╌>

Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  123 comments

Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash
"I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump on Saturday said the United States would no longer host next year's Group of Seven (G-7) summit at his Doral resort after intense backlash from Democrats, ethics watchdogs and some Republican lawmakers.

The reversal came two days after the White House announced that Trump National Doral near Miami would host the gathering of world leaders next June. The decision was widely panned by critics who viewed it as a brazen move for the president to enrich his family brand.

Trump tweeted Sunday night that he "thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders," boasting of the property's proximity to major airports and its physical spaces.

"I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!" Trump tweeted.
About 35 minutes later, Trump followed up with a tweet announcing the venue would be changed.

"Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020," Trump tweeted. "We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!"

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney announced during a briefing on Thursday that Doral would host the G-7 next June. He said the Trump family property was chosen after White House teams scouted a dozen properties as potential sites.

Mulvaney downplayed questions about the appearance of a conflict of interest for the president, insisting that there would be no profit and that the resort was "far and away the best choice."

"I get the criticisms. So does [Trump]... but no, there's no issue here on him profiting from this in any way, shape or form," Mulvaney said. "If you think it's going to help his brand, that's great, but I would suggest that he doesn't need much help promoting his brand."

Trump was the one who encouraged Doral be considered, Mulvaney said, which further inflamed criticism.
The announcement immediately drew backlash. Democrats quickly sought details of the contract for Doral, and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) pledged to add the use of the Trump property for the G-7 to an ongoing Emoluments Clause lawsuit against the president.

"This is corruption, plain and simple," tweeted Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), a front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"The Constitution is clear: the President cannot accept gifts or payments from foreign governments. No oEven some Republicans expressed unease over the decision.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) told reporters it was not appropriate for Trump to host the G-7 at his own property.

Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-Mich.), who is retiring at the end of his term, told The Washington Post he felt the decision "just further fans the flames that the Democrats have been ranting about."

The Doral decision had also fanned the flames of an already difficult week in the White House. Multiple current and former administration officials have cooperated with House Democrats in their impeachment inquiry into the president, and Republicans have come out in force to criticize Trump over his foreign policy in Syria.

Trump floated Camp David as a potential new host site. The Maryland retreat hosted the last G-7 in the United States in 2012, though Mulvaney told reporters Thursday that he heard those involved in that event "thought it was a miserable place to have the G7."

Mulvaney said the White House had considered a dozen sites, which included spots in California, Florida, Colorado, Hawaii, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee and Utah.ne is above the law," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) tweeted.

The final four sites included Doral, two spots in Utah and one in Hawaii.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

"I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA."

He has absolutely no idea that with this one comment, he announced that he is still very much involved with his businesses.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

POS/POTUS is already in over his head with emoluments. when his tax returns are released, even the biggest sycophants in his base will get pissed off.

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    5 years ago
S/POTUS is already in over his head with emoluments.

I hope his unrepentant blather regarding this attempt doesn't fade into the background at impeachment time.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    5 years ago

Trump insists that he has been declared the "Chosen One." Yet, it has yet to be determined who did the choosing. To be sure, with Trumps immorality and his endless lies and deceit, it is certainly not the Creator, who knows his history far better than any human could possibly guess.

It may be possible for Trump to manage to win against man's laws, but, he will never win against the will of the Creator. Ever.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.1.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.2    5 years ago
who did the choosing

Here's an old meme I did in 2016:

Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.1.3    5 years ago

Nothin' but net!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  CB  replied to  devangelical @1.1    5 years ago

Speaking about tax returns:

1. Did "Big Daddy" Trump finally figure out that bold, in yo' face expenditure of governmental tax funds on Doral would give Congress an "in" to his long sought after tax returns? (Are entities doing business specifically with the government required to submit certain types and quanitites of documents?)
  2. Moreover, Trump is setting himself up to run again for the presidency in 2020.
    1. ) Will Democrats pass some legislation requiring the submission of past year tax returns for presidential candidates? (Why have the democratic house not done this already?)
    2. )  Will Democrats demand/ask Trump to produce his tax returns NOW? (And, not let him skate on it again)?

