╌>

Trumpism And Support For Trump Is Built On Lies And Endless Conspiracy Theories And Disinformation

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  71 comments

Trumpism And Support For Trump Is Built On Lies And Endless Conspiracy Theories And Disinformation
He accepts the part of the Mueller report that concluded he did not conspire with the Russians during the 2016 campaign, but he does not accept the part of the Mueller report that conclusively determined that Russia hacked the DNC server.  He has actually and literally taken a debunked conspiracy theory onto the WORLD stage, and in doing so has humiliated this country. 

by John Russell

A conservative Republican congressman named Sean Duffy was on Jake Tapper's sunday show this morning. Of course, per the news of the day he was asked to comment on the admission the other day by White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney that aid was withheld from Ukraine in an effort to get the new Ukranian government to investigate the 2016 election and the "server".  

Mulvaney : “Did he also mention to me in the past that the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely, no question about that. But that’s it and that’s why we held up the money.”

Mulvaney, directly admitted that "we held up the money"  because Trump wanted an investigation of the "DNC server" in relation to Ukraine. 

Congressman Duffy told Jake Tapper that Trump and Mulvaney's position was acceptable because all they want to do is get to the bottom of what happened with the DNC server in 2016. 

The reference to the "DNC server" is, bluntly, a direct reference to the conspiracy theory that Russia did not hack the Democratic National Committee's emails in 2016, but rather that it was an inside job by someone like the murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich, and that a Ukranian individual helped to cover up this fact through his company Crowdstrike. Crowdstrike was hired by the DNC to investigate the hacking. 

Now, let's realize something. The government of the United States has OFFICIALLY rejected Trump's conspiracy theory about Ukraine and the DNC server.  Robert Mueller indicted something like 15 Russians , including Russian military officers, for the DNC hack. Robert Mueller totally dismisses the Seth Rich theory .  He solved the case. The Russians did it. The indictments of the Russians contain elaborate detail of exactly how and when it was done. 

Mueller's findings were accepted by the Department of Justice and the indictments of the Russians for the DNC hack are still in force.  The case, in the sense of the US government not knowing what happened, is over. 

But Trump watches and listens to ,and reads tweets from, far right conspiracy mongers, certainly on a regular basis if not a daily basis. So he wants the "DNC server" investigated.  He accepts the part of the Mueller report that concluded he did not conspire with the Russians during the 2016 campaign, but he does not accept the part of the Mueller report that conclusively determined that Russia hacked the DNC server. 

He has actually and literally taken a debunked conspiracy theory onto the WORLD stage, and in doing so has humiliated this country. 

What has happened to America over the past 3 years is a deepening acceptance of nonsense on the part of Trump supporters. We now have the chief of staff of the president of the United States supporting the investigation of debunked conspiracy theories. We have US congressmen coming on national news programs and suggesting that debunked conspiracy theories need to be investigated based on the whim of Donald Trump. 

One of the defenses Trumpsters advance for his desire for a quid pro quo with Ukraine is that it wasnt about Biden it was about the 2016 election.  As if that makes it better.  If anything, it makes it nuttier.  And more embarrassing, and more alarming.  This is a man who is in the grip of the worst parts of social media.  Trump believes in numerous conspiracy theories, and as the president of the United States and the head of a cult of personality that reveres him, he has the "power" to compel millions of people to repeat these conspiracy theories on the national and world stage.  This is madness. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

We are living out the plot of a political dark comedy satire . Dr Strangelove without the nuclear war. so far. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1    5 years ago

I write factual articles off the top of my head, and you you "wah wah wah"  right wing talking points. 

Are you a supporter of Trump's conspiracy insanity Bugsy? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bugsy @1.1    5 years ago

removed for context

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    5 years ago
off the top of my head

And therin lies the problem.

I have asked you many, many times to provide proof of ANY of your conspiracy theory articles, all of which went poof in a matter of hours. You have never given any, only use the CoC as your excuse to why you can't respond the way you want.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.3    5 years ago

Bugsy, point out anything you like in this article that is not true. 

I dont repeat conspiracy theories. 

The Mueller investigation was neither a conspiracy theory or a hoax. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.3    5 years ago
You have never given any, only use the CoC as your excuse to why you can't respond the way you want.

Well, thats for damn sure. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

Wally, Mick Mulvaney admitted to a quid pro quo with Ukraine based on them investigating something about the 2016 "DNC server". 

That is a debunked conspiracy theory. 

