╌>

Turns out Hillary Clinton said Republicans — not Russians — were grooming Tulsi Gabbard

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  78 comments

Turns out Hillary Clinton said Republicans — not Russians — were grooming Tulsi Gabbard

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Published:   Oct 24, 2019 12:02 a.m. ET

Corrections from news orgs come a week after original reports sparked a war of words

MW-HT654_gabbar_20191019150959_ZH.jpg?uu AP

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard speaks during the Democratic presidential debate on Oct. 15.

In a curious turn of events, a number of major news organizations ran corrections Wednesday night over week-old reports that sparked a testy war of words between Hillary Clinton and Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.

Last week, a number of media organizations, including the New York Times, CNN and Politico, ran reports saying Clinton told the podcast   “Campaign HQ with David Plouffe”   that Russians were “grooming” a female Democratic candidate — widely assumed to be Gabbard — for a third-party run to play a potential spoiler in the 2020 election.

But apparently Clinton meant Republicans — not Russians — were doing the grooming.

The New York Times ran this correction Wednesday night: “An earlier version of this article described incorrectly an element of Hillary Clinton’s recent comments about Representative Tulsi Gabbard. While Mrs. Clinton said that a Democratic presidential candidate was ‘the favorite of the Russians,’ and an aide later confirmed the reference was to Ms. Gabbard, Mrs. Clinton’s remark about the ‘grooming’ of a third-party candidate in the 2020 race was in response to a question about the Republicans’ strategy, not about Russian intervention.”

The Associated Press said: “In a story Oct. 18 about Tulsi Gabbard and Hillary Clinton, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Hillary Clinton said she believes the Russians have ‘got their eye on somebody who’s currently in the Democratic primary and grooming her to be the third-party candidate.’ She was referring to Republicans, not Russians, according to an aide.”

It was unclear Wednesday night how so many news reports misunderstood Clinton’s quote, or why it took so long to clarify the remarks.

Either way, Clinton’s comments were still a slam on Gabbard, who she referred to as “a favorite of the Russians.” Clinton also called former Green Party candidate Jill Stein “a Russian asset.”

The reports last week sparked a furious response from Gabbard, a Hawaii Democrat, who   in a tweet called Clinton   “the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long.”

Here’s the full quote from the podcast:

Plouffe:   “So [Trump’s] gonna try and drive the people not to vote for him but just to say, ‘you know, you can’t vote for them either.’ And that seems to be, I think, to the extent that I can devine a strategy, their key strategy right now.”

Clinton:   “Well, I think there’s gonna be two parts and I think it’s gonna be the same as 2016: ‘Don’t vote for the other guy. You don’t like me? Don’t vote for the other guy because the other guy is gonna do X, Y and Z or the other guy did such terrible things and I’m gonna show you in these, you know, flashing videos that appear and then disappear and they’re on the dark web, and nobody can find them, but you’re gonna see them and you’re gonna see that person do these horrible things.’

“They’re also gonna do third party again. And I’m not making any predictions but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third party candidate. She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far, and that’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up. Which she might not, ‘cause she’s also a Russian asset.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The New York Times ran this correction Wednesday night: “An earlier version of this article described incorrectly an element of Hillary Clinton’s recent comments about Representative Tulsi Gabbard. While Mrs. Clinton said that a Democratic presidential candidate was ‘the favorite of the Russians,’ and an aide later confirmed the reference was to Ms. Gabbard, Mrs. Clinton’s remark about the ‘grooming’ of a third-party candidate in the 2020 race was in response to a question about the Republicans’ strategy, not about Russian intervention.”

The Associated Press said: “In a story Oct. 18 about Tulsi Gabbard and Hillary Clinton, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Hillary Clinton said she believes the Russians have ‘got their eye on somebody who’s currently in the Democratic primary and grooming her to be the third-party candidate.’ She was referring to Republicans, not Russians, according to an aide.”

It was unclear Wednesday night how so many news reports misunderstood Clinton’s quote, or why it took so long to clarify the remarks.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2  sixpick  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Am I missing something here?  Yuri Bezmenov said they would be so brainwashed you could show them documents, pictures, evidence and even carry them to the concentration camps in the Soviet Union and they would deny they ever existed. 

I guess the NYT has a tremendous amount of faith in the lack of ability of their readers to think on their own.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but what did I hear Hillary Clinton say on this recording?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  sixpick  replied to  sixpick @1.2    5 years ago

So, you say all the other news sources fell right in step?  Lord help us,

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.3  Freewill  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Perhaps they misunderstood it because it didn't really matter who was doing the "grooming".  To Hillary, Trump and Republicans who support him ARE "Russian assets" (or "favorites of the Russians"), despite the conclusions of the Mueller Report and countless other investigations.   Just like Jill Stein and now Tulsi Gabbard are "Russian assets" in her sad little McCarthyesque mind.  You cannot deny that she went on to say that VERY clearly in the Plouffe podcast. 

