John Kasich: House should impeach Trump for abuse of power

Via:  john-russell  •  4 weeks ago  •  10 comments

John Kasich: House should impeach Trump for abuse of power
"Withholding military aid, vital military aid to a nation like Ukraine, which has Russian troops inside its territory, that’s threatened all the time, that withholding it so that a political operation can take place, investigate this thing around the server ... and we're going to withhold the aid until you did that. To me, it's totally inappropriate, its an abuse of power."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former Ohio governor and CNN commentator John Kasich said this afternoon that President Donald Trump should be impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives due to "abuse of power."

"I say it with great sadness," Kasich said on CNN. "This is not something I want to do ... This behavior, in my opinion, cannot be tolerated and action should be taken."

Kasich, the last Republican candidate to drop his challenge to Trump in the 2016 presidential primaries, stopped short of saying Trump should be convicted and removed by the U.S. Senate.

The remarks from the frequent Trump critic came after Acting Chief of Staff Nick Mulvaney talked Thursday — and then tried to walk it back — of withholding U.S. military aid to Ukraine in dealings with the country.

"It pushed me really across the Rubicon," Kasich said. "Withholding military aid, vital military aid to a nation like Ukraine, which has Russian troops inside its territory, that’s threatened all the time, that withholding it so that a political operation can take place, investigate this thing around the server ... and we're going to withhold the aid until you did that. To me, it's totally inappropriate, its an abuse of power."

After hearing Mulvaney's comments, I now believe that @realDonaldTrump should be impeached by the US House and face a trial in the US Senate.

This is not a decision I've made lightly, but it's clear now that a line was crossed. This is an abuse of power. Action must be taken. pic.twitter.com/5p3QGmp8YN

Kasich, who famously refused to attend the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in 2016 at which Trump was nominated and instead voted for the late John McCain, was asked if Trump should be removed.

"But if you’re asking me if I was sitting in the House of Representatives today and you were to ask me, how do I feel, do I think impeachment should move forward and should go for a full examination and a trial of the United States Senate? My vote would be yes, and I don’t say it lightly," Kasich said.

The former congressman departed office in January after two terms as governor.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 weeks ago

Kasich should run for president as an independent conservative and if he doesnt prove to be siphoning votes from Trump, drop out and endorse the Democrat. He needs to put his money where his mouth is. 

Tacos!
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 weeks ago
Kasich should run for president as an independent conservative

He should just run as a Republican. Failing that, he could try the independent route, but he might make history and actually defeat the incumbent for the nomination. Of course, the whole business would be cheaper and easier if Trump were removed from office via impeachment, but now I sound cynical.

igknorantzrulz
1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 weeks ago

He was the only sensible Republican running in the GOP trainwreck that Trump eventually engineered into the side of a mountain, while convincing his followers that it was just a mole hill, speed bump, and or pee under the Bus tire

Ronin2
1.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2    4 weeks ago
He was the only sensible Republican running in the GOP trainwreck

He was loathed and despised by the left while he was running. Now he is CNN commentator.

CNN commentator John Kasich

All you need to know. His boss gave him his marching orders. If he wants to keep his job; and not get attacked by CNN on the way out; he will tow the company line. Which is impeach, impeach, impeach!

igknorantzrulz
1.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.1    4 weeks ago
f he wants to keep his job; and not get attacked by CNN on the way out; he will tow the company line. Which is impeach, impeach, impeach!

ughhh,

ask Shep Smith how that works, cause CNN is FAR MORE CREDIBLE and NEWSWORTHY than FOX ever was or will be

WallyW
1.3  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 weeks ago

This latest anti-Trump article has no value, just like the last one, and the next one

JohnRussell
1.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @1.3    4 weeks ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
1.3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @1.3    4 weeks ago

This latest anti-Trump article has no value, just like the last one, and the next one

i've noticed you find all Trump articles that accuse Trump of wrongdoing, to be of no value.

Are you a value shopper ? Adults should have purchased values before A dolt hood is sweated out of where they shop for the best Values Trumps' Money can buy.

Trumpp enjoys White Sales, on his bull ship, sinking faster by the stern way Trump defenders defend an inevitable end to a Titanic Failure

JohnRussell
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 weeks ago

The ball is rolling with more and more notable figures calling for Trump's downfall.  It is nice to see. 

XDm9mm
3  XDm9mm    4 weeks ago

Kasich is still pissed he got his ass handed to him when he tried to run.  He was a loser then and he continues to be.  It's sad actually.