╌>

Killed That Wall! Smugglers Defeating Trump’s New Replacement Border Fence with $100 Power Saws

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  173 comments

Killed That Wall! Smugglers Defeating Trump’s New Replacement Border Fence with $100 Power Saws
The report goes on to say that an unnamed Trump administration official downplayed the breaches as “a few instances” and touted security and deterrence features on the new replacement barriers. Since taking office, Trump has built zero miles of new border barrier, and procured zero dollars from Mexico to pay for any new barrier.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump-border-1200x630.jpg

President   Donald Trump’s   replacement border barrier program — which   includes zero miles   of new barriers — isn’t going so well, according to Washington Post reporting that drug smugglers are defeating the new design with power saws.

Trump has repeatedly   touted the impenetrability   of the new design, but apparently, smugglers have found a way to get through that requires nothing more than a hundred bucks and a hardware store.   The Washington Post   reports :

Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

After cutting through the base of a single bollard, smugglers can push the steel out of the way, allowing an adult to fit through the gap. Because the bollards are so tall — and are attached only to a panel at the very top — their length makes them easier to push aside once they have been cut and are left dangling, according to engineers consulted by The Washington Post.

The report goes on to say that an unnamed Trump administration official downplayed the breaches as “a few instances” and touted security and deterrence features on the new replacement barriers.

Since taking office, Trump   has built zero miles   of new border barrier, and   procured zero dollars   from Mexico to pay for any new barrier.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump must be using cheap foreign steel again. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

"America First"....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    5 years ago

Everyone uses "Chinese Steel", or "Japanese", even before Trump became President.

That's what EVERYONE has to work with.

That's not Trumps fault.

Bet you only bought "American made" before Trump.....huh ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago
That's not Trumps fault.

It's not trumps fault trump uses chinese steel. Interesting... jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  sixpick  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

Now that's funny.  We gave up our steel industry a long time ago, long before Trump even dreamed of being President.  Trump may not be successful in bringing steel back and it's somewhat a shame.  Some purchases from other countries allow us to spend less and use the difference we would have spent on more important items.  Way too many products that come out of China are substandard compared to what we could produce ourselves, but you don't need a $100 wrench to do a $10 job all the time, but you have to realize if you need something made at home to sustain your freedom or prevent your loss of liberty, then the extra cost is worth it.  

I suggest we buy the steel where they bought the chains on those chainsaws.  Those are one hell of a chain to cut through steel.

You do know ole Mediaite is not known for their accuracy in reporting, even from the Left Wing Mediabiasfactcheck.org.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  sixpick @1.1.3    5 years ago
We gave up our steel industry a long time ago, long before Trump even dreamed of being President.

Our steel industry is diminished but still exists, and would have probably have loved the government contract that went to China.

As of 2015, major steel-makers in the United States included: ArcelorMittal USA, AK Steel, Carpenter Technology, Commercial Metals Company, Nucor, Steel Dynamics, and U.S. Steel.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.1.5  al Jizzerror  replied to  sixpick @1.1.3    5 years ago
I suggest we buy the steel where they bought the chains on those chainsaws.

The vertical steel and concrete slats were cut with a reciprocating saw.

I have a DeWalt reciprocating saw.  It cuts just about anything.  I have a set of different kinds of blades for cutting different materials.  I used my hacksaw blades to remove an 8 foot high chain link fence.  The fence posts were 3 inch galvanized steel pipes.  It wasn't like cutting through butter butt I was able to saw right through them.

Here's a famous jackass using a similar reciprocating saw to saw the roof off of a Hummer:

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Like everyone carries one of these saws with them.

So a few manage to get through, and that makes Anti-Trumpers celebrate.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

So a few manage to get through, and that makes Anti-Trumpers celebrate.

Nah...... We're just pointing out the obvious to oblivious trump lovers that spending money securing the border with fencing is a waste of money when there are other more cost effective methods.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

Many seem to support illegal aliens coming here by any means necessary.

Including circumventing walls.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.3    5 years ago

Many it would seem to support a multi-billion dollar waste of money when there are many more cost effective methods of securing our borders.

But alas, the effects of drinking the Orange Kool-Aid don't seem to be reverable. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @1.2.2    5 years ago

How about:  

Tethered Aerostats at 5000Ft.   These worked well in Iraq, and are proven technology from all the way back in the 1970 with Cuba, and drug runners.

