╌>

Eric Trump Complains That 'Every Family in Politics Enriches Themselves,' Saying 'It Is Sickening'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  63 comments

Eric Trump Complains That 'Every Family in Politics Enriches Themselves,' Saying 'It Is Sickening'
Why is it that every family in politics enriches themselves?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump's son Eric Trump complained about families involved with politics enriching themselves, saying "it is sickening."

"It can't happen in politics on any side of the aisle," Trump, who is a vice president of his father's company the Trump Organization, lamented in an interview with Fox News host Jeanine Pirro on Saturday evening.

During the interview, Trump and Pirro complained about former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden serving on the boards of numerous companies and international organizations.

The president's son argued that he'd "be in jail" if he was behaving in the same manner as Biden's son. "Why is it that every family in politics enriches themselves?" Trump asked. "It is sickening."

Critics of the Trump family would find the president's son accusations quite bizarre, as the family has widely been seen to use the White House as a way of enriching themselves. Donald Trump, going against long-standing precedent, refused to step aside as the sole-owner of his family-run business when he took office. The president delegated day-to-day management responsibilities to his sons, and has insisted that he's not involved with decision making.

But the president and his family have been accused by ethics experts and legal scholars of violating the Constitution's emoluments clauses, which prohibit the president from using his office for self-enrichment. Foreign governments, such as Saudi Arabia, have spent large amounts of money booking hotel rooms at the president's hotels. Several embassies have also shifted their annual parties to be held at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. since he took office.

The Trump administration announced last week that it would host the annual G-7 Summit at the president's Doral golf resort in Florida. Ethics experts and many lawmakers slammed the decision, forcing the administration to backtrack.

"Based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020," Donald Trump tweeted. The president said officials "will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately."

Although the Trump Organization has insisted that it will not launch any new foreign business ventures while Donald Trump serves as president, that hasn't prevented the company from moving forward with multiple overseas projects that began while he was a candidate. Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter who serves as a White House adviser, has also seen numerous new trademarks approved by the Chinese government as her father remains embroiled in a trade war with the country.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Is it illegal to want to slap the stupid out of this fool?  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

You shouldn't even need to ask. But given the way the left view violence these days better to be safe. Yes, it is illegal. Yes, you will face jail or even prison; as well as being sued by the Trump family.

I find it hilarious the left is bitching about the Trump family enriching themselves after the Clintons and Obamas. 

All the left is really pissed about is Biden stupidly put his foot in his mouth about how he bullied Ukraine. Now his dealings with China are coming out a well. When a Republican does that type of shit they are charged and prosecuted. When a Democratic does it the left claims it is just plain free enterprise.

I expected campaign finance reform and new laws governing how politicians can use their powers to enrich themselves while in office, as Trump would push the boundary past what all others in office had done. Instead we get jack shit of nothing. Just leftist outrage that it is a Republican doing it while ignoring their own violations. I am sure the Democrats are taking notes on how to really milk the system for when they are back in charge.

Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter who serves as a White House adviser, has also seen numerous new trademarks approved by the Chinese government as her father remains embroiled in a trade war with the country.

Is the Trump merchandise under the same tariffs as everyone's else? Yes, yes it is. Tariffs do not stop any companies from doing business from China.  There is just an added tax when the goods enter the country. The article tries to conflate a tariff with an embargo. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago

So Ronin-- I see you're back at it again-- posting more nonsense from your Spam folder!  jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    5 years ago
So Ronin-- I see you're back at it again-- posting more nonsense from your Spam folder!

Who was it on NT-- who first noticed that?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago
But given the way the left view violence these days better to be safe. Yes, it is illegal. Yes, you will face jail or even prison; as well as being sued by the Trump family.

You misspelled right wing...

Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago
I find it hilarious the left is bitching about the Trump family enriching themselves after the Clintons and Obamas.

Did you read the article?  Eric Trump is the one doing the bitching. 

PS:  The Clinton's and Obama's are no longer in office.  Didn't you get the memo? 

Professor Guide
1.1.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    5 years ago
You misspelled right wing...

Ha!

Although his/her first goof was to answer a rhetorical question.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.7  Don Overton  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.1.4    5 years ago

Pure ignorance 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago
Is it illegal to want to slap the stupid out of this fool?  

Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt...and assume he has a really excellent sense of humor?

Why is it that every family in politics enriches themselves?

When i read that i had a good laugh :-)

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @1.2    5 years ago
When i read that i had a good laugh

I'll see your good laugh and raise you 2 eyeballs spinning in the same socket!  I'm serious, I spent 5 full minutes looking for the sarc tag/hidden camera/men in white coats/pearly gates/etc. before I seeded the article.  I just knew for sure someone was having a giggle at my expense.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    5 years ago

I clicked the link to the article, totally expecting "The Onion".

I don't know how anybody could listen to him and not want to give him that slap on the back of the head. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

I love ya more than my luggage, but in this case, I don't think anything would help.

Hell, he might even like it.

Professor Guide
1.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @1.3    5 years ago
I don't think anything would help.

I have to agree.  I'm pretty sure his stupid is there to stay.  I wouldn't mind getting a few slaps in just for the hell of it.   

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.4  charger 383  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

the number of politicians needing that treatment is very high  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

look up the word doofus in the dictionary and it just shows his picture, no text needed

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

It is a long standing tactic of Trump and his spawn to accuse others of the very wrongdoings they are involved in themselves. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
It is a long standing tactic of Trump and his spawn to accuse others of the very wrongdoings they are involved in themselves. 

Good point.

I've noticed that ... definitely a strong pattern . . . 

What's amazing are his groupies (AKA "his base")-- gullible people who actually believe everything he says-- no matter how ridiculous!