Robert Mueller INDICTED Russians for the very thing that Trump now wants investigated by Ukraine. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    5 years ago
The Mueller investigation was neither a conspiracy theory or a hoax. 

It was based on a hoax.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    5 years ago

I did already, but you had it deleted. I will, however, repost the biggest thing untrue about the article...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    5 years ago
I did already, but you had it deleted.

Bugsy, I did not flag you. But if you say it again I will.  How about that? lol. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    5 years ago

You are hot air. 

I write articles, you complain inanely. Not really a fair fight. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.9    5 years ago

What was the hoax involved in the hacking of the DNC server? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.14  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
No one was indicted because of the fake dossier that  Hillary paid for, including Trump

Trump is being impeached , in part, because he believes conspiracy theories such as the one about Seth Rich and the DNC server. 

He's incompetent and doesnt belong in office. 

My article is referring to the DNC server. Do you have anything to add about that? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.15  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    5 years ago
What was the hoax involved in the hacking of the DNC server? 

Nobody said it was not hacked. The question is by whom? Thanks to whatsername Schultz, we may never know. She would not let the FBI look at it, and the FBI took the word of crowdstrike that is was the Russian.

Crappy investigation that was.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.16  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    5 years ago
I write articles, you complain inanely.

Sorry, John. I do not complain. I simply point out how inaccurate you are.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.17  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.15    5 years ago
Nobody said it was not hacked. The question is by whom?
  Hacking into the DNC Network

26. On or about April 18, 2016, the Conspirators hacked into the computers through
their access to the network. The Conspirators then installed and managed different types
of malware (as they did in the network) to explore the DNC network and steal documents.
a. On or about April 18, 2016, the Conspirators activated X-Agent?s keylog and
screenshot functions to steal credentials of a employee who was authorized
to access the DNC network. The Conspirators hacked into the DNC network from
the network using stolen credentials. By in or around June 2016, they
gained access to approximately thirty?three DNC computers.
b. In or around April 2016, the Conspirators installed X-Agent malware on the DNC
network, including the same versions installed on the network.
MALYSHEV and his co-conspirators monitored the X-Agent malware from the
AMS panel and captured data from the victim computers. The AMS panel collected
thousands of keylo and screenshot results from the and DNC computers,
such as a screenshot and keystroke capture of Employee 2 viewing the
online banking information.

Theft of and DNC Documents

27. The Conspirators searched for and identi?ed computers within the and DNC
networks that stored information related to the 2016 US. presidential election. For example, on
or about April 15, 2016, the Conspirators searched one hacked computer for terms that
included ?hillary,? ?cruz,? and ?trump.? The Conspirators also copied select folders,

including ?Benghazi Investigations.? The Conspirators targeted computers containing information

such as opposition research and ?eld operation plans for the 2016 elections.

28. To enable them to steal a large number of documents at once without detection, the
Conspirators used a publicly available tool to gather and compress multiple documents on the
and DNC networks. The Conspirators then used other GRU malware, known as
?X-Tunnel,? to move the stolen documents outside the and DNC networks through
channels.

a. For example, on or about April 22, 2016, the Conspirators compressed gigabytes
of data from DNC computers, including opposition research. The Conspirators
later moved the compressed DNC data using X-Tunnel to a GRU-leased computer
located in Illinois.

b. On or about April 28, 2016, the Conspirators connected to and tested the same
computer located in Illinois. Later that day, the Conspirators used X?Tunnel to
connect to that computer to steal additional documents from the network.

29. Between on or about May 25, 2016 and June 1, 2016, the Conspirators hacked the DNC
Microso? Exchange Server and stole thousands of emails from the work accounts of DNC
employees. During that time, YERMAKOV researched PowerShell commands related to
accessing and managing the Microsoft Exchange Server.

30. On or about May 30, 2016, 1V1ALYSHEV accessed the AMS panel in order to upgrade
custom AMS software on the server. That day, the AMS panel received updates from
approximately thirteen different X-Agent malware implants on and DNC computers.

31. During the hacking of the and DNC networks, the Conspirators covered their tracks
by intentionally deleting logs and computer ?les. For example, on or about May 13, 2016, the

Conspirators cleared the event logs from a DNC computer. On or about June 20, 2016, the

etc. etc.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.18  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.17    5 years ago

The indictments by Mueller describe exactly how and when the Russians hacked the DNC computers. 

Trump, who undoubtedly knows absolutely nothing about this, insists on emabarrassing the United States, and putting his presidency in jeopardy , by asking a foreign government to get involved in promoting a conspiracy theory. 