Integrated fixed towers (IFTs) , composed of radar, infrared and microwave linked.  The first generation in 2005 didn't work well.  The off the shelf stuff installed in Arizona in 2012 has proven to be much more reliable.

Seriously.... how about we focus on the truth of where the problems are:

More secure ports of entry

The wall would stretch across a vast expanse of desert between ports of entry. Yet, most security threats are at ports of entry rather than between. About one-fifth of the number of gang members apprehended were at ports of entry (a significantly larger number than the six members who were apprehended between).

T here has been a sizable increase in cross-border trafficking of drugs such as heroin, fentanyl, methamphetamine and cocaine in recent years. According to Customs and Border Protection data, these drugs are almost entirely trafficked at the land ports of entry and at the 47 official border crossings.

The same goes for suspected terrorists. The  State Department estimated  that exactly zero terrorists entered the United States from the U.S.-Mexico border. In fact, counties along the southern border are among the safest in the United States.

The  Department of Homeland security  stated, “Most of these individuals are trying to enter the U.S. by air,” meaning the wall would be largely ineffective in preventing a terrorist threat.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    5 years ago

For every tall fence, there is a taller ladder out there.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.4    5 years ago

Name those more effective ways to keep people from crossing the border whenever and wherever they wish.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.7    5 years ago

I did..... and they are more cost effective than a static wall.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.5    5 years ago

How much would it cost to put crocodiles and piranha fish in the river?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  sixpick  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    5 years ago
there are other more cost effective methods.

Such as?  I know you are correct or at least there are probably other methods to be explored.  Could you enlighten us to some of them.  Maybe we could use some of those methods instead of locks on our doors or fences around our homes. Count me in if you have some ideas to save some money.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  sixpick  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.5    5 years ago
More secure ports of entry

I didn't see your post before I posted above, but I can agree with you Fly on that idea 100%.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.12  sixpick  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.6    5 years ago

Although that may be true to some extent, Paula, what do you suggest all the businesses with fences around them today do?  I see quite a few with razor wire on the top.  Now nothing is going to stop someone who is prepared to get over a wall, under a wall or even through a wall, if they are determined and prepared to do so, no more than you can stop a person from getting into your home if they are prepared and determined, but it is a deterrent and it can be one deterrent of several.  You can swim to Cuba if you want, but the ocean and all that lives in it are pretty good deterrents to prevent you from trying.

I suggest we change some of our laws and just return people who come into this country illegally, at the very least.  Stop making it beneficial to come here illegally and this will be a much longer and effective solution to a lot of problems, such as the separation of families who have been here for decades. 

You do know that the Obama Administration separated over a half million parents from their American born children by deporting them for various reasons during from 2009 through 2015, don't you?  If we nip it in the bud, it will not destroy families decades down the road.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.13  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.6    5 years ago

Yep.  Ladders are the cheap low tech solution for climbing expensive walls.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.14  Dulay  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.13    5 years ago

Hell al, that's WAY too heavy and expensive. You can get a collapsible 16' ladder for about $70 and it only weighs about 25 lbs. Easily strapped to a back pack. That would get you right over Trump's 18' fence. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.15  al Jizzerror  replied to  Dulay @1.2.14    5 years ago

Ladders?

We don't need no stinking ladders.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.16  Dulay  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.15    5 years ago

BUTT they tested it with Mountaineers and Navy Seals and Special Ops. How oh how is that possible?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.17  al Jizzerror  replied to  Dulay @1.2.16    5 years ago
How oh how is that possible?

It's not "possible" it's 100% pure bullshit.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Dulay  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.17    5 years ago

Right because thousands of people have scaled the 3000' El Capitan but they can't scale a 18' or 30' fence. It's ridiculous. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.19  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @1.2.18    5 years ago
but they can't scale a 18' or 30' fence. It's ridiculous. 

It's a deterrent, people with common sense understand that. 

Why lock your doors to your house when the door can easily be kicked in? I kicked in plenty of dead bolted doors when I was a volunteer fireman. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.19    5 years ago
It's a deterrent, people with common sense understand that. 

For those insisting on being obtuse, it is not easily understood--with or without common sense!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.22  al Jizzerror  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.19    5 years ago
Why lock your doors to your house when the door can easily be kicked in?

Comparing the locks on my doors to the Mediocre Wall of Trump is absurd.

The locks on my doors didn't cost the taxpayers billions of dollars.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.23  KDMichigan  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.22    5 years ago

Thanks for letting us know you don't understand what a deterrent is.

