╌>

Isis Leader Al Baghdadi Dead After US Special Forces Raid Hideout In Syria: Sources

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  224 comments

By:   Benjamin Minick

Isis Leader Al Baghdadi Dead After US Special Forces Raid Hideout In Syria: Sources

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Wanted terrorist leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS), was dead in a raid by United States Special Operations commandos in northwestern Syria late Saturday, two sources told International Business Times.

While Baghdadi's death has still to be officialy confirmed and details of the strike are still coming to light, the sources who had direct knowledge of the raid confirmed that the target was indeed the elusive and feared leader of the Islamic State and that he was dead. 

Soon reports began to appear quoting unnamed officials that Baghdadi had been killed and official annoucement would be made post a DNA analysis. The sources, who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to speak about the raid, confirmed that Baghdadi killed himself during the assault.

When Joint Special Operations Command's Delta Force operatives broke into the compound, there was only a brief skirmish and exchange of gunfire, the source said. Baghdadi was not killed by a drone strike or by American forces who conducted the raid; he detonated a suicide vest along with two other individuals. News reports have said two of Baghdadi's wives also died after they detonated suicide vests. There were no reports of any casualties.

About 90 minutes after Trump's tweet, a White House spokesperson said the President would make a statement at 9 a.m Sunday.

A senior Pentagon official said separately that the  Army's elite Delta Operations Group had carried out a mission, with the CIA providing the intelligence.

The raid seems comes amid the U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria that began earlier this week. Many agencies had refused to believe reports and statements from Russia and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad that Baghdadi was not in the Idlib area. This location was not known as a hotbed of activity for the Islamic State after they had been chased out of the Northwestern portion of the country. 

The U.S. has been looking for a Baghdadi for several years. His development of the Islamic State transformed a fledgling insurgency into a global terrorist network that radicalized tens of thousands of recruits from hundreds of different countries around the globe. Baghdadi has proven to be an elusive target as he had extreme security measures even when meeting with his most trusted associates. 

Baghdadi's killing would be a hard blow to the Islamic State which has seen its power and influence waning over the last few years.  It was predicted the group would revive and reorganize because the security vacuum created by Trump's withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria but that may now be tough.

The strike also is the most significant blow dealt against terrorism since Osama Bin Laden was killed in 2011 in Pakistan.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Still more work to do, but this is a good thing.  And just for the record, Trump had nothing to do with this.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1  lady in black  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

But you know damn well he will be boasting about it at his "self promotion" news conference

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  lady in black @1.1    5 years ago

Discus the thread - not your hate - please.

Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lady in black @1.1    5 years ago

I know.  This is what he tweeted about the death of Bin Laden: 

@realDonaldTrump

Stop congratulating Obama for killing Bin Laden. The Navy Seals killed Bin Laden. #debate
8:12 PM · Oct 22, 2012

He also gave an interview full of 'Obama had nothing to do with it' comments.  But today?  Yeah, he'll say he just returned from his own secret mission to Northern Syria, where he alone single-handedly slayed the ISIS leader. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    5 years ago

Let's wait 'til he says something before we attempt to second-guess what he "might" say.

Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.3    5 years ago
Let's wait 'til he says something before we attempt to second-guess what he "might" say.

We are about to find out.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @1.1    5 years ago

I began watching Trump's coverage of the death of the ISIS leader and for once, his thoughts were clear and concise.  Then it happened.  He was talking about the electronic sophistication ISIS has developed such as abandoning cell phone use.  He said that these groups are the best in the world when it comes to using social media "next to Donald Trump".  I switched back to a movie.  I was almost impressed with what he was saying until that.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.1    5 years ago

Trump proved LIB is correct.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  lady in black  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    5 years ago

He just can't help himself..it's all me, me, me, I, I, I, I...I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread...

face-with-open-mouth-vomiting_1f92e.png

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @1.1.7    5 years ago

ISIS uses social media to recruit, plan attacks, and other sophisticated measures.  Trump uses it to berate and name call.  Oh yeah, he is a sm master.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.9  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    5 years ago
I was almost impressed with what he was saying until that.

I watched it too. A obvious joke.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @1.1.7    5 years ago
He just can't help himself..it's all me, me, me, I, I, I, I...I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread...

We all remember how the left and Obama made getting Bin Laden all about him, I seen nothing but President Trump giving credit to the special forces who did the job. FFS you ask a left winger what the piece of shit Obama accomplished about the only thin they can say is "He" got Bin Laden.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  lady in black  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.10    5 years ago

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.12  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @1.1.11    5 years ago

Your the one making up a false scenario that President Trump Didn't do but was actually a mainstay of the POS leader from behind Obama's forte, Hillaryious.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  lady in black  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.12    5 years ago

Blah, blah, blah...Obama...blah blah blah...Hillary

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lady in black @1.1    5 years ago
But you know damn well he will be boasting about it at his "self promotion" news conference

You mean like Obama "killing bin Laden"?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  bbl-1  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.1    5 years ago

Truth is not hate.  Truth is----just truth.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.16  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.15    5 years ago
Truth is not hate. 

