╌>

Haley: Sanders wants to give Israel's money to terrorists

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  20 comments

By:   Elad Benari, Editor, Israel National News

BUZZ NOTE: According to Sanders, a self-loathing Jew, Israel is a racist country, ignoring the fact that Israel has a 20% Arab/Muslim population with the same rights as Jews, the right to vote, at least one Arab/Muslim political party in the Knesset, Arab/Muslim mayors and officials in many towns, at least one Supreme Court judge, members of the IDF, professionals such as doctors, nurses, in the Israeli Hospitals (I personally witnessed that years ago in an Orthodox Jewish hospital), owners and partners in businesses, etc etc etc.  

As for Netanyahu, I have been critical of him for some reasons as well, but he is a strong defender of the security of Israel, and from what I see happening in Israel with the inconclusive elections, may not be around much longer anyway.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former US Ambassador to UN: Just when you thought Bernie Sanders couldn’t get any more radical, he outdid himself.

875665.jpg

Nikki Haley (Reuters)

Nikki Haley, the former US Ambassador to the UN, on Monday fired back after Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)   called the Israeli government “racist”   and suggested that the US should redirect its aid to Israel and give it to Gaza instead.

“Just when you thought Bernie Sanders couldn’t get any more radical, he outdid himself. He wants to take money we give to Israel to defend itself from terrorists, and give it to Gaza, which is run by terrorists?? Unreal. Why isn’t every other Dem pres candidate saying he’s wrong?” tweeted Haley.

Sanders, who is seeking the Democratic party’s presidential nomination, made the comments during an address at the J Street conference.

"It is not anti-Semitism to say that the Netanyahu government has been racist," Sanders said. "That's a fact."

He also addressed the close friendship between US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and ridiculed the two, saying, "One is on the way to being ousted and the other may be sent to prison."

Sanders, who is Jewish, has caused an uproar due to anti-Israel statements he has made in the past.

In August,   Sanders said   the US cannot prioritize the wants and needs of Israel over all else if it wants to help bring peace to the Middle East.

In April,   he described the Israeli government   as “racist” and said that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu “is a right-wing politician who I think is treating the Palestinian people extremely unfairly."

Last year,   he criticized   Netanyahu and his policies, saying, "As someone who believes absolutely and unequivocally in Israel's right to exist... we must say loudly and clearly, that to oppose the reactionary policies of Prime Minister Netanyahu does not make us anti-Israel."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

My comments are clearly stated above the seeded article.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Great find.  I heard Sanders comments on the Mark Levin show today.  He referred to J Street as a place where self loathing Jews such as Soros and Sanders go to bash Israel.  

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    5 years ago

Now who is engaging in rank antisemitic rhetoric? "SELF LOATHING JEWS LIKE SANDERS AND SOROS? If Ilhan Omar said that crap she would rightfully be condemned for indulging in rank antisemitic hate speech! Coming from some rightwing christian zealots or shady foreigner bloggers it should not  passes muster here either! If it does, then I really do not get it. We must have gone down the rabbit's hole and through the looking glass...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

Since when is American Foreign Aid automatically presumed to be "Israel's Money"?

And, since when is it okay for foreigners to slander American Jews in such ways that if any other person were to did so publicly they might rightfully be accused of indulging in antisemitic rhetoric?

Is Bernie Sanders a "Self Loathing Jew"? United States Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont? US Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders? That Bernie Sanders? 

This is cringe worthy content which actually may actually be contrary to American election laws. Now let the endless drone of indignant unfounded baseless accusations and assaults upon my character commence. I am used to it...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago
This is cringe worthy content which actually may actually be contrary to American election laws.

Who are you accusing of violating American election laws? Buzz?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1    5 years ago

Maybe, per the FBI's website. It surely might trigger an official inquiry or cause red flags among US intelligence agencies. See The atrached...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    5 years ago

Jeeze, you must have read too many spy stories and conspiracy stories.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    5 years ago

Then you must be unaware that it is illegal for foreigners to try and influence an American Presidential campaign. 

And, I will also guarantee you one damn thing, too. There are no websites widely available to the people of China where Americans, foreigners or even Chinese can slander the elected leaders of China's government the way US Senator and US Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders has been slandered here! NONE!NADA! ZERO! ZIP! [Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    5 years ago
Then you must be unaware that it is illegal for foreigners to try and influence an American Presidential campaign. 

Nope. I knew that. And???

And, I will also guarantee you one damn thing, too. There are no websites widely available to the people of China where Americans, foreigners or even Chinese can slander the elected leaders of China's government the way US Senator and US Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders has been slandered here! NONE!NADA! ZERO! ZIP! [Deleted

Oh, you guarantee it? That is just swell!!

What a stupendously inane comment to make to me since I have never disputed that. Are we just throwing random facts out now that no is disputing??

LMMFAO!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    5 years ago

Slandering the POTUS and his government is commonplace around the world, but it doesn't COMPARE to the total lack of disrespect slandering SO MANY Americans have for them, their own flag and national anthem that it pales American anti-China psychosis to be tiny in comparison.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    5 years ago
"Then you must be unaware that it is illegal for foreigners to try and influence an American Presidential campaign."

I'd venture to say that the Democrats may preach that but their hero Obama sure as hell didn't practise, interfering in both Israel's and Canada's elections.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    5 years ago
It surely might trigger an official inquiry or cause red flags among US intelligence agencies.

And monkeys surely might fly out of my butt.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago
"Since when is American Foreign Aid automatically presumed to be "Israel's Money"?"

