╌>

Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a 'Russian asset' groomed to ensure Trump reelection

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  182 comments

Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a 'Russian asset' groomed to ensure Trump reelection

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Hillary Clinton said that Rep.   Tulsi Gabbard   is being groomed by Moscow to run as a third-party spoiler candidate in 2020 to help President Trump win reelection.

The former secretary of state   pushed the theory   on   Campaign HQ   podcast hosted by David Plouffe, President Barack Obama’s campaign manager in 2008.

Plouffe and Clinton discussed hurdles the Democratic nominee would face and compared the 2020 race to Clinton’s loss to Trump in 2016. Plouffe asked Clinton about the part third-party candidates, such as Jill Stein of the Green Party, played in 2016, allowing Trump to secure key states.

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

"She is a favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far. That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she is also a Russian asset.

"They know they can't win without a third-party candidate, and so I do not know who it's going to be, but I can guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most need it."

Gabbard, 38, has represented Hawaii in the House of Representatives since 2013. A major in the Hawaii Army National Guard, she served in a field medical unit of the in Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was deployed to Kuwait from 2008 to 2009. This summer, she spent   two weeks in Indonesia   on a military training exercise.

In Tuesday's   Democratic debate , Gabbard   accused the   New York Times   of calling her a "Russian asset."

The newspaper published   an Oct. 12 news article   about Gabbard stating, "She is injecting a bit of chaos into her own party’s primary race, threatening to boycott that debate to protest what she sees as a 'rigging' of the 2020 election. That’s left some Democrats wondering what, exactly, she is up to in the race, while others worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media."

Gabbard said on the debate stage: "The   New York Times   and CNN have also smeared veterans like myself for calling for an end to this regime change war [in Syria]. Just two days ago, the   New York Times   put out an article saying that I’m a Russian asset and an Assad apologist, and all these different smears."

In 2016, Gabbard supported Bernie Sanders over Clinton. But she   congratulated Clinton   on becoming the Democratic presidential nominee, saying: "She becomes the first woman to lead a major political party into the general election. Say what you will about her, let's give credit where it due. This is one tough, smart woman. Most might wilt under the fire and criticism she's endured."

Gabbard   faces a 2020 primary challenge   for her House seat from Democratic state senator Kai Kahele.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Not coincidental to BF seeding this article, Tulsi Gabbard is the Democratic candidate choice of libertarians and anarchists. 

Googling “ tulsi gabbard libertarian ” will lead you to an  entire galaxy of Libertarian newspapers, each singing her praises more fervently then the last .

BeingLibertarian.com eagerly lists us off all the reasons why Gabbard 2020 is a shoo-in, with a headline saying  “Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Will Likely Be Next President. 

ALibertarianFuture.com also goes to great effort to laud  Tulsi for her willingness to work against Democratic  interests, in this article explaining that Libertarian hero Rand Paul introduced Tulsi Gabbard’s Stop Arming Terrorists Act in the Senate. 

Libertarian Christians sing her praises even louder, with these next words being a direct quote from the article. “Thank you, Mrs. Gabbard, for having the courage to tell the truth. I don’t have to share your ideology to share your human conscience. You are  seeing through the double-bind foreign policy trap of our bipartisan war policy: Satan casting out Satan.
In today’s world, people who consider the United States satanic tend to be receiving money from Russia. But even aside from that, it makes you wonder how such a high-powered chameleon ended up with a reputation for being an uncompromising progressive. An examination of her recent polling trends reveal s he’s doing very nearly as well among people of both parties,  and this is extremely troubling given the extreme and total decency gap existing between them. The Democrats gave us Obama. The Republicans gave us W. Bush and Trump.

Jacobin Magazine, long regarded as one of the most professional and serious left wing magazines out there, recently did an article on all this. They gave it the headline, “ Why Tulsi Gabbard isn’t your Friend .” And there it all was. The whole tangled web. Tulsi Gabbard is the all-purpose fishing lure being trotted out by the people so carelessly trying to realign the national power structure in their interest. She’s got something for everyone, and all of it is dishonest.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.3  NV-Robin6  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

I didn't like Tulsi from the getgo. Something is not right about her attitude. 

