The Most Ridiculous Trump Tweet Ever?

By:  john-russell  •  2 weeks ago  •  74 comments

The Most Ridiculous Trump Tweet Ever?
if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·   5h

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

--------------

hat tip to Talking Points Memo

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Notice that the pos doesnt mention the Kurds, only the Kurds ISIS prisoners. 

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

He has the balls to warn a rogue nation like Turkey to show restraint

And why must we be the world's police force. Let some other countries share the burden

The troops coming home are basically security guards

MrFrost
1.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  WallyW @1.1    2 weeks ago
And why must we be the world's police force. Let some other countries share the burden

Then why the fuck did we need to increase defense spending if we are going to scale back our military activities? That makes no fucking sense at all. 

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

Increased spending means Trump can use it like a piggy bank for his wall.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 weeks ago

I, in my great and unmatched wisdom,

At least he is keeping his sense of humor while impeachment is staring him right in the hair.

JohnRussell
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    2 weeks ago

He is starting to think he is the Wizard of Oz.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 weeks ago

and his defenders don't realize the man behind the curtain

is Putin

2.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.1    2 weeks ago
is Putin

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

igknorantzrulz
2.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 weeks ago

He is starting to think he is the Wizard of Oz.

"i'll get you, my little whistleblower,

And your little Dog Too ! "

al Jizzerror
2.1.4  al Jizzerror  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.1    2 weeks ago
and his defenders don't realize the man behind the curtain

is Putin

Paula Bartholomew
2.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.3    2 weeks ago

The "wiz" part is correct but only with Russian hookers who have full bladders.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.5    2 weeks ago

probably, but it sounds cheesy, no ?

al Jizzerror
2.1.7  al Jizzerror  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.6    2 weeks ago
it sounds cheesy, no ?

r.t..b...
2.2  r.t..b...  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    2 weeks ago
I, in my great and unmatched wisdom,

...only unmatched by his obese humbility. [sic]

livefreeordie
2.2.1  livefreeordie  replied to  r.t..b... @2.2    2 weeks ago

We Trump supporters love the way he pulls the chain of the media and the Democrats.  He knows just how to get a reaction out of you and leaves the rest of us laughing that you fall for it.

igknorantzrulz
2.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.1    2 weeks ago

it's great that he amuses You,

while trampling our constitution

livefreeordie
2.2.3  livefreeordie  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.2    2 weeks ago

Trump has yet to violate our Constitution.  The Democrats and Establishment Republicans on the other hand have been violating the Constitution for the past 90 years.

r.t..b...
2.2.4  r.t..b...  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.1    2 weeks ago
leaves the rest of us laughing

And hear I thought that sound was a herd of hyena hacking up yet another fur ball after giving yet another tongue bath to their hysterical leader.

2.2.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  r.t..b... @2.2    2 weeks ago
only unmatched by his obese humbility.

There isn't a smocking jacket big enough to hide that.

igknorantzrulz
2.2.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.3    2 weeks ago

the congress is the check and balance 

Trump has attempted to stonewall any and all inquiries 

livefreeordie
2.2.7  livefreeordie  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.6    2 weeks ago

the only "check and balance" given the Congress Constitutionally on the Executive branch is veto, override a veto, or formally impeach a president

There is NO Constitutional Authority for Congressional Oversight of the Executive Branch

If a claim is made that it's because they are co-equal branches, then it must be applied equally and the Executive Branch can investigate the Legislative or Judicial Branches. It doubt even the left will ever desire that equality of power.

“The theory of oversight responsibility in entirely the creation of the judicial branch and is not found anywhere within the four corners of the Constitution. Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution spells out the affirmative powers of Congress, mostly in rather restrictive, finite terms. Congress can borrow money. Congress can establish Post Offices. Congress can punish piracy. Congress can declare war. That sort of stuff. Nothing remotely close to oversight.”