Indeed. Truth itself is not hate. However, they way it is presented can make it so.

JMOO

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  lady in black  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.14    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.15    5 years ago

Truth is not hate.  Truth is----just truth.

and some obviously,

can't handle their KoolAids here,

cause they wouldn't NO TRUTH unless it wasn't NO TRUTH.

U

mite say, though it just might May, Bug a hair on their head, but as long asz it dozen 

Bugs Bunny and me boss, 

they'll prefer to Buggs Bunny till a rabids foot is foaming at the head of his deer  ticking hand

held beer rutted for a buck a rabid rabbit owned buy a 

Retroverted Recluse, who rarely let his harely down, all while reversing who foamed at his eye, level, though not plumb, that

rabid guy hung, foaming from his rabid eye while he lost his rabids foot down a rabid whole partially due to over due bad rabids foot luck e charms, causing a bunch to crash, but not the British Bobby or a Christening at Knight, more like an idle idling  didn't hold his rabid weight like the 4 not Wise men, living in a soon to be group home, so as , not so all alone

till

this won the day woo ed  her off her  defeat, but this maid Dad and Alice gay, 

so they decided Alice should b/w Butcher,

and uncle Sam i am not, but when doezen this truth defeater punching punch drunk peoples in their delusioned mindless about reality than any should ever be minding less of, 

cause the Truth    isn't Above

it's all Right there, 

time to not look past it

time to start holding peoples in politics to the same scrutiny 

ANY     WOULD   NEVER  ACCEPT FROM A FAMILY MEMBER

watching that was painful, as Trump gave out quite the MOTIVATION SPEECH to recruit 

HIS type of followers, to come against our un United States.

ISIS couldn't have bought a better paid advertisement.

State the facts, it is Great News, thank the Military,

then

SHUT THE FUCK UP, 

you don't gloat and glamorize this , then feel, yet again, he has to top Obama...WTF

this 'man', can not be removed soon enough, he is unstable

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lady in black @1.1.17    5 years ago

Then prove me wrong?  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.20  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.16    5 years ago
However, they way it is presented can make it so.

I agree 100%. The left has a knack of presenting things as hate that couldn't be further from the truth.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.21  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.10    5 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.22  CB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    5 years ago

That is something of the problem I have with Donald Trump; I have 'moments' where I forget he is Donald Trump, for he almost seems a type of 'normal,' and then kapow! The real Donald Trump speaks and bursts the thin bubble that is about to take me up! It is evidence that there is not a humble thought in that man's head!

Moreover, before somebody tells Donald that he should 'fake' humility for humility sake - I, we, would know when it is a humble pretense.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.9    5 years ago

I was thinking exactly the same thing. He just interjected a bit of humor, but hard core progressive leftist liberals, especially some posting here cannot stand that unless the humor is from one of their own and then it's acceptable.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.24  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.21    5 years ago

WTF does that have to do with anything said in this article?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.1.25  cobaltblue  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.14    5 years ago
You mean like Obama "killing bin Laden"?
For one, Trump dramatized the operation. Reports began emerging on Saturday night that an operation had taken place to target Baghdadi, and shortly thereafter, Trump hinted at the news by   tweeting, “Something very big has just happened!” Twelve hours later, he arrived at a news conference, regarded the assembled journalists in silence for a moment, then began his prepared remarks.

By contrast, Obama’s announcement of the attack on bin Laden took many by surprise. There was no day-before teaser, simply a televised address on the night after the raid that cut into regular scheduled programming.

Substantively, Obama’s remarks were short and relatively dispassionate. He kept the details limited, focusing on the reasons for targeting bin Laden and the process by which he and his team assessed intelligence and found the leader’s compound. Obama ended his remarks by directly addressing the victims of the 9/11 attacks and praising America. At the end of his speech, he turned around and walked back into the White House.

Obama’s description of the military process — from naming bin Laden as a priority target, to gathering intelligence and identifying the leader’s whereabouts — was brief and vague. Obama mentioned where the operation took place, praised the troops who carried it out, and said every effort had been made to avoid civilian casualties — nothing more.

By contrast, Trump divulged a significant level of detail about the military operation itself. As   Vox’s Alex Ward has described, this included information about planning, tactics, and even granular descriptions of equipment used.

Cite which includes videos both speeches . Listen to both . And Obama said nothing about him killing bin Laden. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.26  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.24    5 years ago
WTF does that have to do with anything said in this article?

You said...

FFS you ask a left winger what the piece of shit Obama accomplished about the only thin they can say is "He" got Bin Laden.

I posted that he accomplished much more than that... Any other stupid questions? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.26    5 years ago
'Any other stupid questions?'

No doubt.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.29  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cobaltblue @1.1.25    5 years ago
And Obama said nothing about him killing bin Laden. 