I also saw the video of Clinton and she didn't name Tulsi directly. It's chided it's who she's thinking. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.3.1  KDMichigan  replied to  NV-Robin6 @2.3    5 years ago
and she didn't name Tulsi directly. It's chided it's who she's thinking. 

I love it when people come to the defense of the Hillaryious Hag Hillary, Lets wait and see what Abula has to say in response to Tulsi calling her out shall we?

I am running as a Democrat to take our party back, away from the control of people like Hillary Clinton and the warmongering and corrupt, powerful establishment and return our party into the hands of the people. Make it so the Democratic party is once again a party of, by and for the people, a party that will fight for the people, fight to protect the planet and that will fight for peace."

lib50
Professor Silent
2.3.3  lib50  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.3.2    5 years ago

Everybody should pause when a candidate gets as much praise and support from the gop and Russians. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.5  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.3.4    5 years ago
Remember when liberals were antiwar? When they come out in support of wasteful deployments because they hate one person

"Short memories" is the "IN THING" right now !

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.3.6  dave-2693993  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.5    5 years ago
"Short memories" is the "IN THING" right now !

You got that right and the one thing it seems most closely linked to is Political Agenda.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.7  It Is ME  replied to  dave-2693993 @2.3.6    5 years ago
You got that right and the one thing it seems most closely linked to is Political Agenda.

Politicians are only out for their own selves.

Ever wonder how they come into congress as paupers, and leave as millionaires ?

AOC and the other 3 of the Taliban 4 can't wait for the bucks to roll in.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.3.4    5 years ago

You know what sucks? Anarchists suck. Libertarians suck. 

The idea that you arent a real liberal if you dont want to betray the Kurds is bizarre, and on the evil side of bizarre. 

Tulsi Gabbard gave credence to Assad , the Syrian dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people.  She didnt have to personally meet with him, but she did. 

I like of some of what she says but she is not a Democrat , she is a mish mash of ideologies that appeals as much to libertarians as it does to progressives. Her campaign is going nowhere so she may be tempted to run as an independent to raise hell and try and help Trump. She has the ambition.  If she does run as an independent you dont think Russia will be throwing love her way? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.9  JohnRussell  replied to  lib50 @2.3.3    5 years ago

Of course Putin and the Russians want Trump to win. He's such a bumbling oaf they cant help but make out no matter what he does. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.3.12  al Jizzerror  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.3.11    5 years ago
the Democratic establishment neocon party.

That's an oxyMORONic comment.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.3.14  dave-2693993  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.7    5 years ago
Politicians are only out for their own selves.

Yep.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.3.15  NV-Robin6  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.3.2    5 years ago

I'm not a fan of either one. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.16  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.8    5 years ago
Tulsi Gabbard gave credence to Assad , the Syrian dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people.  She didnt have to personally meet with him, but she did. 

Then you must be really pissed a botox Pelosi.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hard-line Arab country.

Pelosi said Assad assured her of his willingness to engage in peace talks with Israel, and that she and other members of her congressional delegation raised their concern about militants crossing from Syria into Iraq, as well the Israeli soldiers kidnapped by the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and the Palestinian group Hamas.

The Californian Democrat spoke to reporters shortly after talks with Assad at the end of a two-day visit to Syria.

She said the delegation gave the Syrian leader a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert whose essence was that Israel was ready to hold peace talks with Syria.

She did not say more about the message, but Israel has previously made such talks conditional on Syria’s cutting off its support for hard-line Palestinian groups and Hezbollah.

“We were very pleased with the assurances we received from the president that he was ready to resume the peace process. He’s ready to engage in negotiations for peace with Israel,” Pelosi said.

Pelosi and accompanying members of Congress began their day by holding separate talks with Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem and Vice President Farouk al-Sharaa and then met Assad, who hosted them for lunch after their talks.

