╌>

Trump supporter waves gun at woman after seeing her Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker, police say

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

Trump supporter waves gun at woman after seeing her Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker, police say
Road rage episodes happen “now and then,” the police captain said. But Swenson said couldn’t remember another case where political differences were the cause

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

OCTOBER 08, 2019

6NZ2P4EXTYI6DIOTQK3CLYWFOE.jpg

After spotting a woman’s Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker, Joseph Schumacher pulled his car alongside hers and rolled down his window. He yelled at her, police said, gesturing toward his own bumper sticker: Trump 2020.

The two sniped back and forth Monday afternoon while driving along Eighth Street, one of the main drags in the northwestern Minnesota city of Moorhead. Then, authorities say, Schumacher pulled out a gun and waved it at the Warren supporter, who called police.

Schumacher, of West Fargo, N.D., now faces charges of making terroristic threats, a felony, and having a loaded gun inside a vehicle without a permit, a misdemeanor.

“I can’t speculate on what the suspect’s intent when he did that was, but, obviously for the victim, it was a fearful situation,” Moorhead police Capt. Deric Swenson told The Washington Post. “So that’s why he’s facing those charges.”

Road rage episodes happen “now and then,” the police captain said. But Swenson said couldn’t remember another case where political differences were the cause. He said Schumacher and the woman appeared to have started the exchange “having fun with it.” They continued sparring while driving about eight blocks before it escalated into Schumacher pulling a gun, he said.

The 27-year-old remained behind bars at the Clay County Jail on Tuesday, Swenson said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Best not to pull a gun on someone. 

Maybe Trump will give him a pardon. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

That or appoint him to something and then fire him 6 mo later.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Just goes to show there are nut cases on all sides, no matter what their professed political affiliation.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

I was always taught never to pull a gun on someone unless you have no other choice and have every intention of using it. I taught my children the same thing.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.4    5 years ago

When I was researching this topic, I found one site that said 37% of road rage incidents involve firearms or weapons.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

And now it begins.

The Putin plan for fear and division works.

The heart and soul of MAGA.