Its insane. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.19  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.17    5 years ago

I read almost the entirety of your link. This little tidbit stood out...(emphasis mine)

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller moved with his usual combination of patience and strict operational security, and even though Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein briefed President Trump on the coming action before the Leaker in Chief left town, the matter held until Rosenstein disclosed it at a Justice Department press conference".

The author of this article clearly has deep biases.

Crowdstrike is mentioned in the article as the company that was used to look into the hacking. Why did Whatsername deny the access to the server to the FBI?

My opinion is there is something on that server that is damning to Hillary and/or her minions concerning their work with Ukraine and Steele to get dirt on Trump. More than likely, the Hillary campaign paid crowdstrike to keep their mouths shut and just say "The Russians did it", and the FBI, because of the higher tier biases, took their word.

THIS is why Trump is interested in the server. Even though the article says there is no genuine attempt by Ukraine to hack the servers, there are still questions of what role Ukraine played.

Trump, as a victim of a hoax, has every right to have his personal lawyer look into exactly what happened during the 2016 election. This has nothing to do with the 2020 election, unless Biden is hiding something and he is trying everything he can to keep what he knows/did under wraps, with the pretense that Trump is trying to manipulate the 2020 election.

Of course, his minions and the lemming media are following through as ordered.

Now, go ahead and insult me and describe what I am as a Trump supporter. I know you have to in every post.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.18    5 years ago

Mueller was also ordered by a judge to stop claiming that the hackers were controlled by the Russian government because he didn't have evidence to support it. 

Recall, the day after the Judge ordered him to stop claiming the Russian government was behind the hacking or face sanctions, he gave his "press conference" where he made that point explicitly.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.21  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.19    5 years ago
Crowdstrike is mentioned in the article as the company that was used to look into the hacking. Why did Whatsername deny the access to the server to the FBI?

My opinion is there is something on that server that is damning to Hillary and/or her minions concerning their work with Ukraine and Steele to get dirt on Trump. More than likely, the Hillary campaign paid crowdstrike to keep their mouths shut and just say "The Russians did it", and the FBI, because of the higher tier biases, took their word.

THIS is why Trump is interested in the server. Even though the article says there is no genuine attempt by Ukraine to hack the servers, there are still questions of what role Ukraine played.

Trump, as a victim of a hoax, has every right to have his personal lawyer look into exactly what happened during the 2016 election.

What hoax? All you are doing is regurgitating a conspiracy theory. Saying there is a hoax is not evidence of a hoax. Its a conspiracy theory. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.22  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.21    5 years ago

Sorry, John, but the entire PREMISE of the Mueller investigation was a hoax.

Hell, even Mueller didn't even know what was in his report, and probably never intended to know what was in it. He simply let his 18 angry democrats do what they ewanted, and they couldn't even make up wrongdoing by Trump or his campaign.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.23  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.19    5 years ago
Kevin Poulsen  Sr. National Security Correspondent  Updated 10.16.19 12:47PM ET / Published 09.25.19 4:38PM ET 
Kevin Poulsen
Crowdstrike: The Truth About Trump’s Insane Ukraine ‘Server’ Conspiracy
Update:   President Donald Trump on Wednesday once again promoted the baseless idea that a Democratic National Commitee server that was hacked in 2016 is being held in Ukraine. Below is a story The Daily Beast published last month about this conspiracy theory amid revelations that Trump asked the president of Ukraine to investigate it.

Donald Trump asked for more than a criminal investigation of his political opponent’s son in his call with Ukraine’s president. Trump also sought help in reviving a long-ago debunked conspiracy theory that challenges the basic underpinnings of the   U.S. intelligence community’s findings   on Russia’s 2016 election interference, in a bizarre spectacle that sees an American president trying to conscript a foreign leader into undermining his own intelligence agencies.

“I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike,” Trump said, according to a compilation of notes on the call released by the White House. “I guess you have one of your wealthy people. The server, they say Ukraine has it.”

To those not versed in fringe-right canon, it’s a curious thing to say. “It almost sounds like he was babbling to the president of Ukraine,” said   Robert Johnston , CEO of Adlumin, who led the DNC breach investigation while at Crowdstrike. “I imagine it would have confused the Ukranian president. Like, ‘What are you talking about?’”

