╌>

Veteran journalist Sam Donaldson: Trump’s rabid followers will never get their ‘white Christian country’ back

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  4 comments

Veteran journalist Sam Donaldson: Trump’s rabid followers will never get their ‘white Christian country’ back

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Veteran White House reporter Sam Donaldson insisted on Sunday that President Donald Trump’s supporters do not represent the diversity of the United States.

“His strong supporters — I mean, lock her up, I mean, all the things he says, all the vicious, mean things he says, they love it,” Donaldson told CNN host Brian Stelter. “They’re good Americans otherwise. They’ll probably give you the shirt off their back, they’ll help you if you need it, but they have this fixation.”

“They want to return this country to the white Christian country that they believe it should be again,” he continued. “They don’t want the diversity, and they follow him for this, but they’re not the country. We are a diverse people, we are good and strong because of that.

Donaldson added: “And we’re going to come back to that, I assure you.”

“I like the optimism, Sam,” Stelter replied.

Grabien-Brian_Stelter-501329.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

“So you listen to the Trump rallies, you think this is not representative of all of America. And you think it’s important for us to see that,” Stelter remarked.

Donaldson said of Trump’s rallies, “All the things he says, all the vicious, mean things he says, they love it. There are these people in this country, they’re good Americans otherwise. They’ll probably give you the shirt off their back, they’ll help you if you need, but they have this fixation. They want to return this country to the white Christian country that they believe it should be again. They don’t want the diversity, and they follow him for this, but they’re not the country. We are a diverse people, we are good and strong because of that, and we’re going to come back to that, I assure you.”

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

This is a sign in Harrison Arkansas. It's on Hwy 65 and I've driven by it many times.

image.img.jpg

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago

I see Arkansas hasn't changed much since I roughnecked there in the oilfields back in the early 1980s.

freepress
Freshman Silent
3  freepress    5 years ago

For the last fifty years or more Republicans have held the majority of states, they have enjoyed majorities in either the Congress or Senate and they have held the Presidency with the exception of Obama and Clinton. All of the Republicans that have held high government positions from the Presidency to the Congress, to the Senate and every state government, have been predominately white males. They allowed everything to happen because they have been in charge of the majority of government across the board. Enough with blaming Dems for all the old school white male elite career Republican politicians that allowed their cronyism to destroy the middle class. It is gone thanks to them and their fake tax scam, trickle down nonsense. It is not coming back. And what has happened has nothing to do with religion, it was all about money, and exploiting the rubes who fall for the religious shtick they spew.