He didn't.  But the [[deleted]] give him credit, just like Trumps supporters are giving him credit.  

Timberwolf_Minick
Freshman Silent
1.4  Timberwolf_Minick  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

I appreciate the use of my article! I agree with you.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Timberwolf_Minick @1.4    5 years ago

Thanks for stopping by.

Professor Guide
1.4.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Timberwolf_Minick @1.4    5 years ago

NewsTalkers is a community known for its mix of enthusiasm and tantalizing obnoxiousness.  Come back and see us anytime.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.4.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Timberwolf_Minick @1.4    5 years ago

Welcome....and thanks for such an informative article. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.4  MrFrost  replied to  Timberwolf_Minick @1.4    5 years ago

Excellent article, don't be a stranger. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.4.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Timberwolf_Minick @1.4    5 years ago

Hi TM, 

I am the Resident Advisor and founder of The NewsTalkers. I would love you to come by and give us any real insight you have. Your thoughts are always welcomed! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago
Trump had nothing to do with this.

Except if something went wrong - then it would have been his call!!!!!

Professor Guide
1.6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6    5 years ago
Except if something went wrong - then it would have been his call!!!!!

I knew you would start coming around to our way of thinking!  It was just a matter of time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6    5 years ago

In the dictionary for the definitions of FUBAR and SNAFU, is a picture of this 'president's' ugly fat face.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.6.1    5 years ago
I knew you would start coming around to our way of thinking!

Left wing tactics are easily exposed. It was a slam dunk really.

Professor Guide
1.6.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.3    5 years ago

Thank you Mr. Buzzkill for ruining a perfectly good joke.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.6.4    5 years ago

You are welcome. I think that makes up for having a Babylon Bee seed derailed.  We are all even.

CB
Professor Principal
1.6.6  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.6.1    5 years ago

And as you are fully aware, Trump wanted to be in,

"The Buck Stops Here " seat.

AKA: "The Stuff That Hits The Fan Strike Zone."

Professor Guide
1.6.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.5    5 years ago
[delete]

JBB
Professor Principal
1.6.8  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.5    5 years ago

Study shows satire from Babylon Bee shared by people who think it is real...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.6.8    5 years ago

Even when told by the seeder?  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.6.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1.6.8    5 years ago
Study shows satire from Babylon Bee shared by people who think it is real...

As do people think that The Onion and Andy Borowitz are real.............and of course they drool over Steven Colbert's next "Breaking News". 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.6.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.6.10    5 years ago
As do people think that The Onion and Andy Borowitz are real.

And those people are not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, are they?

Professor Guide
1.6.12  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.9    5 years ago
Even when told by the seeder?

What in the hell are you talking about?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.6.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.6.12    5 years ago

Good question.  I clicked on your link at the top of the article and it shows International Business Times not Babylon Bee. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.6.14  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.6.12    5 years ago

He's talking about Vic.

That's his favorite subject - Vic.

Professor Guide
1.6.15  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1.6.13    5 years ago
Good question.  I clicked on your link at the top of the article and it shows International Business Times not Babylon Bee. 

What's more confusing is that I found the article he accused me of trolling/derailing, and there wasn't a single comment posted by me.  When did silence become trolling?  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2  1stwarrior    5 years ago

SpecOps guys know how to get the job done.  But, in reality, they didn't - Baghdadi did himself in - they just had him circled.

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago
Baghdadi did himself in - they just had him circled.

I heard something on CNN about the suicide vest thing.  I have a feeling you know for sure.  Spill the beans. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    5 years ago

Nah - like Jon Snow - "I know nothin'".

Besides, if I did, they'd have to kill me for sneezing 'bout it :-)

From the looks of it, five individuals did themselves in based on the article - "he detonated a suicide vest along with two other individuals. News reports have said two of Baghdadi's wives also died after they detonated suicide vests."

Job well-done.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.1.2    5 years ago

Trump could personally kill al-Baghdadi, Baghdad Bob, Atilla The Hun, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Hannibal Lector, Osama bin Laden, the Emperor Ming, Pol Pot, John Wayne Gacy, Jack The Ripper, the Marquis de Sade, and Dr. Evil with the same bullet and Trump still wouldnt be qualified to be president of the United States, and everyone knows it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.1.4    5 years ago

[Deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

I am confident that the Trump would indeed do all of those heroic things, but those damn bone spurs.  The guy can't win.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to    5 years ago

Exactly.  Trump could have a strong economy, real wage growth, record low unemployment, inflation and interest rates in check, bring back manufacturing jobs for the working class, and take out the biggest terrorist leader in the world and he’s still not good enough for the job we took away from Hillary. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.10  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

Amazed that you could actually spell all those names.  Use "cut'n'paste"????

:-)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago

Baghdadi proved to be a coward he was by activating a suicide vest.  Where it is great that he is dead no matter how the method, it is but one dead cockroach out of thousands.  There will be another one scurrying out of the woodwork to continue where Baghdadi left off.  It is like with starfish.  You chop off one appendage and it will grow back.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2    5 years ago

You can't defeat an ideology.