Conservative websites are spinning the odd exchange as a reference to a Justice Department investigation ordered by William Barr into the origins of the Mueller probe. “It is unclear specifically what Trump was referring to with Crowdstrike,” reads   one article   in this vein on The Federalist. In truth, it’s actually quite clear. Trump is referencing a conspiracy theory pushed by Russian trolls and far-right pundits that imagines the Democratic National Committee fabricating all the evidence in Russia’s 2016 breach of the DNC network.  

“Trump has shown a pronounced preference for the pretend version of events.”

The hoax has its roots in a GRU persona, “ Guccifer 2.0 ,” created to cast doubt on Russia’s culpability in the DNC hack. Today it’s buttressed by deceptive blog posts, memes, and putative forensic analysis of metadata in documents leaked from the DNC and John Podesta intrusions, and has spun out several related theories and offshoots, including the Seth Rich hoax that blames the hack on a slain DNC staffer with previously-unknown hacking skills.

Crowdstrike enters the picture because it’s the security firm the DNC hired to investigate the breach back in 2016, and the first of many to identify Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, as the perpetrator. A publicly-traded company headquartered in California, Crowdstrike has nothing to do with Ukraine, except in conspiracyland, which pretends that Crowdstrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch is Ukrainian, and that he framed Russia for election interference both on the DNC’s orders and to punish Putin for invading his homeland.

In real life, Alperovitch is an American citizen born in Russia who escaped to the U.S. with his family during the Soviet era. But Trump has shown a pronounced preference for the pretend version. 

“Why wouldn’t Podesta and Hillary Clinton allow the FBI to see the server?” Trump asked the AP in 2017. “They brought in another company that I hear is Ukrainian-based… I heard it’s owned by a very rich Ukrainian, that’s what I heard.”

The “server” in the conspiracy is the hacked DNC server that the Democrats, the claim goes, won’t let the FBI examine because it would expose their elaborate plot. “What is the server saying?” Trump asked in one tweet last year. 

That part’s   made up, too . The DNC turned down one unusual FBI request early in the hack investigation. The bureau wanted access to the DNC’s network while the Russians were still in it, most likely to stage a counter operation against the GRU. The DNC declined, perhaps reluctant to have two intelligence agencies playing capture-the-flag in their systems five months before a presidential election. The DNC later authorized Crowdstrike to share full copies of the hacked servers with the bureau, giving the FBI access to the same evidence Crowdstrike had. 

“With regards to our investigation of the DNC hack in 2016, we provided all forensic evidence and analysis to the FBI,” Crowdstrike said in a statement Wednesday. “As we’ve stated before, we stand by our findings and conclusions that have been fully supported by the US Intelligence community.”

In truth, Crowdstrike’s findings were never controversial among security experts, and they were later confirmed by FBI agents with access to the same evidence, as well as additional evidence Crowdstrike never had. In October 2018, Robert Mueller indicted 12 GRU officers for the DNC intrusion and hacks targeting John Podesta and the DCCC.

Today the secret server hoax is mostly confined to the very edge of the conservative fringe, though it’s made an appearance in court. Indicted former Trump campaign advisor Roger Stone has been using the theory to try and get evidence against him thrown out of court, even filing an affidavit written by William Binney, one of the conspiracy theory’s most dogged advocates.  Last week the federal judge overseeing Stone’s obstruction of justice case rejected his motion without ruling on the conspiracy theory itself.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.24  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.22    5 years ago
Sorry, John, but the entire PREMISE of the Mueller investigation was a hoax. Hell, even Mueller didn't even know what was in his report, and probably never intended to know what was in it. He simply let his 18 angry democrats do what they ewanted, and they couldn't even make up wrongdoing by Trump or his campaign.

This is why it is a waste of time to engage you. Seriously, you arent up to it. 

All you do is mouth right wing talking points. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.25  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.23    5 years ago

A few things about your cut and paste...with no link to where you got it..

1. Like I said, no link

2. It was written by a known far leftist.

3. The Daily Beast published it.

4. It is opinion only, with quotes from other far leftists to back up the original far leftist narrative..

5. Anytime a leftist says something is "debunked", you can bet it hasn't, and the allegations are more than likely true.

6. And as a kicker to my previous post, you don't deny that the PREMISE of the Mueller probe was a hoax.

You lose....again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.26  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.23    5 years ago
Trump’s ‘Missing DNC Server’ Is Neither Missing Nor a Server

Donald Trump turns to right-wing conspiracy theories when he’s cornered, and he was cornered on Monday.   Standing feet away from Vladimir Putin   at a press conference following their Helsinki tete-a-tete, a reporter challenged Trump to condemn Putin for Russia’s election interference, “in front of the world.” Instead, the world watched as the president of the United States took Putin’s side against his own Justice Department and his own   intelligence agencies , and launched into a rambling discourse about Hillary Clinton’s emails and a supposedly missing DNC server that hides the truth about   Putin’s innocence .