Why would you put locks on your doors then?

A mediocre wall is better than nothing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.22    5 years ago

And the locks on your door weren't designed or installed with the idea of making entry more difficult for millions of illegal aliens.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.25  al Jizzerror  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.23    5 years ago
A mediocre wall is better than nothing. 

Not if it costs the taxpayers billions and it's not as effective as better cheaper solutions.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.26  al Jizzerror  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.24    5 years ago
And the locks on your door weren't designed or installed with the idea of making entry more difficult for millions of illegal aliens.

Wow!

Your insight has been blind sided by your magnificent brilliance. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.27  KDMichigan  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.25    5 years ago
Not if it costs the taxpayers billions and it's not as effective as better cheaper solutions.

And how much do you think Illegal immigrants cost a year? I'll let you look up your own numbers. The cost of the wall so far is far less. 

What is your better cheaper solution?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.26    5 years ago
Wow!
Your insight has been blind sided by your magnificent brilliance. 

Happy to be able to illuminate your dreary days!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.30  al Jizzerror  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.27    5 years ago
What is your better cheaper solution?

A cheap fence (like they have in Arizona).

Hiring veterans to bolster the Border Patrol.

Using high tech surveillance methods (sensors, drones and satellites) to monitor the border.

Reduce the incentives (jobs) that attract undocumented immigrants by passing laws requiring the use of e-verify and heavily fining employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.31  al Jizzerror  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.28    5 years ago
your dreary days

It's sleeting here today.

Butt, it's a dry sleet so it's a very nice day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.32  Texan1211  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.31    5 years ago
It's sleeting here today.
Butt, it's a dry sleet so it's a very nice day.

That is very nice, ass I wouldn't want you to suffer in darkness any longer.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.33  KDMichigan  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.2.30    5 years ago
A cheap fence (like they have in Arizona).

Which one? Do you figure in the cost of upkeep?

But gee why would you need a "cheap" fence if deterrents don't work?

Hiring veterans to bolster the Border Patrol

This should be done regardless.

Using high tech surveillance methods (sensors, drones and satellites) to monitor the border.

This is already done.

Reduce the incentives (jobs) that attract undocumented immigrants by passing laws requiring the use of e-verify and heavily fining employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

Neither party is willing to do this. We all know why.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.34  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago
Like everyone carries one of these saws with them.

Just everyone that wants to go through the "wall".

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.35  al Jizzerror  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.32    5 years ago
That is very nice, ass

Thanks for noticing.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.36  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.19    5 years ago

Doors have multiple uses other than 'deterring' entry. Mine keeps my cats and dog in and since yesterday, the snow OUT. 

The Trump fence wasn't hyped as a way to discourage entry, it was hyped as the ultimate barrier to STOP entry. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.37  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @1.2.36    5 years ago
Doors have multiple uses other than 'deterring' entry. Mine keeps my cats and dog in and since yesterday, the snow OUT. 

The use of doors wasn't the question and no one gives a shit about your cats. 

but they can't scale a 18' or 30' fence. It's ridiculous. 

Why put locks on your doors?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.38  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.37    5 years ago
The use of doors wasn't the question

You sure as fuck DID bring up the use of doors and how easily you kick them in. 

and no one gives a shit about your cats. 

Au contraire. Many give a shit about my cats. 

Why put locks on your doors?

Wait WHAT? I thought you just said this wasn't about doors. Sheesh, make up your mind. 

Now, I presume that you're trying to claim that locks on doors are somehow analogous to 18' fences. You're wrong.

So it doesn't matter why one puts locks on doors. 

The POINT, is that Trump is demanding that the US rape the DOJ budget to spend Billions on fences that don't do what he claimed they would do.

Trump said they couldn't be climbed. They can, easily. 

Hell, they spent millions on "prototypes' and then went right back to the same baluster fence that they'd been building all along [just taller] and that they KNEW could be easily cut through with the right kind of saw blade.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.39  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @1.2.38    5 years ago
You're wrong.

And your always right? 

Thanks for showing you don't understand the concept of deterrents either.

Now have fun spinning and sputtering.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.40  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.39    5 years ago
And your always right? 

Nope. 

Thanks for showing you don't understand the concept of deterrents either.

I understand the concept that the investment of $150 bucks for a sawsall and blades isn't much of a deterrent to drug smugglers. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

I would bet that he still would and find some way to avoid his own tariffs.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

Any photo's of the actual "supposed" breach yet ? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago
Any photo's

Of course not.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago
Any photo's of the actual "supposed" breach yet ? 