Which is the reason Al Qaeda is still around after all this time.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago

I know you didn't go there. I just know you didn't go there. Because WHY did it matter this time above all other times that THIS DAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE?!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

Interesting now that we've (Trump) pulled out of northern Syria and is bringing all the troops home that we now end up moving armor and more troops into NE Syria to guard the oil fields. ISIS is defeated according to the administration.  

According to some here on NT we didn't belong in Syria in the first place and our being there was illegal. Perhaps they could explain this latest venture into the oil fields with more US troops. 

It's a good thing that they got Baghdadi. 

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago
According to some here on NT we didn't belong in Syria in the first place and our being there was illegal. Perhaps they could explain this latest venture into the oil fields with more US troops.

There will be genuflecting all over the place.  And not for one instant do I think Trump was kept in the loop on this action.  The man can't keep his yap closed.  

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    5 years ago

So you think the deep state is keeping him out of the loop? 

Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1.1    5 years ago
So you think the deep state is keeping him out of the loop?

Dean, you are a smart guy.  Would you trust Trump with this kind of info in advance?  No way.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1.1    5 years ago

No, his penchant for not keeping his yap shut did.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    5 years ago

Remember the ICE secret sweep a while back?  Trump announced when they were to happen.  They had to reschedule the raids because the element of surprise was now gone.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.1.7  cobaltblue  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.2    5 years ago
Would you trust Trump with this kind of info in advance? 

Hell no ... he cannot keep his mouth shut. That's what gets him into trouble. The only time he keeps his yap shut is when he dealing in treason with foreign countries that are not our allies. 

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
3.1.8  NV-Robin6  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    5 years ago

The General's  in charge still don't know where Trump gets the idea that Bagdadi was crying like a coward and have said so. Hmmm.  Wonder why that is?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1.1    5 years ago

Deep State 

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    5 years ago
Deep State 

jc9lqOGE?format=jpg&name=small

And even with a rigged game they can't answer simple questions. They need coaching and protection.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.11  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.10    5 years ago

You have turned on the military over a 'draft dodger.' Tell me again, what is a "patriot" to you again? And, how much does one have to do in this life to be earn patriotic stripes to you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3.1.11    5 years ago
You have turned on the military over a 'draft dodger.'

I never turned on the military. One individual is not the military. As for "draft dodgers" - let us not forget who they were.

what is a "patriot" to you again? 

I really can't improve on the dictionary: "a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors".  And for those who meet those standards - we always have the right to disagree, do we not?

And, how much does one have to do in this life to be earn patriotic stripes to you?

Your question speaks volumes on liberal tactics here. Here is an answer:

In the specific case of Colonel Vindman   I would never do the following:

A) Wear my patriotism on my sleeve - he wore a uniform to a hearing that he dosen't normally wear & progressives are promoting his service to shield him from criticism. He is clearly using his uniform.

B) Jump the chain of command to report a concern. 

C) Violate rules on classified/secret information. I suspect he is the one who talked to the so-called WB.

D) Ever allow my political beliefs to over rule my duty to the nation. I suspect he has.

The bottom line is that Vindman's military service has nothing to do with this.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.14  al Jizzerror  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
A) Wear my patriotism on my sleeve - he wore a uniform to a hearing that he dosen't normally wear & progressives are promoting his service to shield him from criticism. He is clearly using his uniform.

He wore his dress uniform because he was officially testifying before Congress.  Military personnel who testify before Congress are required to wear their uniforms.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.15  al Jizzerror  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
B) Jump the chain of command to report a concern.

Vindman initially voiced his concerns (twice) to the NSC's lead counsel.  That's the fucking chain of command.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.16  al Jizzerror  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
C) Violate rules on classified/secret information. I suspect he is the one who talked to the so-called WB.

That's a fucking lie.  He testified that he IS not the whistle blower.  I challenge you to prove that he ever violated the rules on classified/secret information.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.17  al Jizzerror  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
D) Ever allow my political beliefs to over rule my duty to the nation. I suspect he has.

Vindman has not even expressed his political beliefs.  

Your stupid fucking smear is ridiculous.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.18  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
I never turned on the military. One individual is not the military.

Sorry for my holiday delay in getting back to you! Let's get you on record, please. Is this man what we call career ("Thank you for your service.") military?

th?id=OIF.OisAaZfTVQ%2FdOG9ZVaiq6A&w=300

As for "draft dodgers" - let us not forget who they were.

maxresdefault.jpg

Did this guy serve his country in any military capacity (desk-duty perhaps?) whatsoever when asked?