“You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why didn’t they take the server? Where is the server, I want to know, and what is the server saying?”

The server is saying shut up.

The “server” Trump is obsessed with is actually 140 servers, most of them cloud-based, which the DNC was forced to decommission in June 2016 while trying to   rid its network of the Russian GRU officers   working to help Trump win the election, according to the figures in the DNC’s civil lawsuit against Russia and the Trump campaign. Another 180 desktop and laptop computers were also swapped out as the DNC raced to get the organization back on its feet and free of Putin’s surveillance.

But despite Trump’s repeated feverish claims to the contrary, no machines are actually missing.

“Despite Trump’s repeated feverish claims to the contrary, no machines are actually missing.”

It’s true that the FBI doesn’t have the DNC’s computer hardware. Agents didn’t sweep into DNC headquarters, load up all the equipment and leave Democrats standing stunned beside empty desks and dangling cables. There’s a reason for that, and it has nothing to do with a deep state conspiracy to frame Putin.

Trump and his allies are capitalizing on a basic misapprehension of how computer intrusion investigations work. Investigating a virtual crime isn’t a like investigating a murder. The Russians didn’t leave DNA evidence on the server racks and fingerprints on the keyboards. All the evidence of their comings and goings was on the computer hard drives, and in memory, and in the ephemeral network transmissions to and from the GRU’s command-and-control servers.

When cyber investigators respond to an incident, they capture that evidence in a process called “imaging.” They make an exact byte-for-byte copy of the hard drives. They do the same for the machine’s memory, capturing evidence that would otherwise be lost at the next reboot, and they monitor and store the traffic passing through the victim’s network. This has been standard procedure in computer intrusion investigations for decades. The images, not the computer’s hardware, provide the evidence.

Both the DNC and the security firm   Crowdstrike , hired to respond to the breach, have said repeatedly over the years that they gave the FBI a copy of all the DNC images back in 2016. The DNC reiterated that Monday in a statement to the Daily Beast.

“The FBI was given images of servers, forensic copies, as well as a host of other forensic information we collected from our systems,” said Adrienne Watson, the DNC’s deputy communications director. “We were in close contact and worked cooperatively with the FBI and were always responsive to their requests. Any suggestion that they were denied access to what they wanted for their investigation is completely incorrect.”

The FBI declined comment for this story, but in   testimony   before the House Intelligence Committee last year, then-director James Comey said that Crowdstrike “ultimately shared with us their forensics.”

At that same hearing, Comey complained that the DNC didn’t give the FBI direct access to the DNC’s servers. It’s unclear why Comey wanted the FBI operating on the DNC’s live network, but if the DNC demurred it wouldn’t be an unusual call, particularly five months before election day.

“The FBI is looking to investigate and prosecute crimes, and we’re looking to return a system to operation as quickly as possible with minimal impact,” said Rendition Infosec’s Jake Williams, one of several incident response professionals interviewed for this story. “I can tell you honestly that had I been part of that incident response, I would not have advocated calling in the FBI. Every minute the FBI spends keeping the actors in play, that’s a minute I don’t get back in prepping for the election. I would absolutely have shared images with them.”

Kenn White, a security expert and former DHS adviser, agreed that the FBI wouldn’t have expected direct access to DNC’s computers, “The FBI had one of the best cyber security firms in the world giving them forensics, and going in depth and reverse engineering to the byte level these implants and turning it over.”

In some versions of the servergate conspiracy theory now espoused by Trump, nothing less than physical possession of the hardware will suffice, because Crowdstrike, a respected security firm helmed by a former senior FBI agent, might be part of the deep state’s efforts to frame Putin. White scoffs at that notion, noting that National Republican Congressional Committee is one of Crowdstrike’s customers .

“I’ve done incident response for defense contractors and healthcare groups, this is all standard practice,” said White. “It’s completely defensible in terms of best practices and what was going on.”

“We were in close contact and worked cooperatively with the FBI. Any suggestion that they were denied access to what they wanted for their investigation is completely incorrect.”
—DNC's Adrienne Watson

It’s also consistent with the Department of Justice’s electronic evidence manual , which recommends capturing images when practical even when the FBI is executing a search warrant against a uncooperative suspect. When the computers belong to a cooperating victim, seizing the machines is pretty much out of the question, said James Harris, a former FBI cybercrime agent who worked on a 2009 breach at Google that’s been linked to the Chinese government.

