╌>

Trump calls on China to join effort to tar Bidens

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  34 comments

Trump calls on China to join effort to tar Bidens

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Under the threat of impeachment over his request for Ukraine to look for damaging information about Joe Biden and his son Hunter, President Trump on Thursday called on China to also investigate the former vice president.

When asked what he was seeking from Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky in the July 25 phone call at the heart of the impeachment inquiry, Trump said he wanted the country to investigate the Bidens, then added that China should do the same.

Trump’s calling on a foreign government to investigate a political opponent is currently why Democrats are investigating him for potential impeachment. When Trump was asked at a Wednesday press conference what he wanted Zelensky to do,  the president melted down .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

China if you're listening . . .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

Trump wanted China's help with Kim, now with this?  Why would China help the perpetrator of a trade war with China? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Trump’s daughter Ivanka  received approval from the Chinese government for a number of valuable trademarks  last year, around the same time the president pledged American help for a troubled Chinese telecommunications company.

The sister of Jared Kushner, Ivanka’s husband and a White House adviser, has been under scrutiny about her  efforts to secure Chinese investors  for a family real estate project with the offer of prized U.S. residency permits.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1  Dulay  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

It's OKAY because they're Trump's kids...

Seriously, the RW won't even acknowledge the hypocrisy. 

I'll guarantee you one thing. When a Democrat wins the Presidency and they suggest that the Trump kids should be investigated, the GOP heads will explode. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Yes-- Trump really is that stooopid!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

He has now publicly asked for China and the Ukraine to interfere in out election.  What the fuck is it going to take?!?!?!?!?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1  Dulay  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    5 years ago
What the fuck is it going to take?!?!?!?!?

Any review of the seeds here will prove to you that the RW deny that Trump did anything wrong. 

Based on Trump's public behavior, not one of them that is a business owner would retain Trump as even a low level employee. Most of them who are loyal employees would report Trump's behavior to either their boss or to HR to protect co-workers and mitigate their companies liability. 

Yet they insist that Trump should remain in the highest office in the land. The cognitive dissonance required is galactic. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Dulay @4.1    5 years ago
Any review of the seeds here will prove to you that the RW deny that Trump did anything wrong. 

Kidding?  They deny Trump's actions, even after Trump has admitted to taking those actions.  They have no defense for those actions so all they can do is deny, ignore, and lie.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
4.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.1    5 years ago
all they can do is deny, ignore, and lie.

And they deflect.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    5 years ago
He has now publicly asked for China and the Ukraine to interfere in out election.

It's sounding more and more like Trump is feeling desperate about the security of his position. 

I bet the world is laughing as he digs himself in deeper and deeper with each time he opens his own mouth. 

He now seems to think that by upping Medicare he will be able to redeem himself, but, it seems that it too little too late. With every step he takes he sink lower and lower into the mud pit he himself has dug by thinking he is well above American law. 

While he may have gotten away with all sorts of BS over the years and feels he is untouchable, every dog has its day, and it seems that his day has come to calling. He realizes he can't run away from it now, and he is scared to death. And it show every time he opens his mouth, every move he makes, and every lie he tells. 

JMOO

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.1  Dulay  replied to  Raven Wing @4.3    5 years ago
I bet the world is laughing as he digs himself in deeper and deeper with each time he opens his own mouth. 

What's scary about this is the a couple of foreign nationals and Ukrainian Americans got Giuliani's ear and the bullshit flowed right to Trump, who of course believes it. 

Trump ignores every one in his Cabinet and in the IC but swills the pabulum served to him by the likes of Steven Miller and Giuliani. It's unconscionable, it's fucking up our relations with countries all over the world and it's demoralizing our Intel and State Dept. 

Not to mention the fact that it's threatening our election process. 

But hey, Putin and Trump get to make jokes about it so there's that...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Raven Wing @4.3    5 years ago

He really thinks he is the Teflon Don.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @4.3    5 years ago

The medicare thing is him trying to take attention away from how  he is royally blowing it.  Where I am grateful for any medicare upgrade, it is not enough for me to overlook one attaboy for all of the aww shits he has pulled.  If his publicly asking China and the Ukraine to interfere in the next election isn't high crimes and misdemeanors, I don't know what it.  Say either does dig up dirt and passes it on to Hair Hitler, I would bet that the Ukraine would get their funding and tariffs on China would lessen or disappear.  With Trump it is quid pro quo.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.3.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3.3    5 years ago

I think the Medicare thing is simply a defection from the negative news of the Impeachment deal going on, and if in fact Trump does get reelected he will simply reverse anything good for the people as soon as possible. His promises are not to be believed, he is nothing but hot air. Just like the Great Wall he promised to build between the US and Mexico which still remains incomplete no matter how much money he has robbed from other more deserving projects, and our own military. 

Yeah.....a great 'hero'. More like the "Joker."

Dulay
Professor Expert
6  Dulay    5 years ago
So you really don’t think the corruption on the part of the Democrats is of any interest to anybody and should be checked into that’s what you told us so far.

What I think is that foreign nations should NOT be drug into investigating every bullshit conspiracy theory that Trump and his sycophants throw at the wall.

If Trump or his sycophants had SPECIFIC charges, they would have handed them over to Ukraine for investigation LONG AGO.

I know you don't like FACTS but the FACT is, the US has a Treaty with Ukraine for " MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS". Of course, Trump didn't follow that Treaty because it requires that requests be made in WRITING and that EVIDENCE supporting the request for assistance be documented.

So Trump merely spewing allegations of CORRUPTION! doesn't cut it. Pompeo, Barr, Volker and Sondland should all be questioned about why the Treaty requirements were ignored. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6    5 years ago
So Trump merely spewing allegations of CORRUPTION! doesn't cut it.

It's got the Democrats chasing supposed ghosts ….. huh !

Now how 'bouts that "Good Ol' Joe and Ukraine thingy. Didn't Joe threaten "Cash Holdouts" based on "Corruption" ?

Sounds like Trump just wants to continue what "Good Old Joe" started !

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.1    5 years ago
It's got the Democrats chasing supposed ghosts ….. huh !

Obtuse. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.1.1    5 years ago

"Shinny Object". jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

OR

"Equal Standard" ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.3  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    5 years ago
"Shinny Object".

That's exactly what Trump's allegations of 'CORRUPTION' are. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @6.1.3    5 years ago
That's exactly what Trump's allegations of 'CORRUPTION' are. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

If Trump wants to weed out corruption, he should start with himself and his own family.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.1  lib50  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7    5 years ago

I'm waiting for the press to take up the call to investigate all of the families of all office holders, starting with the pres, vp, congress and appointees.  Watch out Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr, Eric, Devos family, Pence family,  Moscow Mitch and his wife (whoa, thats a twofer),   and I'm fine with throwing in the dems too, so lets get to it.  And I hearby request help from any country willing to get the goods on all of them, and hope they remember when dems win they will know who was helpful!   I think that pretty much sums up what Trump said.