NOTE: I f you can not properly comment due to proximity to the next Trump supporter at his or her deck. Hey! I understand!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.19  CB  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.1.17    5 years ago

th?id=OIP.SjTgkbCOX8i2ufv5DlPZDQAAAA&w=1 Thank you for your support of a positive serviceman and for keeping it real! I feel you, my friend. Your answers are straightforward without any dodge.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.20  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
"a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors".  And for those who meet those standards - we always have the right to disagree, do we not?

Good heavens no! Not when you malign good patriotic men and women serving this great nation.

President Donald Trump is an 'ardent' supporter of Russian President Putin, a leader known to have interfered in the 2016 presidential election, and has approved interference in our elections for this rapidly approaching 2020 presidential election cycle. What is Donald Trump constructively and positively doing to 'vigorously support this country and defend it against an enemy like President Putin of Russia?'

How is President Donald Trump a patriot of any kind in your book when a kid in say, Tupelo, Mississippi has a better sense of solemnity than he? How can a man who has been exposed as misleading this great nation with lies and a general lack of integrity, be trusted? Do you trust Donald Trump?

Why?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.21  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    5 years ago
Vindman's military service has nothing to do with this

You would like to separate the military service from the man, so you can make him into a monster, but the Devil is a lie. This soldier's background is as much a part of him as Trump's background as a builder. You're ducking, weaving, and bobbing instead of being straightforward. It is pathetic to behold too.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.22  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.13    5 years ago

Really? You bought that specious argument? Just Jim, I know where there is a For Sale bridge running alongside Interstate. . . .

Professor Guide
3.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

That's the most important thing.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

Sorry, no genuflecting here. 

I do not agree with Trump in any way with his decision to transfer troops around in Syria to "protect" Syrian oil fields.  Looks more like extortion to me, and the Russians agree.

Russia’s Defense Ministry on Saturday harshly criticized the United States decision to send armored vehicles and combat troops into eastern Syria to protect oil fields, calling it “banditry.”

But Russia was critical that Washington will continue to keep troops in Syria.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said “what Washington is doing now, the seizure and control of oil fields in eastern Syria under its armed control, is, quite simply, international state banditry.”

“All hydrocarbon deposits and other minerals located on the territory of Syria do not belong to the IS terrorists, and even less to the ‘American defenders from IS terrorists,’ but exclusively to the Syrian Arab Republic,” he added.

“The real cause of this illegal action by the United States in Syria lies far from the ideals that Washington has proclaimed and from the slogans of fighting terrorism,” Konashenkov said.

After ordering his troops home, Trump said he will leave up to 300 troops in southern Syria before Esper announced that another residual force was being considered in southeastern Syria to protect oil fields.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke by telephone Saturday about Syria.

“From the Russian side, the necessity was emphasized of refraining from steps undermining the sovereignty and territorial integrity of that county,” the ministry said in a statement.

The troops are still in Syria illegally. If access is denied to the Syrian government to the oil it could spark the war the left and neocons have been cheering for. I blame Trump for being too weak to tell the Pentagon and intelligence agencies to stuff it, and get the troops completely out of the ME.

Russia, Iran, Syria, and the Kurds can protect the oil fields just fine. They also can take care of ISIS/ISIL.

Yes, it is "a good thing"; but it would be much better if had permission from the Syrian government to conduct military operations within their borders. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @3.3    5 years ago
The troops are still in Syria illegally. If access is denied to the Syrian government to the oil it could spark the war the left and neocons have been cheering for. I blame Trump for being too weak to tell the Pentagon and intelligence agencies to stuff it, and get the troops completely out of the ME.

What we have is a self-inflicted wound by Trump. The Spec Ops people were pulled out resulting in Turkey invading Syria. Also giving the Syrians, Russians and Iranians access to a vast swath of territory. The solution to that in Trump's mind is sending armor and combat troops to NE Syria to guard the oil fields..A cluster fuck no matter how you paint it. 

As for Trump being too weak, he is the CIC and all his promises about getting out of foreign wars seem to be BS. Or better yet a total lack of understanding of the consequences of his actions. 

As for the left cheering for war is a BS statement on your part. You should look at the right as republican senators and congress were doing a lot of cheering to get us back into Syria. Esper is a Trump appointee.

Personally I lean left and am in no way a neocon, perhaps you should understand the meaning of the word before you throw it at people. I have been very clear in all my comments regarding this situation and they all revolve around the Kurds. 

Looks more like extortion to me, and the Russians agree.

Who is extorting us? We are extorting ourselves? Of course, the Russians are upset, did you expect anything different from them?

It's about oil, period. Why do you think we have tens of thousands of troops in the ME. It's all about the oil.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @3.3.1    5 years ago
What we have is a self-inflicted wound by Trump.

No, what we have is a moronic move by Obama to never secure congressional support, NATO support, or a resolution in the UN Security Council. Obama sent our special forces and conducting bombings in Syria using the "War on Terror" which congress authorized Bush for in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Spec Ops people were pulled out resulting in Turkey invading Syria.