The headline was badly written but I am not permitted to rewrite it. If you take the trouble to go past just the headline and actually read the quoted words that Nikki Haley said, you might have come to the conclusion that the headline was probably written by a person whose English is not their first language, and I'm sure, jbb, that you would not be the kind of person who would criticize a person whose second language might not be perfect. 

Haley's words that were quoted were "He wants to take money we give to Israel to defend itself from terrorists, and give it to Gaza, which is run by terrorists??"

"And, since when is it okay for foreigners to slander American Jews in such ways that if any other person were to did so publicly they might rightfully be accused of indulging in antisemitic rhetoric?"

If you don't identify the person you mean as a foreigner, then withdraw the statement as it is a generalization or it will be flagged as one.

"Is Bernie Sanders a "Self Loathing Jew"? United States Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont? US Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders? That Bernie Sanders?" 

In my opinion, any Jew who bashes Israel, who supports BDS, is a self-loathing Jew. 

"This is cringe worthy content which actually may actually be contrary to American election laws."

Go ahead and start a lawsuit against Nikki Haley, or even me, if you like throwing your money away. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.4  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

Explain to me and everyone else here why you are condemning a foreign source for saying something potentially derogatory about a democrat politician but completely support and encourage foreigners to condemn and falsely accuse Republican politicians? Do you employ and advocate for the use of some sort of different or variable standard be used depending on who you agree with?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

There are few things more insane in this world than the audacity to accuse Israel of racism, intolerance, and injustice, particularly when you compare it to the other countries in the region. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

Haley?  What ever.  Is she protecting money?  Ours?  Or ours that has become theirs?

This whole thing seems scripted straight out of The Kremlin.

"A self loathing Jew."  ? ?  Really?  There is something happening here and it is ugly.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago
"There's something happening here...."

So what is it, bbl-1?   Innuendo is a tool for the gutless.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    5 years ago

The innuendo you accuse is within this thing you posted.  Look at yourself instead of others for an excuse.

And I stand with what I said.  "There is something happening here and it is ugly."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    5 years ago

The J Street Democrats and their pro-anti-Israel past

J Street was founded by Clinton operative Jeremy Ben-Ami and Israeli far-left political figure Daniel Levy in late 2007. One of its chief sources of funding -- a source obscured in the early years by its founders -- was anti-Israel radical George Soros. 

This week, four of the top candidates for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination -- Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Julian Castro and Bernie Sanders -- gathered at the J Street Conference to explain why the United States ought to pressure the state of Israel to make concessions to terrorists, why the Obama administration was correct to appease the Iranian regime and why American Jews ought to value the opinions of Bernie Sanders over those of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the future of Jewish safety.

Two other top Democrats -- Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden -- sent video messages in support of the group.

By contrast, when the American Israel Public Affairs Committee held its annual conference in March, not a single Democratic presidential candidate showed up. The Democrats are, by and large, simply too ashamed to stand with an actual pro-Israel group, although prominent congressional leaders still show up to mouth nostrums about bipartisan support for Israel.

But the heart of the Democratic Party has moved against Israel. That's because Israel is economically successful, while its enemies are not; Israel is liberal, while its enemies are not; Israel is the tip of the spear of Western civilization in an area known for its tribalism and brutality. This means that according to the radical left, Israel is an exploitative country hell-bent on domination, despite its lack of territorial ambition -- Israel has signed over large swaths of land won through military victory to geopolitical enemies, and offered much more repeatedly.

So the Democrats built up and gave credence to J Street, a Trojan horse group dedicated to undermining American support for Israel and justifying left-wing hatred of the Jewish state. J Street was founded by Clinton operative Jeremy Ben-Ami and Israeli far-left political figure Daniel Levy in late 2007. One of its chief sources of funding -- a source obscured in the early years by its founders -- was anti-Israel radical George Soros.

The media quickly began treating J Street as a legitimate representative of mainstream Jewish opinion on Israel, and so did Democrats, particularly in the anti-Israel Obama administration: Rather than having to deal with those troublesome actually pro-Israel voices at AIPAC, it was easier to bring in a few ringers from J Street to pretend that advocating for negotiations with Hamas represented an acceptable opinion in the pro-Israel community.

And those sorts of positions routinely crop up at J Street. J Street repeatedly urged the Obama administration to abstain from anti-Israel resolutions at the United Nations. Proponents of the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement have found comfort at their events. J Street was an adamant backer of Barack Obama's Iran deal when the pro-Israel community unanimously opposed it. J Street has refused to condemn a government deal between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas, and has even undermined Israeli self-defense in conflicts with Hamas. On campus, J Street regularly hosts groups dedicated to smearing the Israel Defense Forces.

So it was no wonder that Bernie Sanders arrived at the J Street conference and quickly suggested aid to Israel be redirected to the Gaza Strip, run by Hamas, to the cheers of attendees. It was no surprise when Buttigieg suggested that the Iran deal correctly ignored Iran's terrorist funding and ballistic missile testing, while also suggesting that America reconsider aid to Israel if Israel continues to build in disputed areas of Judea and Samaria. It was no shock when Julian Castro pledged to open an embassy in East Jerusalem for the Palestinians -- despite the fact that no solution has been negotiated with regard to the final status of Jerusalem.

Leaders in the Democratic Party may maintain that their anti-Israel turn is due to Benjamin Netanyahu. Those who understand Israeli politics know better. There is wide consensus in Israel that no negotiation can be expected with Hamas, Islamic jihadis or the Palestinian Authority; those negotiations have ended in blood too many times. Absent a peace partner, there can be no peace. Democrats must know this. But they'd prefer to blind themselves to that knowledge -- and use J Street to cover their tracks.