Damn! Already! Do something Democrats!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.1.3    5 years ago
Here's an old meme I did in 2016:

Yep....and Trump still thinks he will win again with the help of his Friends, who just happen to be our enemies. He not only betrays our country, but, our people as well, for his own personal gain. 

However, history, nor the Creator, will treat him well. But, matter how much he tries to fool the people by trying to blame others for his own crimes, he can't fool the Creator.

Professor Guide
1.1.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @1.1.5    5 years ago
(Are entities doing business specifically with the government required to submit certain types and quantities of documents?)

I wouldn't mind knowing that one.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.8  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.7    5 years ago

5.403 Requests from Members of Congress.

Contracting officers shall give Members of Congress, upon their request, detailed information regarding any particular contract. When responsiveness would result in disclosure of classified matter, business confidential information, or information prejudicial to competitive acquisition, the contracting officer shall refer the proposed reply, with full documentation, to the agency head and inform the legislative liaison office of the action.

logo.png

____

There are some links (of course) on this government site about the contracting process which are quite interesting and possibly illuminating on the topic. For instance, would Doral be "awarded" a government contract?

Moreover, (on a separate note) Donald and "Donalders" keep mentioning no profit will be asked for or made. But, who would foot the bill to make Doral suitable for international dignitaries, their official requirements, classified spaces, and so on and so forth?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  CB  replied to  CB @1.1.8    5 years ago

BULLETIN: 

"Big Daddy" Trump says he has made a COMMAND decision:  'G-7!  Y'all can't  come to Doral in 2020! —Go some where else!'

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

I'm surprised Trump is going to change the venue for the G-7 Summit.

The National Doral Resort & Spa is by far the safest place to host the G-7 Summit.

Here's a recording from security cameras in the Main Clubhouse (from 2018).

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2    5 years ago

What the hell with the socks?  The only thing missing from this was the Benny Hill doofus music.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2    5 years ago

Is this real? This guy is 'off his rocker'! Most Laughable.

So this is what "Throwing away a few good years of your life in jail, and risking ending it all' looks like?!!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @1.2.2    5 years ago

Yea, it's real.

Some have not as much concern, as say some others, 

about De Feat.

he socked it to em', yippee KIE YAAAA, as an obvious American Patriot was attempting to 

"Take the Power Back" via an American Flag and all,  as he also did earn his stripes spotted like and by an Owl, but not at Penn State, as the Niittany Lion one, and thisone should be at State Penn  for a century with a long Penn Attentionary Dis-order    spanning a fowl birds clipped wings, as the evidence sings   to and from

ownly those that won't own it,  dis ordered 

who would be leave (soon) that he is a Mountain Evidence of One Guilt, 

his New American Weigh    and  Kurds           disposed, as too many's   

Dis May          will come after March     and April Golden showers reign down on all this

Soul Mounting Evidense One   can muster   while never catching up   to all so many can never relish  the thoughts

his supporters of some Dick pretending to be Richurd  instead of the lying Turdish matter without equal, asz none

in this office, have ever been

So Fecal   .                 Time to preempt the sequel     portrayed upon the people

Lying with, to, and buying  the side       of this mutated minded malignancy 

of  a cancer on our Democracy, and attempt to figure how only

Dems could see the Crazy

as

it IS                  in this   DEMOCRAZY 

The GOP must pay dearly for the trespass  upon our Nation

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  CB  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    5 years ago

Gotta hand it to that one tough police officer who singlehandedly came after this gun-toting monkey and ran him to ground! Bravo, officer! (Monkey, must have realized he did not not pack extra rounds of ammunition!)

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.5  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    5 years ago

'Baby' got those tender feet? Marble allergy? Footies with non-skid?