Here's an interesting test.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    5 years ago

Seems rather strange that an actual American would rather cheerlead for lawbreakers than be worried over border security.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago
Seems rather strange that an actual American would rather cheerlead for lawbreakers than be worried over border security.

IT'S AGAINST TRUMP ! jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Nothing else matters in "Liberal Land" ! jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

The biggest laugh on this so-called report is, They'll "Report It", but won't actually show one (Picture) what they are speaking of.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

Butt, Americans need to know Trump's gazillion $$$ wall is being "trumped" by $100 Sawzalls...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @3.3    5 years ago
Don't ALL Americans need to know that Trump's gazillion $$$ wall can be "trumped" by a $100 Sawzall?

Pictures ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.3    5 years ago

BUTT????

How about just BUT?

Keep cheerleading for illegal alien lawbreakers! 

Sis, boom, bah!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

Gee, after reading that link, one might tend to think the liberals crying about "No Wall Built" are so very wrong.

Once again, proving Reagan right!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.5  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.4    5 years ago

NEWSFLASH- Trump's Wall Trumped By Sawzall!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @3.3.6    5 years ago

And every horizontal piece of steel now provides an intermediate grappling point on the structure.

Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity. If mountain ranges and oceans can be overcome, anything made by man can be overcome.”

G. Patton

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3.11  Ronin2  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.10    5 years ago

Patton was talking in military terms. If this was a wall to keep out a modern military, his quote would be very accurate.

Of course every day thousands of illegal immigrants carry around heavy electric saws to cut through rebar. They all stand around patiently while a small hole is made and they can climb through 1 by one. No BP around to monitor at all.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.3.12  sixpick  replied to  XDm9mm @3.3.6    5 years ago

You know, sometimes it just get too surreal, doesn't it?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

Not strange at all when one considers that the hard core progressive liberal left on NT's sheer unmitigated and almost rabid hatred of the president most likely clouds their perspective and causes border security to take a back seat.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.4    5 years ago

They are cheering that the walls are only 90% effective and celebrating the 10% who bring drugs, human trafficking, and MS-13,into the America they hate so much.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.1    5 years ago

Heck, some of them seem to be darn near making good old boy next door upstanding heroes out of them!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.4.7  Dulay  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.4.4    5 years ago

Human trafficking is NOT the same as human smuggling. 

The VAST majority of humans trafficked are ADULTS.

The majority of humans trafficked are CITIZENS. 

ALL of that data is on the website you referenced. 

But hey, you got to post another misleading image. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.4.8  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @3.4.7    5 years ago
The majority of humans trafficked are CITIZENS. 

human trafficking
[human trafficking]

NOUN
the action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation.

So is it your posit that only on the Mexican border women and children brought across illegally for the sex trade isn't considered trafficking but smuggling?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.4.4    5 years ago

Notice that only three states on the list actually share a common physical border with Mexico? Those being Arizona, California, and Texas.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.4.11  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @3.4.8    5 years ago

It's my posit that I accurately cited the data and information on the website referenced in the misleading image. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4.12  Greg Jones  replied to    5 years ago

Nope. He mixed it up with a prostitute and lost. I sure he knows where all the brothels are and what an "outcall" is.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.4.13  al Jizzerror  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.4.10    5 years ago
Notice that only three states on the list actually share a common physical border with Mexico? Those being Arizona, California, and Texas.

New Mexico was in the "least" column.

Does New Mexico have a special gigantic wall?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.4.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.4.13    5 years ago

You forgot CO where Trump wanted to build a wall also. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.4.15  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.4.14    5 years ago
You forgot CO where Trump wanted to build a wall

Maybe the Donald wanted to keep those pesky "New Mexicans" out of Colorado.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.4.13    5 years ago

Sorry, my bad. I missed New Mexico on the list. Nobody's perfect.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

That was the first thing I thought too when I saw the seed. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.7  al Jizzerror  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago
Seems rather strange that an actual American would rather cheerlead for lawbreakers

Please cite an example to back up your ridiculous statement.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    5 years ago

Trump's damn wall is just a jobs program for Sawzall...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago

You go, man!

Keep cheerleading for illegal alien lawbreakers!

Yeah, man!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

That is the progressive way!  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago
Trump's damn wall is just a jobs program for Sawzall...

