╌>

ABC Refuses to Issue an On-Air Correction to Their Fake News Video

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  92 comments

ABC Refuses to Issue an On-Air Correction to Their Fake News Video

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

On Monday, ABC News got caught lying about having a video allegedly showing Turkish troops slaughtering Kurdish civilians in northern Syria, when, in fact, it was video from a gun range in Kentucky. Seemingly thinking a pair of weak apologies on Twitter were enough, the liberal broadcast network refused to correct the record and inform viewers on their journalistic malpractice during that evening’s   World News Tonight .

As NewsBusters’s  Kristine Marsh reported , Sunday’s   World News Tonight   teed up the contents of the video as being a product of President Trump’s foreign policy, declaring, “ This video right here appearing to be showing Turkey’s military bombing Kurdish civilians in a Syrian border town. ” The false claim was repeated on Monday’s   Good Morning America .

But following   the due diligence   of Twitter user Wojciech Pawelczyk and a   Washington Examiner   piece exposing ABC’s fake news, the Twitter accounts of   GMA   and   World News Tonight   issued the same copy-and-paste apology:

CORRECTION: We’ve taken down video that aired on “World News Tonight" Sunday and “Good Morning America” this morning that appeared to be from the Syrian border immediately after questions were raised about its accuracy. ABC News regrets the error.

Later that evening, despite anchor David Muir dedicating five minutes and 28 seconds to the fighting in Syria, the network refused to acknowledge their misleading story and correct the record for their millions of viewers. And as the   Examiner   further reported:

A representative for the Knob Creek Gun Range also told the   Washington Examiner   that they are still investigating ABC’s reporting, adding further that the images aired by the network "look to be" from their Kentucky property.

It’s hypocritical for ABC to be silent on this error since they often decry when a Republican “refuses to apologize” for something.

In 2009,   they were appalled   that Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC) wouldn’t apologize for his famous “you lie” outburst against their precious then-President Barack Obama during the State of the Union.   They also didn’t like it   that then-candidate Donald Trump said he didn’t owe Senator John McCain an apology for disparaging his war hero status because he was captured.

It’s imperative for ABC’s flagship evening news program to correct their mistakes on-air because they’re the largest when it comes to ratings.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

It's gratifying to know that Turkey did not invade northern Syria and start murdering  (ex US allies) Kurdish fighters and civilians. It was all a liberal hoax !  Whew ! Thats a load off everyone's minds. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"ABC Syria Footage Actually From Kentucky"

I watched this ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

And we should believe ALL the other reporting shit they and the rest of the Anti-Trump media have put up ? jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

They….the media ….. keeps shooting themselves in the foot....and the "Liberal" types keep eating it up as truth. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago
And we should believe ALL the other reporting shit they and the rest of the Anti-Trump media have put up ?

Of course! This was an honest mistake. Could happened to anyone. Please disregard. Frankly, if you don't disregard it, you probably hate America. Absolutely everything else they broadcast is 100% true. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

/s 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    5 years ago
Absolutely everything else they broadcast is 100% true.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

But I'm just a "Deplorable Racist" according to the media....so disregard my laughter ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    5 years ago

Like the Post & NYT having to retract and apologize.  Seems to be a lot of that going on since 2016.

It is a shame that TDS has seeped into once was trusted information.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Sunshine @4    5 years ago
Seems to be a lot of that going on since 2016.

Liberal media is the best of the best in journalism ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.1    5 years ago
Don't kid yourself, their twins on fox want to go to war in Syria too. When it's about war they have a bipartisan 69 lovefest.

And here we have Trump ….. who STOPS folks like them.

Gotta Luv Trump ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.3    5 years ago
I'm shocked who's come out of their shell on this forum as a war fluffer.

When things don't make any sense.....it's time to be "Fluff".

Other times …… it's good to be "Buff" !

Of Course.....we did have the Obama Libya "Buff", but just for "Fluff".....but that's an entirely different story !

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

This is the corrected video from ABC. Frankly, this looks like an internal set up from someone in CBS. There is a ton of real footage all over the internet. 

So while you comfort yourself that you can call others neo-cons, it's a comfort knowing that you would have been one of those who would have been OK not getting involved in WWII. Hell, they were just Jews and Gypsies. You have to love absolutism. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    5 years ago

Damn guy in the middle looks like Lon Chaney with a beard or Boris Karloff as the Wolfman.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2    5 years ago
Damn guy in the middle looks like Lon Chaney

Not at all. Lon Chaney Sr. is my Maternal Grandfather's Uncle, and Lon Chaney Jr. is my third Cousin. I have met Cousin Lon Jr in person several times and am very familiar with what he looks like, and seen pictures of his Father. That poor soul in the middle does not look like either of them, beard nor not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

You have to love all the people in the foreground recording video on their cell phones as they watch "the fury of the Turkish attack." 

Journalism isn't just dead, it's a zombie apocalypse.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8  Dulay    5 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @8    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @8    5 years ago

deleted

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @8.2.1    5 years ago

deleted

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Dulay @8.2.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    5 years ago

deleted

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.2.4    5 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.2.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @8.2.6    5 years ago

deleted

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.2.7    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.2.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @8.2.8    5 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.2.9    5 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Thread removed at request of author, off topic [ph]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1  lady in black  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10    5 years ago

[Deleted]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  lady in black  replied to  lady in black @10.1    5 years ago

[delete...]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lady in black @10.1.1    5 years ago

Lady in black,

Look up at the previous thread. Do you see that I, lead mod, was also removed for Meta. There is no favoritism. There is just what the CoC says. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10.1.2    5 years ago

[delete]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    5 years ago

[delete]