╌>

Trump calls for Romney’s impeachment in Saturday Twitter storm

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  58 comments

Trump calls for Romney’s impeachment in Saturday Twitter storm

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Romney Family (Photo credit : Tu Vez

SALT LAKE CITY — President Donald Trump unleashed a storm of tweets Saturday against Sen. Mitt Romney, calling the Utah Republican names and ending his last missive with “#IMPEACHMITTROMNEY.”

The stream of invective began at about 8 a.m. with the president defending his phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, which is at the center of a House impeachment inquiry, and his asking China to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son.

About 10 minutes later the president got a little nastier, calling Romney a “pompous ‘ass’” who “begged” for Trump’s endorsement in his 2012 presidential race and for the secretary of state post after Trump won in 2016. Then about five hours later, Trump lit in to Utah’s junior senator suggesting he should be impeached.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

A senator can’t be impeached. The Senate and the House can expel one of its members with a two-thirds vote.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

And the president’s tweets are unlikely to ignite a campaign against Romney, who easily won his Senate seat with more than 64% of the vote.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    5 years ago

Not a fan of Romney yet I have to give him props for not bowing down to their master.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

Proof positive that Crooked donnie is a moronic imbecile. But of course deporables will spin it every way to make him look good which is sad and pathetic.  

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  lady in black @4    5 years ago

What is comical is at one time Romney was their hero. He was supposed to be president.

Now they are torn and it is like they have to pick a side. If they side with Romney they are going against their base. If they side with trump they are going against their decency.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Ender  replied to    5 years ago

Where do you come up with this shit?

Name me one person on the left that thinks Romney is the second coming....

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago
now he is the second coming.

WTF? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ender @4.1.2    5 years ago
Name me one person on the left that thinks Romney is the second coming....

Maybe MUVA is secretly a "leftist"...????

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Ender  replied to    5 years ago

Maybe some people are not blind partisans. I can actually agree with someone on the other side of the isle at times.

I don't hate everyone on the right just because...

I do not call them my enemy nor do I ask for their destruction...unlike some.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.7  sandy-2021492  replied to    5 years ago
now he is the second coming.

Hyperbole again jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

I had nothing against McCain...I was on the fence on who to vote for and thought it was ingenious for him to pick a woman running mate, but unfortunately he picked the screeching hillbilly harpy and the one thing she said that to this day still pisses me off is her folksy bullshit about the "real america"....I live in the real America, in suburban America.  She made it sound like anyone that didn't live in rural America isn't a real American.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Ender  replied to    5 years ago

Trying to turn the tables doesn't work on me.

You are the one that came into the conversation with complete falsehoods and hyperbole. Then call others something when they respond. Typical.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  lady in black @4.1.10    5 years ago
hillbilly harpy

She was the vote-changer for me, too.  The thought of that hypocritical alcoholic idiot as POTUS, should something happen to McCain, was just too much.  It was an insult to women - to think that we would vote for her just because she was a woman.  We needed the right woman, and she most definitely was not the right woman.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.15  sandy-2021492  replied to    5 years ago

If you admit you're engaging in hyperbole, then you're also admitting it's not true.

It can't be both.

I thought you said you knew what hyperbole was.  It seems not.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago
No I feel the same way I did about about Romney when I voted for him my view hasn't changed.I do see the change in some on the lefts  opinion of Romney  just like John McCain he sucked till he agreed with them to funny.

this is what you said in your post 4.1.5 and I responded

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Ender  replied to    5 years ago

I am not the one that repeatedly keeps trying to tell others how they feel.

You have not added anything to the discussion except diversionary tactics.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.20  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

I didn't say it was, I was giving you my honest assessment of John McCain and that I never hated him being that I'm on the left.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to    5 years ago

Your hyperbole was in saying that anybody on the left sees Romney as the second coming.  Nobody does.  Probably not even anybody on the right sees him that way.    When you said Ender was being defensive, that was a personal attack.  Not a severe one, and one easily dismissed by a quick reading of your own words.

Ender objects to your refusal or inability to own and substantiate your own words, which were partisan, while accusing others of being hyperpartisan while they are actually demonstrating that they are not by agreeing with Romney (or McCain).

