╌>

Trevor Noah Exposes Eric and Don Jr.’s Hunter Biden Nepotism Hypocrisy

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  8 comments

Trevor Noah Exposes Eric and Don Jr.’s Hunter Biden Nepotism Hypocrisy

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“If there was ever an example of people who got opportunities because of their names, it’s these two.” For instance, if Donald Trump Jr. was not Donald Trump’s son, Noah asked why anyone would be paying him $50,000 to make a speech. “To share his expertise on bad beards?”

With Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings in the news, Trevor Noah turned his attention to the issue of nepotism Wednesday night.

“The truth is, your name could be a big reason that you get a leg up in life,” The Daily Show host began. “With that said,” he added, “you can’t deny, it’s not a good look that a Ukrainian company hired Hunter Biden just months after Joe Biden became the Obama administration’s point man on Ukraine. Because it looks very much like he got this business because of his father’s position.”

“And I understand why a lot of people would complain about that,” he continued. “What I don’t understand is why these people are complaining about that.”

With that, he cut to a clip of Donald Trump Jr. accusing Hunter Biden of trading on his name and Eric Trump arguing that he and his brother are exempt from criticism because they do not sit on any corporate boards.

“First of all, I’m not surprised nobody has put Beavis and Forehead on any corporate boards,” Noah said. “I don’t even think they’re allowed on diving boards.”

But more importantly, the host said, “If there was ever an example of people who got opportunities because of their names, it’s these two.” For instance, if Donald Trump Jr. was not Donald Trump’s son, Noah asked why anyone would be paying him $50,000 to make a speech. “To share his expertise on bad beards?”

“Also, if Trump’s sons are actually concerned, like truly concerned, about children of politicians doing business overseas,” Noah added, “then can someone please explain to me why they have been doing this?”

He then allowed various news reports to lay out the details of continued foreign projects currently being carried out by Eric and Don Jr. on behalf of the Trump Organization. “Yeah, that’s right, even with their dad in office, the Trumps are still growing their business in places like India, Philippines, Indonesia, Uruguay,” Noah said. “They’re all over the world. It’s like The Amazing Race with no running and no chins.”

But “at least Donald and Eric are one step removed from the Trump presidency,” Noah said before turning his attention to Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, who have official roles in the White House and yet still have entanglements with businesses that benefit from foreign money.

“Now let’s be clear,” Noah concluded. “I’m not defending Hunter Biden. I don’t know him. I don’t know about his business. I’m just saying that the last people who should be talking about the blurred lines of family names and political influence are the people currently running their home office from the White House.”

After the publication of this article, a spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. reached out with this rebuttal to Noah’s argument: “The claim that Don is being hypocritical for attacking Hunter Biden is nothing more than a straw man argument being used by Democrats and their friends in the media to protect Joe Biden’s failing presidential campaign. Don isn’t attacking Hunter Biden because he has a famous father, he’s attacking him specifically for selling access to his father’s public office to enrich himself. There's a big difference between spending your entire life working your way up in a privately owned family business and leeching off the taxpayers to BECOME a family business based solely off your father’s political office.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Yea, again nothing the hippocrits will be able to see here

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

2e2sO2v.jpg

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    5 years ago

Hunter Biden in an interview made a remarkable point: I paraphrase: 'I am sure lots of good things have come into my life, because of being Joe Biden's son.'

Same for all children of the well-connected and well-heeled.

This is a stupid talking point being put delivered by the Trump children, and yet it will remarkably find a home in the mouths of many mesmerized "Donalders. "

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @4    5 years ago
: I paraphrase

i used to parasail, but only when 3 sheets to the wind, and that blows me in the direction of agreeing with that obviousity you did just state.

For Trump to call the Pot smoked not black and charred while boiling Oranges to a pulp, is fiction depiction of a Kettle 1 that took the Fifth and drank till drunk from a can't teen Trump couldn't believe either, as he Crowned her Royal, with a Flush from another one Throne under the Golden Showered Baby, in the White Power

house of ill repute