Trump tweets fake photo of dog in recent Isis raid getting medal of honor

Via:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  52 comments

Trump tweets fake photo of dog in recent Isis raid getting medal of honor
Donald Trump has tweeted a fake image of himself awarding a medal of honor to the military dog involved in the raid that killed the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A conservative website produced the image, replacing the retired army medic who actually received the honor with the dog’s head

Donald Trump  has tweeted a fake image of himself awarding a medal of honor to the military dog involved in the raid that killed the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The image, apparently produced by the Daily Wire, a conservative site, is an altered version of an actual photograph of Trump awarding the medal of honor in 2017 to James McCloughan, a retired army medic who was honored for saving the lives of 10 people during the Vietnam war, the New York Times  reported .

The medal of honor is the most prestigious military decoration awarded to US service members for extraordinary acts of valor.

In the image tweeted by the US president, McCloughan’s head has been replaced with the head of the dog,  reportedly named “Conan” , with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

McCloughan laughed when a Times reporter  showed him the two images .  Military dogs “are very courageous”, he said.

It wasn’t the dog’s first brush with fame. On Tuesday, Trump tweeted another photo of the “wonderful” animal, who was injured during the raid on Baghdadi’s Syrian compound.

The defense secretary, Mark Esper, has said the dog “performed a tremendous service, as they all do”.

The Pentagon provided further information about the military animal on Wednesday, saying that the animal was hurt after being exposed to live electrical cables but has returned to active duty.

Gen Frank McKenzie, who leads US Central Command, told reporters the dog was injured when it came in contact with the cables as it pursued Baghdadi in a tunnel underneath the compound in north-western Syria.

The Pentagon has not released the dog’s name. McKenzie said the dog has worked with special operations forces for four years and taken part in about 50 missions. He said working dogs like this one are “critical members of our forces”.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

The hero dog got a medal from a pig. 

-

The real recipient of the medal seems not to mind the prank, but I think Trump could have at least acknowledged the man whose picture was taken out of the photo. 

Paula Bartholomew
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

If I was still in the Army and qualified for the medal, I would rather turn it down than have a draft dodger present it to me.

devangelical
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

the full picture actually shows POS/POTUS with his pants and boxers around his ankles. poor dog.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 weeks ago

Oh. Hell. To. The. No.  

I have no problem with the dog receiving a medal.  I'm sure that both he and his handler are more than deserving. The problem is with Trump making it about himself with a sham scenario.  Again.

Dulay
2.1  Dulay  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    2 weeks ago

bbl-1
3  bbl-1    3 weeks ago

Trump needs to be amidst heroes.  That is something he can never be.

None the less, the vacuuous MAGA hat base needs the fuel or it will burn itself out.  

Paula Bartholomew
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bbl-1 @3    3 weeks ago

The only heroes he concerns himself with are from Subway.

Tacos!
4  Tacos!    3 weeks ago

Can't we just say something positive for the dog? Is it necessary to make everything an "opportunity" to vent hatred for Trump?

JohnRussell
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 weeks ago
Can't we just say something positive for the dog?

Couldnt Trump just say something positive about the dog without putting himself in the center of a "ceremony" giving the dog the congressional medal of honor? 

Dean Moriarty
4.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago

It’s much more entertaining when he multitasks and makes liberals cry while simultaneously honoring the dog.

MUVA
4.1.2  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 weeks ago

If you look it isn't a congressional medal of honor and Trump didn't make the meme he merely tweeted it.  

Paula Bartholomew
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

The  picture is an obvious fake.  Conan has not met with Trump so how is he honoring the dog?  If he had simply used the picture and privately presented it to his handler with "I wish I could do this for real." then maybe I would have said well done.   But no.  He tweeted it out along with statements he never made adding another lie to the growing pile all to make himself look good.

Trout Giggles
4.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.3    2 weeks ago

I don't think trmp even likes dogs, does he?

Tessylo
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

I don't think dogs like him either.  It would be quite the punishment for the poor pooch for this 'president' to place the medal.  It would be great though if he actually did, and the dog pissed on his leg.  

Trout Giggles
4.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.5    2 weeks ago

I don't think any dog would lower himself to piss on that man's leg. It just wouldn't be dignified

Paula Bartholomew
4.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

I doubt he does.