Pelosi’s visit to Syria was the latest challenge to the White House by congressional Democrats, who are taking a more assertive role in influencing policy in the Middle East and the Iraq war.

Bush voices criticism
Bush has said Pelosi’s trip signals that the Assad government is part of the international mainstream when it is not. The United States says Syria allows Iraqi Sunni insurgents to operate from its territory, backs the Hezbollah and Hamas militant groups and is trying to destabilize the Lebanese government. Syria denies the allegations.

“A lot of people have gone to see President Assad ... and yet we haven’t seen action. He hasn’t responded,” he told reporters soon after she arrived in Damascus on Tuesday. “Sending delegations doesn’t work. It’s simply been counterproductive.”

Guess Pelosi isn't a "true" Democrat either. Of course that was when a Republican was in the White House; so it is all good./S

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

The Gabbard hatred among the secular progressive minions is strong.  By the way their intolerance shows by calling her a gift to Christians even though she has chosen to be Hindu.  The secular progressive intolerance of all religion save Islam is clear. 

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.1  NV-Robin6  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4    5 years ago

You've never called out a Rino? What did you think of Senators in the GOP who have switched to Dem because they couldn't get elected in their districts otherwise? Did you resent that? Did you not speak up? Both parties have extremists that don't work for every one.  Most Dems I see and know are moderates. It's not a hatred for her, but I see blue dogs when I see them and I won't  support them.  

She's a nowhere candidate anyway. She no longer represents the Dems platform as Arlen Spector did.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.3  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago
What is the Dems  platform anyway.......
other than impeaching Trump?

Free college, forgiveness for student loans, free childcare, higher taxes, Medicare for all, Green New Deal.

Not much sane.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.4  NV-Robin6  replied to    5 years ago

Trump is off the rails and seeing to it himself there's no choice but to impeach him.  How it all plays out depends on many factors.  Funny how Joe Walsh is saying Rs in Congress actually all hate Trump, can't  stand his recklessness but only stay silent worried they'll lose Trumps base. IF they could have a silent vote, they'd remove him.  That's pretty telling in itself. Not that I hold dear what Walsh says, but he sees this threw the same prism as most rational people do.  How about just the emoluments clause alone in the US Constitution that specifically states you can't benefit from your office. Trump said the clause is a phony thing. How can you turn your back to this attempt of usurping the Constitution from any President!? You surely threw fits when you thought Obama was taking Executive Priveledge too far. And he was.  

As to the questions posed. I'm not here to hash out new ideas vs old ones. This is about the hypocrisy you Rws drown yourselves in every day.

I am a progressive, yes. Stay out of people's bodies and bedrooms. Keep your cultism in your churches. The rest is economics.   I'm not for free stuff to anyone. Do I think there's  better ways to get our people educated and employed? Hell yes! People need purpose to make life work on any level Give it to them! There are better ways than destroying our planet for the locusts while burying the cogs in the wheels. 

Bottomline, this isn't just our world, or our planet or our platform. We have only so long here, then our progeny get their turn. What you're seeing by AOC, et al progressives is their futures and these ideas are the seeds of how they will be running things when we're no longer here. They have the right and will eventually have the numbers to sway. That IS democracy!

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.5  NV-Robin6  replied to  NV-Robin6 @2.4.4    5 years ago

Auto  complete typo I didn't  catch, through not threw ..

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.10  NV-Robin6  replied to  XDm9mm @2.4.6    5 years ago

He's a Republican presidential candidate if you haven't been paying attention.  Because he's not lock step with you doesn't mean his view is less than yours or incorrect. 

For the record, I'm not happy about Clinton saying this.  If she has evidence, bring it on. If not, stfu. 

