╌>

China's National Day Parade - First Half of Civilian Participation and Ending

Category:  History & Sociology

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

This is a continuation of the beginning and military part of China's National Day Parade on October 1st, consisting of the civilian participation in the parade, and the ending part.  It is divided into two articles as there are close to 100 photos, and I had difficulties with posting photos on the first part when I reached about 50 photos.  Prepare yourself to see lots of vivid colours, celebration, happiness, fantastic floats, and a spectacular ending (of course the ending will be in the next article). 

The floats represent Chinese cities, China's accomplishments and I don't know what else.

I wish you could have watched the parade as a video in order to also hear the huge orchestra and chorus playing and singing throughout.

5.   Chairman Mao is never left out.

7.   They're riding bicycles.

8.   A cityscape float.

12.  Joyful faces.

13.   President Xi Jinping, government dignitaries and special guests view from the terrace just above the giant painting of Chairman Mao over the entrance to the Forbidden City.

19.   Acrobatics

20.   Celebrating transportation - the super-speed train, airplanes, rockets to orbit, etc.

21.   Many of the spectators had painted flags on their cheeks.

25.   Restaurant take-out delivery vehicles.

29.   Lots of happy faces among the spectators, many with painted cheeks.

34.   Celebrating the launch of the Chinese space station.

Stay tuned.  The other half of the civilian parade and the spectacular ending are coming soon.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

The last half of the civilian part of the parade, and the spectacular ending will be posted soon.  As well you will be knocked out by the video of the evening show and spectacular fireworks (after all, they invented them didn't they) that ends the National Day celebration.  I will post a link to it that I hope you will be able to open.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

Impressive, the Chinese sure know how to throw a parade.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago

The commentators said it was the most impressive one China has ever done.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Impressive.  [deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

You've got be kidding.  Off topic my ass.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1    5 years ago

Honestly?  Meta? 

So China is a wonderful, perfect bastion of freedom and democracy that performs the greatest parades the world has ever seen?  Big wow.

Some Americans get 'snowed' far to much.  The only question is,-----why?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.1    5 years ago

It's a given that you've never been to China.  It isn't a democracy, it's capitalistic Communism, and there are many billionaires, millionaires and mostly middle class people who live comfortable lifestyles no different than in the USA. Mainland China doesn't have the disenchantment that pervades many in Hong Kong, but in 2047 it will be part of mainland China so what are they fighting for there anyway?  The government has been steadily raising poor citizens out of poverty.  Sure it has its issues, like censorship, and government control, but what country doesn't have issues? The US has massive gun homicides, vicious political fighting almost to the extent of a person to person civil war, religious fanatics and its own form of censorship, such as the SPLC and MBFC. I've been here for 13 years and I've NEVER encountered a person who was unhappy with the government, while half the population of YOUR country is.

By the way, I'm not a Communist, and in fact I have been a supporter of the Canadian and Ontario Progressive Conservative Parties for the past 40 years.  I have never been bothered by anyone, government officials or anyone, that I am NOT a Communist, and have never been questioned about it.

The McCarthy witch hunt is over, so get over it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    5 years ago

No.  But I have been to Hong Kong.  Twice.  Once during R&R during the Vietnam War.  (1968 )  And later in 1977 as a member of our Financial Investment Group.

McCarthy is long dead.  Kurds future in question.  Khashoggi missing.  Hong Kong wanting to be free and on and on.  The witch hunt never ended.  And there stands Trump.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.3    5 years ago

When you were last there, the British were in control of Hong Kong.  That is no longer the situation.  As well, I'm sure Hong Kong has changed in the past 42 years, because China sure has - in fact quite a bit in the 13 years I've been here. 

As you have now seen, the outstanding pageantry and entertainment for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the fantastic Chinese New Years shows (I posted many photos of one last February), and the National Day Parades (and this one has been described as the most incredible one ever) PLUS the vast improvements to the life of the poor, pulling them out of poverty with many benefits fits a very ancient formula for keeping a nation's people happy:

The people's lives have improved so much in the past 30 years, since the Tank Man incident, that I doubt it will ever happen again.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.4    5 years ago

Your optimism humbles.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Wow that is a parade. Nice photo album Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    5 years ago

Did you see the beginning and military part?  Stay tuned for the balance of the civilian part - you have only seen half of it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

If Trump sees these photos he'll want to have one just like this in D.C. next 4th of July. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

I don't know if the American treasury can afford it - Trump wouldn't spend his OWN money for something that elaborate.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    5 years ago

In 2018 the US spent 649 billion on military compared to China’s 250 billion. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5.1.1    5 years ago

For starters, a dollar goes a lot farther in China than it does in the USA.  China's military is designed for defence, not for invading other countries.  As an example of that, China does not have near the Navy that the USA has.  But I think we were talking about how much was spent on the parade and celebration, rather than on the military.