╌>

Boeing knew for 'some months' about the dangers of the 737 Max, officials said

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  17 comments

Boeing knew for 'some months' about the dangers of the 737 Max, officials said
Company employees mentioned instabilities in the craft during a 2016 instant message chat.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I'm not sure what Boeing had to gain by not taking this defect seriously unless they really didn't believe the simulators, although it didn't sound like that to me. 

What do you think?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

The story, which I thankfully found a text rendition of, indicated that Boeing knew about the dangers BEFORE two of the aircraft crashed killing a total of 346 people.  Is that considered negligent homicide?  I wonder it the Boeing executives are able to get a peaceful night's sleep now.  I hope they never get a good night's sleep for the rest of their lives. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

I agree with you 100%.

I am sure there had their bean counters go over the chances of an accident occurring, and weighed that against the costs of fixing the problem. As the crash investigations proved not all airline pilots are trained equally. Guess the bean counters didn't factor that in.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2  devangelical  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

golly, this might set chinese airline manufacturing back a few years waiting to steal the software fix for their knockoff jets

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  devangelical @2.2    5 years ago

LOL.  Got a source for that hateful comment?   

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    5 years ago

not one that could be read in china

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  devangelical @2.2.2    5 years ago

Well, if that's so, why don't you copy and paste it here?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.3    5 years ago

LOL. Crickets!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.4    5 years ago

This one might be censored there.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2.5    5 years ago

Actually, Dean, that's a really interesting article.  The only thing in it that has puzzled me for a while is how can there be forced transfer of technology.  Do Chinese police hold guns to the heads of foreigners the way the Godfather got his singer godson out of an employment contract?  "Either your signature or your brains are going to appear on this release."  Seems to me it's a matter of corporate greed - i.e. if you want to do business here then give us your technology, or just fuck off.  They could fuck off, and therefore no transfer - the corporations had that choice.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

The Bottom Line, brought down two jets that could have been averted,    again.

but

Corporations Are People That Kill People Too

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

Gravity is a heartless bitch!

This is what you get when you turn away your focus from safety to optimize on stock price, dividends, and executive bonus levels.

Boeing Increases CEO's Pay 27% to $23.4 Million for Last Year

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5    5 years ago

But Fly, wouldn't this fly in the face of logic? The lawsuits are going to kill them if it is found out that they knew there were problems and still said the plane was safe. Or is this a case of being short sighted?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1    5 years ago

Come on Perrie, you know how the game is played in the US.  The senior execs wont care because the senior execs got paid.  Unless they get taken to court like the Volkswagen execs did over the engine performance fraud, they'll get to keep most of their compensation.  Boeing as a company will be on the hook.