Professor Guide
1.2.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    5 years ago
The GOP must pay dearly for the trespass  upon our Nation

Grrrrrrrr, baby.  

Professor Guide
1.2.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2    5 years ago

This was a hoot yesterday.  For some reason, it's much funnier this morning.

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Got CAUGHT, got slapped! Poor Dumpster. He is such a CROOK!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Trump was persuaded, maybe by Ivanka, that this G-7 thing would become an article of impeachment, and a talking point for the Democratic presidential candidates.  For a while the dollar signs in his eyes were causing him to try and bigfoot the Doral idea through, but in the end he seems to have finally listened to someone else. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4    5 years ago

He had no choice, but to cancel it!

This fool's attempt at a full frontal attack on other hotel magnates with a quick stab in their financial hearts was more than 'clown' art can cover! The 'other guys' were not going to take this disrespect to their brands laying down!

Now that republicans are finally counseling themselves that Trump is a mere mortal who puts his pants own the same way they do, maybe (as a group) the males can go after getting their 'balls' back!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  Krishna    5 years ago

It mat take a while, but its starting to look more and more like Donald trump-- and in fact the entire Trump crime Family-- will eventually be taken down.

And do some hard time ....

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

Is your new avatar pic Ivanka?

Did you use photoshop to remove the penis from the photo?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.1    5 years ago

You are supposed to use your imagination. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

what's that ?

Professor Guide
2.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

IT IS ABOUT damn time!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
It mat take a while, but its starting to look more and more like Donald trump-- and in fact the entire Trump crime Family-- will eventually be taken down.

Trump with his “Great and Unmatched Wisdom” never realized that when he decided to run for POTUS, it would put him and his family under the world's magnifying glass. 

The world is learning about just how unethical and illegal the Trump family and business is, only because the idiot and his ego had to run for POTUS to try and out-do Obama.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.4.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4    5 years ago
Trump with his “Great and Unmatched Wisdom”

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  Krishna    5 years ago

BTW I was surprised when he said it would no longer be hosted at the Doral. I think maybe a year or so ago he wouldn't have changed his mind. But now he's running scared--- various investigations, etc are starting to close in..."the noose is starting to tighten".

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago
I think maybe a year or so ago he wouldn't have changed his mind.

I agree!  He must be scared shitless, and rightfully so.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    5 years ago
He must be scared shitless, and rightfully so.

There are just too many laws against him at this point that he can't evade anymore, even if the Impeachment does not go through. But, it will make it hard for him to prove his innocents in all the other things that he has been caught in and can't run from. 

Every time he opens his mouth he digs himself an even bigger and deeper hole that he can't blame on anyone else.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    5 years ago

I agree!  He must be scared shitless, and rightfully so.

I don't know about that,

asz i still think he's

full of shit

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.1.3  cobaltblue  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.1    5 years ago
Every time he opens his mouth he digs himself an even bigger and deeper hole that he can't blame on anyone else

You know when Mick Mulvaney said "get over it," he was parroting words he heard Trump say. That's why he thought it was okay to use that phrase when speaking to the press. Anyone else notice Mulvaney's upper lip was sweating profusely during that press conference? 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.2  cobaltblue  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago
I was surprised when he said it would no longer be hosted at the Doral.

I'm sure he was thinking about the bedbug eradication cost. What is puzzling is that he's blaming the dems and media for chucking the Doral right out the window. Yeah. Like that's believable. 

Posted by u/Skarroo
The best bed bugs, the greatest bed bugs, nobody has better bed bugs than Trump. It's your fault if they bite you.

g17vw2p610j31.jpg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  pat wilson    5 years ago

Too much blow-back !

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @4    5 years ago
Too much blow-back !

...dripping off of the fake chandeliers at the failing Doral.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
4.1.1  cobaltblue  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    5 years ago
dripping off of the fake chandeliers at the failing Doral.