Where have you been? Turkey was already in Syria. They had a protection zone for the radical Islamists they supported in Syria. Turkey was coming in with or without our permission. They want the Syrian refugees Europe won't take out of their country some 3.66 million. They also want to get the Kurds off their southern border and restrict access to the factions in Syria to the one in Turkey. A country that wants border security, how original.  Turkey was coming in whether we were there or not. Miss them threatening French special forces? Or threatening to release the refugees into Europe if the EU and NATO butted in?

Also giving the Syrians, Russians and Iranians access to a vast swath of territory.

Do you know how stupid that sounds? We aren't giving the Syrians anything- it is their damn country! The Russians and Iranians are in Syria at that country's request. The US is there illegally.

The solution to that in Trump's mind is sending armor and combat troops to NE Syria to guard the oil fields..A cluster fuck no matter how you paint it. 

That is the solution the Pentagon and secret service agencies came up with. Yes it is fucked up, but we still have troops in Syria- what are you bitching about? You (plural) didn't want them out to begin with!  I already pointed out that the situation is a cluster fuck.

As for Trump being too weak, he is the CIC and all his promises about getting out of foreign wars seem to be BS. Or better yet a total lack of understanding of the consequences of his actions. 

He is dragging the Pentagon, secret services, and chicken hawks and neocons in Congress kicking and screaming the whole way. You seem to forget Obama's promises about getting troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Two surges and a fucked up SOFA agreement and we are still no closer to getting out of Afghanistan. If Trump even attempts to negotiate with the Taliban, the left and neocons start throwing shit. Obama reinserted troops back into Iraq to save an Iraqi government that is loyal to Iran. Not only save them but rearm and retrain their military, and use the US Air Force as cover for Iranian militias operating in Iraq. How fucked up is that? You can throw Libya, Yemen, and Ukraine on the list of Obama's fuck ups. Not to mention extra judicial drone killings across the globe- including of two US citizens. I believe our Pentagon and intelligence agencies are not doing us any favors with foreign policy.

As for the left cheering for war is a BS statement on your part. You should look at the right as republican senators and congress were doing a lot of cheering to get us back into Syria. Esper is a Trump appointee.

What part of Neocons don't you understand?

If access is denied to the Syrian government to the oil it could spark the war the left and neocons have been cheering for.

Try using the whole comment. Does Esper qualify as a neocon? How about the Republican senators? I am not carrying water for any of them. They disgust me.

Personally I lean left and am in no way a neocon, perhaps you should understand the meaning of the word before you throw it at people.

I do not consider the left neocons- only Republicans and true war hawks. The left has turned into anti Trump chicken hawks.  I have been called a neocon repeatedly on this website. People should take their own advise. 

I have been very clear in all my comments regarding this situation and they all revolve around the Kurds. 

Yes, you have. It doesn't make it any more correct than it was in the beginning. 

Who is extorting us? We are extorting ourselves? Of course, the Russians are upset, did you expect anything different from them?

Now you are being purposely stupid. We are extorting the Syrian government by controlling the oil fields. 

Originally, the internal Pentagon plan did not include any stipulations about U.S. troops guarding the oil fields in Kurdish-held territory, the official noted. Framing the proposal as a way to keep Syrian President Bashar al-Assad from controlling the oil was likely a way to make it more appealing to Trump, who has been pushing for troop withdrawals all year. 

“That is probably to play POTUS,” the official said. 

Trump late last week started tweeting about “securing the oil” in northern Syria, sowing confusion among analysts trying to sort out the consequences of the abrupt U.S. withdrawal from the country and abandonment of its former Kurdish allies. Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham floated a similar idea over the weekend—that residual U.S. troops in Syria might serve to protect some oil fields, if not their former allies.

I n his  comments , made during a surprise visit to Afghanistan on Monday, Esper suggested that such a mission would both help the United States keep tabs on Islamic State terrorists as they seek to regroup and help keep Kurdish oil fields out of enemy hands. But it wasn’t immediately clear if the United States was seeking to prevent the Islamic State, Assad, Russia, or even Iran from snapping up the energy resources.

Notice the part in bold. ISIS/ISIL sold oil to the Syrian government when they held them. The Kurds took them over and continued the practice. The US is keeping the oil fields from Assad, Russia, and Iran. That should go over well.  That is extortion. Then you wonder why the Russians are upset? How about the Syrians- think they are happy. Think NATO, UN, or anyone else will come to our aid if they decide to force the issue and take them back?

It's about oil, period. Why do you think we have tens of thousands of troops in the ME. It's all about the oil.

No really? Who would have ever have thought that? If it wasn't for the oil we wouldn't give a shit about that over sized sand box of hate. Where did I ever claim that it is right? Let those that prosper from the oil defend it. Unfortunately our "allies" are unwilling, unable, and have gotten use to the US doing all the heavy lifting. 

Professor Guide
5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

And there we have it.  It's about the oil  "We'll take it if we have to."

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    5 years ago

"Whimpering, crying like a dog."  A fitting epitaph?