“In most cases you don’t even ask, you just assume you’re going to make forensic copies,” said Harris, now vice president of engineering at PFP Cyber. “For example when the Google breach happened back in 2009, agents were sent out with express instructions that you image what they allow you to image, because they’re the victim, you don’t have a search warrant, and you don’t want to disrupt their business.”

There’s a final bit of evidence that the FBI got what it wanted from the DNC, and it was filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. last Friday: 29-pages of inside details showing exactly how and when the GRU’s hackers moved through the DNC’s network on their mission to help Trump.

If the president really wants to know what the DNC server is saying, it’s all in the indictment against Putin’s hackers. He just has to listen.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.27  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.26    5 years ago

Another cut and paste with no link.

The very last sentence is BS in the least.

Like Sean said above, a judge ordered Mueller to stop accusing the Russian government of hacking when he had no evidence of it. Mueller indicted some companies and those companies fought back. Mueller and his 18 democrats were surprised they did that.

Funny how we never hear about any charges against Russian companies anymore.

Wonder why that is?

John..truly..I am trying to get you to stop the nonsense. It puts you in a constant bad light.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.28  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.25    5 years ago

I have yet to see you make any actual point on any of these seeds. Maybe I am missing your better efforts. Not sure. 

Just calling something a hoax doesnt cut it in any way shape or form. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.29  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.25    5 years ago
1. Like I said, no link

This is of course nonsense. There has always been a link at the bottom of 1.1.23

You need to up your game. 

6. And as a kicker to my previous post, you don't deny that the PREMISE of the Mueller probe was a hoax

Pathetic is too good a word to describe that comment. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.30  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.27    5 years ago

Oh by the way this is a link

Thats why it is in blue and opens up a new tab or window when you click on it. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.31  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.28    5 years ago

[deleted]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.32  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    5 years ago

Aj c'mon John-- don't embarress him publicly-- by making him stick to actual facts!

That would be unnecessarily cruel-- and unfair!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.33  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.31    5 years ago
Until then, I am done.

Thank God, I dont think we can take too much more of your brilliant analysis . s. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.34  bugsy  replied to  Krishna @1.1.32    5 years ago

I can assure you John is not embarrassing anyone but himself. Besides, how do you embarrass yourself to 10 people, tops.

Now, about your butt in. Read 1.1.19 and your question will be answered.

If you don't like what I said, too bad.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.35  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.34    5 years ago
During the July 25, 2019, phone call between Trump and Zelensky, Trump referred to a far-right  conspiracy theory  pushed by  internet trolls , right-wing blogs, and right-wing news websites. This conspiracy theory concerns  CrowdStrike , the  cybersecurity  and  internet security  firm that first investigated the 2015–2016 hacking of the  Democratic National Committee  (DNC) network and determined that  Russian military intelligence  (GRU) was behind  these cyber attacks .

Tom Bossert , Trump's former  Homeland Security Advisor , stated in an interview with  ABC News George Stephanopoulos  that Trump was repeatedly warned by his staff that the CrowdStrike conspiracy theory was "completely debunked". Of the conspiracy theory, Stephanopoulos said: "The details are both convoluted and false." Bossert blamed Giuliani for Trump's fixation upon the conspiracy theory.

The overarching theme of this conspiracy theory is that the DNC fabricated evidence to implicate Russia in the cyber attacks. CrowdStrike's co-founder,  Dmitri Alperovitch , is a naturalized American citizen born in the Soviet Union. According to the hoax, Alperovitch is a Ukrainian who was ordered by the DNC to discredit Russia for the  election interference , and he was personally motivated to get even with  Vladimir Putin . Also, according to the theory, CrowdStrike is owned by a rich Ukrainian  and the actual server involved in the cyber attack is in Ukraine.

CrowdStrike is actually a publicly traded company headquartered in California. "The" server is actually 140 servers, decommissioned and located in the United States. The theory additionally says FBI agents were not allowed to examine the server because such action would expose the DNC plot, although in fact—and as documented in the  Mueller Report images  and  traffic logs  of the DNC servers were provided to the FBI. This conspiracy theory originated from a "GRU persona, ' Guccifer 2.0 ', created to cast doubt on Russia's culpability in the DNC [intrusion]."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.36  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.34    5 years ago

I think you have embarrassed yourself enough for one afternoon Bugsy.  Don't fret though, tomorrow is another day. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.37  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.19    5 years ago
there are still questions of what role Ukraine played.