CB
Professor Principal
2.3  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

We need to not allow these kind of projections to stand at least on NT anyway. The Trumps are fond of useless comparisons which suit their special intentions and purposes. A child can poke a hole through them (and roll its eyes over it too) and. . . to have grown men and women on social media boards trying to 'rap' truth about the head and shoulders due to something specious coming out of a Trump is a gross misuse of time and digits!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

I heard that he was put in charge of a one-car funeral and fucked it up. LOL nepotism at it's finest.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    5 years ago

Poor Eric. The idiot son. All upset at not being able to fleece taxpayers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @4    5 years ago

That's because he's too stupid to figure out how

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

Maybe he can go to China and sell green cards for 500k a pop like his brother did. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

Taking into consideration America's present hatred of China (which is bound to seep over to hatred of the Chinese people themselves), he might not be so lucky.  If I were Chinese I would much rather move to Canada, and if I had so much money that I would pay that much for a green card I'd move to Singapore.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    5 years ago
If I were Chinese I would much rather move to Canada,

Yes-- but an hour later-- you'd be hungry again!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    5 years ago
If I were Chinese I would much rather move to Canada

At least then you could watch youtube. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    5 years ago

Shouldn't that be "I'd want to move again"?

As for watching YouTube, at least I'd be able to stop telling members to please identify or explain what they posted.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    5 years ago
Taking into consideration America's present hatred of China (which is bound to seep over to hatred of the Chinese people themselves), he might not be so lucky.  If I were Chinese I would much rather move to Canada, and if I had so much money that I would pay that much for a green card I'd move to Singapore.

Having Canada just across the border has been useful to Americans of various political views at various times. A place to escape to-- or at least claim they will escape to if certain political events transpire. Here are 3 I've heard about:

1. The U.S. entered WWII relatively late because at the time the majority sentiment was extremely isolationist. (Part of this due to the view that the major oceans would protect us from events in the rest of the world). However since Britain was involved, Commonwealth (?) countries like Australia & canada entered the war early.

A fair number of Americans wanted to volunteer to "Fight fascism"-- but since the U.S. military wasn't doing that, a significant number of Americans crossed the border into Canada to enlist.

(cont'd in next comment)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.4    5 years ago

(cont'd from comment # 5.1.4)

Having Canada just across the border has been useful to Americans of various political views at various times. A place to escape to-- or at least claim they will escape to if certain political events transpire. Here are 3 I've heard about:

2. .During the Viet-Nam War, many Americans strongly opposed the war. And the draft. So they crossed the border into Canada for that purpose. (I have had friends that did that-- most never came back).

3. Obama's upcoming election really freaked out many racists in the U.S. So there were constant proclamations that America wouldn't be a fit place to live in if it was run by a N*gger  & that they would move to Canada if he was elected. (The best evidence is that few if any actually did).

I could be wrong, but it seems "escaping" to canada-- or even threatening to do so-- has become much less common in recent years. I don't know why-- maybe its because now we have the Interent so its so easy to just while away one's life online constantly whining about how The World isn't doing its job of working to make you happy!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1.5    5 years ago

I too had a number of Vietnam War draft dodger friends who came to Toronto and the hippie communes in the remote rural Killaloe Ontario area.  In fact I formed a company with two of them to run a store in Toronto that was quite successful.

What you didn't mention are the many who said that if Trump were elected they would move to Canada and I believe some actually did.  There was a town in the Maritime Provinces that advertised that if Americans moved there they would get some hefty financial benefits.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Is he wrong?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

Speaking fees and books.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago
Is he wrong?

Our Bone-Spur-Challenged Commander in Chief-- as well as the rest of the Trump Crime Family-- has violated The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution more than any president in recent history.

(See the irony there?)

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    5 years ago

I love something the Biden 'boy' stated in his interview recently. It's late. So I'll paraphrase. 'I have gotten a lot of good things in my life because of being Joe Biden's son.'

Of course, he means legally , donalders ! I had to reflect about that for a proper minute and I do agree . What is the purpose of being a child of wealth, power, and influence if it means nothing in the scheme of life?

In the light of day - Tuesday. I shall see out and serve up the proper quote.

SleepingSmileyFace.jpg

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  CB @7    5 years ago

Okay. Here is the promised interview for the day from me: Part 1. (of interest to this section)

"Big Daddy," the Trump boys, and the donalders smell 'blood' in the pool around Hunter. . . .  Well, I like this kid's outlook on the 'state of play' and I am already quoting him. That quote I paraphrased @7 is #3:30 in the video.

Interesting. And donalders, Hunter is a "grown-ass" man. He can come go, and do as he sees fit! Your child/ren do: much to your pleasure or horror as the case may be!

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    5 years ago

As they openly flaunt the Trump global empire of real estate, hotels, and resorts in India, Turkey, and floated the idea just within the past 2 weeks of building a resort in Korea. So much for America first. Their entire operation is a roll over ponzi scheme. When one property is failing, they get foreign loans and money to build in another country to prop up the failing property until they can ease out of it. It will fall eventually because there will never be enough money to maintain, pay off loans, and still grow. Doral is failing, the Scottish golf course is failing and who knows how many others? They built a house of cards that is slowing ready to collapse on itself. Taxpayers will not be able to bail them out of it no matter how much the Trump and his family is out there promoting their business abusing their office and connections. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    5 years ago

" Critics of the Trump family would find the president's son accusations quite bizarre, as the family has widely been seen to use the White House as a way of enriching themselves."

It's worked so well for some of the Trump Kids .....hasn't it ?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Trump once called his sons morons in a taped interview.  I guess for once, he told the truth.