As explained by two Constitutional Lawyers

“Congressional demands for information must be grounded in proper constitutional powers. Congress does not have general investigative authority, let alone a mandate to enforce federal law, both of which are vested in the president. Nor does it have adjudicative power, which is reserved to the judiciary. Its proper investigative power is broad but limited to the purposes of legislation or oversight. And Congress’s oversight powers can be exerted only over matters that plausibly can be reached through the exercise of congressional legislative powers.”

David B. Rivkin Jr. and Lee A. Casey practice appellate and constitutional law in Washington. They served in the White House Counsel’s Office and the Department of Justice under former Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush.”

WallyW
2.2.8  WallyW  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.2    2 weeks ago

How is he "'trampling" the Constitution?

MrFrost
2.2.9  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.3    2 weeks ago

Trump has yet to violate our Constitution.  The Democrats and Establishment Republicans on the other hand have been violating the Constitution for the past 90 years.

Yes he has.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-violated-constitution-separation-powers-three-times-1427253

igknorantzrulz
2.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.7    2 weeks ago

How about Trump circumventing congress to rob our military for an obsolete wall MEXICO is paying for ?

Is that Constitutional ?

how about the words in your first paragraph ?

livefreeordie
2.2.11  livefreeordie  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.10    2 weeks ago

National Security emergency powers, not a violation of the Constitution.

livefreeordie
2.2.12  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.9    2 weeks ago

While i agree often with the Judge-, his statements here in your link are bordering on childishly ignorant.

None of those citations are violations of the Constitution.  

MrFrost
2.2.13  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.12    2 weeks ago

Because you say so? Sorry, i'll go with what a judge says over you any day. 

igknorantzrulz
2.2.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.11    2 weeks ago

where is that emergency again ?

livefreeordie
2.2.15  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.13    2 weeks ago

The Constitution AND Congress have given the Executive office broad powers for National Security, including the War Powers Act.  Furthermore this action has been upheld by Federal Court.

Border Security is NOT a domestic issue.  It is part of the Article 1 powers given the president.

EVERY President in our nation's history has enacted Tariffs.  Tariffs are NOT as the Judge insinuated a "sales tax".  That is merely his opinion and a very weak one since the founders all emphasized Tariffs over internal taxation.

livefreeordie
2.2.16  livefreeordie  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.14    2 weeks ago

Invasion of our borders is a national security emergency  NO nation can survive if it cannot control who enters it's country.

MrFrost
2.2.17  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.15    2 weeks ago
The Constitution AND Congress have given the Executive office broad powers for National Security, including the War Powers Act. 

We are not at war Larry. Donny ranting and raving doesn't mean we are at war with women and children crossing the border. And on that? Trump declared an emergency, then spent the next 4 days golfing? Shouldn't he have been in the WH working after declaring a national emergency? 

Trump is not a god, he is not a dictator and he isn't a messiah. There is a reason we have CO EQUAL branches of government. 

Tariffs hurt the consumers. That's been proven time and time again so save the spin for someone else. I have even had first hand experience with this. I buy steel rods; 3 feet long, about as big around as a pencil, to stake young trees so they aren't blown over in the wind. 3 years ago, I bought 4 of them, they were $4.50 each, (which seemed rather high to me). Last week, I went to buy 4 more at the same place. Price? $14.25 each. I asked why and I was told very simply by the manager, "tariffs". 

So spare me the bullshit about how tariffs are a good thing. 

MrFrost
2.2.18  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.16    2 weeks ago

Invasion of our borders is a national security emergency  NO nation can survive if it cannot control who enters it's country.

So why didn't he declare an emergency the day he took office? Why wait 2 fucking years? Why didn't he get funding for his wall when he had a republican congress? 

Congress told him, "no", to funding for his wall, so now he is stealing money from vets programs and people's retirement money to pay for it. There is no way in hell you can justify that so please, don't even try. 

