The Boo Magnet

TRUMP BOOED AT UFC EVENT

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Only a  few days after being booed and protested  during his appearance at the World Series in Washington, D.C., President  Donald Trump  is once again hearing the derision of the crowds. This time it falls in New York at Madison Square Garden during Trump's appearance at  UFC  244 with his sons.

The president showed up and can be seen waving at the crowd in video shared on Twitter, with it not taking long for the crowd to let Trump know how they feel.  The Nation 's Jeet Heer pointed out that while the World Series reaction was expected,  the UFC crowd presents more of a surprise .

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship folks. Trump is a historically unpopular president," Heer wrote on Twitter alongside video of the booing. "He polls at 40% but only half that strongly support him. The vast majority hate him or are defending him only out of partisan reflexiveness."

....Trump's appearance at the MMA event follows his decision to change his residence from New York, his lifelong residence, to Florida. It also comes  before a potential visit by the Washington Nationals to the White House  to celebrate  their World Series victory . One player who won't be in attendance is reliever Sean Dolittle, who didn't mince words when  speaking with  The Washington Post  about his decision .

"There's a lot of things, policies that I disagree with, but at the end of the day, it has more to do with the divisive rhetoric and the enabling of conspiracy theories and widening the divide in this country," Doolittle said .  "At the end of the day, as much as I wanted to be there with my teammates and share that experience with my teammates, I can't do it. I just can't do it."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

There is nothing Trump can do more to build up his base in Heartland America and the electoral college battleground states than to make public appearances in hardcore blue areas and get loudly booed by our domestic enemy.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    5 years ago

This is why trump, in 3 years has made damn few public appearances. He will get booed for the rest of his life no matter where he goes. He's an asshole, and there are damn few that actually like the guy. 

His rallies are the only places he can go and NOT get booed. Why? Because they are screened to make sure they support trump. Non supporters are not allowed in. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago
Non supporters are not allowed in.  Can you prove that, or is it another lie?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    5 years ago
Can you prove that, or is it another lie?

Well do the math greg.. Does he get booed at his rallies? No. Does he get booed everywhere else? Yes. 

1+1=2, right? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.2    5 years ago

Are you suggesting that some people's hatred of their President would force them to attend a rally FOR the man they hate so much?

Is that liberal logic or something?

I didn't like Obama particularly, and never went to a single one of his rallies.

Sane people don't go to rallies for people they hate unless it is simply to stir up shit.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.3    5 years ago

I might attend one just for the entertainment value, but only if I have enough eye bleach afterwards.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.4    5 years ago
I might attend one just for the entertainment value, but only if I have enough eye bleach afterwards.

Sounds like an improvement in someone's social life is in order if attending a rally for someone who is hated is "entertaining".

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    5 years ago

I just appreciate a good laugh.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.6    5 years ago

Then you should have been attending any Democratic rally for any of the nutjobs running.

Highly entertaining--especially some of the math used!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.2    5 years ago

I was not aware lefties had tattoos on their foreheads saying they were such, thus making it easy for them to gain entrance.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @4    5 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  MrFrost @4.1    5 years ago

Uncovfefeable

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

What does Trump expect for tellung us 15,000 lies, betraying his oath of office and the American public? A Ticker Tape Parade? I expect New York will honor Trump with a Presidential Library and if he ever finishes that damn coloring book it will contain one volume and all of Trump's Crayola Crayons...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

NY should get a bunch of chimpanzee's to line his route out of town to throw their shit at him. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago
NY should get a bunch of chimpanzee's to line his route out of town to throw their shit at him.

I'm fairly certain you could find Democrats to do that.

Same thing, right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago

Why bother?

I am sure that SOME Democrats would be all too willing to fling poo at their President.

Seems like there are quite a few Democrats in NYC!

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

Not "Everyone" in Dallas welcome Kennedy...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    5 years ago

WTF???????????????

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    5 years ago

Correct. A left winger killed him. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.6  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

Oops! I spoke too soon. It turns out Trump will never finish that book. He ate all the Crayons...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.6    5 years ago

Get back to me when one of your posts actually makes sense.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.8  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.5    5 years ago

Except that Lee Harvey Oswald had already turned into a far rightwinger by then and he was very angry at Kennedy for not being tough enough on Russia and Castro! Oswald blamed Kennedy for The Bay of Pigs Fiasco. He was also a nutter and a Texan. Kennedy had become very unpopular in Texas exactly for those reasons at that time. He went there to shore up his chances for taking Texas in 1964. Dallas was a conservative gop stronghold even back in 1964 just as it remains today...

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.9  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    5 years ago

Ditto!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago
I am sure that SOME Democrats would be all too willing to fling poo at their President.

Could be....

Just sayin...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago

Orangutans are much better.  They have an arm like a rocket launcher and dead on accuracy.  My cousin used to work with the primates at the San Diego and would tell me stories about it.  Him and the other keepers used to have a pool going about the number of times a day the orangutans would nail a visitor.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    5 years ago
Ditto!