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.22  sandy-2021492  replied to    5 years ago
Was it directed at you personally the answer NO.

Good grief, MUVA - PUBLIC FORUM.  You're commenting on a thread originated by lady in black, and you made a comment about the opinions of people on the left.  As a person on the left, she responded to you, on her own damn thread.

Do you even carry on conversations?  Do you know how they work?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.25  sandy-2021492  replied to    5 years ago

This is how discussions work on public forums.  You comment, and anybody else can respond.  It doesn't matter if you addressed them specifically.  If you only want people to respond to you whom you have addressed first, try chat or private notes.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.27  Split Personality  replied to  lady in black @4.1.10    5 years ago

Why does that sound familiar, like everyday familiar?

Oh wait, never mind.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.28  Split Personality  replied to    5 years ago

You and many others here,

have repeatedly said that voting for Trump was a vote against the terribly evil, evil witch named Hillary.

In other words a choice between two badly flawed candidates based on partisanship.

Favoring McCain or Romney over Trump is absolutely no different among voters of either party.

If you feel the same about those on the right who favor Romney over Trump  you should state that also.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.30  Split Personality  replied to    5 years ago

You are correct sir, you can choose to be whatever you like to be.

Me?  I will continue to try to be objective.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.31  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.30    5 years ago
I will continue to try to be objective

Well, damn...there goes my coffee...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  lady in black @4    5 years ago
Proof positive that Crooked donnie is a moronic imbecile. But of course deporables will spin it every way to make him look good which is sad and pathetic.  

Its been obvious for a while now that Trump has had mental problems-- but recently they've obviously gotten considerably worse :-(

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

It's like Oprah! You get an impeachment. And you get an impeachment. And you get an impeachment! Everybody gets impeached!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

One thing trump is good at, convolution of the narrative.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
Everybody gets impeached!

No-- but everybody's gonna get stoned!

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Song by Bob Dylan

PJ
Masters Quiet
7  PJ    5 years ago

I'm utterly embarrassed that trump supporters are proud of this President.  This speaks more about their intelligence then his.  hahahahahaha

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
8  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

Trump knows that his supporters will love his ability to deflect everything including impeachment.

I wonder who The Donald will want to impeach next.

Remember this?

Donald Trump calls Pope Francis 'disgraceful' for questioning his faith

Trump responds after the pope suggests presidential candidate is ‘not a Christian’ because of his plan to build a border wall between the US and Mexico

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

The Donald tweets that all of his political opponents in Congress should be impeached.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  al Jizzerror @9    5 years ago

The man is like an educational abyss.  When you look down into it, all you see is an empty darkness.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1    5 years ago
all you see is an empty darkness.

As well as very poor grammar and spelling. I gather that the poor grades alluded to in his school transcripts could be true. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1.1    5 years ago

He proves that all of the time.  There is a show called Are You Smarter Than A Sixth Grader?  I would love to see kids hand his ass to him.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9.1.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1.1    5 years ago
very poor grammar and spelling.

Butt The Donald's vocabulary is exceptional.

He has the best words!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.2    5 years ago
I would love to see kids hand his ass to him.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he visited with a group of children who were coloring the American flag and he colored it incorrectly. He colored one of the stripes on the American flag blue .

All the kids at that table colored them correctly.

That is likely due to his great "unmatched wisdom".  /s

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  al Jizzerror @9.1.3    5 years ago
He has the best words!

I bet the parents and teachers shake their heads with disbelief when their kids repeat some of the words Trump mispronounces or just makes up. After all, who would question the "Chosen One"?  /s

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

The man is just agnorent...uhhh ignorgant.....uhhh igorent.  Oh hell, you know what I mean.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    5 years ago
you know what I mean.

Arrogant?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1    5 years ago
Arrogant?

Yeah...that too! 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.1    5 years ago

Not what I was going for but that works also.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    5 years ago
....uhhh igorent.

Incontinent?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  al Jizzerror @10.2    5 years ago

Yeah...that too. Only, Trumps incontinence is his mouth. Don't think a Depends would work for that as it does or the other end. Perhaps a rolled up knee sock would work better for Trumps incontinence.  /s

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11  1stwarrior    5 years ago