As to doing things a better way, I would be in the southern areas building jobs if I could. The hardest hit economically. They've got the broken-end of the stick as far as I'm concerned and I  think the captains of industry who got where they're at on America's shoulders should do better this way in our hardest hit areas. Bezos should have seated in the hard hit south. Coal miners who are dying of black lung, as an example, really don't want to be dying, nor doing this work,  but you grab and do whatever is necessary to survive. I don't hate them, I'm pissed no one is running to their aid.  I hated when Reagan and his Congress gave immigrants 2% business loans that usurped the gulf fisheries. That was not right! Homegrown peeps should always have priority funding available to start businesses.    

As to education; I don't believe it should be free, but like so many other countries, why not have a civil service 2 year program. You get 2 years for 2 years education and so on. We are doing ourselves no favors by limiting education. I want our fellow countrymen smart.  Dont you? This won't happen as long as your side is constantly demonizing education because it might indoctrinate the indoctrinated. Or liberalize teaching critical thinking and use of logic.  

We West Point our military.  The same can be done for Doctors.  People who have the calling but not the means. There are many ways to incenticize growth domestically.    

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.11  NV-Robin6  replied to    5 years ago

Tulsi would be far better off running as an independent.  That's where she belongs.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.4.12  NV-Robin6  replied to  NV-Robin6 @2.4.10    5 years ago

That should read "unindoctrinate the indoctrinated." 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

When did so-called liberals become such warmongers? Remember when people used to march for peace?

Meanwhile Hillary Clinton sure knows an awful lot about what Russian bots are up to. Is she just super paranoid? Is she senile? Does she get her information from her own Russian bots?

What is the point of trying to make these connections with Gabbard? It seems to me that she has the right of it. It's all about smearing her, which is odd because it's not like she's leading in the polls or something.

Maybe the party is just that terrified of someone who might be moderate on some issues or more classically liberal as opposed to irrationally progressive like so many of the other candidates.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

well said!  Gabbard is actually rational for an elected Democrat.  Hillary calling a member of the US military reserves a Russian asset is simply the ravings of a lunatic.  

lib50
Professor Silent
3.3.1  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    5 years ago

And THAT, my friends is exactly one needs to dig deeper into Gabbard.  So much love from you lot, and the fact you just called her rational, like you do Trump, well, makes me stop and wonder.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @3.3.1    5 years ago

Did they charge you or pay you to jump onto the Conspiracy Theory Train?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  lib50 @3.3.1    5 years ago

Well there is the fact that she served abroad and is still in the military that triggers respect of her.  

lib50
Professor Silent
3.3.5  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3.4    5 years ago

Mike Flynn was in the military too.  So was my son.  Your point?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Russia Russia Russia!

Is  poor Hillary's desperate cry for attention...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    5 years ago
Russia Russia Russia!

SLOW DOWN !

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

No, Clinton did not say that.  But, her statement could be true.  After all, Putin's boy just handed the ME to Russia and Iran.  Much is at stake here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago

Who exactly was Clinton referring to?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago

She mentioned no names except Jill Stein who attended the dinner in The Kremlin with Michael Flynn in 2015.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    5 years ago
"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," 

Jill Stein is in the Democratic primary? I must have snoozed thru her appearance when I watched the debates the other night.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.1    5 years ago
She mentioned no names except Jill Stein who attended the dinner in The Kremlin with Michael Flynn in 2015.

So it is safe to assume she was referring to Gabard.

Which the article said.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.4  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.3    5 years ago

Had no idea you all were so psychic,  did you go to Trump's Gut Check school? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    5 years ago
Had no idea you all were so psychic

Not in the least bit surprising.

Who WAS she talking about then?

Go ahead--make something up!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.8    5 years ago

A certain Democrat actually spoke the truth--a glass of water with a "D" behind their name can win an election in a Democrat-majority district!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.10    5 years ago

whats the "D" stand for ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.13  PJ  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.11    5 years ago
whats the "D" stand for ?

In this case it stands for Da!  Why do you think a "certain" faction of voters love her.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.15  PJ  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.14    5 years ago

I generally don't respond to you for a multitude of reasons but since it's your seed......