Trout Giggles
4.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

If the proud hero does come to the WH, trmp will probably insist on a thorough cleaning and take about 3 showers because "dog germs".

Isn't he a germophobic?

Trout Giggles
4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @4    2 weeks ago

It's a beautiful dog and deserves a reward. I bet he would like a bag of Pupperoni

JohnRussell
5  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago
And then the dog said, "No, no, no SIR, you're the real hero here. Please accept my medal. WOOF!"

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    2 weeks ago

Dear Diary,

The dog was never at the White House.

Too funny. The media lost their minds and Twitter got the laugh at their expense.

The Donald has ruined your minds. 

Funniest twitter freakout I've ever seen. Jim Acosta and company are now the biggest jokes on Social Media once again.

JohnRussell
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6    2 weeks ago
The Donald has ruined minds. 

Indeed

id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    2 weeks ago

I am willing to chip in a few bucks to send these two clowns to Russia.  The tickets would be one way only.  Then we can set up a fund for the 18,748 Likes to join them.  Putin can always use street cleaners in Siberia even though those two are probably under qualified for the job.

Trout Giggles
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.1    2 weeks ago

Those guys are old enough to remember "better dead than red"

They should be ashamed of themselves

Paula Bartholomew
6.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    2 weeks ago

Shame is something his supporters will never have.  I just wish I had been where those two asshats showed up in those shirts.   I would have simply told them "That can be arranged comrades."

Trout Giggles
6.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.3    2 weeks ago

I believe you.

JohnRussell
7  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
The Donald has ruined minds. 

The evidence is overwhelming as we watch Trump supporters struggle to make any sense when they defend him. 

MUVA
7.1  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 weeks ago

Defend what?

JohnRussell
7.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @7.1    2 weeks ago

Defend what?

Trump’s Limo Driver of 25 Years Confirms He’s an ...

Jul 09, 2018  ·   Trump’s Limo Driver of 25 Years Confirms He’s an Unrepentant Asshole. The president, who has a storied history of stiffing workers, (allegedly!) owes his driver hundreds of thousands of ...

==========

Assholes: A Theory of Donald Trump by Aaron James ...

Donald Trump is an asshole is a fact widely agreed upon—even by his supporters, who actually like that about him. But his startling political rise makes the question of just what sort of   asshole   he is, and how his   assholedom   may help to explain his success, one not just of philosophical interest but of almost existential urgency.

======================

“We’re Assholes”: Sarah Huckabee Sanders Announces the ...

Jul 02, 2018  · Essentially, anyone who still publicly identifies as a Republican is an asshole. It’s really Donald Trump’s party now, a big tent by and for assholes, including not just racist assholes, but greedy assholes as well.

=================

Most Americans think Trump is a crook - The Washington Post

May 02, 2019  · Most Americans think Trump is a crook . President Richard M. Nixon in 1973; President   Trump   in January. ... Even if Mueller does not increase the percentage of voters who think   Trump  

======================

Justice Dept: Trump Is A Crook | The American Conservative

Dec 07, 2018  · Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get   Donald Trump   elected President.” Democrat: 55% definitely or probably true PPP –   Trump   Supporters Think Obama is a …

===================

So,   Trump 's A   Crook   — Now What? | Cognoscenti

Dec 18, 2018  · So,   Trump 's A   Crook   — Now What? December 18, 2018. Steve Almond. In this Dec. 13, 2018, file photo, President   Donald Trump   listens during a …

======================

Is Donald Trump an idiot? The answer is truly worrying ...

Dec 02, 2017  · Is Donald Trump an idiot? The answer is truly worrying Yonden Lhatoo finds questions about   Donald Trump ’s mental fitness not only justified but …

=======================

A Brief History of Trump’s Allies Calling Him an Idiot ...

H.R. McMaster Back in November, the National Security Adviser reportedly called Trump an “idiot” and a “dope” during a private dinner, where he also allegedly took swipes at Jared Kushner. The...

========================

Trump Is an Idiot   Who Didn’t Get an MBA From Wharton ...

Think about this: When President   Donald Trump   was a private citizen, he hated President Barack Obama so much that he regularly antagonized him on Twitter. ...   Trump Is an Idiot   Who Didn’t Get an ...

