╌>

Robert De Niro Accused of 'Unwanted Physical Contact,' Sexist Behavior by Former Employee in $12 Million Lawsuit

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  26 comments

Robert De Niro Accused of 'Unwanted Physical Contact,' Sexist Behavior by Former Employee in $12 Million Lawsuit
"Robert De Niro is someone who has clung to old mores. He does not accept the idea that men should treat women as equals. He does not care that gender discrimination in the workplace violates the law. Ms. Robinson is a casualty of this attitude."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Robert De Niro has been accused by a former female VP at Canal Productions of gender discrimination, harassment, unwanted physical contact and being verbally abusive in a new lawsuit.Graham Chase Robinson, who in 2017 was the vice president of production and finance at Canal Productions, filed the lawsuit Thursday in response to a previous lawsuit De Niro filed in August for $6 million, alleging that she embezzled money from the company and binge watched excessive amounts of "Friends" on Netflix while on the job.Robinson says in the lawsuit that De Niro "took a page out of the Bill O'Reilly playbook and treated her as though she was his "office wife." She's seeking $12 million in damages.
"For many, the 'good old days' were really the bad old days. Sexism and sex stereotyping were commonplace, and a patriarchal sensibility was pervasive among the nation's powerbrokers," the lawsuit reads. "Robert De Niro is someone who has clung to old mores. He does not accept the idea that men should treat women as equals. He does not care that gender discrimination in the workplace violates the law. Ms. Robinson is a casualty of this attitude."
Representatives for De Niro did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Robinson began working for Canal Productions as an assistant in 2008, but upon becoming a VP, she claims in the lawsuit that she was given responsibilities not commensurate with her title, assigned her stereotypical duties like housework and subjected her to unwanted physical contact and sexually charged comments.
Robinson also says that De Niro called her a "b----" and a "brat" and called another female business partner a "c---," and even looked the other way when another employee spanked her. She also claims that De Niro had her "scratch his back, button his shirts, fix his collars, tie his ties, and prod him awake when he was in bed."She further adds that she frequently threatened to quit but that De Niro always either offered her an opportunity to stay or threatened "repercussions" should she leave.
"In response, De Niro took a page out of the Bill O'Reilly playbook. Before Ms. Robinson could sue, De Niro retaliated. He had Canal sue Ms. Robinson in New York County Supreme Court and ensured that the suit would be widely publicized. The lawsuit is replete with 'clickbait' allegations that falsely characterize Ms. Robinson as a loafer, a thief, and a miscreant," the lawsuit reads. "Now, when her name is Googled, these allegations pop up on the screen. The results have been devastating to Ms. Robinson. Her reputation and her career have been destroyed."

Meta deleted - sandy

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Just another Liberal Hypocrite. Poor Robert and his TDS hates being exposed for the creep he is. Wasn't he involved in a pedophile sex ring recently?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Why do all these pedophiles flock around the Clintons?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

I love all the apparent conservative 'p'outrage when it's a liberal being accused. Funny how they sing a different tune when it's a conservative, that's when they want to wait for all the facts and claim it's just her word against his. In this case, he was suing her "alleging that she embezzled money from the company and binge watched excessive amounts of "Friends" on Netflix while on the job" so this is her retaliation suit against her being accused of embezzling. I can't tell who's telling the truth, but I certainly wouldn't jump to conclusions on this one. Can I imagine De Niro being an old school sexist? Definitely. But this is certainly not some old guy trying to date 16 year old's or an admission that he "doesn't even wait" for consent and just grabs women he finds attractive by the genitals. Not defending him in the least if he did something wrong, but I'll reserve my outrage for some actual facts, not just a retaliatory law suit.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    5 years ago

I am with you.  I am not jumping to the final chapter of this story until it is time to.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    5 years ago
I am with you.  I am not jumping to the final chapter of this story until it is time to.

Of course you are, 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @4.1.2    5 years ago

IOW, I have no opinion until more facts come to light.  If you can't accept that, then it is a YP not a MP.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    5 years ago

Yep.

Are we organizing donuts or something while we wait...calmly....like actual rational adults....who actually have zero actual knowledge of what actually happened...actually?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    5 years ago
but I'll reserve my outrage for some actual facts,

Of course you will. It's the wrong kind of story for you to get your faux rage stimulated.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @4.3    5 years ago
It's the wrong kind of story

Yes, one without any facts proving any wrongdoing, but that obviously didn't stop some of the conservatives here from demonizing and attacking De Niro because they are so desperate to hate the left.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.1    5 years ago

That surprises you?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.1    5 years ago
but that obviously didn't stop some of the conservatives

Well there is a profanity laced recording of him berating his assistant because he is out in California without something, I'm positive the progressive Liberal outrage would be more extreme if say it was Ted Nugents assistant that was the denigrated female.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Safe at last.  The GOPERS have another 'sex thing' to jump on. 

Uh, is the accuser Linda Tripp?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago
Safe at last. 

The GOPERS have another 'sex thing' to jump on. 

#METOO

Uh, is the accuser Linda Tripp?

When did Linda Tripp ever accuse anyone of sexually assaulting her?