If you are really stuck on who exactly is doing the "grooming", who is the force behind the curtain pulling the strings in a rather Soviet shadowy backroom sort of way then look no further than Hillary Clinton herself.  Just as she rigged the 2016 primary, she is trying to do the same today.  You did know that Tulsi was one of 5 vice-chairpersons of the DNC, but resigned in February 2016 to back Sanders because she saw the writing on the wall at the DNC.  In the summer of that year Wasserman Shultz resigns when evidence of Clinton favoritism and tampering in the primary surfaces.  Donna Brazile, another vice chair who had served with Tulsi, becomes interim chair after Wasserman Shutltz steps down and later blows the whistle on the entire operation.  Even current Democratic presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren admits the primary was rigged .  Hillary doesn't like Gabbard much because Gabbard knows what Hillary has done, as do many others who were insiders at the DNC running up to the 2016 primaries.  They are probably all "Russian assets" in Clinton's mind.

I agree with Ms. Gabbard, Clinton needs to come out from behind the curtain and face Tulsi on the debate stage rather than engaging in cowardly libel and slander behind the scenes.  Put it all out in the open and let America decide.  Hillary's brand of politics is a KGB wet dream, perhaps she needs to seek a mirror to find the true "Russian asset".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

God I hope Gabbard doesn't get the nomination.  I've never trusted the bitch.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"She was referring to Republicans, not Russians, according to an aide.”

Too Funny ! 

Another one of those Liberal - "What she REALLY MEANT" thingies. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

Too bad they have her own words to use against her. 

She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far, and that’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up. Which she might not, ‘cause she’s also a Russian asset.”

Only the left could try and claim Clinton isn't trying to call her a Russian asset. 

Clinton sees Russians everywhere, yet the left still defends her.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    5 years ago

The Lemming "Aides" (paid by Hillary Clinton) knew she Fucked Up with her "Real" words ….. and need to do MORE "Damage" control for "The Mao" Lady.

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.3    replied to    5 years ago

That's why we are holding Hillary to the same standard that has been expected from Trump the last 3 years.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.4  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
how should we treat one DJT?

"Crappy Treatment" is the 3 year deal so far !

Is there a more severe way to do it that's Better" ?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ronin2  replied to    5 years ago

We had the worst two possible main party candidates ever in Hillary Clinton and Trump. Someone had to win. We have no real alternatives.

Trump is blasted daily for each twitter, and word spoken by the media and the Democrats. It has reached a ridiculous level; but I never complained about that. I can't stand Trump.

Let me know when they prosecute Clinton, Biden, or anyone with a D behind their names for their "misspeaks", no matter how bad or damning.

We can already see the left is so concerned about Biden's bragging/bullying of Ukraine to get them to fire the lead prosecutor investigating the company his son works for, or aide wouldn't be given. He is still in the race, and according to polls (if they can be believed) still the Dems top candidate. To them it was just a happy coincidence. Joe cannot be dirty. Only Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!

The hypocrisy from the Democrats and the left is staggering. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.6    5 years ago

Indeed it is.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    5 years ago

But it is okay that Trump defends Putin.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  @3.1.3    5 years ago

'That's why we are holding Hillary to the same standard that has been expected from Trump the last 3 years.'

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Seems like tRump's supporters and the gop hold him to no standards whatsoever.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.6    5 years ago
'The hypocrisy from the Democrats and the left is staggering.'
jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif
What exactly are Joe and his son guilty of?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.9    5 years ago

I don't give a shit about Trump, he is a figure head meant to deflect media attention away from the work going on behind him.  Judge his administration by their actions; not Trump's twitter feed, rallies, or press conferences.

For me this isn't about Trump anymore. This about the Democrat shit show and abuse of power to remove a duly elected president of the US. That abuse of power cannot go unanswered.

Why aren't the Democrats and left holding their politicians to the same damn standards they pretend to care about for Trump?

Clinton is deranged, yet the left are backing her on her bullshit statements about Tulsi Gabbard? She isn't fit to be in same discussion as Gabbard; yet the left is agreeing with her.

Russian derangement syndrome is starting to catch TDDS. The left sees Russians everywhere. Putin is laughing his ass off at them as they eat some of the best of their own.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.15  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.12    5 years ago

If you need to ask then you haven't been paying attention.

Joe Biden in his own words.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Too bad Trump didn't do the same thing. The Democrats really would have had him.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  Ronin2  replied to    5 years ago

Good luck with that. We get what the 2 party Establishment system gives us. Without a viable alternative third party nothing will change.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.15    5 years ago

Again, what is Joe Biden guilty of?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.20  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.18    5 years ago

Seems Joe's words are not good enough for you. He even boasts about Obama backing him on it!

Seems the left doesn't know what Quid Pro Quo means! 

Biden threatened to withhold aide from Ukraine if the lead prosecutor, who was investigating the company his son worked for, wasn't fired. That is Quid Pro Quo! Not Trump talking to the Ukrainian Prime Minister who was clueless that military aide money was being withheld. Trump didn't mention it once; outside of a reference to Europe/NATO countries not living up to their part of the deal. But the Dems have jumped the shark over it.