Why? What questions? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.38  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.35    5 years ago

Sorry but wikipedia is not a trusted source. Anyone can go on there and change a narrative to their needs.

How do we know you are not one of them on this subject?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago

Some of trump's ridiculous conspiracy theories:

- Ted Cruz's father's connection to JFK's assassination. (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Obama not born in the USA. (No proof or evidence provided by trump, but did finally admit that Obama was born in the USA, (which means he admitted he lied))

- Bill Clinton's aides suicide. (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Syrian refugees are ISIS terrorists. (No proof or evidence provided by trump. Most have realized that trump uses this excuse to justify banning Muslims)

- ISIS linked terrorist attempted to attack trump while on stage. (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Questions Anton Scalia's death. Trump claimed he was murdered, yet law enforcement stated clearly that there was no foul play. 

- Vaccines cause autism. False and debunked over and over again. Trump knows it, but he floated the conspiracy anyway. 

- Muslims were cheering in Manhattan on 9/11/01. (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Wives of 9/11 attackers were flown out of the USA days before the attack. (No proof or evidence provided by trump) 

- Climate change is a Chinese hoax. It isn't. and once again... (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Asbestos isn't bad for you, (paraphrasing). Trump has flipped on this issue after he was forced to remove asbestos from some of his buildings, which saw an increase in revenue. 

- Marco Rubio not eligible to run for president. (No proof or evidence provided by trump) 

- Fox News is partially owned by a Saudi Prince. Proven false, but...(No proof or evidence provided by trump)

- Claims access hollywood tapes weren't really him, (after saying it was him). Maybe it was "John Miller"? 

- Claims Joe Scarborough killed one of his interns. Proven false. 

- Claimed that Obama has his phone wiretapped. Proven false.

- 3,000,000 million illegals voted in the 2016 election. Trump's own commission spent a year investigating this and found no evidence of illegals voting. (In fact, there were 6 cases for voter fraud in the 2016 election, 4 of which were trying to vote twice for trump). 

- Claims 3,000 people didn't die in Puerto Rico. (No proof or evidence provided by trump) And lets be honest here, did trump go down there and count the corpses? Yea, like he would do that.

- Windmills cause cancer. (No proof or evidence provided by trump) My personal favorite. 

- Clintons killed Jeffery Epstein. (No proof or evidence provided by trump) I am sure that the Clintons walked into a jail, killed a guy that was on 30 minute checks, and walked back out with absolutely no one seeing them. 

- Biden's did illegal "stuff" in the Ukraine. (No proof or evidence provided by trump, and there is still zero evidence)

- Claims Ukraine has Hillary's emails. (No proof or evidence provided by trump)

I left out one or two because they were just plain stupid. 

The truly sad part is that most of his base actually believes these hoaxes/fake news. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @2    5 years ago

I have no idea how ANYONE could support Donald Trump , or continue to support Donald Trump, in the face of such facts as what you just showed, and what I said in the article. 

The Republicans need to nominate someone else in 2020,  unless the impeachment process makes that moot. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

”I have no idea how ANYONE could support Donald Trump”.

Judging by this article it is evident you don’t. You do a terrible job of representing their views. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1.1    5 years ago

So your argument is that it is ok to have someone in charge of our country who is mentally and psychologically divorced from reality as much as Trump is, as long as he cuts your taxes. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

The Republicans need to nominate someone else in 2020,  unless the impeachment process makes that moot. 

True. As of now, all they have is Sanford and Trump. I am beginning to wonder if the GOP has any candidates that haven't cheated on their wives. 

Was talking to my neighbor the other day and she said she just doesn't understand how any woman could vote for trump. I've said it before i'll say it again. If Obama had done even a 10th the shit trump has pulled on an almost daily basis, he would have been impeached before his first week was up. Trump commits crimes, in the open, has it confirmed by multiple people in his own staff and by trump himself on live national TV and his supporters STILL say he did nothing wrong???!!!

WTF???!!!!!!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.6  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
There has be a good reason to impeach,

So if in the future a dem president withholds taxpayer funded funding for another country until they do investigations on political rivals, (which is for personal gain), you'll be fine with it? 