Oh wait!!!! That's right, Mexico is paying for it. [eye roll]

MrFrost
2.2.19  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.1    2 weeks ago

Speaking of chain pulling...

igknorantzrulz
2.2.20  igknorantzrulz  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.16    2 weeks ago

so he took a Billion dollars of aid from countries like the Ukraine, andin NATO to stop the "invasion" of some men, women,  and children  from running rampant over our country,,,

JBB
2.2.21  JBB  replied to  WallyW @2.2.8    2 weeks ago

Trump is abusing the awesome powers of the .US Presidency and betraying his oath of office. The only Constitutional remedy for such a predicament, which our Founders foresaw, is to impeach Trump in the House, convict him in the Senate and remove the son of a gun from office kicking and screaming...

MUVA
2.2.22  MUVA  replied to  JBB @2.2.21    2 weeks ago

No

livefreeordie
2.2.23  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.17    2 weeks ago

I made no statement that Tariffs were good or bad.  I merely stated the FACT that every president has enacted tariffs, so Trump doing so is hardly unusual

livefreeordie
2.2.24  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.18    2 weeks ago

Trump never had the 60 votes in the Senate. The Republican House did approve funding.  Traitors like McCain opposed him.

katrix
2.2.25  katrix  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.24    2 weeks ago
The Republican House did approve funding.  Traitors like McCain opposed him.

You need to go back and take some classes on civics. You seem to think that members of Congress are blind toadies to the President, rather than serving the American people.

livefreeordie
2.2.26  livefreeordie  replied to  katrix @2.2.25    2 weeks ago

Not at all.  I proved you lied about the funding issue. McCain was a liberal loving jerk who loved approval by Democrats more than doing right for his country.  He demonstrated that his entire time in the Senate.

al Jizzerror
2.2.27  al Jizzerror  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.24    2 weeks ago
Traitors like McCain opposed him.

You support the fucking traitorous bone spur and call a decorated war hero a "traitor"?

The Donald is a fucking traitor.

John McCain is the only Republican who had the balls to stand up to that asshole.

Early life and military career of John McCain

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The early life and military career of John Sidney McCain III spans the first forty-five years of his life (1936–1981). McCain's father and grandfather were admirals in the United States Navy . McCain was born on August 29, 1936, in the Panama Canal Zone , and attended many schools growing up as his family moved among naval facilities. McCain graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1958. He married the former Carol Shepp in 1965; he adopted two children from her previous marriage and they had another child together.

As a naval aviator , McCain flew attack aircraft from carriers . During the Vietnam War , he narrowly escaped death in the 1967 Forrestal fire . On his twenty-third bombing mission during Operation Rolling Thunder in October 1967, he was shot down over Hanoi and badly injured. He subsequently endured five and a half years as a prisoner of war , including periods of torture. In 1968, he refused a North Vietnamese offer of early release, because it would have meant leaving before other prisoners who had been held longer. He was released in 1973 after the Paris Peace Accords .

Upon his return, McCain studied at the National War College , commanded a large training squadron in Florida, and was appointed the Navy liaison to the U.S. Senate. He divorced his wife Carol in 1980 and married the former Cindy Hensley shortly thereafter. He retired from the Navy in 1981 as a captain .

I was sent to fire fighting school when I was in the Navy.  We studied the 1967 USS Forrestal Fire.  The accident started when an A-4 on the flight deck was hit by a rocket that was accidentally fired by another aircraft.  The A-4 exploded.  Somehow the pilot emerged from the fire.  The pilot had severe burns but refused to be sent home because he wanted to lead his squadron into battle.  That pilot was John McCain.

I'm a democrat butt I get extremely pissed off when anyone (including President Bone Spur) denigrates his service to our country.

And here YOU are calling McCain a "traitor".

That's just fucking despicable!

al Jizzerror
2.2.28  al Jizzerror  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.26    2 weeks ago
I proved you lied about the funding issue.

You did NOT prove that.