Hilarious! 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I would have suggested Grossingers but it's closed. Is the Concord still in business?  Entertain them with Borscht Belt performers and feed them with Kosher food.

Or put them in B&Bs (Bed and Breakfasts) so the foreigners can get to meet with ordinary Americans.

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    5 years ago

Why can't "Daddy" Trump just follow 'regular order' like everybody else? Enough of the free-lancing with the foundational touchstones of this country!

We can't afford to put any trust into a man who tells lies as a form of pleasure and private self-deception. His own words give him away. Donald is a many things: charitable giving is not one of them! Moreover, what businessman can afford to operate without a keen eye on profit?

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:

Rule 13:  Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

Rule 27:  There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman. 

Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @6    5 years ago
Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

And he's out of his mind if he thinks anyone believes his "I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA." comment.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @6    5 years ago
There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman. 

Trump is still dangerous.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.1  CB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.2    5 years ago

He sure is, Paula! Trump is a very dangerous man crook!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

Dammit!

I was looking forward to the Doral G-7 (+1) Summit.  It's +1 because Trump wants include Russia to make it the G-8 again.

I was really hoping that Trump would put his boss, Vladimir Putin, and the rest of the Russians in the Jack Nicklaus Villa building because it's "bugged".

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1  Raven Wing  replied to  al Jizzerror @7    5 years ago

Man, now that is bugged! I stayed at a motel in Tuscan AZ many years ago on my way to visit with Family in Texas. I looked every bit as 'bit' as that pore guy looks, and I was only there less than an hour! And a shower only made it worse!

While I wasn't charged for my 'stay', my trip was delayed while I got medical help before I could continue. And the itching nearly drove me insane until the medicine kicked in. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     5 years ago

"I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @8    5 years ago

Agreed. He once again opens his mouth and sticks his a$$ in it. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

If anyone believes that excuse they must also believe in the Tooth Fairy. Or they are simply just so stupid they will believe anything.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
8.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Kavika @8    5 years ago

Key part of that sentence, "to the USA".  He was still planning on charging all the foreign diplomats and their entourages.  Idiot still does not understand the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. 

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

What am I saying?  The idiot wouldn't recognize the Constitution if it were rammed up his ass.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
8.2.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ozzwald @8.2    5 years ago
The idiot wouldn't recognize the Constitution if it were rammed up his ass.

Professor Guide
9  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    5 years ago

Raven Wing:  That is an excellent, hilarious image. Thank you!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @9    5 years ago
That is an excellent, hilarious image.

I agree. However, I am not the one who posted it. jrSmiley_51_smiley_image.gif

It was posted by Al Jizzerror if it is the one you are referring to. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    5 years ago

Trump? Do something for free? Never. 

That jackass charges the secret service 50k to use his golf carts every time he golfs at one of his shitty golf courses. 

To dumb that down? Not only does trump golf 4 times as much as Obama did, (after spending 8 years crying that Obama golfed too much), the taxpayers have to pay for him to go golfing. 

Other than lining his pockets at the taxpayers expense, holding the G7 at Doral would have been a great way for trump to feed his own ego. 

CB
Professor Principal
10.2  CB  replied to  MrFrost @10    5 years ago

th?id=OIP.ByZyyO5WRWqX-15JeDEV-AHaEK&w=300&h=168&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7 Yes. They would have only paid costs (prices would have been adjusted upwards) in typical 'Boss Hogg' fashion. 6f988635ff97350905f95df4ea3d88e1.jpg Grease is the word!

Professor Guide
10.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @10.2    5 years ago
(prices would have been adjusted upwards)

I'm absolutely certain he will work in the loss of revenue some place where it will not be discovered until much, much later.

CB
Professor Principal
10.2.2  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10.2.1    5 years ago

Sister, my bad! @11 is in reply to your comment. LOL!

CB
Professor Principal
11  CB    5 years ago

HISS!dc1c992e437441432760d6bef9d5f061-d99ozdr.png Hiss! hiss!