I don't respect her and I think she's an idiot.  She kisses Bashar al-Assad's ass (another one of Putin's puppets), lies and says he isn't involved in the genocide his soldiers are continuing to commit against the Sunni's.   Like Trump, she's a danger to America because of her fascination and love of dictators. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  PJ @5.1.15    5 years ago

i generally don't care who i respond to neither, but fish is alright, just misguided.

I am not up on her, but i do not like the fact she has a weird respect for Assad as well.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.19  Greg Jones  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.14    5 years ago

Thanks to the idiotic Hillary, thousands of vets are offended by her sweeping generalization about them. It appears that anyone wanting the end of regime change wars is somehow a Putin supporter and a security threat. How stupid can one person be?

Hillary proves that we were not wrong in rejecting her, and every time she opens her mouth these days she causes more and more people to abandon the Democrat party, as presently constructed, is hopelessly out of touch with the American people.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.20  PJ  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.16    5 years ago

She's a dino because that was the only way for her to get elected in Hawaii.  She did what all true republicans and those who support trump do.  She tried to walk it back.

What I also find strange is someone who served in the military understands protocol and the chain of command and yet she didn't follow the process when she snuck over to Syria. 

Democrats were silent on Thursday as Tulsi Gabbard, one of the party’s sitting lawmakers in Congress, announced that she had met with Bashar al-Assad during a trip to war-torn Syria and dismissed his entire opposition as “terrorists”.

Gabbard, a Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii, disclosed her meeting with the Syrian president on Wednesday, during what her office called a “fact-finding” mission in the region.

“Initially I hadn’t planned on meeting him,” Gabbard told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so, because I felt it’s important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we’ve got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace. And that’s exactly what we talked about.”

Democratic leaders were mum on the decision by one of their sitting lawmakers to meet with a dictator whom the US government has dubbed a war criminal for his use of chemical weapons against civilians.

Gabbard’s trip raised alarms over a potential violation of the Logan Act, a federal statute barring unauthorized individuals from conferring with a foreign government involved in a dispute with the US. The US currently has no diplomatic relations with Syria .

Gabbard’s office said her visit was approved by the House ethics committee. A spokesman for the committee declined to comment, although under its rules members have a period of 15 days following the completion of a trip to make public their approval letter and financial disclosures related to privately funded travel.

The offices of Nancy Pelosi, the House minority leader, and Chuck Schumer , the Senate Democratic leader, did not respond to requests for comment when reached by the Guardian. The White House did not immediately return an email inquiry, nor did a spokeswoman for House speaker Paul Ryan.

Pelosi told reporters on Wednesday that she had no knowledge of Gabbard’s unannounced trip, which drew scrutiny over who arranged and paid for the travel.

“She hasn’t reported or brought anything to our office as far as I know,” Pelosi said at a press conference held before Gabbard’s revelation about her meeting with Assad.

“So when I know more about it, I’ll have something to say about it.”

Adam Kinzinger, a Republican congressman from Illinois, was among few lawmakers to immediately condemn Gabbard’s actions.

“It is sad and a shame and a disgrace,” Kinzinger told reporters at a Republican policy retreat in Philadelphia. “In no way should any member of Congress, should any government official, ever travel to meet with a guy that has killed 500,000 people and 50,000 children.”

Kinzinger called on leadership in both parties to condemn Gabbard’s trip and questioned how it was financed. But Kinzinger – like Gabbard, an Iraq war veteran – said he would need to know more to file an ethics complaint against his colleague.

“She has the audacity to say that everywhere she went people supported Assad,” Kinzinger said. “Of course, when you have an Assad-led tour, he’s only going to take you to places where people like him”.

Evan McMullin, a former independent candidate for president in the 2016 presidential election, asked on Twitter: “Why are so many of our leaders becoming stooges of foreign dictators and war criminals? @TulsiGabbard @realDonaldTrump This is America!”

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.21  PJ  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.17    5 years ago

Good for you. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.18    5 years ago

Luke, I am your father!

Does that mean we have a/to Foursome >?