It's hilarious that a fucking Trump supporter is pretending t care bout truth.

Fact Checker
Analysis

Paula Bartholomew
2.2.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  katrix @2.2.25    2 weeks ago

There might not be toadies, but there is a turtle who could care less about the people who elected him.

livefreeordie
2.2.30  livefreeordie  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.2.27    2 weeks ago

I specifically addressed McCain's political actions, not his military life.  Those who lack the ability to argue the substance of an issue usually segway to strawman arguments; so you are in good company with many others.

livefreeordie
2.2.31  livefreeordie  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.2.28    2 weeks ago

House passes spending bill with border wall money — setting up shutdown stalemate with Senate

PUBLISHED THU, DEC 20 20186:00 PM ESTUPDATED FRI, DEC 21 201811:02 AM EST

Both House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have flatly said congressional Democrats will not approve wall money. As Republicans need Democratic votes to pass spending legislation in the Senate, a partial shutdown is all but assured if the GOP insists on funding for the barrier.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/20/house-votes-on-spending-bill-border-wall-ahead-of-government-shutdown.html

al Jizzerror
2.2.32  al Jizzerror  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.30    2 weeks ago
Those who lack the ability to argue the substance of an issue usually segway to strawman arguments; so you are in good company with many others.

You called McCain a fucking "traitor".

Here's your comment:

Trump never had the 60 votes in the Senate. The Republican House did approve funding.  Traitors like McCain opposed him.

President "Bone Spur" denigrated McCain's military service.

livefreeordie
2.2.33  livefreeordie  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.2.32    2 weeks ago

I stand by my statement on McCain as a traitor in the Senate. I have been making that statement for over 30 years about him.

Trump's statements about McCain have nothing to do with my own.  I know many other Veterans who despise McCain including his military service.

al Jizzerror
2.2.34  al Jizzerror  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.33    2 weeks ago
I stand by my statement on McCain as a traitor in the Senate.

That's NOT what you said.  You added "in the Senate".  You called McCain a traitor butt now you want to backpedal.  You should own what you actually said.

Here is the complete text of your original statement about McCain:

2.2.26 livefreeordie replied to  katrix @ 2.2.25   2 days ago Trump never had the 60 votes in the Senate. The Republican House did approve funding.  Traitors like McCain opposed him.

McCain was a highly decorated combat veteran.  I respect his service and sacrifice for our country.  He suffered for over five years as a POW.

President "Bone Spur" and you try to denigrate McCain's service.  That's disgusting.

I know many other Veterans who despise McCain including his military service.  Really?  Fuck those assholes.

livefreeordie
2.2.35  livefreeordie  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.2.34    2 weeks ago

It was clearly implied by the context of my post. And I stand by it.. I have not denigrated his military service so yours is a false accusation.

and frankly, what a leftist thinks of me or anyone else has no meaning for me.

al Jizzerror
2.2.36  al Jizzerror  replied to  livefreeordie @2.2.35    2 weeks ago
I have not denigrated his military service so yours is a false accusation.

Really?

Here's another statement you made about McCain:

I know many other Veterans who despise McCain including his military service.

Why do you make up shit like that about McCain?

McCain had to courage to return to the Senate (while he was dying) and cast the deciding vote to preserve healthcare for 17 million Americans.

None of the other Republicans in the Senate have the balls to stand up to Trump.

I miss John McCain, a true American hero.

Ozzwald
2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    2 weeks ago
At least he is keeping his sense of humor while impeachment is staring him right in the hair.

A sense of humor would get in the way of his narcissism.

Sean Treacy
3  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

Now that's a funny tweet.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    2 weeks ago

This is just awful, should we call for another pink crotch hat protest?

JohnRussell
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4    2 weeks ago

Trump supporters like yourself approve of everything this idiot does, or say it was a joke. 

If it doesnt go over well, he was just joking.  Bamboozlement.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.1.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 weeks ago

Do you really think most of the country hangs their emotions on Trump's tweets? Seriously most have better things to grovel over.