CB
Professor Principal
12  CB    5 years ago

One more thing. It is mind-numbingly stupid that a president can use government agencies and government staff to stall a proper application of subpoenas and truth-telling to Congress (the conscience of the people of this country). This one man is literally stopping truth in its tracks with the power of mere words:

How many men does it take to stop 435 congresspersons in their tracks? 

Answer: One.

freepress
Freshman Silent
13  freepress    5 years ago

Taxpayers will pay an enormous amount for security, for additional staff, and upgrades for the facility and transportation. Without tax returns to compare and presenting a fixed price list of what foreign leaders and staff would be paying to Trump and family as a hotel, "zero cost" is a lie. American taxpayers would foot the bill for so much more. Besides the fact Trump and his family know they should have divested their business interests, setup a blind trust with outside individuals running the company, and they are willing to ignore Constitutional emoluments and break the law. The entire fiasco was so self serving as to be obscene in it's greed.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  freepress @13    5 years ago

They should use Camp David.

It is already a secure site.

The 38th G-8 summit was held in Camp David in 2012.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  al Jizzerror @13.1    5 years ago

It's a working meeting place for conducting national and international governmental business,  not a resort vacation palace.

If it's not as comfortable as everyone wants, maybe they will actually concentrate  and accomplish some good work

before leaving...

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.2  CB  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.1    5 years ago

Camp David Activities

Camp David is a rustic getaway in a wooded setting with lots of outdoor and indoor activities available. One of the most fun aspects of Camp David is that guests are given golf carts as their main mode of transportation around the retreat.

There are tennis courts, horseshoe pits, a swimming pool, skeet range, nearby fishing and horseback riding. There is a golf driving range near the helicopter landing zone and a single golf hole with multiple tee boxes outside Aspen Lodge.

You can go bowling, watch movies, work out at the fitness center, play basketball, and shoot some pool. Meandering hilly trails are ideal for long walks and bike rides. In the winter, you can go cross-country skiing, sledding, ice skating and snowmobiling. There is also the Evergreen Chapel, a non-denominational place of worship.

|

After which in three days time they can all go 'board up' and go home, respectively. Moreover, it's a  good - quality - investment of taxpayer funds for the nation as a whole.

Thank you, SP! There are some really goo great pics on the link you provided . And, the About page is stellar!

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Ender  replied to  CB @13.1.2    5 years ago

Found this too.

I think the donald's problem is it is not gilded and gaudy.

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.4  CB  replied to  Ender @13.1.3    5 years ago

That, and the issue is Donald Trump 'walks' alone. He wants to put all the past presidents to (his idea) shame.

Translation: He wants to be a show-off. Being the man that he is, Donald does not want history to regard him as following former President Obama's "needy" use of a hospitality venue.

After all, he has Doral and the G7 in 2020 would have been (past tense) a 'golden' opportunity to have these world leaders complimenting his 'home.' Moreover, it is a sneaky way to get Doral, a Trump property, mentioned in the one of a kind future TRUMP presidential library!

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.1    5 years ago

Looks pretty freaking comfy to me. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
13.1.6  cobaltblue  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.1    5 years ago
If it's not as comfortable as everyone wants, maybe they will actually concentrate  and accomplish some good work before leaving

Great point, SP. Less golfie, more workie. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13.1.7  al Jizzerror  replied to  cobaltblue @13.1.6    5 years ago
Less golfie, more workie.

There is one hole at Camp David.

When Trump arrives there will be two holes.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @13.1.5    5 years ago

It's got fishing! That's all I need

Professor Guide
13.1.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @13.1.6    5 years ago
Great point, SP. Less golfie, more workie.

Too funnie!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14  MrFrost    5 years ago

There are truck stop greasy spoons that are cleaner than Doral. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago
There are truck stop greasy spoons that are cleaner than Doral. 