Has President Trump found his 'nirvana'?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8.1  cobaltblue  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago
"Whimpering, crying like a dog."

He couldn't hear a thing. 

Trump told reporters that he watched the raid from the Situation Room as it was carried out in real time with Milley, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Vice President Mike Pence, among others. The White House later released an official photo of the president and the top defense officials taken in the Situation Room.

“It was something really amazing to see,” the president said, adding that it was “as though you were watching a movie.”

According to the New York Times, the Situation Room had live overhead surveillance footage of the operation. But the feeds did not have audio, nor did they show what was happening in the underground tunnel where al-Baghdadi was killed.

Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” Esper said he wasn’t sure where Trump got “whimpering” from, either.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  cobaltblue @8.1    5 years ago

He made it up because he knew that's what he would do if he were cornered

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.1    5 years ago

The latest I just heard, an informant retrieved his underwear...WTF

Professor Guide
8.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @8.1.2    5 years ago

They were 'borrowed' a while back so a DNA sample would be on hand when the time came for a positive ID.

Underwear guy needs a special medal for sure. 

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.3    5 years ago

Now there is an item for the Smithsonian...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  Ender @8.1.2    5 years ago

And 'used' underwear at that.  That takes fortitude.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8.1.6  cobaltblue  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.5    5 years ago
That takes fortitude.

Oh dear god. I read that as fartitude. A dad joke if I've ever heard one. 

Professor Guide
8.1.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @8.1.6    5 years ago
A dad joke if I've ever heard one.

Thanks for the laugh!  It's been about a year since my parents died and their 66th wedding anniversary would have been this Thursday.  Feeling a little blue, I am.  I had forgotten about dad fart jokes because it's been so long since I've heard or even thought about one.

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg  

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
8.1.8  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.7    5 years ago
dad fart jokes

Professor Guide
8.1.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @8.1.8    5 years ago

Perfect.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.3    5 years ago

Does this mean he died while going "Commando"?

Professor Guide
8.1.11  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.10    5 years ago
Does this mean he died while going "Commando"?

I'm thinking that the bloomer-burgle happened on a previous laundry day.  

On a somewhat related inquiry...boxers or briefs?  My vote is both.  At the same time.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
8.1.12  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.11    5 years ago
On a somewhat related inquiry...boxers or briefs?

That reminds me of a time when I got into a little trouble on NewsVine.

Sally posted an ask me anything article.

So lots of people were posting the same three questions.

So I asked three questions:

1. salty or sweet

2. boxers or briefs

3. spit or swallow

She did NOT like #3.

Professor Guide
8.1.13  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @8.1.12    5 years ago

You naughty boy.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    5 years ago

He literally thanked Russia before thanking our own troops. You can't make it up. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    5 years ago

Trump said that Obama deserved no praise at all for the killing of OBL, turns around and expects praise for this?

Trump is a pathetic idiot. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11  Raven Wing    5 years ago

I have to wonder which country Trump is really working for. 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday called on the White House to brief lawmakers on the raid that targeted Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, noting that President Trump informed the Russians of the Islamic State leader’s apparent death before telling congressional leadership.

Asked whether he had informed Pelosi, Trump replied, “No, I didn’t. I didn’t do that. I wanted to make sure this kept secret.

“In terms of notifying the Gang of Eight, that wasn’t done,” Schiff said, referring to the House speaker and minority leader, the Senate majority and minority leaders, and the chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees.

Isn't it strange that our American President told the Russians in advance of the operation, but, not our own Government? And he give the reason that he didn't want any leaks of the operation so he didn't advise any of our Congressional leaders about it?

Now.....who was the real leaker if he told the Russians about it in advance? 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @11    5 years ago
Isn't it strange that our American President told the Russians in advance of the operation,

Bullshit. Never happened, just because that demanted hag Nancy said it did. All Trump told the Russians is that we were flying thru the area per agreements. He didn't tell Democrats about the mission for obvious reasons.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1    5 years ago
Bullshit. Never happened

Then why did trump thank Russia in his presser? Weird that he would just randomly thank Russia for no reason at all. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.1    5 years ago

C'mon Frostie - he, or someone on the joint forces staff, notified them that joint forces personnel would be flying through their airspace and they said "OK".  You're a Marine - you understand the protocols so why the angst?

That doesn't get a "Thank You"??????

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.1    5 years ago
Then why did trump thank Russia in his presser?

For the exact reason I said.

Weird that he would just randomly thank Russia for no reason at all. 

He didn't thank them for any reason at all. Weird that you have to make up shit because you don't understand.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.1    5 years ago

Even when Trump admits it with his own mouth that he informed our enemy of our military actions well before he informed our own Congressional leaders, his rabid supporters here will make up all sorts of excuses of why he did it. With is own mouth, Trump admitted he leaked the info of the operation and tries to blame it on how many others, who knew nothing of the operation either before or after it took place.

And they reallly expect people of intelligence to believe their hyperbole? 