Imagine Trump doing what Biden did, and bragging about it, the Dems in the House would have already impeached him- and be screaming at the Senate to try it! Expecting Trump to be fully impeached.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.21  lib50  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.20    5 years ago

Do you lot ever get tired of spinning the same lies and bullshit?  Anybody can read all about the truth of what happened to the former prosecutor in Ukraine and who called for his ouster.  Biden didn't just have the CORRUPT prosecutor fired, the world did.  Now we have Trump and republicans actually doing Russia's heavy lifting.  He loves his master Putin more than another public figure, except himself of course.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago
Another one of those Liberal - "What she REALLY MEANT" thingies.

I know, it's so embarrassing when partisans try to explain the anomic aphasia of their candidates

without implying that those candidates might have early stages of Alzheimers, they were just "kidding".

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @3.2    5 years ago

I read that the seed is speaking of Hillary and what she ACTUALLY said.

Was I wrong ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.1    5 years ago

What are you suggesting, that fair comparisons are off topic?

Say it ain't so !

Or are you saying that Trump did not say that "we" are building a big beautiful wall in Colorado?

I'm pretty sure he did, but lucky for us, HRC isn't a candidate for POTUS.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.2    5 years ago
What are you suggesting, that fair comparisons are off topic?

Did I "Suggest" that ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.3    5 years ago

Yes.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @3.2    5 years ago

I will say it, if It Is Me won't.

But Trruuuummmmppppp!!!!!!!

Trump is the excuse for anything moronic the Democrats and left do. If Trump would have called Gabbard a Russian asset, the left would have been screaming for his impeachment, wait- they are already impeaching him, sort of, kind of, maybe. At the very least very least they would be pushing for Gabbard to sue him for slander.

Trump is not a get out of jail free card for the moronic left. They need to be held to the same standards as the left does Trump.

Clinton is full of shit, if not deranged, for calling Gabbard a Russian asset. So is the left for defending her.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.2.6  lib50  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.5    5 years ago

Is Russia helping Gabbard?  Are the bots and trolls working hard on her behalf?  No question the gop is rushing to her aid.  Why? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Pretty big difference. 

"Favorite" is a passive inference.

"Grooming" is an active inference. 

"You are my favorite "   does not necessarily imply I am doing something to aid or influence you. 

"I am grooming you"  does imply some actual action or activity on my part to aid or influence you. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

But a Russian asset is a Russian asset.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    5 years ago

Sounds like Gabbard is a Russian asset.  Hillary I'm sure was correct about that.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    5 years ago

I am sure you and John believe she is.

jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

Must be crowded with the Russians and Trump living rent free in the lefts' minds.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    5 years ago

Right. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

The Russians have been secretly grooming her, just like Trump. They even had her serve in the US military just to throw everyone off. She is not even close to the leaders in the Democratic primary, and could only get a fracture of a sliver of the leftist dove vote if she ran as an independent. Which Gabbard has given no indication of wanting to do even.

What a great use of Russian resources and assets./S

Oh wait, Putin doesn't give a fuck about Gabbard, Trump, or any other American. He is only concerned about fracturing the American people. Hillary is his best asset by far; and he doesn't even have to pay her! Her insanity is all her own!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

Well, one thing is fast becoming abundantly clear which is that Tulsi Gabbard is by far and away the damn gop's early favorite for the Democratic nomination and so, that is never going to ever happen...

The odds on favorite to win the Democratic nomination and whoop Trump's fat behind in the 2020 Presidential election is still former US Senator and Barack Obama's imminently honorable and decent Vice President Joseph Biden of Delaware. May God Bless And Speed Him To His Greatest Mission to Make America Decent Again...

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

Fear not JBB Republicans are not going to vote for a candidate who's platform is based on theft and redistribution like Tulsi's is. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JBB  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5.2    5 years ago

The last I checked the gop only account for about 25% of Americans and Democrats and Independents account for the rest. And, republicans do not get to vote for the Democratic nomination anyway. The damn gop is saddled with Trump's lying criminal fat ass regardless and even Bernie is whooping Trump's lame lying no good lardy behind in all the reputable polls. Joe Biden leads Trump by double digits...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    5 years ago

Still loving polls?

They served the Democrats so well last time around.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'The only legitimate liberal running for president'

According to you.

No slander here BF, truth.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Whatever the fuck that means.  Like I give a shit anyway.  

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    5 years ago

Trump supporters don't bother to read, they just take a talking point and spin it. Anything that is anti-Hillary and they are on that bandwagon no matter how big the lie. I never thought that I would ever see such a willing group of people to disavow the truth over what they want to believe. It is like they believe in Trump like he is Santa Claus who is going to give them a white America while the last 50 years or more every Republican they ever voted for handed them the exact opposite. Crony career Republicans politicians turning a blind eye to immigration to appease wealthy donors who wanted cheap labor. And now they point the finger elsewhere, and it is always pointed at a Clinton.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

73126794_10214265891057033_2082703614052139008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQnWy9p8fFuis1y_8PvV8EG48SWWhF3UQ0UlrLsiWpSBaidLLmpMSyUACR4uU9CyQAg&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=dc39bc4950f08274da7c92fcfc8d14de&oe=5E241C88