Okay, which truck stop greasy spoon had less than one point deducted in its latest inspection?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1    5 years ago

Okay, which truck stop greasy spoon had less than one point deducted in its latest inspection?

But this is Doral, trump's property and does he not always claim that everything he does is the best of everything? Yea, pretty much constantly, (he just did it again 10 minutes ago, bragging about Doral). The point is that if it's so perfect and so wonderful it shouldn't have any flags at all. 

Also, that inspection was in MAY, just 5 months into the year. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @14.1.1    5 years ago

So your statement that truck stop greasy spoons are cleaner than Doral is just unsubstantiated hogwash, as I suspected when I read it.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.3  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.2    5 years ago

Leon County Restaurant Inspections at a Glance

35 Restaurants That Passed the First Inspection with ZERO violation

Dade County Restaurant Inspections at a Glance

32 Restaurants That Passed the First Inspection with ZERO violation

Note: Mr. Frost, this is pretty neat. I want one for my 'neck' of the country! Good looking out!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1.3    5 years ago

First inspections.

In other words, PRE-OPENING.

Everything new, no food being cooked, no chance to dirty anything up.

And STILL you failed to support the inane statement made about greasy spoon truck stops being cleaner, but good try!

Better luck next time.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.5  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.4    5 years ago

Employees Cafeteria

100 Chopin Plaza, Miami ( County)

Business Informations

• Board Code: 200   District: 1   Region: 12
  • License Type: Permanent Food Service
  • Rank Code: Seating
  • Licensee: DTRS INTERCONTINENTAL MIAMI LLC
  • Business: EMPLOYEES CAFETERIA
    1. 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami (Dade county), FL, 33131.
  • License Number: SEA2317203
  • Primary Status: Current
  • Secondary Status: Active
  • License Expiry Date: Oct. 1, 2020
  • Number of Seats : 116

Inspection Results & Disciplinary Actions

*Click inspection disposition to see detail report.
Inspection Number Date Disposition Number of Violations
2915506 Oct. 16, 2019 Inspection Completed - No Further Action 0
2847958 May 21, 2019 Inspection Completed - No Further Action
(Met Inspection Standards)
2814950 Oct. 18, 2018 Inspection Completed - No Further Action
2721297 Dec. 18, 2017 Inspection Completed - No Further Action
2679398 June 6, 2017 Inspection Completed - No Further Action

Source:
|

Kind of speaks for itself thar' Texan'! I find it "unheplful" for me to run thru the list found @ 14.1.3 trying to pull out the trailers, 'canteens,'  'stops', dives, and 'greasy spoons' specifically. Just ignite that ' donalders ' hyberbolic imagination on it! Ya hear.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1.5    5 years ago

You are going to have to be better than this if you wish to defend his ridiculous statements.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.7  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.6    5 years ago

Er' you've got some grease on your lips, thar' Southerner. /s

Table-reading not ya thang, though?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1.7    5 years ago
Er' you've got some grease on your lips, thar' Southerner. /s

Nope, and neither is gibberish.

Good day!

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.9  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.8    5 years ago

Yeah, I recognize your pattern of 'defeat.'  "Good day!"  is the opener.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.1.10  al Jizzerror  replied to  CB @14.1.5    5 years ago

Perfect!

It looks like the employees there are eating shitty contaminated meals.

Professor Guide
14.1.11  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @14.1.7    5 years ago

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1.9    5 years ago
Yeah, I recognize your pattern of 'defeat.'  "Good day!"  is the opener.

You are amusing.

I like that.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.13  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.1.11    5 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.14  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @14.1.10    5 years ago

Inspection Number Date Disposition Number of Violations
2915506 Oct. 16, 2019 Inspection Completed - No Further Action 0

My friend, actually the latest report in the series (above) is a clean bill of health. Zero violations!

Texan1211 was 'griping' that my restaurant listing @14.1.3 (see links) were pre-opening inspections. They are not  The link is not first-time inspections either.