Incidentally, Wally, you are aware that using taxpayers money to fund a political campaign is....illegal, right? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

Support for Trump is built on lower taxes, strong immigration policy, conservative Federal court justices and fighting socialism. The author is out of touch with Trump supporters. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    5 years ago

The author reads horsecrap from Trump supporters every day, here and elsewhere.  So the author knows how Trump supporters express themselves. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

The author reads horsecrap from Trump supporters every day, here and elsewhere.  So the author knows how Trump supporters express themselves. 

Hard to be patient with them when they are actively wishing trump would break even more laws as long as it keeps trumpy in office. Pretty sad that they hold our laws in such contempt. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    5 years ago
Support for Trump is built on lower taxes,

Which the rich got.

strong immigration policy,

We had more illegals leaving the country than coming into the country under Obama, (that's why the illegals called him the, "Deporter-In-Chief"). The huge surge of illegals came AFTER trump took office. Did you ever stop and ask yourself WHY that is the case?

conservative Federal court justices and fighting socialism.

So you want politically biased judges? Sad that you don't want judges who rule on the letter of the law. Socialism? Trump IS a socialist. 

Examples:

- Attacking companies like Google, Twitter, Amazon and Facebook, then threatening to break them up. 

- Telling the NBA and NFL which players should be fired.

- Tariffs.

- Paying farmers BILLIONS of dollars because they are going broke because of the tariffs.

- Attempting to get Carrier to not ship jobs to Mexico.

Etc. Etc. Etc....

One of the core beliefs of Socialism is government's role in private business. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @3.2    5 years ago

Mr. Frost: “Which the rich got”                                      “Uh-huh. That's been the standard liberal riff for the last couple of years as they try to explain how a president who they said would create a second Great Depression has created boom times with the lowest inflation and unemployment in half a century.

Gigantic Income Gains               But Not A Word Of This Is True, According To New Census Bureau Data On The Incomes Of America's Middle Class. This Study By Former Census Bureau Researchers And Now Statisticians At Sentier Research Has Found Gigantic Income Gains For The Middle Class Under Trump. 

The median or average-income family has seen a gain of $5,003 since Trump came into office. Median family income is now (August 2019) $65,976, up from about $61,000 when he entered office (January 2017).

MORE ON FOXBUSINESS.COM ...

Under George W. Bush, the household income gains were a little over $400 in eight years, and under Barack Obama the gains were $1,043. That was in eight years for each. Under Trump, in less than three years, the extra income is about three times larger.

These gains under Trump are so large in such a short period of time that I asked the Sentier Research team to triple-check the numbers. Sure enough, on each occasion, the income swing was $5,000.

This is a bonanza for the middle class, and the extra income in tens of millions of Americans' pockets is getting spent. Consumers are king in America today”  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    5 years ago

You know it is hard for them to accept when they are actively hoping for a recession.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    5 years ago
Uh-huh. That's been the standard liberal riff for the last couple of years as they try to explain how a president who they said would create a second Great Depression has created boom times with the lowest inflation and unemployment in half a century.

Yea, it's also been proven. Nice try though.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    5 years ago

You are exactly right and here’s the proof.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    5 years ago

Heartland American, doesnt it embarrass the beejesus out of you that Trump is calling for an investigation into something that the US government has already concluded is incorrect and is a far right conspiracy theory? 

Not only is Trump in denial of what the DOJ concluded about the "DNC server" , he is asking a foreign government to investigate it as a way of discrediting the DNC (his election opponents) , which is illegal.

Seriously, how do you defend this shit?  And dont talk about unemployment. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.3.2    5 years ago

The only one in the government who discredited the Mueller report is the nutcase conspiracy goof Donald Trump. 

Mueller indicted Russians for the same thing Trump wants Ukraine to investigate. 

But thanks for letting us know that Trump supporters are just as I describe them in the title of the article. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.1    5 years ago

Why not talk about record low unemployment?  How about wage increases?  Tax cuts?  Regulation reduction? Energy independence?  Revival of American manufacturing?  Lots of great judicial appointments?  Defending our border?  ICE?  Revitalization of our military? Standing up to other countries for fair trade? More than enough to re-elect the President  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    5 years ago
Mulvaney, directly admitted that "we held up the money"  because Trump wanted an investigation of the "DNC server" in relation to Ukraine. 

The nutters next defense? "But he didn't specifically say, "quid pro quo", so that's not what it is!!!" Or maybe they will use their old fallback, "What you are seeing and hearing isn't what's going on!!!". Suppose they could also go with, "truth isn't truth" again. Or, "alternative facts"? 

If trump at a live human baby on fox and friends, his base would find some way to justify it.