JohnRussell
4.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1.1    2 weeks ago
 Seriously most have better things to grovel over.

Yes they do ! The latest transgender videos !

Steve Ott
4.1.3  Steve Ott  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

Want to explain to me why IQ45's words aren't to be taken seriously, wherever those words may appear, and all presidents words before have been taken seriously?

Grovel in any manner you please.

Paula Bartholomew
4.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Steve Ott @4.1.3    2 weeks ago

Have you read some of lowIQ45's tweets or listened to some of his rants?  

Steve Ott
4.1.5  Steve Ott  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

Unfortunately I have. But however ridiculous they sound, he is still the president, and presidents are supposed to be taken seriously. Especially when he starts accusing people of being traitors because they disagree with him. He is not L'etat, C'est moi.

MrFrost
5  MrFrost    2 weeks ago

So trump is president of Turkey now? Christ he's a moron. I wouldn't even care about his ridiculous tweets, his moronic comments or even his erratic unhinged behavior if he was actually a good president, but he isn't. He terrible all the way around. He has no redeeming qualities at all. 

Kavika
6  Kavika     2 weeks ago
I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

A couple of things, when did he obliterate the economy Turkey. And if he does isn't that declaring a war on a NATO ally? Opps there goes his hotel.

Russia would love to see that especially after selling Turkey an advanced missile detection system.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/12/741068857/turkey-accepts-russian-s-400-missile-system-rankling-u-s-and-nato

JohnRussell
7  author  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Turkey has 80 million people. How many of them would die if Trump destroyed and obliterated their economy? 

He thinks he is a Bond villain. 

MrFrost
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 weeks ago

Meh, Bond villain's actually served a purpose. 

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 weeks ago

They also mastered full sentences without mispronouncing words.

KDMichigan
8  KDMichigan    2 weeks ago
hat tip to Talking Points Memo

This is where you get your ideas from JR.

I love President Trumps Tweets, He plays the left so bad and they are so busy being triggered they don't even know it.

MrFrost
8.1  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @8    2 weeks ago

So you believed him when he said windmills cause cancer? 

KDMichigan
8.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    2 weeks ago
So you believed him when he said windmills cause cancer? 

Where did I say that?

You post a false scenario so you can post a stupid meme like you are taking a jab at me and think your making a point.

Don't worry buddy I'm sure someone thinks you are witty.

Seeing we are posting shit that has nothing to do with anything.....

JohnRussell
8.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @8    2 weeks ago
This is where you get your ideas from JR.

Good point. Most on the right dont have any ideas. 

KDMichigan
8.2.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    2 weeks ago
Most on the right dont have any ideas. 

MrFrost
8.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @8.2.1    2 weeks ago

MrFrost
9  MrFrost    2 weeks ago

Trumps copy of the constitution is covered with changes made with a sharpie.

al Jizzerror
10  al Jizzerror    2 weeks ago

Remember when Trump had a stroke while he was twittering?

It Is ME
11  It Is ME    2 weeks ago

if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey

He could, quickly (no troops needed):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-46866661

So any fallout with the US could further sour the financial markets' view of the health of the Turkish economy.

"This could lead to a decline in capital inflows and impact the value of the Turkish currency," says economist Gulcin Ozkan.

freepress
12  freepress    2 weeks ago

"Wisdom", does he even know what that word means? He wasn't very "wise" to exploit his power and position to gain dirt on opponents and then says so openly. He hasn't shown "wisdom" in the tariff debacle that is destroying farmers and other industries. He hasn't shown wisdom in getting half of his agenda struck down in the courts for being unlawful. He is a crook, a liar and truly showing signs of dementia with paranoia. However terrible he is as a person does not exclude his total unfitness to lead because of his obvious mental decline. He is suffering with words, speaking, spelling and walking and it is only going to get much worse.