As @14.1.5 points out, in a table illustrating "5" separate inspection numbers going all the way back to June 2017!

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.15  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.12    5 years ago

One more thing before sunrise Tuesday. . . . Can donalders convince Trump to take his pay and stop donating it to the government? We don't want Donald to gripe about being 'broke and disgusted' later if this whole impeachment thing kicks in strong and severely.

The Constitution actually requires the president receive a salary. . . .

"The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.  
—Article II Section I.

Just chat with Donald over coffee about it, will ya! The fine citizens of our nation wants Donald to get everything he has coming to him. Emphatically!

Leave the "emoluments" alone, Donald. You can't take any of that home with you.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.1.16  al Jizzerror  replied to  CB @14.1.15    5 years ago
The Constitution actually requires the president receive a salary. . . .

JFK was wealthy so he didn't need the salary.  He decided that taxpayer should be used elsewhere.

The Donald decided to profit from his position and that refusing the salary was a good smokescreen.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
14.1.17  cobaltblue  replied to  CB @14.1.9    5 years ago
I recognize your pattern of 'defeat.'  "Good day!"  is the opener.

Bingo. All those facts and Texan still thinks he's right. Pretty fuckin' funny, if you ask me. Good ol' Texan ... good for a laugh. I like that. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
14.1.18  cobaltblue  replied to  CB @14.1.15    5 years ago
The fine citizens of our nation wants Donald to get everything he has coming to him. Emphatically!

tenor.gif?itemid=7806941

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  al Jizzerror @14.1.16    5 years ago
The Donald decided to profit from his position and that refusing the salary was a good smokescreen.

He's open about wanting them there....Does not take a salary from the tax payer..... and came in to D.C. with more wealth than those already in congress.....unlike the "Politicians" already there, who seem to rely on Secret "Insider Trading" to make their millions, after they get into office. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.20  Dulay  replied to  al Jizzerror @14.1.16    5 years ago

Trump isn't 'refusing' his salary, he's claiming it as a charitable donation on his taxes. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.1.21  al Jizzerror  replied to  Dulay @14.1.20    5 years ago
he's claiming it as a charitable donation on his taxes.

Yeah, he can use it as a tax deduction.

Butt if he's donating it to a bogus charity (like his own foundation which was shut down because it was a scam) he can't deduct it.  The  Southern District of New York is investigating his "charity". 

OTOH The Donald may not be paying his taxes.  The SDNY issued has a subpoena for his tax returns too.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.22  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @14.1.16    5 years ago

If Trump would leave straightway, he can avoid this pesky impeachment proceeding continuing and save the nation any further expenditures to boot! Here is the thing:  Donald! If you resign and go away . . . It will not come. . . .

No impeachment. No more large federal expenditures. The cable news viewers of this country can reclaim their television sanity!

Win - Win - Win!

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.23  CB  replied to  cobaltblue @14.1.18    5 years ago

Blah! Don't remind me. "Big Daddy" Trump has 60 million plus Twitter donalders. He would cause a seismic disruption in any prison population! Either way it goes - we are in for Big Daddy troubles for some time to come. Oh brother, I shudder!

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
14.1.24  cobaltblue  replied to  CB @14.1.14    5 years ago
Texan1211 was 'griping' that my restaurant listing @14.1.3 (see links) were pre-opening inspections. They are not  The link is not first-time inspections either. As @14.1.5 points out, in a table illustrating "5" separate inspection numbers going all the way back to June 2017!

Texan isn't interested in facts. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.25  JohnRussell  replied to  cobaltblue @14.1.24    5 years ago

Tell us something we dont know. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
15  lady in black    5 years ago

Let's see who will defend this one....once again, Crooked donnie wipes his ass with the Constitution.