And they have say the Dems are stupid. At least not as stupid as the Repubs.

Professor Guide
11.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.3    5 years ago
He didn't thank them for any reason at all. Weird that you have to make up shit because you don't understand.

Are you saying that Trump did not thank the Russians?  It was a live, televised statement, for crying out loud.    

What makes the 'Thanks, Russia' more ridiculous, is this mention in The Moscow Times:

"The Russian Ministry of Defence does not have reliable information on the U.S. servicemen conducting in the Turkish-controlled part of the de-escalation zone of Idlib an operation on yet another 'elimination' of the former IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," Major-General Igor Konashenkov was quoted by the state-run RIA Novosti news agency as saying. 

The Russians had no idea why they were mentioned in Trump's live statement.  Not only that, but Major-General Igor Konashenkov was rather flip in his comment, "...an operation on yet another 'elimination' for the former IS leader..."

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.6  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11.1.5    5 years ago

Yup the left only hears what they want to hear. He told Russia that they were flying through the area, NOT what we were doing.

Telling them we are flying through the area is not telling them that we are putting a hit on the leader of ISIS, no matter how the Anti Trumpers try to spin it, how do they expect people to take them seriously with there hyperbole? That's just stupid

And I don't blame him for keeping Nancy and company out of the loop. 

Professor Guide
11.1.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.6    5 years ago
And I don't blame him for keeping Nancy and company out of the loop.

I'm not blaming him for that.  I'm also not blaming him for being the biggest nincompoop ever elected as president.  I'm blaming you. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
11.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11.1.7    5 years ago
I'm not blaming him for that.  I'm also not blaming him for being the biggest nincompoop ever elected as president.  I'm blaming you.

Well...if he's re-elected....we're blaming you for not nominating somebody less objectionable than he is.  Again.

Professor Guide
11.1.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Jack_TX @11.1.8    5 years ago
we're blaming you for not nominating somebody less objectionable than he is.

It's difficult to argue with that at this point.  However, and I've said this repeatedly, spank up any other republican to take his place and I'll vote for them.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
11.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11.1.9    5 years ago
However, and I've said this repeatedly, spank up any other republican to take his place and I'll vote for them.

I would if I could.  Believe me.  I would if I could.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.11  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @11.1.2    5 years ago
C'mon Frostie - he, or someone on the joint forces staff, notified them that joint forces personnel would be flying through their airspace and they said "OK".  You're a Marine - you understand the protocols so why the angst?

Oh I am aware, as a "battery powered Marine", I am FULLY aware. I was replying to KD, who insists it never happened. You and I both know it did. So yes, a thank you.. :)

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Raven Wing @11    5 years ago

RW - there are many things that happen within a government where not everyone is informed before hand.  In the present quagmire of the U.S. government, hell, I wouldn't even tell them I was going to the head 'cause it would probably be cast to the media that I was "running from my job" - when all I had to do was take a leak and not give one.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
12  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Good, fuck that guy. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

President Trump's successful operationto take out Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sent Democrats scrambling on Sunday, as several top party leaders had complained publicly in recent days that the White House had no "real plan" to combat the terror group following the U.S. pullout in Syria.

In a dramatic sign of how Democrats' messaging apparently backfired, NBC's "Saturday Night Live" ran an ill-timed sketch suggesting that Trump had created "jobs" for ISIS -- just hours before the president held a news conference announcing al-Baghdadi's demise. The sketch aired around the time the two-hour late-night raid in northwest Syria was underway.

"It's genuinely fascinating watching Democrats in real-time struggle to figure out what to say about this," journalist Glenn Greenwald wrote on Sunday. "They want to be patriotic and anti-ISIS, but also need a way to malign Trump without contradicting their gushing Obama praise over [Usama bin Laden]: not an easy balancing act. Good luck!"  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13    5 years ago

Good work JSOC. Pretty sure Trump didn't know about it until it was over, there was a concern that he would leak the op over twitter. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.1    5 years ago

You have proof of that of course?

You notice that Congress wasn't informed. That there is proof of. Seems that the administration has finally learned not to trust them.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.1    5 years ago
Pretty sure Trump didn't know about it until it was over

I am pretty sure trump doesn't even know how many branches of the military we have. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
16  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

The dead terrorist is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

As is customary, what appears to be his last name, al-Baghdadi, means he comes from Baghdad.

Al means from or of.

Check out my name, Al Jizzerror.

Can you guess where I cum from?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
16.1  bbl-1  replied to  al Jizzerror @16    5 years ago

Slovenia?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
16.2  cobaltblue  replied to  al Jizzerror @16    5 years ago
I cum from

It's on the tip of my tongue. 

CB
Professor Principal
17  CB    5 years ago

Busy days! I will be back very soon!

original

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
18  cobaltblue    5 years ago

c631027b418b7a8cef699e6d5bbfb564.jpg

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
19  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

$20 that the SOF members won't be killed off like they were after another terrorist leader was killed.