Cause U ain't ever gonna be my Daddy, Sugar.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.23  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    5 years ago

I don't know, ask her.  Most airtime is spent on speculation, this is just an escape from bigger news.  I have my own opinions on both Clinton and Gabbard and don't care enough to put time in it.  I just know neither one will be the nominee.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.25  PJ  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.24    5 years ago
a strong independent woman is scary isn't it.

Apparently you and the rest of the trump supporters think so because you guys sure bring up Hilary a lot.  She scares the bajebus out of you guys.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.27  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

EXACTLY my point. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago
But, her statement could be true.

Try again. Her faulty thinking leaves a lot to be desired.

Nationally, third-party candidates did relatively well in this election. With most of the ballots now counted, Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson gained over 3% of the popular vote, and the Green party’s Jill Stein got 1%. Altogether, candidates who did not represent either of the two main parties got around 4.9% of the popular vote (in 2012, third-party candidates only managed 1.7%, and in 2008, 1.4%). It’s easy to see why people point the finger at third-party votes. In Michigan, where the election was so close that the Associated Press still hasn’t called the result, Trump is ahead by about 12,000 votes. That’s significantly less than the 242,867 votes that went to third-party candidates in Michigan. It’s a similar story elsewhere: third-party candidates won more total votes than the Trump’s margin of victory in Wisconsin, Arizona, North Carolina and Florida. Without those states, Trump would not have won the presidency.

I campaigned for Gary Johnson in my very conservative area. The few votes for him that were cast would have gone to Trump instead; if only two Establishment party candidates were allowed. Johnson garnered far more votes than Jill Stein. Of course Hillary and her backers are vain enough to think she would have received all of the third party votes. Next step by the Establishment will be to try and change the rules to make it even more difficult for third party candidates to get on the ballot.  Sure Hillary will be all in on that effort.

After all, Putin's boy just handed the ME to Russia and Iran.

Right, keep dreaming. Obama opened the door for Russia and Iran in Syria. After he sent in US troops, and start a bombing campaign is when Russian, China, and Iran were invited in. Syria had to give up a port, military base, and air fields to Russia. Since Obama made no secret he wanted to remove Assad.  Assad gave up Syrian assets to protect himself. Obama gift rapped Yemen to the Houthi. It was Bush Jr handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter. But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!! Things went on long before Trump ever became president. But it seems the left have forgotten Obama's 8 years completely. They are even attributing some of Bush Jr's actions to Trump now.

Much is at stake here.

You are correct. The mental well being of the entire left is at stake. Four more years of Trump and there might not be enough sky for them to scream at. No amount of Russian sponsored pink pussy hat protests and parades will make them feel whole. They will have broken all of their crayons, and their coloring books will have long past been filled (almost completely in orange and yellow). The puppies and kittens will have grown up and gone to loving homes. Whatever will they do?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

I guess 11 Morons are better than the ONE "Smart" person on the Democrat stage ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Tulsi Gabbard has a lot in common with some Trump supporters. She was a member of a cult too. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

What about Jill Stein? She was also called a Russian asset.  Let's see if I got it right - Stein worked for Russia as a third party candidate, but worked for the US Constitution when she demanded a recount after Trump won!  Correct?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    5 years ago

Common Vic.

You forgot the, "but Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!"

Everything is acceptable so long as it is against Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.1    5 years ago

They've lost their conscience.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

She has far more that is not in common with Trump supporters. She is a typical tax and spend Democrat that wants bigger more intrusive government, higher taxes and less personal freedom. All things Trump supporters are not going to support. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

I don't think someone name "Lalita" is a very credible source.

Tulsi has adopted Hinduism, same as her her mother.

Is Hinduism a cult?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @7.4    5 years ago

To some lowbrows, anyone not in the Democratic Party and aboard the I Hate Trump train is in a cult.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Gabbard is a veteran now being called a Russian asset because Clinton disagrees with her policy?

This is what happens when there is no accountability for the Russia hoax. Hopefully we get some action on that early next week.

