I think he was wondering what she might taste like.

Trout Giggles
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JaneDoe @4    3 weeks ago

He probably would have wanted to wash his mouth out. I doubt people actually taste very good to lions. I'm pretty sure we don't taste like chicken

4.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago
I doubt people actually taste very good to lions. I'm pretty sure we don't taste like chicken

The good news is that her weave would provide a fair amount of built-in floss.

XDm9mm
4.1.2  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago
I doubt people actually taste very good to lions.

That would be dependent on what SHE had to eat.  Most wild carnivores go for the tasty guts first.  It's the easiest to get, most filling, easiest to digest and best for them.  (Wild critters are actually pretty damn smart.)  Going for the muscle meat means having to work to rip it off the bone.

JaneDoe
4.1.3  JaneDoe  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago
I doubt people actually taste very good to lions.

After the first bite he would have realized, this ain’t chicken... Then he would have just tossed her in the air a few times like a cat “playing” with a mouse until it’s dead.

Just Jim NC TttH
4.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.1    3 weeks ago
The good news is that her weave would provide a fair amount of built-in floss.

And a good bit of fiber...........

Ronin2
4.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago

Are you sure?

Soylent Green is people after all.

Trout Giggles
4.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that didn't taste like chicken, either. Probably more like styrofoam

Ronin2
4.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.6    2 weeks ago

Really? I heard pretty much everything tastes like chicken, except fish.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
5  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    3 weeks ago

Put the Lion back in it's natural habitat and put that lady in the cage.

Zoos are awful places. Keeping animals in small enclosures is torture and it's time to end the practice. I've heard all of the reasons why we need to cage animals but none of them are good. It's for our entertainment, research is best suited for the field. This lady is a perfect example of why the zoo should not be.

Let's put resources in to protecting the lions habitat and morons can watch documentaries about them without encounters like this. Had the lion killed the lady the zoo would have killed the lion. 

XDm9mm
5.1  XDm9mm  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @5    3 weeks ago
Put the Lion back in it's natural habitat and put that lady in the cage.

While it's a nice concept, it's not practical and would likely result in the deaths of many of those animals.   Most if not all zoo animals were born in captivity and have no concept of any world beyond the confines of their environment.  Putting them out in the "real world" without the skills to survive and thrive would be extremely cruel.

Now, as to the "lady", the use of that term is insulting to 'ladies'.  But I agree that she should be in her own cage.

5.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1    3 weeks ago
Now, as to the "lady", the use of that term is insulting to 'ladies'.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
5.1.2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.1    3 weeks ago

If you were put in a cage, I wouldn't think it was funny. It might be kind of hot though.

XDm9mm
6  XDm9mm    3 weeks ago

It's too bad that the lion had already been fed.   He missed out on a nice fresh hot meal.

Paula Bartholomew
7  Paula Bartholomew    3 weeks ago

Lucky for her that lions don't like junk food.

It Is ME
7.1  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7    3 weeks ago

Ouch ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

7.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  It Is ME @7.1    3 weeks ago
Ouch !

Now that's funny, too.  You wear a sense of humor really well.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
7.1.2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

I felt it was racist to call her junk food. I reported it to the race police on twitter.

It Is ME
7.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

The good old days....when making Fun wasn't seen as offensive !

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
7.1.4  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.3    3 weeks ago

I'm super pc that's why i see the injustices.

It Is ME
7.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7.1.4    3 weeks ago

Excelsior ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7.1.2    2 weeks ago

Aww shucks.  Oh wait, I don't tweet.

XDm9mm
7.2  XDm9mm  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7    3 weeks ago

Damn....   I wish I thought of that one!!  

GREAT JOB Paula.

Paula Bartholomew
7.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @7.2    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif