Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Donald Trump’s bizarre, threatening letter to Erdoğan: ‘Don’t be a fool’

Vivian Ho and agencies
The Guardian October 17, 2019
1d86c334f3f417fd85fa5c93dcb52bf4
Photograph: Jim Bourg/Reuters

Donald Trump warned his counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdoğan “don’t be a fool” and said history risked branding him a “devil” in an extraordinary letter sent the day Turkey   launched its incursion   into north-eastern Syria.

The letter,   first obtained by a Fox Business   reporter , was shorn of diplomatic niceties and began with an outright threat.

“Let’s work out a good deal!” Trump wrote in the letter dated 9 October, whose authenticity was confirmed to various news outlets by the White House.

Days after appearing to greenlight an invasion by pulling US troops from the Kurdish-dominated region, Trump told the Turkish president he would wreck Ankara’s economy if the invasion went too far.

“You don’t want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don’t want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy – and I will,” he wrote.

“History will look upon you favorably if you get this done the right and humane way,” Trump continued. “It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don’t happen.”

“Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!” he finished, adding: “I will call you later.”

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

He writes like a child because he is a child.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

Erdogan threw Trump's 'don't be a fool' letter in the trash, sources claim

lololololololol

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @3    5 years ago

If Erdogan threw it in the trash, I say waste of good toilet paper

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    5 years ago

Turkey responded to his letter by invading northern Syria hours later. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

73053373_2943980115613640_2369341132862652416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQl8-k4UcJ2Cx-v1DgFJnSolspliDKU7L6P7MvvSisnbBvpTCNtzXYLWE_hdKY2BUdk&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=fdbaa681067c4268b89e4f5977e04e90&oe=5E17872C