=====================

Trump is a baldfaced liar - The Washington Post

Jun 22, 2018  · No other words for it: Trump is a baldfaced liar . ...   Donald Trump   cannot go unanswered. He must be held accountable — by the law and at the polls. For America’s sake, nothing less will do. ...

===============

MUVA
7.1.2  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

I haven't defended any of those things I just will not vote and disagree with everything democrats stand for from wealth redistribution to wealth confiscation . 

JohnRussell
7.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @7.1.2    2 weeks ago
I just will not vote and disagree with everything democrats stand for

There are literally thousands of Republican and conservative politicians that are not named Donald Trump.  Run one of them for president instead of the liar, crook, bigot and moron you currently support. 

loki12
7.1.4  loki12  replied to  MUVA @7.1.2    2 weeks ago

They should subpoena the limousine driver and impeach trump immediately, they really have him this time! And Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Just Jim NC TttH
7.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MUVA @7.1.2    2 weeks ago

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MUVA @7.1.2    2 weeks ago

By supporting Trump, you have indeed defended those things by proxy.

MUVA
7.1.7  MUVA  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.6    2 weeks ago

No I defend my own actions I would not  vote or in any way help a democrat get elected.

Tacos!
7.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 weeks ago

You really have a problem with supporting the idea of praising a brave dog?

Kavika
8  Kavika     2 weeks ago

The Medal of Honor is, IMO, something that should not be used as a prop or in ridiculous tweets and memes. 

To me, it's a sacred thing signifying the highest form of self-sacrifice by the individual for his country and fellow servicemen and women. 

Is the dog worthy of an award, IMO of course? As far as I know that US military does not have a category for awards to military dogs. The Lois Pope foundation which sponsors the American Humane hero dog awards has a special award for the dogs. 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/05/29/these-four-military-dogs-just-received-the-nations-highest-honor/

Should the military have a special category for the canine hero's...Yes and Yes again. 

The British have this system and award, it called the ''Dickin Medal''.

JMO

MUVA
8.1  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @8    2 weeks ago

I would agree but it isn't the congressional medal of honor it has been altered.As a aside did you ever work with a guy named Sherman Williford would have been a lieutenant at the time he later became the commander of delta force ?

Kavika
8.1.1  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @8.1    2 weeks ago
I would agree but it isn't the congressional medal of honor it has been altered.As a aside did you ever work with a guy named Sherman Williford would have been a lieutenant at the time he later became the commander of delta force ?

Yes, it has been altered and that to me is disgusting. It is a very special award and, IMO, should never be used or altered for jokes/memes/tweets or any other thing.

No, I never did meet Sherman Williford.

MUVA
8.1.2  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @8.1.1    2 weeks ago

Just checking he is friend of my father in laws thought you may have run across him. 

Kavika
8.1.3  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @8.1.2    2 weeks ago

Does he know Al Harvard who retired as a Major in the early 80's. Served in Vietnam and in Military Intel in Tehran? 

MUVA
8.1.4  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @8.1.3    2 weeks ago

He is coming into town this weekend I’ll ask him.

Paula Bartholomew
8.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MUVA @8.1.2    2 weeks ago

You have more than one father in law?

MUVA
8.1.6  MUVA  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1.5    2 weeks ago

No just one .

Kavika
8.1.7  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @8.1.4    2 weeks ago

Good, let me know.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @8    2 weeks ago

I think the Purina Company has yearly awards for canine bravery.

Sean Treacy
9  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

The daily wires official response to a press inquiry from the Washington post about a joke, says it all:

”you’ve got to be fucking joking.”

If this counts as a problem, the world must be just about perfect.

Kavika
10  Kavika     2 weeks ago

ba2fd2ea05b51c8cdc7ca4bcf1c7c484.jpg

Just Jim NC TttH
10.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago

At least when Trump re-tweeted, he had the actual dog's image in it.

skynews-delta-force-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi

But the sentiment is warranted for all of our four legged soldiers. Thanks for sharing that one.

It Is ME
10.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1    2 weeks ago

Dogs are peoples too. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
10.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @10.1.1    2 weeks ago

Sometimes they are better than people.

It Is ME
10.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.2    2 weeks ago
Sometimes they are better than people.

Sometimes. jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
10.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @10    2 weeks ago