I'll make sure you are the first to know when one of your comments make sense.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.11    5 years ago
My cousin used to work with the primates at the San Diego and would tell me stories about it.

Yea, I feel bad for him having to work with republicans like that, even though it was a small group.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

I’d say that in that state it would only be SOME democrats there who would pass up the opportunity to make fools of themselves and act like the jackasses they sometimes make of themselves. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.5    5 years ago

And Dallas was a Democrat city back then, and the corrupt then VP was from the state that city is in.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

His reelectment is assured, thanks to the majority of the left wing turd blossoms being stupid shitheads.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    5 years ago

What is assured is that Trump gets impeached!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    5 years ago
What is assured is that Trump gets impeached!

The first order of House business is that Pelosi and Schiff still need to find an impeachable crime.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.3  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.2    5 years ago

Except, Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff already have ample evidence of and legions of witnesses to Trump abusing official power, extorting foreign governments to frame his political opponents, endangering our national security, betraying his oath of office and sworn duty to the American people and committing multitudinous subversions of American justice. 

Just for starters...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @5.2.3    5 years ago
Except, Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff already have ample evidence of and legions of witnesses to Trump abusing official power, extorting foreign governments to frame his political opponents, endangering our national security, betraying his oath of office and sworn duty to the American people and committing multitudinous subversions of American justice. 

Schiff has been claiming that for 2-3 years. Time for him to put up or permanently shut up.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.5  MrFrost  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.4    5 years ago
Schiff has been claiming that for 2-3 years.

The impeachment inquiry started what, a month ago? Buy a new calendar. 

Either way, trump is the most corrupt and lawless president in history. It's not even close. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.5    5 years ago
The impeachment inquiry started what, a month ago? 

Please specify exactly where I said anything about the impeachment inquiry in comment 5.2.4 .

Buy a new calendar.

Please clean your glasses.  jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.6    5 years ago

Please clean your glasses. 

I don't wear glasses. Sorry! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.6    5 years ago
Please specify exactly where I said anything about the impeachment inquiry in comment 5.2.4 .

It is far easier to argue what you didn't state than what you did state.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.9  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.7    5 years ago
I don't wear glasses. Sorry! 

I'm happy that you don't wear glasses, so there's no need to apologize. 

You did, however, forget to answer the more important part of my comment 5.2.6  ...

I shall wait for your reply.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    5 years ago

So the House recommends impeachment. Means absolutely nothing in the long run. The House only has the ability to recommend impeachment charges but not remove from office whereas the Senate has the ability convict and remove from office, and that is likely never going to happen so long as the GOP controls the Senate. The left needs to deal with that.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @5.2.3    5 years ago

If that is the case, then why has he not been formally accused, tried, and convicted? Still waiting on that to happen. All I have heard so far is innuendo and hearsay on the part of the Dems.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.11    5 years ago
If that is the case, then why has he not been formally accused, tried, and convicted?

Schiff and Pelosi are still looking under chair cushions and in closets to find the "evidence" that Schiff claimed he had over 2 years ago.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

After Trump essentially took his ball and moved to FL, I doubt NY would dedicate anything more than a subway bathroom stall to him.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.1  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3    5 years ago

Well, ya know what they say, "All the nuts roll down to Florida". 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.1    5 years ago

No the fruits 🍎 and nuts 🥜 have largely moved to and or live in the urban coastal regions of Californication.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3    5 years ago

Well, they will always have Trump Tower to remember our great American President by.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.4  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.3    5 years ago

Well, they will always have Trump Tower to remember our great American President by.  

1) There are damn few that will call him a great American president. He is already ranked in the bottom 5.

2) The "Trump" brand has become a liability and many companies are having the trump name removed from their buildings. No? Then why did trump transfer the trump brand to "Scion"? Because even trump knows his name is quickly becoming worthless. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.5  lady in black  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.4    5 years ago

There are 14 condos in Trump Tower up for sale on Zillow.  One has been up for sale for 324 days...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.6  lady in black  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3    5 years ago

Trump a Florida man? Not a done deal

Trust me, I know a little something something about tax audits, no I've never been audited.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    5 years ago

Perfect setting for trump.

Absurd fake wrestling that all they do is trash talk each other in costume.

I swear, he is constantly doing some kind of rally. For people that said Obama couldn't have time to do anything because of all his golf playing, this POS is always having a rally.

One in MS, this appearance, next a rally in Kentucky.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @7    5 years ago

The founder of UFC was struggling at the beginning and there was a competitor more established and few would listen to him or invest in his effort.  Trump did and the rest is history.  As for rallies, last year he campaigned on behalf of Republicans and gained more senators.  This year the 2020 Presidential campaign has begun and he’s not campaigning near as much as his rivals and even now many of his appearances are to support other Republicans in the off year or special elections.  His rallies are often on national tv as Fox is carrying most of them live since the Dems declined to have even one debate on Fox.