Trump blames Constitution's ‘phony Emoluments Clause’ for G-7 debacle

Is our 1787 Constitution a "Phony"...is any part of OUR CONSTITUTION a Phony....Trump has proven once again he is too illiterate, to understand our Constitution., our laws, our 3 separate branches of Gov.....What their duties are...TRUMP THINKS HE'S A KING,RULER, AUTOCRAT, Dictator....HE'S NOT THE LAW....THE LAWS APPLY TO HIM..................KEEP OUR CONSTITUTION STRONG...DON'T LET TRUMP TRAMPLE ON IT.........SAME FOR REPUBLICANS...SENATE...

CB
Professor Principal
15.1  CB  replied to  lady in black @15    5 years ago

I heard him call it, "the phony emoluments clause. . . " in his presser today! Donald Trump - the constitution rube. Okay, donalders, is Trump a "national disgrace" now?

NOTE: "PHONY EMOLUMENT LAWS"

@1:46

Encompassed by a braggadociosdigression of words for words-sake.

See Donalders, he did not call you out, but instead blamed his G7-Doral woes all on the democrats. "As if." Trump has never let anything the democrats want or do stop him from a willful execution of his thought process before.

Case in point: The military 'parade' for July 4, 2019. Trump realizes he is not in complete control anymore. Donalders in congress - you do not have to "fear the man" any longer!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
15.1.1  lady in black  replied to  CB @15.1    5 years ago

This will be their response:

he-didnt-say-that-and-if-he-did-he-didnt

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.2  CB  replied to  lady in black @15.1.1    5 years ago

Donalders!

Spot on, Lady in Black!

Ender
Professor Principal
15.1.3  Ender  replied to  lady in black @15.1.1    5 years ago

Or their latest excuse...it was a joke...

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
15.1.4  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ender @15.1.3    5 years ago
it was a joke...

Trump is a fucking joke.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
15.1.5  al Jizzerror  replied to  CB @15.1    5 years ago
"the phony emoluments clause. . . "

Yep.  The Donald doesn't give a fuck about upholding the (phony) U.S. Constitution.

Trump was sworn in and promised to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

I guess he thinks he doesn't have to abide by the Constitution.

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.6  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @15.1.5    5 years ago

It is so amazing. It is as if Trump never heard of the ragging he gave President Obama for all those years and even continues to pull threads out of right now. The Constitution is a dreadful document designed for the masses of little people and people in trade

lady in black
Professor Quiet
16  lady in black    5 years ago

Just had the post this....hehe

75285793_3134882746604758_7356372361991421952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQlpxd05aZ_x6EnpRebWBsPvcyKpsRXtFwgY70zIYvFGR8VHbo2b5vrvC74AWvLHG6E&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dc7ab57e75222820e295976322f88600&oe=5E1E325A

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
16.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @16    5 years ago

Who is that on the left because it sure isn't Streep.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
16.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @16.1    5 years ago

I have no idea..someone posted the picture on FB

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
16.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @16.1    5 years ago
it sure isn't Streep.

Streep is the one with the orange face making fun of Trump. I guess in retaliation of his very ugly remark about her.

CB
Professor Principal
16.1.3  CB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @16.1    5 years ago

'Only Meryl' Streep can get one's goat without a word. LOL.

CB
Professor Principal
16.1.4  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @16.1.2    5 years ago

Good point! Donald just wipes his nasty mouth on people without any rhyme or reason. We would not know half of what was in Donald's rather half-empty head if the other half of his head would not talk so much! I mean really. Folks, it does not take us long to process that Donald "Meant to do it - when he does it" because how in the heaven does he pluck people out of the clear blue instance to hurl under his 'bus'?!

George Washington is somewhere going, "WTF, Donald?!"

And poor Barack Obama can't catch a break! You want to talk about Obama Derangement Syndrome - Donald's got a bad case of it! Barack is some where quietly having a soda and enjoying the third year of processing eight years of leading a great people and POW! Another run-in with Donald driving the bus!

It reminds me of another case of "this does not follow":

Okay, now, WT——  just happened?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.2  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @16    5 years ago