Do you have a Sawzall ?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

Compared to Trump who will take money from anyone, no matter who they are where they are?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.3    5 years ago

And do you seriously think his predecessors did not?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.3    5 years ago

The Clintons were famous for soliciting "donation's" to their foundation.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.4    5 years ago

They most likely did also.  But that is another seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.8    5 years ago

The Clinton Foundation was not pay to play.

Anyone involved with the tRump 'presidency' has to line his pockets in order to play.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.13  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

Except, none of the Clintons ever accepted any compensation from The Clinton Foundation which is probably the most often and most thoroughly audited private charitable organization in the world and there has never ever been any evidence of any wrongdoing!

So..."NO!"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

That is an outright lie.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.15  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.2.13    5 years ago
Except, none of the Clintons ever accepted any compensation from The Clinton Foundation

In case you haven't noticed, Anything can be put in the records. What someone might do after that FACT, is another story. jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

If Trumps words and records he puts out isn't good enough for you, why would "Lying"(Impeached) Bill and Hillary's records be okay ? 

Only the Democrats need to see the Trump Tax records, as if they can find something wrong. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

They must be better than the IRS. The IRS isn't doing much against Trump. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.16  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.14    5 years ago

Trump Foundation got audited.. and shut down!

Now no Trumps can ever be on any foundation!

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.18  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.15    5 years ago

Googly Eyeball This...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.19  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

Care to explain why? It is a tale of corruption...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.20  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.2.18    5 years ago

"Facts" direct from the "Clinton Foundation" ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.22  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.20    5 years ago

You have no credible evidence to the contrary!

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.24  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

Why then did Trump agreed to the settlement?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.26  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.2.22    5 years ago
You have no credible evidence to the contrary!

Do Tell !

What is a "Credible" source anymore ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.27  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
you would have to be a complete fucking moron to think there was not quid pro quo occurring

Pretty much. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

"Contributions" are waaaaaaay down , since she's not in government anymore.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.28  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.26    5 years ago

One of the top 5 most credible here will do!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.29  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.2.28    5 years ago

Gosh....and the "Clinton Foundation" doesn't seem to be on "YOUR" list. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.31  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.29    5 years ago
(deleted)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.32  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.31    5 years ago
It doesn't belong on the list.  

I figured that out already....since the list put out was NOTHING more than all about supposed " News Reporting". jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

To bad Donations are waaaaay down, now that Hillary "Left" office, with that original A+ rating they had. I guess "Favors" can rate one high when in "Power".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.33  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.32    5 years ago

It was never pay to play with the Clinton Foundation no matter how many times you repeat the lies.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.34  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.32    5 years ago

That post about the list was a mistake.  What JBB posted was trustworthy news sources, not trustworthy foundations.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.35  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.32    5 years ago
'I figured that out already'

That'll be the day

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.36  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.33    5 years ago

Then why did the "donations" drop so dramatically after she left office? Someone(s) interpretation of those "benefits" of donating certainly had some sort of affect......................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.37  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.36    5 years ago

Where's the proof?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.38  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.34    5 years ago
What JBB posted was trustworthy news sources, not trustworthy foundations.  

Reeeeaaaaally ? jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.39  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.33    5 years ago
It was never pay to play with the Clinton Foundation

Who told you that ? C (Clinton) N (News) N (network) ?jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2.40  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

Total bullshit, and needs called out as a LIE.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.41  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.37    5 years ago

And then, subsequently, this..............

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.42  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.41    5 years ago

It only takes a little bit of common sense to figure out why Russian oligarchs and other foreigners  were giving millions to Clinton's "charity" when she had access to  power  and then stopped giving her money when she lost access to and the hope of regaining power. 

Her enablers just put their head in the sand and ignore the reality of what happened. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.43  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
The Clintons are a special kind of dirt bag they used a so called charity to enrich themselves regardless of what any other foundation as done.

Which is why it was given an 'A' rating from charitywatch and the Trump Foundation is now defunct after being investigated and sued.

The 2018 lawsuit against the Trump Foundation alleged "a pattern of persistent illegal conduct...that includes extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump's personal and business interests, and violations of basic legal obligations for non-profit foundations."