So far not a single word of defense for Gabbard from her fellow (morally bankrupt) democrats!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    5 years ago
accountability for the Russia hoax

what Russia hoax ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @8.1.1    5 years ago

No worries We’ll take care of dealing with this matter.

No Worries.... , ?

what the Fck am i worried about again ?

You Lying about no Russian Hoax ?

Well, 

your right then, No worries.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1.2    5 years ago

He means the hoax that the Democrats and Hillary tried to portray as Trump colluding with Russia. When Russia is working both sides to divide the US. Mueller couldn't prove collusion between Trump and Russia even with a full staff of Hillary and Obama sycophants.

Or would you care to explain these anti Trump actions by Russia?

The Russians were also accused of promoting discord after the election by simultaneously holding New York rallies, one in support of Trump’s victory and another under the name “Trump is NOT my President!” according to an indictment released Friday by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller. There was a separate post-election, anti-Trump rally in Charlotte, North Carolina.

One Facebook group called “United Muslims of America” was allegedly created by the Russians to plan a rally called “Support Hillary. Save American Muslims” in July 2016 in Washington.

The group arranged for one American to hold a sign depicting Clinton and a fake quote attributed to her saying, “I think Sharia Law will be a powerful new direction of freedom,” according to the indictment.

No biggie, right? Well, on Friday prosecutors said 13 meddling Russians were not only behind pro-Trump rallies, but anti-Trump rallies as well, including a "Trump is NOT my President" rally in NYC "on or around Nov. 12," according to the indictment signed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

It's been widely reported that the indictment claims the goal of the meddling was to "sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election." It reads, in part, "Defendants and their coconspirators
used false U.S. personas to organize and coordinate U.S. political rallies in support of then president-elect Trump, while simultaneously using other false U.S. personas to organize and coordinate U.S. political rallies protesting the results of the 2016 U.S. presidential election." 

Putin must be a moron to try and squelch the power of his puppet in Washington.Trump can do so much for Russia when he is marginalized and has to constantly fight for survival./S

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.3    5 years ago
Or would you care to explain these anti Trump actions by Russia?

Would you care to explain why we've NEVER heard Trumpp, say a damn negative word about Putin, as if he had Trumpps balls in a vice.

Putin has shit on him, as no 'man' submits like that, especially one that is constantly arguing like a fifth grader, who was held back 3 times, but Daddy paid off school so now the 2nd grader is a first grade smack in our WH.

Russia and Putin own our treasonous traitor, sooner you face reality,   ah who am i kidding, you won't

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    5 years ago
what Russia hoax ?

Adam "Schifty" Schiff is going to let us know sooooon !

He has all that "Definitive" proof he's been claiming to have since 2016.

Now how 'bout those "Washington Nationals". jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    5 years ago

I sure wish the IGNORE feature still worked.

GregTx
PhD Guide
11  GregTx    5 years ago

Hillaryious! 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
12  Sunshine    5 years ago

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

The title of this seed is:

The seeded article itself directly contradicts the title:

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

Clinton did NOT mention Gabbard by name and there are five Democratic women running for president this cycle: Gabbard, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Minnesota Sen. Amy Kloubuchar, California Sen. Kamala Harria and author Marianne Williamson.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.2  Ronin2  replied to  al Jizzerror @13    5 years ago

The whole planet knows who she is talking about.  

Hillary is the best Russian bot Putin has.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.3  Texan1211  replied to  al Jizzerror @13    5 years ago

Well, who WAS she talking about then?

Care to guess?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
15  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago
Hillary Clinton said....

Isn't Hillary blather on what started this whole "Russia" complex the Democrats and the left have lived on since November 2016?  

This bitch is like an STD.  You just can't fucking get rid of her.

lib50
Professor Silent
19  lib50    5 years ago

Hmm, why are the conservatives in such a snit about Tulsi?  Since when is there a low they won't applaud?  And like her or not, if she is being promoted by the bots and trolls, one has to ask why? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.2  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @19    5 years ago

Why is the former owner of the DNC in such a snit over Gabbard?