On December 18th, 2018, the Attorney General of New York announced that the Trump Foundation has signed a stipulation agreeing to dissolve under judicial supervision . Per the stipulation terms, the Foundation can only distribute its remaining charitable assets to organizations approved by the NY AG's office (OAG). A statement released by the NY AG calls the stipulation "an important victory for the rule of law" and notes that the stipulation "accomplishes a key piece of the relief sought in our lawsuit earlier this year."  The OAG's lawsuit (see below) will continue to move forward "to ensure that the Trump Foundation and its directors are held to account for their clear and repeated violations of state and federal law," according to the statement.

But sure, go ahead and live in the alternate universe where the Clinton foundation is the villain and the Trump Foundation above reproach. Go ahead and tell yourself whatever lies you need to keep your faith in the sniveling weakling behind the curtain controlling the Trump titan..ic...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.44  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.37    5 years ago

Where'd ya go?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.45  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.37    5 years ago
Where's the proof?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.46  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.45    5 years ago

Then why don't you handle this truth? Trump has just been ordered to pay a two million dollar fine for illegally abusing The Trump Foundation in what the judge called an inexcusable patern of corruption...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.47  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.41    5 years ago

Hillary Clinton left office in February of 2013 so what do the 2016 numbers prove? 

Oh and BTFW, the Clinton Foundation has had a 4 star charity rating for this whole decade, want to talk about the Trump foundation's rating? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.49  Dulay  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.48    5 years ago

It must suck to be gaslighted. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.51  Dulay  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.50    5 years ago
You can tell us all about your experience later I’m not interested

Do you think pretending to speak for other than yourself makes you cool? 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
4.2.52  al Jizzerror  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    5 years ago
Do you have a Sawzall ?

I have a DeWalt reciprocating saw.

A few years ago I cut a bunch of 3in galvanized fence posts to remove and recycle an 8ft chain link fence.  I used the fence posts to construct a dog run.

Don't worry.  I am NOT going to cut down the Mediocre Wall of Trump.

Here's a video of Johnny Knoxville cutting the roof off of a Hummer with a reciprocating saw.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
Smugglers Defeating Trump’s New Replacement Border Fence With $100 Power Saws

Ahh, my tax dollars at work!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Should have got some advice from Israel:

Palestinian-children-playing-near-a-high-wall-that-separates-their-residence-wih-Israeli-settlements.-e1512217406539.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&quality=75&strip=all&ssl=1

Maybe even China:

wall5.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 years ago

Where was that first photo taken?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    5 years ago

I forgot what it said - I think it was along Israel's border with Lebanon to keep the Hezbollah terrorists out, although they have been digging tunnels. .

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 years ago

Both breached.

When China's was breached it was "fatal".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @7.2    5 years ago

Yeah, The Great Wall has quite a history.  Hundreds of years to build it and thousands of builders died doing it.  And it really wasn't that effective.  However, it was interesting to climb and see:

Contrary to the myth, you cannot see it from space.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.2.1    5 years ago

Great picture, but that myth has a life of it's own.

Apparently near sunrise and sunset, sections the wall can be seen from the space station,

as proven by a Chinese astronaut recently.

A recent photograph taken from the International Space Station appears to confirm that China's Great Wall can be seen with the naked eye after all. Leroy Chiao, a Chinese-American astronaut, took what the state-run China Daily newspaper concludes is the first photographic evidence that the Great Wall could be seen from space with the naked eye, under certain favorable viewing conditions and if one knows exactly where to look. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @7.2.2    5 years ago

Hey, thanks for that info, but in my opinion it doesn't discredit the myth.  I read both the articles you linked, and neither of them indicates that the astronaut actually saw the Wall with the naked eye.  Both indicated that a camera was used, and one indicated it was with an 800 mm telescopic lens.  My camera has a zoom that goes to more than 700 mm, and it can enable me to see things I cannot distinguish with my naked eye. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.3  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 years ago

Border Patrol wants to be able to see through the fence.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @7.3    5 years ago

How about revolving security cameras on top, or a REALLY long periscope.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago

If you're one of those open borders nuts, this should make you happy, yes?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @8    5 years ago

I hope you're not directing that to me - I believe fences make good neighbours.  I agree with Trump's strong stand on immigration.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    5 years ago
I hope you're not directing that to me

No, it was a general thing. If you're one of those open borders nuts, etc. If you're not, it doesn't apply to you.

I just think it's kind of funny that people who think we shouldn't have a fence act like it's a problem when someone gets over or under the fence. You'd think they'd be celebrating. Logically, they would be celebrating if they really believed that open borders crap.

I think it's pretty clear, though, that they're really just about political gamesmanship and attacking everything the other party is doing. That's why just a few years ago, Democrats were advocating for a border fence, but now that Republicans are in charge, the whole idea is evil.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    5 years ago
one of those open borders nuts

Maybe I don't get out enough but I don't know anyone, in any of my social circles, friends, family, neighbors, clients, NObody that is for open borders. I've always wondered where that came from. "open borders". Who even came up with that ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    5 years ago

The law was enacted years ago and "completed" (The 700 miles required) under the Obama Admin.

Why do we still only have 700 miles of mixed fencing and vehicle barriers?

There are 1200 "missing" miles of "fence", most of it on private property in TX and

I'm pretty sure next year and next few years following won't be much different regardless of who controls the oval Office or Congress.

The border is and always has been open.

It needs BP, not fences or walls IMHO.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.3    5 years ago

BP?  I only know of a petroleum company by those initials.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.4    5 years ago

Border Patrol...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @8.1.2    5 years ago

When a state, county, or city enacts "sanctuary" laws or policies, they are in effect supporting open borders.

It isn't really hard to figure that out.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.5    5 years ago

Thanks.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.3    5 years ago

As I understand it, that 700 plus miles of fencing under Obama was funded but never built. Wonder where the money for that went to?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1.8    5 years ago
" DHS reports that there is now fencing for 649 of the 652 miles described in the Secure Fence Act of 2006 . But the vast majority of the requirement was met with vehicle barriers and single-layer pedestrian fence. The original act specifically called for double-layer fencing, and only 36.3 miles of double-layered fencing currently exist. However, the act was later amended to allow Border Security the discretion to determine which type of fencing was appropriate for different areas."

" Obama can make a case that the vehicle barriers and single-layer pedestrian fences meet the amended letter of the law "

"But we also think Obama misleads, particularly when he mocks Republican opponents, saying that even though the fence has been built, "(Republicans) want a higher fence. Maybe they’ll need a moat. Maybe they want alligators in the moat."

Interesting how prescient President Obama was. We all thought he was joking, the Republicans would never suggest something so stupid as digging a moat and filling it with alligators, would they?...

Trump also proposed digging a water-filled moat and stocking it with snakes and alligators . If he was kidding, his aides didn’t think so, as they sought a cost estimate for the cartoonishly ludicrous proposal . Trump also wanted the wall to be electrified, and topped with spikes that could “pierce human flesh.”

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1.8    5 years ago

That is incorrect.

Obama had nothing to do with it, ( but certainly politicized it later).

Congress enacted the law under Bush in 2006 requiring;

It's true that in 2006, the Republican-controlled House and a large bipartisan majority in the Senate passed, and President Bush signed, the Secure Fence Act, requiring 700 additional miles of double chain-link and barbed-wire fences with lights and camera poles.

But in 2007, the Homeland Security Department complained of being, er, fenced in, arguing that different types of terrain required different barriers.

So Cruz's predecessor, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, authored an amendment that DHS would not be required "to install fencing . .. if the Secretary determines that the use or placement of such resources is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain operational control over the international border at such location."

This resulted in only 30 miles of the double layered fence near the CA coast, the rest reduced to single layer and almost half being vehicle barriers.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1.11  cjcold  replied to  pat wilson @8.1.2    5 years ago

This liberal is certainly not for "open borders". That's just right wing propaganda. They propose that if one is not for Trump's wall then one is for open borders which epitomizes the low level of conservative thought processes. 

In this day and age, electronic detectors, drones, helicopters and an increase of BP agents and vehicles is the only smart play.

I am not rooting for the fence cutters (like some of our right wingers suggest), but I can't look at a piece of Trump's proposed wall without thinking of a few different ways to penetrate it. Where there's a will, there's a way.   

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    5 years ago

Sad, but just hilarious. Like a Monty Python skit. There was also another major tunnel discovered. The idiotic waste of taxpayer money wall that isn't going to do ANYTHING. Not to mention that smugglers are using boats and planes flying over the wall and coming into coastal states by boat. They have even discovered small Drone drops all along the border. Trump is con man conning the rubes into believing in a symbolic wall that does nothing.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  freepress @9    5 years ago
The idiotic waste of taxpayer money wall that isn't going to do ANYTHING.

What??

I thought the Mexicans were going to pay for Trump's wall.

OMG!  Was he lying?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  freepress @9    5 years ago
Like a Monty Python skit.

That's my solution for the wall!

We need this on the border.